Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Hello People,
So, it's Christmas Eve, the big day tommorrow. Is everyone excited? Well, I'm not. I don't know why. Is it because I am not with my whole family? Or, maybe because I'm just too old, but surely you can never be too old for Christmas.
So, is anyone else feeling like me today, or the exact opposite? I will probably be happier tommorrow, when I get my presents, but for now, I am a boring Scrooge.
Posted
I feel like that too. I think its because Christmas came so fast I hardly had time to do anything, so I'm not really into the Christmas spirit that I'm usually in around this time of the year. Of course your not too old though, your never to old. Besides, I'm older than you.;)
Posted
Yeh, but you feel exactly the same as I do! Everyone around me is excitied, but I am just feeling so down. I don't know why, because Christmas always was a fun, and festive time. I have my stepmum's family coming over, who I don't even know, so maybe that's the reason. Or maybe it's because I am not with my real mother and my real sister. I don't know. Who are you spending Xmas with?
Posted
True.. My brothers excited though, hes 14. I'm spending Christmas with my Mum, dad, my brother, Aunt, Grandma, Uncle, and my dads friend is coming over. Actually thier all coming over today for dinner because tomorrow my mom wants to just relax, not worry about cooking and stuff. She has to work the day after Christmas!:flaming: Stupid hospital! Shes has to work today too, only till Noon though.
Posted
[color=blue][size=1]This is really weird. A lot of the people I've spoken to feel the same way as you guys. I mean, sure, I'm excited about Christmas, but it's just not the same as last year and the years before that. Perhaps it's a result of the depressing lifestyles we lead these days...oh great, now I sound old ^_^

But seriously, it could have something to do with the state the world has been in lately. Maybe we're finding it harder to just drop our troubles for Christmas like we used to.[/size][/color]
Guest butterfly
Posted
yes i feel that way too. it has just been such a hassel buying presents and sending cards to people, this year. i heard about ten people today say that they hated christmas and wished that it were over already.winging about the money and the lack of time to get gifts. well i can relate, but i still want my pressies and only 5 hours to go. yeah, haha.
Posted
Well, don't me wrong; I love Christmas. But I'm growing to [i]hate[/i] Christmas songs that ger overplayed every-single-year. They drive me up the wall...

-Justin
Posted
Christmas, well. it gets different the older you get. When your 16 and 17 " i dont need toys, just give me stuff like clothes, money** preferably**" Older, well, thats hard to say. I got my dad a Cobra commander SIB for his bday. I dont know what to get him for christmas, because his b-day was on saturday. I figure, if he wanted something from me, he would have told me, therefore, I'll get him a card, and say " you never told me what you wanted."
Posted
[color=red][b]Being 16, I don't ask for much, so it's not all that exciting. All I asked for was expensive items. So I may have 2-3 gifts this year. But they are good ones. /prays for car[/b][/color]
Posted
[COLOR=darkblue] I can't wait. I know one thing that I got, that is really big, Tekken 4. Nothing more do I know though, I just can't wait until I push that game in the sony PS2, and go to action. I get to see a lot of family members today, that I usually see like twice a year. Two of them, luckily once a year! I'm sure I am going to get phinomanal presents![/color]
Posted
you know what, I feel the same way, its wierd...Like im so excited for Christmas but its just not the same, I think its because im getting oldier...But its still christmas so im excited
Posted
Gee, guys. I [b]love[/b] Christmas music. But this year it's real hard for me to get into the christmas spirit. Probably because it's so hot down here in San Antonio. I can work up a sweat just by jogging for a minute. Plus, since we have all of those kittens we can't have a tree. But I [i]try[/i] to stay in Christmas spirit.
Posted
I don't know Christmas doesn't quite have its old school charm, I've more or less grown out of the present thing, but watching some of the younger kids get so excited this time of year just makes ya feel all warm and fuzyy inside :bluesweat
Posted
Well, Flash what did you get for Christmas? o_- Shouldn't you be having fun, with that?
Posted
I really can't wait until tommarrow, although it's already Christmas in a few countries, like Australia. >.>

This is really my favorite time of the year, so yes, I am excited. Although, I can tell you that it has come very quickly this year. In any case, I really want to open my presents, and see the look on my family's faces when they see what I got them.:blush:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cyko [/i]
[B]Well, Flash what did you get for Christmas? o_- Shouldn't you be having fun, with that? [/B][/QUOTE]

I got $15, some chocolate, and a couple of pairs of boxers. Fun.
Posted
[color=deeppink] [size=1]Hmm... It's Christmas Eve right now, and there's still 1:15 to go until Christmas ^_^

It doesn't feel any different, except my baby cousin's getting his cheeks squeezed a little more. ^_^;;

I'm not sure what I'm getting, but I'm really excited!

I can't believe my mom thought I still believed in Santa... She was really surprised. o_o;[/color] [/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Yu Yu Hakusho! [/i]
[B]............Why did your mom think that????
*raises eyebrow*
I hate to say this to Santa beleivers, but I never did beleive in Santa even when I was a baby. I just started celebrating last year anyway.... [/B][/QUOTE]
Yeah, I believe that you would give more thought to it and enjoy it more if you had celebrated when you were a baby. To other religions, it probably seems pretty silly. ;)
Posted
[color=crimson]I just wanna take this time and oppurtunity to wish everyone an enjoyable holiday (I got candy and a puzzle, Flash, heh), especially to all my closest buddies--you know who you are!!! :haha:[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vegitto4 [/i]
[B]Christmas, well. it gets different the older you get. When your 16 and 17 " i dont need toys, just give me stuff like clothes, money** preferably**" Older, well, thats hard to say. I got my dad a Cobra commander SIB for his bday. I dont know what to get him for christmas, because his b-day was on saturday. I figure, if he wanted something from me, he would have told me, therefore, I'll get him a card, and say " you never told me what you wanted." [/B][/QUOTE]
I agree once you get older the diffrent your taste in iteams gets but I hat getting clothes.:cross: I usually ask for electronics most of the time now.

Spikey you go Tekken 4!!??? :eek: You know I wanted that for Christmas!:bawl:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...