OtakuBoards

Treatment of "Newbies"

Armadillomon

Newbie treatment...? (Older members, please vote for one in each category!)  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Newbie treatment...? (Older members, please vote for one in each category!)

• (Newbies) I have been treated kindly by experienced members as a Newbie
    • (Newbies) I have been yelled at already by the other members
    • ("Older" members) I am nice to Newbies
    • ("Older" members) I will make a smart comment now and then towards a Newbie
    • ("Older" members) NEWBIES SHOULD BURN!!!!

Guest cloricus
[spoiler][color=#00ff00]Yeah Jamez was a newbie once to...
One word posts,
Meaningless posts,
Spelling mistakes,
Weird rantings...

Now you get a post that's...
Lucky to be under hundred words,
Is perfectly worded and fits in well,
Have no spelling mistakes...
Hmm ranting on a bit, can?t give him credit for wiping that one out though...

Armadillomon most people look at the time some one has been here plus when they joined and how stupid they are. It's a mix of those that determines a newbie.
(Cool avatar to.)

As for 1500 posts, you must be talking about Harlequin. Well I can assure you he got that by spaming and meaning less posts, I should know I was in a race with him...

Nope I don't think we should have another level.
[/color][/spoiler]

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He still does single-word posts... (No offense James, but you do :p)

We've got post levels coming out of the Ying-Yang...

Otaku
Extreme Otaku
No Life
I Live Here
etc etc. (Raiha, waiting on you to reach 10,000 to find out the next level ;))

So no, I don't think we need a new level... 0.0;

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Valen [/i]
[B]He still does single-word posts... (No offense James, but you do :p)

[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#507AAC]Actually, I don't. I ensure that every post (even short ones) are more than one word. ^_^

And I never did any of that stuff Cloricus mentioned. lol

I have [i]always[/i] believed that post quality is important, no matter what the setting. My point was that even as a Newbie on other boards, I still behave in the same way. So being a Newbie doesn't necessarily mean that you are inexperienced or stupid, which is what I was trying to underline.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#507AAC]I have [i]always[/i] believed that post quality is important, no matter what the setting. My point was that even as a Newbie on other boards, I still behave in the same way. So being a Newbie doesn't necessarily mean that you are inexperienced or stupid, which is what I was trying to underline.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Didn't you not actually start posting a lot until June or July of v2? I seem to remember you were "around" v2 when I joined, but decided to start posting more a little while later. For some reason I distinctly remember a conversation we had about Australia, and as a result someone said that we should hook up in the Dating Game RPG :bellylol:[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]Didn't you not actually start posting a lot until June or July of v2? I seem to remember you were "around" v2 when I joined, but decided to start posting more a little while later. For some reason I distinctly remember a conversation we had about Australia, and as a result someone said that we should hook up in the Dating Game RPG :bellylol:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#507AAC]That's true. Initially I was heavily involved with theOtaku.com. And during v1, I didn't post at all. I worked on theOtaku.com and "lurked". lol

But during v2, we had a need for someone to run the entire site (when it became "OtakuBoards.com" as a site unto itself) and I was the person for the job at the time. ^_^[/color]

When i first came on here i wasn't treated badly or anything i also have several people on here who i know in real life and they gave me advice that my posts werent very long and detailed enough so they helped me out which was cool and i think the moderators are only trying to help people and dont intend to be scary ( i dont think anyway lol) but they just want these boards to be a safe and pleasant enviroment for everyone.

[size=1][color=darkblue]Although I have only been here a few days, I feel like I've been treated kindly and with respect. I read the rules before I posted and I've tryed my best to abide by them.
There have been forums that I've joined previously that never welcome Newbies, and I've never returned to them, but in my short stay here so far I've enjoyed it, and will stay around for along time.[/color][/size]

[color=#507AAC]Newbie just means that you're new. That's all. It doesn't ever imply that you're stupid or ignorant -- many of our greatest members were once newbies. They didn't suddenly grow a brain after their newbie status went away.

We don't use custom titles here (for various reasons), instead we have around ten status levels that you can build up to. [/color]

[color=0099FF] [size=1]I didn't have any problem when I came in I think it's because I have a cousin here who is already An Otaku.But still I was treated fairly just like other Newbies on OB..I think.

I think OB is a great site so I don't really think anyone would be mistreated unless they are REALLY annoying. [/color] [/size]

• 3 months later...
[font=gothic][color=crimson]I'll admit, I've been cold towards the occasional newbie, but not without provocation. But then, when I was a newbie, I was one hell of a wackjob, so I can't really take any moral highground here.

But generally, I'd think any newbie who is dissatisfied with the treatment they receive is probably the kind that just annoys people anyway.[/font][/color]