OtakuBoards

The Yu-Gi-Oh CARD Advice Thread

Shy

[color=darkblue]
On the first turn, if you go first, you can't attack. If you go second, and they laid down a monster, you can attack. I don't think you can attack if they have nothing on the field.

That's why I like to go second in duels, so that I can make sure I'm able to attack, unlike them.
[/color]

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Ok this topic is pretty old now but hopefully people are still coming here so here goes...

I'm a newbie at the card game so I only have the Kaiba Starter Deck for now and 2 of my friends are really interested in Lord of D and The Flute of Summoning Dragon. One of them is offering Ookazi, Invigoration, La Jinn, Girochin Kuwagata, Battle Ox, and a Blue Eyes for my Lord of D, the flute, and fissure. The other kid is offering 3 Dark Magicians for my Lord of D, flute, la jinn, Hane-hane, and remove trap.

I want to build up a deck with 3 blue eyes and I could get closer to my goal with one of these trades but at the same time, I wouldn't mind having 3 Dark Magicians. So I'm wondering which deal is better than the other or are they both ripping me off? Thx for the help.

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Devlin [/i]
[B]I need advice. I have a Sword Hunter (Earth/Warrior/Effect, 2450/1700, any monster it destroys becomes and equip card, raising its ATK by 200), which fits perfectly into my Warrior/Fiend/Spellcaster deck, but my friend really wants it. He's offered me some good cards, but he can't trade more than 1 card for 1 card. I really don't want to get rid of Sword Hunter, and I don't think I'll be able to find another one, but he has some cards that I want.

Here are some of the cards that I want (if it has a * next to it, he has offered it to me): Blue-Eyes White Dragon (I sure he's not going to trade me that), Skull Knight*, Shadow Ghoul, Malevolent Nuzzler*, Sword of the Deep Seated*, Crab Turtle (x2)*, and Seiaryu (x3)*.

Should I trade him? If so, which card should I trade for? [/B][/QUOTE]

Personally, I wouldn't trade it until you find another one. I might just have incredible luck, but I got one in my 2nd PSV pack. :) So they might be easier to find than you think.

Actually, I already got another one, and traded it. When I got it I was mad because a few days before then my friend told me he had ordered one off the internet, so he wouldn't have to trade me. But then the next day he told me that he had already sold it. I got a Magical Labyrinth (which I needed to summon Wall Shadow) and Messenger of Peace.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by VP-Master [/i]
[B]Ok this topic is pretty old now but hopefully people are still coming here so here goes...

I'm a newbie at the card game so I only have the Kaiba Starter Deck for now and 2 of my friends are really interested in Lord of D and The Flute of Summoning Dragon. One of them is offering Ookazi, Invigoration, La Jinn, Girochin Kuwagata, Battle Ox, and a Blue Eyes for my Lord of D, the flute, and fissure. The other kid is offering 3 Dark Magicians for my Lord of D, flute, la jinn, Hane-hane, and remove trap.

I want to build up a deck with 3 blue eyes and I could get closer to my goal with one of these trades but at the same time, I wouldn't mind having 3 Dark Magicians. So I'm wondering which deal is better than the other or are they both ripping me off? Thx for the help. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]
It all comes down to what theme you want. If you want a Dragon deck, Dark deck, Light deck, Warrior/Earth deck, it all comes down to what you want for a theme (theme is very important).

I would personally hold on to it if you're thinking about a Dragon deck, because it's very usefull. If you don't really want a Dragon deck, but really want that Blue Eyes, then go for it.
[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
Well, VP-M, there's not much i can say but.. 3 DMs is useless.. 3 summoned skulls is a better idea.

souds like youre pursuing a dragon deck. dont do the latter trade, and you can get most of the cards except girochin kuwaata in another kaiba deck, in which you would fget all those cards too. I'd ask for cards you can only get in boosters and limited edition etc.

I have a question about Regulation of the Tribe. Its effect says that you have to tribute one monster from the field during each of your standby phases in order to keep it in play, but it doesn't say which side of the field. Does that mean that you can tribute your opponent's monsters? Also, when you select what type can't attack, does it mean types like Dark, Light, Fire, Water, Earth, and Wind or types like Warrior, Fiend, etc.?

You can only tribute monster that you control, so yes, the monster has to be on your side of the field.

As for your second question, the first "type" you are talking about is actually called the "Attribute" in English, so it's Dragon, Plants, Fiends and not Dark or Light.

Confusion comes from the fact that in Japanese, the "attribute" is called the "type", and English "types" are "sub-types".

If you have Relinquished, Thousand Eyes Idol and Ploymerization in your hand, do you have to summon Relinquished before you can Polymerize and summon Thousand Eyes Restrict?

Seeing as, at least for now, Thousand Eyes Restrict is the only fusion monster with a component that's a ritual monster, he's the only monster my question applies to. He's also the main monster in a deck I'm building, so, ya' see, I need to know to finish planning.

According to edo's, the ruling that ou can fuse monsters from your hand still apply, so you don't actually have to ritual summon relinquished first.

My turn. I've truely argued hard with a frind of miones about that one:

Can you actually use Trap Hole against a monster tribute summoned in face-down DEF mode?

That is what I keep telling her... But at least, I have a confirmation.

She is weird... She says that you ctivate it "when you are sure a big mons is coming" butthe thing is, YOU KNOW WHAT IS COMING when you activate Trap Hole because you can see the mons .lol

Okay i don't know if this has been posted already and i know it sounds stupid but i'm so fed up with reading the DAMN RULE BOOK and not finding out what they mean because they are so vauge, anyways on with the question. If you have all of the Exoidal peices in your hand do you instantly win all three of your duels or do you just win that one? I'm asking this because if i get a full Exodia set then i was going to build a deck revolving around it and i was wondering if it was if i play all five peices on the feild or if all the peices were in my hand. Thats my question.

Although this isn't in the rulebook (well, I don't think it is), but if you draw all of the pieces of Exodia on your first draw you win the entire match.

Your playing duel #1.
You draw your five cards.
They happen to be *gasp* the 5 Pieces of Exodia.
You win all three of the duels.

Thats just what I've heard.
Not sure if its official or not.

Giant Germ only summons other Giant Germs.

A guy on the Yu-Gi-Oh dungeon was talking about someone who tried to use Giant Germ to summon three BEWDs... heheheh, idiot.

I have a question. Is Crab Turtle a good ritual monster? It seems pricey since you need 8 star levels to tribute on top of getting the monster card and the ritual card in your hand, but dang 2550 beats Summon Skull, and a BEWD if you have Dragon Capture Jar. Almost makes me want to make a water deck.

Lets compare to it to another 8-star Ritual monster, soon to be released in February.

Crab Turtle
8 Stars ********
2550 ATK/ 2500 DEF.
Aqua - WATER

Masked Hellraiser
8 Stars ********
3200 ATK/ 1800 DEF
Warrior - DARK

Look at the facts, Crab Turtle isn't great.
Its two weak for 8 stars, and there aren't many decks or support cards for it.
If anyone is using Summoned Skull, it will be most likely be in a beatdown, so you can expect the SS to have an atack over 2500.
No tournament duelist should have a dragon capture in their deck. The chances of a BEWD in DEF mode won't be likely.

But you can't really compare cards when one of them hasn't been released yet, and is likely to be a super rare or something to compensate for its power. I like the card game, but I'm not gonna spend fifty bucks on ebay for a trading card, so CT is probably about as good as my deck is gonna get. Besides, why couldn't you make a deck to support it? There are enough good aqua/fish/water cards out there to make a viable theme deck, methinks. Besides, I see CT as sort of like a Blue Eyes, you don't count on it for the win, since the chances of getting it out are slim. It's an "if you get the chancem, then great" card, and if you're lucky having that kind of power in your deck can really help you out.

And why on earth wouldn't someone use a DCJ? Some of the best monsters in the game are dragons, it only makes sense to be able to counter that.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Yami no Magnus [/i]
[B]Giant Germ only summons other Giant Germs.

A guy on the Yu-Gi-Oh dungeon was talking about someone who tried to use Giant Germ to summon three BEWDs... heheheh, idiot.[/B][/QUOTE]
Well its decription is pretty vague. It says cards of the same name. It should say other Giant Germs instead. That would make it easier to understand. Thanks, though.