OtakuBoards

The Yu-Gi-Oh CARD Advice Thread

Shy

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$20 is a lot for one card, if you think about how much it cost UD to make them and everything. Hyper said it was a rare promo, so that (the promotional aspect) may be what you're paying for rather than it's rareity value.

I wouldn't spend that much on one card. That's the same amount you have to pay for a US SORL, Thousand Dragon or Monster Reborn. It just kind of defeats the object of it being a collectable card game to me. Although I have been tempted, buying cards is useful. But $20? And it's Japanese. I wouldn't personally buy anything that I wouldn't be able to use. But what you do is up to you.

You should see what some people do to get Mechies. ^_^

$20 is rather cheap for Dunamis Valkyria. (The English name is EVIL >.<) I've seen it go much higher. But in order to get one you had to fill out a form when you pre-ordered the game it came with. (Which one was that?)

You got lucky.:)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WuFei Chang [/i]
[B]I paid £25 for the three tributes for the gate guardian. [/B][/QUOTE]

[b]I say the Gate Guardian is worthless like Exodia.You're going to spend the whole duel trying to get out the Exodia/Gate Guardian monsters out and before you know it you lost.

Also Gate Guardian takes [SIZE=10]8[/SIZE] tributes to play.2 for Suijin,Kazejin and Sanga and + the GG also take's 2 tributes.[/b]

my friends got together made up a little tourney rite so then my friend had 3900 lifepoints left and i played senju of thousand hands to get my relinquiah from my deck and i already had a black illusion ritual card in my hand and i (ritual summoned it) does teh ritual summon count as a normal summon and can i have more than one? I wanted to know because my friend kept arguing against me so i just wantd to now adn o ya i woin teh duel on my next turn with relinquished

[SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]Okay, firstly, please check existing threads to see whether what you have to say can be put in there first. Any questions about cards should go in here (which I've moved it to).

Secondly, you really need to work on your post quality. Having no punctuation makes it really hard to read.

And a Ritual Summon counts as a Special Summon. You can't have more than one Ritual per turn. -Solo[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Okay, So, i need some help. I was wondering if someone could explain to me in an easy to undestand, idiot lway of thinking?

Currently I have both the Yugi and Kiaba starter decks, But i cannot understand the instructions on how to play the game.

i need someone to explain to me EVERYTHING about the game in, As a said before, An easy way to understand. Please help this idiot standing in the sea of Dumbassness.....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zero-Sama [/i]
[B]Okay, So, i need some help. I was wondering if someone could explain to me in an easy to undestand, idiot lway of thinking?

Currently I have both the Yugi and Kiaba starter decks, But i cannot understand the instructions on how to play the game.

i need someone to explain to me EVERYTHING about the game in, As a said before, An easy way to understand. Please help this idiot standing in the sea of Dumbassness..... [/B][/QUOTE]
[b]OK, gonna take a while for this post.Probably my longest.

Ok, lets see.

Q.How do you destroy a monster and inflict damage
A.I'll give an example.
If your opponent has a La Jinn(1800/1000) on the field and attacks a Neo the Magic Swordsman(1700/1000)in attack mode on your field.Neo is destroyed and 100 Life Points are inflicted since the difference between 1800 and 1700 is 100.But if you have Neo in defense mode, he is still destroyed but no life points are inflicted.

Q.Magic,Traps....?
A.Magic and Trap cards are a special way of adding attack and/or defense points to your monsters, or being able to destroy monsters or other magic and traps.
Cards like Dark Hole and Raigeki are used to destroy monsters on the field.
Trap cards are played face down and can be flipped up at certain times.Such as Trap Hole can be used as an opponent is attacking.
Magic cards are usally based for raising your monsters stats.Such as "Sword of Dark Destruction".If you play on a Dark Magician it's attack goes up to 2900, but it's defense falls to 1900.Some Magic are used to revive monsters or control them.Moster Reborn is used as a revival card.Change of Heart is used to take an opponents moster for a turn.

Q.What are "Staple Cards"?
A.Staple Cards are cards that are HIGHLY reccomended to have in decks.Change of Heart,Raigeki,Pot of Greed are just some Staples that would make a deck better.

Q.What about "Restricted Cards"?
A.Restricted cards are one were you can only have 1 or 2 copies of.Exodia,Moster Reborn,and Dark Hole are only a couple,There are MANY more.

Q.I need more info?
A.Check [URL=http://www.theotaku.com/yugioh/]theOtaku's page[/URL] or go to the official website at [URL=www.yugioh-card.com]Yu-Gi-Oh-Card.com[/URL]

There you go...Hope you have fun with the bestest card game EVER! ^^[/b]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mztik_Gohan10 [/i]
[B]Such as Trap Hole can be used as an opponent is attacking.[/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, Trap Hole is used when a monster is summoned.
That's the only time its effect comes into play.

I bought this thing that had two packs of Pharoh's Servent and two individual cards. One of the individual cards is in Japanese. (but it's set up like an English card) Can someone tell me what it is. (name, sub-type, effect). All I can tell is that it's level 5, dark, it has an effect, and it has 2000 ATK and 1500 DEF.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Devlin [/i]
[B]I bought this thing that had two packs of Pharoh's Servent and two individual cards. One of the individual cards is in Japanese. (but it's set up like an English card) Can someone tell me what it is. (name, sub-type, effect). All I can tell is that it's level 5, dark, it has an effect, and it has 2000 ATK and 1500 DEF. [/B][/QUOTE]

[b]I presume that that is Dragon Head Y.

It's part of the XYZ Dragon combo[spoiler] Seto uses latter in the series[/spoiler].[/b]

I just went to a card shop site and found out that it is from the same set as Dragon Head Y, but I don't think that that's it. It's set number is 302-009.

----------------------
EDIT: I just went to a site and found out what it is.

Name: Knight Dragon
Type: Effect Monster - Union
Dark/Dragon/5/2000/1500
Effect: Once per turn during your Main Phase, you may change this
card to an Equipment card, and Equip it on 1 of your [Dark World
Warrior Dark Sword], or remove it from being an Equipment card,
and place it in face-up attack mode. While this card is an
Equipment card, increase the Equipped Monster's attack and
defense strengths by 900. You may sacrifice this card while it
is an Equipment card to allow the Equipped Monster to attack your
opponent directly for this turn. (A Monster can only have one
Union Equipment card Equipped on it. If the Equipped Monster
would be destroyed by Battle, destroy this card instead.)

If your opponent has no monsters on the field, can you play 3 Ground Collapses? It says it takes up 2 monster spaces on your opponent's side of the field, but after using 2 Ground Collapses, they only have 1 space left, so I was wondering if you could play a third.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Devlin [/i]
[B]If your opponent has no monsters on the field, can you play 3 Ground Collapses? It says it takes up 2 monster spaces on your opponent's side of the field, but after using 2 Ground Collapses, they only have 1 space left, so I was wondering if you could play a third. [/B][/QUOTE]

You CAN play three ground collapse, but you have to lose a space.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Circéus [/i]
[B]You CAN play three ground collapse, but you have to lose a space. [/B][/QUOTE]
I would have to disagree because the card explicitly states 2 spaces and opponents field, but anyway if they have 1 space for monsters left they have pretty much lost so is there much point.