Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
YAAAAAAAY! WHOOOOOOO! *watches the last 5 minutes of the last part of Master of Magicians ((M.O.M.... Heh heh heh...))* Go Marik, go Marik! @_@ Heh heh.... :luv:I love Marik:luv:... Don't care for his voice, but I love his looks. I don't care if he IS evil. Oh and the next duel will be [spoiler]Joey vs Weevil[/spoiler], that is, if Lelola is correct.

And the blades... I'd rather them be saw blades... but... you can't win them all... And yeah, I noticed the whole cross-changing-to-rock-slab thing.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Beelzebumon [/i]
[B]Why would anyone ever want to work for Marik, when we've seen how he treats his employees?
[/B][/QUOTE]

i don't think his so called " Employees " get a choice in the matter. it's probably a case of 1 of 2 things.

1) work for Marik willingly(sp?)and have a free mind
Or
2)Refuse and have marik brainwash you and he's in control.


Back on topic

I've just seen Joey defeat Espa Roba but unfortunately i won't see any new episodes until next week thanks to a weekend of Transformers Armada. :sleep:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by blackgatomon [/i]
[B]YAAAAAAAY! WHOOOOOOO! *watches the last 5 minutes of the last part of Master of Magicians ((M.O.M.... Heh heh heh...))* Go Marik, go Marik! @_@ Heh heh.... :luv:I love Marik:luv:... Don't care for his voice, but I love his looks. I don't care if he IS evil. Oh and the next duel will be [spoiler]Joey vs Weevil[/spoiler], that is, if Lelola is correct.
[/B][/QUOTE]
It is and so far Joey is getting his butt kicked..
Posted
Did you notice that this duel seemed to go awfully quick?
Like in the Espa and Arcana duels, it didn't seem that they were playing very many cards, as if they were taking their time.
This Joey duel had cards being played rapidly. The turn alternation was super fast, like in a few mintes they've already cycled through however many turns it would take Joey and Espa 10-15 minutes.

Just a weird observation...
Posted
*laughs* That's true HS, so true! Me and a friend ((Namely: Tatooed freak)) thought it weird that the first timeLeghul attacked, it bit Joey's leg. @_@ But... This time... they didn't show marik... I WANT TO SEE MARIK!
Posted
I think it went quickly because the duelists already knew each other, and their motivations. Plus, unlike Yugi, Joey didn't have to grill Weevilo n his plans for world domination, because Weevil didn't have any. I'm afraid that when compared to guys like Marik, Pegasus and Kaiba, duelists like Bandit Kieth, Weevil, Rex, Esper, Mako and even Mai are small fries.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Beelzebumon [/i]
[B]I'm afraid that when compared to guys like Marik, Pegasus and Kaiba,
duelists like Bandit Kieth, Weevil, Rex, Esper, Mako and even Mai are small fries. [/B][/QUOTE]

Kaiba's the only one you've mentioned that doesn't cheat, Pegasus cheats by reading their mind , proving that he can't win any other way.
Marik (when not in Yami Form) will send his goons, cards through a little machine in their robe,however when he's in Yami form he will always duel in the shadow realm, because even his yami form can barely win.

Bandit Kieth, Weevil + Esper: all cheat and all lose.
Rex + Mako: don't cheat and still lose.

-------------------------------------------------------

just out of curiousity (sp?) which card would joey get off Weevil anyway?
also i have to wait 2 weeks for any new episodes thanks to a Stargate infinatey Marathon! :sleep:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dragon Fou Lu [/i]
[B]just out of curiousity (sp?) which card would joey get off Weevil anyway?[/B][/QUOTE]
Probably with all those Bug-monsters of his, Perfectly Evolved Great Moth. Or something along those lines.
Posted
Yami Yugi made a point of saying that Pegasus could have won their duel if he *hadn't* been using the Millenium Eye for so long; it allowed his dueling skills to deteriorate. Kind of a poetic justice...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by HyperShadow [/i]
[B]Actually DM, its [spoiler]Insect Queen, Weevil's trump card in the second part of the duel.[/spoiler] [/B][/QUOTE]
Wouldn't have been able to tell you that, I haven't seen that ep. And that was his rarest card to my knowledge.
Guest Altron Gundam
Posted
Actually Jounouchi gets the Insect Queen. Not the Perfecty Evolved Great Moth lol.
Posted
Yeah the Insect queen is the rarest card weevil has
I think that point was already made though by Hyper Shadow
But I think it would have server Joey better if he got the perfectly evolved moth scince he knows a lot of things about it and scince it would be the strongest card if he were to put it in his deck.
Posted
Well even if he got Perfectly Evolved Great Moth, would he have been able to use it? Without the requirements, its nothing.
That's why Insect Queen is there. Partly because its one of those cards Joey can use without any other special cards.
Posted
What I meant is that he can play Insect Queen wihtout the help of other cards.
He'll need more stuff in order to get the Great Moth working.
Guest Altron Gundam
Posted
Jounouchi's deck is basically a Warrior Deck w/ Trap options. Insect Queen won't be used at all. In the magna and the JP series he tends to rely on Android Psycho Shocker(e. Jinzo) and Gilford the Lightning for his big hitters.
Posted
Did anyone else see the mistake on today's episode of Yu-Gi-Oh?

Ahem, if you'll notice the little kid in Serenity's room's is looking at the laptop to find out what's happening in the deul. When Joey plays the card that makes Weevil's Insect Queen attack his own Insect Soldier of the Sky, the LP for Weevil((according to the laptop)) go down from 5450 to 3250, like it's supposed to. Then, before Serenity and said kid start to talk, the LP's turn to 0 for a split second.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by HyperShadow [/i]
[B]What I meant is that he can play Insect Queen wihtout the help of other cards.
He'll need more stuff in order to get the Great Moth working. [/B][/QUOTE]

I realize that. I'm just saying that it won't be a game-winner for Joey, the way some of his other cards are.
By the way, am I the only one who thinks that [spoiler] Yugi and Kiaba dueling on a team [/spoiler] will be totally awesome? I've been hopeing for that to happen ever since I saw the Paradox Brothers episodes.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by blackgatomon [/i]
[B]Did anyone else see the mistake on today's episode of Yu-Gi-Oh?

Ahem, if you'll notice the little kid in Serenity's room's is looking at the laptop to find out what's happening in the deul. When Joey plays the card that makes Weevil's Insect Queen attack his own Insect Soldier of the Sky, the LP for Weevil((according to the laptop)) go down from 5450 to 3250, like it's supposed to. Then, before Serenity and said kid start to talk, the LP's turn to 0 for a split second. [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=teal][SIZE=1]I Noticed that, and I also noticed that when The Insect Queen first eats the Cockroach Knight, it eats the Legul again, but in the next sense it eats the cockroach knight.a[/SIZE] a[/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Takuya [/i]
[B]Well, the Insect Queen isn't that great on its own when compared to some of Joey's other cards. Its strength comes from its effect, which requires Insect cards to work. [/B][/QUOTE]


Actually, he might be able to use Insect Queen by using the parasite card Weevil put in his deck.

Also, do any of you see a pattern: Weevil bets two star chips (all he has) to try and throw Yugi out of the Duelist Kingdom tournament, but gets thrown out himself. A bunch of episodes later, Weevil bets two locator cards (all he has) to try and throw Joey out of the Battle City tournament, but gets thrown out himself.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...