OtakuBoards

1st Jobs?

zidane11

[size=1][color=darklbue]Well, I have a paper round, and I get around £13 a week, which isn't bad, because it's easy work. In the holidays I sometimes help my dad out, or go into my step mum's office and do odd jobs there. Me and my friend worked for 60 hours, and got £60 between us, which is very good![/color][/size]

[color=navy]I don't have a job though I am old enough. I have applied for a couple of jobs though. The first one was Mcdonalds but I didn't really like the idea of working there so I applied for the Library. Though they haven't answered yet:(
Another job that I would like to have would be in a pets store but there are none that are near me...[/color]

My first job was as a high school maths tutor. It was fun! :)

You have to be patient, have good communication skills, and it helps if you're not a total nerd. ;) You gotta know your stuff of course, but I found that kids were more open to me when I related to them. :D

Parents are a little hard to deal with sometimes. Some are so clueless about their kids its not even funny. And some are so stingy they expect you to turn their kids into maths wizzes in a couple of months!! The funny thing is it is usually the parents of kids who are really struggling! Sheesh...I may be good but I'm not a miracle worker!!

But the students are usually fun to deal with. :) And its nice to be paid to help someone out. And there is satisfaction in taking a marginal pass kid to around 70 or 80, so that at least they can go to university and get a degree.

[color=red][b]First job I had was at Burger King. I worked there for 2 weeks. SaiyanPrincessX is smart when she says she will never work at a fast food place. It sucked more than anything I have ever done.[/b][/color]

[color=darkblue]
I'm still applying, but there are few jobs open for me at my age. All I can find are Chik-Fil-A and Minyards (grocery store). One of the Minyards isn't taking applications, so I might try the other one, and Chik-Fil-A is just too far away. When I turn 15 though, I'm applying for a job at Six Flags.
[/color]

My first job was at Affy Tapple. I don't know how big they are anywhere else, but they are basically the biggest and most famous caramel apple maker in this area.

The whole place was basically a factory. There was an entrance for people to come in off the street and buy stuff, and right there was a counter. So I had to take people's orders (sometimes just one apple, sometimes 70 boxes), ring them up and give them to them.

I mostly hated it because people were never thankful for anything you did. I didn't have to load 40 boxes into someone's car, but I did... and I recall getting help from the people maybe 5% of the time. It didn't help that this held everything else up, since I was the only worker at the counter.

It wasn't a bad job. I think I made about $8 an hour, which was enough when I was 16.

Then I worked at Target, which turned out to be the worst job ever... But that's another story.

[color=indigo][size=1]Well... I shared a paper route with my borther when I was little. He got most of the pay, I only received about five or ten dollars. Though, I was only eight or nine at the time, so that was good for me.

When I was fourteen, I worked at a Boy Scout summer camp once. Though, I did not get paid because I was only in training... So that is not really much of a job.

My first [i]real[/i] job was at Burger King. *shudders* Oh how I hated that job. I am too independent to work at such a place. It was a definite factor in a mental and emotional breakdown I had a while back. After that happened, my mom let me quit the job.

I have been contently unemployed ever since.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kinetic [/i]
[B][color=darkblue]When I turn 15 though, I'm applying for a job at Six Flags.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
That's not a bad idea. I'm 15 and I go to Six Flags in the summer all the time anyway, so I might as well take up a job there.

As for work, the only thing I've ever done is do work for my mom, and she pays me for it too. :)

[color=darkblue]my first job was the k-mart customer service desk. returns, 4 phone lines, complaining customers, rainchecks, cash register, collecting money bags, making change, sorting god knows what--oh, the humanity. good thing i'm a multi-tasker.

all this for a measley $6 an hour. if not for the :smoke: (& i don't mean cigs) breaks, i would have gone insane. [/color]

I got a job through a friend of mine.

It was at a resturant named sals.

I was a bus boy. I cleaned tables and washed dishes as well as set the tables up again.

It was a hellish job, but I made tips and an hourly.

The only thing I would change about what I did was the time I spent there. I worked there for 15 months and never thought that there was a better job for me somewhere.

My advice for anyone looking for a job is simple, dont take a bad job, and if you learn that your current one is a bad job... start looking for a new one.

*stares at his pile of work applications*

I don't really have a job yet, but I have a nice large stack of filled applications for various places; selling mobile phones, grocery stores, various stores at the mall. So far, the only application I've actually turned in is at this one video store, and they haven't returned my calls. I'm moving onto the mall applications later this week.

Oh yea, I recently got a job at my local paintball field. It's really cool. Free food, lots of fun, and I'm somewhere that I like. I reff some of the games and work a little at the counter. I get to play for free on any day I'm not working and for one day of work I get two bags of paint. The value is a little over 40 I think and If I don't want to use it then I sell it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Matt [/i]
[B][color=red][b]First job I had was at Burger King. I worked there for 2 weeks. SaiyanPrincessX is smart when she says she will never work at a fast food place. It sucked more than anything I have ever done.[/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]Well I don't know why you hated it so much. I have a current job at Hungry Jack's (same businness, owned by Burger King ;)), and I've been working there ever since I was 13 for a year now, and I love it. I've met more than twice as much friends as what I used to have, I'm out of the house more often too. Great job for me.

Guest cloricus
I don't want a job at any fast food places, and my mother wont let me. Though she will let me get a job that will help me in my future. Eg any thing to do with computers.
She has a thing about me and my sis working at our age, which I have no problem with.

I wouldn't mind a job at EB but I don't want to end up as "that" much of a geek... Damn those guys are sad.
I'll probably go down to one of the tech stores and see if I can get anything, or even just create my own work. I can build pc systems and do a reasonable amount of web design and just general stuff.

...Any one need a new computer?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by cloricus [/i]
[B]
I wouldn't mind a job at EB but I don't want to end up as "that" much of a geek... Damn those guys are sad.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Hey! You're dissing my future Saturday job prospects!

lol

But I agree with you. Avoid fast food places like the plague.

oO;

actually, if the choice came up, accept the lesser of the two evils and sign up for all those government funding prospects that come with being a plague victim...