OtakuBoards

The Yu-Gi-Oh CARD Advice Thread

Shy

Sup, I'm new at playing YuGiOh so im not sure of the rules. I have a question. Say a summoned skull destorys a Dark Necrofear. At the end of the turn, i would take control of the summoned skull if that was the only other monster on my opponents field. Then he some how summons a Blue eyes, and destroys the summoned skull equiped with dark necrofear. Would i get to take control of another monster, concidering dark necrofear's effect is when this card is destroyed in battle or by an opponent's card effect. And the same if he uses space typhoon on it. Doesn't that still count as a card effect?

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, once Dark Necrofear is destroyed as an Equip Magic Card it is destroyed for good, and doesn't go on to control another monster. If it was destroyed by Mystical Space Typhoon then you would also lose the equipped monster, but it wouldn't be destroyed- just handed back to the other player. But you can choose which monster to equp DN to if your opponent has more than one on the field.

Welcome to the boards, by the way ^_^ Be sure to read the rules and have fun.

I've been thinking about this for the longest time but when will Penguin Soldiers effect activate?

Also lets say you have a Summoned Skull and your opponent has a Red Eyes Black Dragon. Can you use change of heart to bring him to your side and use him as a fusion material monster?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Masterdramon [/i]
[B]
I have a question - you know how on the cards they have abbreviations to tell you what set they are from? Well, what do these ones on some Japanese cards mean?

P5
KA
PS
MR
CA
MA
TB
LN [/B][/QUOTE]
P5 - Don't Know
KA - Kaiba Structure Deck
PS - Pharoh's Servent
MR - Don't Know
CA - Don't Know
MA - Mythological Age
TB - Don't Know
Ln - Labyrinth of Nightmare

Also, Des Guardius is a real card. It's a Duel Monsters V strategy guide promo.

G5-B2
MASKED BEAST DEATH GUARDIUS
Dark/Demon/8/3300/2500
Effect: This Monster can only be Special Summoned, and only if you sacrifice 2 Monsters, 1 of them being a [Masked Magician Cursed Gyura] or [Melkid Four-Masked Beast]. When this card is placed in the Cemetery from the Field, you may equip 1 [Willed Mask] from your deck on 1 Monster on the Field. Shuffle your deck afterward.

This is the card that gives Des Guardius the control effect:

G5-B1
BEQUEATHED MASK
Normal Magic
Effect: Shuffle this card into your deck. Or, if the [Masked Beast Death Guardius]'s effect has been used, this card becomes an Equipment card. Gain control of the Monster this card is equipped on.

Crimson:
1st Question: After you flip it over. If it's attacked and flipped face-up, activate it's effect after the damage step.

2nd Question: Yes

It may be a little late but here it is.

P5- Premium Pack 5

KA- Structure Deck Kaiba

PS-Pharoh's Servent

MR- Magic Ruler. Sorry domon but this is Magic Ruler, Metal Raider's is ME

CA- Curse of Anubis

MA-Mythological Age

TB-Thousand Eyes Bible

LN- Labyrinth of Nightmare

Dark Ruler Ha Des is in the booster set called "Legacy of Darkness" And to answer your question Dark Enternity, I doubt Ha Des (Hades in Japanse) will be restricted. No Injection Fairy Lily will be I'm guessing. And definetly Last Turn. There are a few others I'm guessing will be restricted or limited.

I just got a monster from a Legacy of Darkness pack called Yamata Dragon.

Yamata Dragon:
Main Type: Fire
Level: 7
Sub-Type: Dragon/Spirit
ATK: 2600
DEF: 3100
This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card returns to the owner's hand during the End Phase ot the turn that this card is Normal Summoned, Flip Summoned, or flipped face-up. When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, draw cards from your Deck until you have 5 cards in your hand.

If my opponent attacks Yamata Dragon with an attack lower than YD's ATK (if YD is in ATK position) or DEF (if YD is in DEF position) and damage is done to their life points, would I still get Yamata Dragon's effect?

Say Yamata Dragon is in DEF mode and my opponent attacks it with a Blue-Eyes White Dragon (3000 ATK). Since YD has a higher DEF than BEWD's ATK, damage is done to my opponent's life points.

I think that I would still get its effect because I believe it's the same as with Masked Sorcerer, but I'm not sure.

Also, I have a question about Thunder Nyan Nyan.

Thunder Nyan Nyan:
Main Type: Light
Level: 4
Sub-Type: Thunder/Effect
ATK: 1900
DEF: 800
If there is a non-LIGHT monster on your side of the field, this face-up card is immediately destroyed.

Does it mean face-up non-Light monsters?

Say I have a Man-Eater Bug (Earth type) face-down on the field. Would Thunder Nyan Nyan still be destroyed?

Yamata Dragon: Yes, it works the way you think it will. However, I wouldn't ever play it in defense mode anyway.

Thunder Nyan Nyan: Face-down cards would not affect it until they're flipped face up. *However*, even if the monster is destroyed as soon as it's flipped, Thunder Nyan Nyan is destroyed. If the monster is destropyed without being flipped, TNN survives.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Angel [/i]
[B]
Also, Des Guardius is a real card. It's a Duel Monsters V strategy guide promo.

G5-B2
MASKED BEAST DEATH GUARDIUS
Dark/Demon/8/3300/2500
Effect: This Monster can only be Special Summoned, and only if you sacrifice 2 Monsters, 1 of them being a [Masked Magician Cursed Gyura] or [Melkid Four-Masked Beast]. When this card is placed in the Cemetery from the Field, you may equip 1 [Willed Mask] from your deck on 1 Monster on the Field. Shuffle your deck afterward.

This is the card that gives Des Guardius the control effect:

G5-B1
BEQUEATHED MASK
Normal Magic
Effect: Shuffle this card into your deck. Or, if the [Masked Beast Death Guardius]'s effect has been used, this card becomes an Equipment card. Gain control of the Monster this card is equipped on.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks Angel, but I have a few more question about Des Guardius:
What seris is it coming out in?
How much does it cost?

Thanks

Well DarkenShadow, I would think that it does come back to your hand because on the card, for instance Yata Garasu says "This card returns to the owener's hand during the end phase of the turn that it is normal summoned, flipped summoned, or flipped face up" It does not say that it cannot be retrieved when it is sent to the graveyard. Well that's my opinion, hope this will help.

Guest Altron Gundam
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Exodus [/i]
[B]Thanks Angel, but I have a few more question about Des Guardius:
What seris is it coming out in?
How much does it cost?

Thanks [/B][/QUOTE]

It was a promo that came out with Duel Monsters V the video game in JP. I have two but I only got one from the game and one I bought off cardhaus. Eng won't be seeing that card anytime soon unless UD comes up with something a little innovative to release promos.

As for darkenshadow, the official ruling is that if it is on the field DURING the end phase of the turn it was normal/reverse(can't be special summoned) it returns to hand. If sent to the gy OR removed from play it does not.