OtakuBoards

The Yu-Gi-Oh CARD Advice Thread

Shy

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here. I have my Valkyrion with me.

This card can only be Special Summoned by offering Alpha The magnet warrior, Beta the magnet warrior, and Gamma the magnet warrior from your hand or the field as a Tribute. If "Alpha the Magnet Warrior", "Beta the Magnet Warrior", and "Gamma the Magnet Warrior" are in your graveyard you can offer this card as a Tribute to Special Summon these 3 cards to the field.

That's his full effect.

Hey, bit of a question here: other than Harpie's Feather Duster, are any of the Magic Cards released since Pharoah's Servent "Staple" cards? I've been out of the loop since I lost my weekend job and have'nt even had a chance to pick up the new starter decks, much less boosters. What've I missed, Staple-wise?

Well, Bazoo became very close to a staple, as far as powerhouses go. Skull Lair and Torrential Tributes are close to staples too, but both Skull Lair and Bazoo will vanish as soon as Fiber Jar is released.

Too true Circeus. Too true. Fiber Pod is just plain evil, as is Tyrant Dragon. I can't wait for LOD to come out. I'm gonna try to buy an entire box of it hopefully just so I can get some really good cards.

I've been interested in Yu-gi-Oh for a while now. I've mainly just watched the anime but lately I've wanted to learn to play the game. What rules do I need to learn and how would I go about choosing a deck and getting a good deck started. ? I've already got a couple good cards (e. Blue Eyes White Dragon, Fiend Megacyber, Wall Shadow, Thousand Eyes Restrict). What could I do with these that I've already got.

There's a whole helluva lotta rules you got to learn.

As for making a deck, you need to decide what you want it to be based on (ie. Element(Dark, Light, Fire, Water, Earth, Wind. I think that's all of them), type (There's a WHOLE lot, so I'm not gonna post them all.)

It's a pretty easy game to learn. The rules are a litte different than in the anime though...

Example: My deck is mostly dragons. Here are some of my cards:

BEWD
REBD
Thousand Dragon
Komouri Dragon
Curse of Dragon
One-Eyed Shield Dragon
Ryu-Ran
there is more I just don't fell like typing them all...

If you want a better deatailed description, PM me or E-mail me....or get someone else...

Okay, I've got two questions:

*If I have Toon World or Premature Burial on the field, what would happen if I activated Imperial Order?

*There's a Pharoah's Servant card called "Gradius"; it's a space ship deely. I know I've seen that ship before somewhere outside of Yu-Gi-Oh, but I can't remember where. Does anyone know where it comes from?

Gradius was an arcade game made some time ago, starring a little spaceship that would shoot aliens. Well, I think so.

Toon World would remain on the field- t itself doesn't have an effect as such, as the only thing printed on the card is that it needs 1000 Life Points to be activated. The monsters can only be summoned if Toon World is still on the field, and Imperial Order doesn't destroy magic cards, it just negates their effects. So you could still play toons because of their own effects, not due to Toon World's, which doesn't say that 'You can only play Toons while this card is on the field'. At least, that's how I'd interpret it.

Okay a question. Its about the ever so controversial card Scapegoat. Can it be used as tributes for monsters such as Cannon Soldier, Unfriendly Amazon, Amazon Archer etc.??? Cause there is this total idiot at the place where I particpate in League at that says you can't. And he needs to be educated.

Okay, I found my Scapegoat card. And it says. These tokens may not be used as Tributes for Tribute Summonings. Not a thing about Tributing the things for monsters like Cannon Solider. Urg! I'm soooo gonna chew this guys butt out next Saturday.

Ok, I've got two questions:

1. Des Guardius???? This guys shows up for like two episodes and he looks awsome but I can't find a trace of a card of him. Does anyone know about Des Guardius?

2. Besides Buster Blader, Dragon Seeker, and Dragon Capture Jar, are there any card out there that do some big damage or good effect to Dragon-Types?

Answers would help alot! Thanks!

One quick question if there are 2 monsters on the field and one of them is equiped(axe of despair) and has a higher atk than the other monster on the same side of the field but the monster equiped had a lower original atk and the opponent plays fissure which monster would be destroyed. In my opinion i think teh lower atk monster even with the equiped but i need some proof please.

Okay to answer your question Darkenshadow. Okay if you have two monsters. Say one is equipped with an Axe of Despair and another is equipped with oh say with Sword-of-Deep Seated. Then it would depend on how high up their base attack went. Lets say you have the following monsters out.

Summoned Skull
La Jinn.

YOu equip Summoned Skull wth the Axe and La Jinn with the Sword. THen La Jinn would be destroyed because it only goes up by 500 still holding his attack below Summoned Skull's.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Exodus [/i]
[B]Ok, I've got two questions:

1. Des Guardius???? This guys shows up for like two episodes and he looks awsome but I can't find a trace of a card of him. Does anyone know about Des Guardius?

2. Besides Buster Blader, Dragon Seeker, and Dragon Capture Jar, are there any card out there that do some big damage or good effect to Dragon-Types? [/B][/QUOTE]

I can't find eny info on Des Guardius anywhere. I remember him being mentioned in the series, but I can't remember what he looks like. Sorry about that. It doesn't look like it's been made into a card yet, whetever he is.

I don't think there are any more cards that target dragons specifically- what you'd want are cards that can beef up those monsters, like Fusion Sword Murasame Blade for Buster Blader, and various other monster removal cards (Tribute to the Doomed, Raigeki etc).

ok, thanks Solo Tremaine.

[quote][b]
I can't find eny info on Des Guardius anywhere. I remember him being mentioned in the series, but I can't remember what he looks like.
[/quote][/b]

Des Guardius was in the episodes where Yugi and Kaiba dueled together againts the Rare Hunters Lumis and Umbra on top of the building. Lumis summond Des Guardius and then Yugi summonded Valkyrion and Valkyrion destroyed it but Des Guardius left behind three mask (his special abilitie) and Lumis then controled Valkyrion.
Des Guardius had three head with bule-ish mask and had a human type form.

Oh yes, I know which one you mean now. I don't think it's been made into a card yet. There are a few in the Battle City/Blimp arc which we've not seen before (as of English releases thus far) along with the Living Arrow from DK, which still doesn't exist in the CCG yet, like [spoiler]Embodiement of Apophis which Odeon plays in his duel against Joey, and the various magic cards he uses to bring out a strange egyptian scorpion thing[/spoiler]

I don't understand the effect of the monster card "The Hunter with Seven Weapons".

It reads: When this card is normal summoned, declare one type of monster. When battling that Type of monster, increase the attack of this card by 1000 points during the Damage calculations". (Original Atk: 1000)

So...what happens? I declair Spellcaster, and my opponent comes at me with Gemeni Elf. Do I loose the card but my opponent gets damaged? Does the card power up to 2000 and wipe out the Elf? What's going on?