OtakuBoards

Another question by yours truly.

Na'dou

Do you think we need a recruitment thread in the Battle arena? I'm just asking because for tag team battles, you have to get people together so it can be fare for the other player. I'm thinking mostly on tag teams, so what do you think? I just felt like asking. It seems it would be a good idea so that you won't have alot of things being posted before the spar actually begins...

[color=darkblue]
I think that's a great idea, and could be considered, but you have to remember that the reason the Adventure Arena has a recruitment forum is because it's fun to get to play with new people and see who signs up, plus there are many more involved.

The reason I don't think it would work is because there would only be a few people in a thread, and you could easily handle it in PMs. The other thing, is that a lot of threads seem to have a title like, "Na'Dou! I'm callin' you out!" or something to that effect, so why couldn't you just say, "Juu and Mist vs Na'Dou and Harlequin."

And just in case they didn't agree to the battle, that's why you would use PMs to take care of it beforehand, although they'd probably join in without any notice.

Although your idea is very thoughtful, and a good one, the battles are just so small that I don't think it would matter.
[/color]

• 6 years later...
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]Whoa thead necromancy. This thread hasn't been active since 2002. That was before my time. The Arena doesn't exist anymore. It's now the Theater, where you can participate in RPGs and even host your own. So feel free to check that feature out.

If you have any questions, PM any of the staff or the Theater moderator Darren. We'll be glad to help!
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Boo'][SIZE=1]Psh, youngster. :([/SIZE][/quote][SIZE=1]

No respect I tell you, no respect.

Also why doesn't it occur to people that if a thread is seven years old and hasn't been posted in since then that maybe it's dead ?
[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]

No respect I tell you, no respect.

Also why doesn't it occur to people that if a thread is seven years old and hasn't been posted in since then that maybe it's dead ?
[/SIZE][/quote]
[COLOR=Blue]Because some people take the suggestion/rule to search before you post a new thread very literally. Personally, I think it's refreshing to see people paying attention to the rules, even if they're not paying attention to the date of the last post in the thread ;)[/COLOR]

[quote name='Petie'][COLOR=Blue]Because some people take the suggestion/rule to search before you post a new thread very literally. Personally, I think it's refreshing to see people paying attention to the rules, even if they're not paying attention to the date of the last post in the thread ;)[/COLOR][/quote]

[SIZE="1"]Maybe, I'd figured they came mostly from external searches like Google and such.[/SIZE]