Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
In an attempt to get this forum going, I'm bringing the Mario Quiz alive! Well, if you've seen the other Quiz threads in the Zelda and Final Fantasy forums, you know how this works. I ask questin if you get it right, you ask a qustion. Well, let us get this thing started, shall we?


Question:
In Super Mario Bros. (NES), how do you get to be small and shoot a fireball?

Or, if that one is too hard, Name Mario's only brother.
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
Is it possible for Mario to shoot fireballs when he's small? Hmmmm, but I do know the answer to the other question, it is none other than Luigi! ;)

All right, my question is, in Super Mario Bros. 2 who have the ability to jump high?
Posted
Princess Toadstool, aka, Peach.

Yes, if you follow a shroom all the way to the next shroom in the level, and then you eat both of them, you'll grow, then shrink. BUT, you'll be able to shoot a fireball when you're little. You'll grow for a second, shoot the fireball, then go back to your little self.

In Super Mario Bros. 2, in what world(s) must you fight Birdo?
Posted
[color=indigo]Actually, Luigi jumps the highest in SMB2. Princess Toadstool has the ability to float for a couple seconds.

But, um, can we try to keep it to only one question at a time? Otherwise it can get really confusing, about whose turn it is to ask, and stuff.

Bleh...there are so many different worlds that you fight Birdo on... I have no idea about how many, or which ones, except for the first world.[/color]
  • 5 months later...
Posted
I think I'll bring this thread back to life since it never really got a chance to take off.

Here's the question: Who played Mario in the live action scenes on The Super Mario Bros. Super Show? Bonus if you can also name who played Luigi.
Guest Ooder
Posted
[color=green]he put presto pigs on the super sushi i beleive...not sure though :huh: let me know if its right please.


If thats right... what is mario's last name?
[/color]
Posted
Hey, they're called The Super Mario Bros.; it just might be their last name. With that said, I don't think that it's an official Nintendo thing. Miyamoto has always been reluctant to add backstories to his characters (which is why he never referred to Mario as a plumber for a long time) because he wants to player to create their own story for the characters.
Posted
Well, somewhere in this thread [i]someone[/i] should have asked another question. So I'll pick up where they left off.

[b]Question:[/b] In Super Mario World [i]how[/i] do you play a castle a second time.
Posted
To play a castle for a second time, you press the L and R buttons when you are at the level entrance.

Question: Name the number of games and the games that the Koopalings have appeared in.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Chou Long Kai [/i]
[B]Hello you idiots,just ignore my damn post...
*Will edit his post later with answer to mirai's question* [/B][/QUOTE]

[i]Idiots?[/i]

Hardly, you seem to have misssed the spiegal's post. He answered your question and asked a new one. I suggest you look into things before throwing meaningless insults at others.
Posted
Ha, I got so defensive I forgot to answer mirai_torankusu's question.

[b]Answer:[/b] I'm pretty sure that the Koopalings (Koopa kids) only appeared in Super Mario World for the SNES and Super Mario Advanced 2 (a remake of SMW) for the GBA.

[b]Question:[/b] Name 2 suits from SMB3.
Guest Ooder
Posted
[color=green]
[B]Answer[/B] - Tanuki and Frog
[B]Question[/B] - How many birdos appear in the SMB2 portion of the game?(from super mario advance)[/color]
Posted
[color=indigo]The Koopalings also appear in Super Mario Bros. 3, and soon to be the GBA remake of it also.

[b]Question:[/b] What is the third suit in Super Mario Bros. 3? (Yes, there is another, in addition to the Frog and Tanooki Suits).[/color]
Posted
[color=darkblue]
[quote]
Question: What is the third suit in Super Mario Bros. 3? (Yes, there is another, in addition to the Frog and Tanooki Suits).
[/quote]

Err, i kno this 1. Juss fergot the name of it x_x. Its the one where it allows you to throws hammers...
[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shippo [/i]
[B][color=darkblue]Err, i kno this 1. Juss fergot the name of it x_x. Its the one where it allows you to throws hammers...
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Heh, good enough. It's the Hammer Bros. Suit, and it also gives you protection from certain things when you crouch. (Because of the armor plate/shell things on your back and head).

Go ahead and ask a question. :)[/color]
Posted
[color=darkblue]
Hmm, i cant think of anything else, so ill put an easy one...

[i][b]Question:[/b][/i] How many different colored Yoshi's are there in Super Mario World?(name them)
[/color]
Posted
There are four: Red, Green, Yellow, and Blue.

Also, in relation to my question, the Koopalings are also in Yoshi's Safari, which was a game released on the SNES which used the Nintendo Super Scope.

Question: What are the Koopalings names in The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World cartoons (match up Koopaling with their name on the shows)?
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I might be wrong, but i think mario and a few of the koopalings appeared in that virtual boy game, mario 3d. I must be the only dude who has one. :(

Iggy, Princess, Ivan, and the other ones... Too damn many.
Posted
Well, if nobody can answer the question, then I guess it's time to move onto a new one.

The answer was:

Larry = Cheatsy
Lemmy = Hip
Iggy = Hop
Wendy = Cootie Pie
Morton Jr. = Big Mouth
Roy = Bully
Ludwig Von = Kooky

Personally, they would've been better off with the old names.

New (easy) Question: Which Mario games have been offered as pack-in games with Nintendo systems?
Posted
NES Pack ins = SMB, SMB2 & SMB3
GB = No pack ins
VB = Mario 3d (I think that was the name)
SNES Pack ins = Mario RPG, Mario Kart
GBC = No pack ins
N64 Pack ins = L7S (And I think) Super Mario Kart 64
GC Packins = Sunshine and (If applicable as mario game) Luigi's Mansion

I'm pretty sure that thats all the possible pack ins from the 7 years of NES, 12 years of GB, .00000000000001 years of VB 5 years of SNES and three years of N64. They mighta thrown in a new one with the gamecube since I last saw. :(

Oh, yeah a Q. How many floors (As you slide down the flagpole) did the original Lvl. 4 castle have in SMB 1 (From the outside)?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by roymund [/i]
[B]Oh, yeah a Q. How many floors (As you slide down the flagpole) did the original Lvl. 4 castle have in SMB 1 (From the outside)? [/B][/QUOTE]

I have to go out on a limb and say...[b]four[/b]?

[b]Question:[/b] In the title "Super Mario Bros. Deluxe" (for the GBC), what special "addition" do you receive after completing the main game on all its difficulties?

BONUS: Name the other "sub-addition" dealing with racing in SMB. DX...

;)
Posted
I have the game, but I havn't played it in like almost 2 years. I'm not sure if I'm right, but doesn't Luigi's head appear in the main menu, and when you play that game, isn't it Super Mario Bros.: The Lost levels? I'm not sure, so I'll wait until it's confirmed before I ask my question.
Posted
Question: In the title "Super Mario Bros. Deluxe" (for the GBC), what special "addition" do you receive after completing the main game on all its difficulties?

BONUS: Name the other "sub-addition" dealing with racing in SMB. DX...

For the first question, I'm gonna guess and say that it was the "toy box", which had a whole host of interactive features, and the yoshi egg finder for the challenge mode.
The BONUS answer would be multiplayer mode (which you could play on your own against a boo.

Question: How many Mario Universe games are there and how many can you list? (This includes games lke Mario is Missing and Luigi's Mansion)
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...