OtakuBoards

Two-faced posers

nezzyjean

Any of ya'll have two-faced friends, or friends that are plain old posers?? Like, they'll say that some person is annoying, and then when that person is around...boom they are like that person's best friend. Or they'll be a poser, and pretend to like things just because you like them, like I have a friend who pretends to like the same stuff as me, and then she really doesn't like it...and you can tell...trust me!! I am not mad at my friend or anything...its just that I am worried that they rn't being themselves and are trying to impress me by trying to share intrests with me. I have tried to tell them...but they just don't get it. Anyon egot ideas on how to show them that I like them for who they are??

[color=crimson]It was funny. On the way back from a car show downtown, every group of people I passed by I yelled out "POSERS!" The groups of people ranged from buisness men, to punkers, to some old ladies sitting at a bus stop. Random, but fun, hm.

Real posers in general dont piss me off, they are makeing themselves look stupid. Might as well laugh at them. lol.

Now, two faced people. I hate them. I have had a few really good times where I cussed someone the **** out because of backstabbing others, or pretending to be someones friend for their own gain.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by keyblade [/i]
[B]Or they'll be a poser, and pretend to like things just because you like them, like I have a friend who pretends to like the same stuff as me, and then she really doesn't like it... [/B][/QUOTE]

You ***. It seems very clear to me your friend is doing this FOR YOU. They don't like it, they're doing it because they feel it will improve their friendship with you. Self-sacrifice on their part and you're pissed at them for it. Realize what they're doing for you.

And if you don't want them pretending to like things just for you, tell them that, don't go posting on message boards about them, yeesh.

I know they are doing that...and I have told them a million times that I like them for who they are, and that they shouldn't change what they like to suit me...but they just don't get it...Maybe they think I won't like them as much....but what ever you say..just so you know I have even told them that I am worried about them because they aren't being themselves and I notice that they have been doing the same to make others like them. So don't get on my case...i'm not trying to be rude or anything, its just don't you think I would've realized this and tryed to fix it??

I'd have to agree with wristcuter whole heartedly.

[quote]Dictionary.com
[i]pos·er1 __ (_P_) (pzr)
n.

1. One who poses.
2. A poseur.
---------
two-faced (tfst)
adj.

1. Having two faces or surfaces.
2. Hypocritical or double-dealing; deceitful.[/i][/quote]

Just to make everyone aware of what they actually mean.

Oh boy...c'mon, lighten up....

Keyblade, just don't try to convence your friend right now...if it's what they enjoy, and they don't want to take your advice, then don't keep giving it to them...They'll eventually find out for themselves...

As for Hypocrites, my cousin is the biggest Hypocrite on this planet next to my father James (no, not the Otaku James).
She so....Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, it just makes me wanna grab her hair, pull it out, and make her see the light!.....

*looks at everyone staring at her* What?...

[color=#808080]Oh boy...that definition of "poser" is [i]so[/i] apt for certain people that I know. lol

The short answer is yes; I've come across these people. Does it worry me? Not really. If someone wants to be two faced with me, I'll just disregard them altogether. I tend to believe that it's not worth wasting my time on people who are constantly behaving in a double faced and/or subversive way.[/color]

[color=darkblue]Posers are just trying to be liked. I don't really hold it against them. Most people will eventually grow out of it.

Two-faced people, on the other hand, are universal. They are an infestation. And their motives usually lean to the malicious side... like starting rumors or turning people against each other for some sort of personal gain.

The absolute worst are the people who want to be seen as nice to everybody. Believe me, I know plenty of these. You'll pass them in the hallway & they'll smile & say "hi" but in reality they think you're a loser & begin talking trash about you as soon as you're out of ear-shot. I'd much rather them tell me straight-up. Then I can add my own two cents.

Insecurity rules the lives of both types.[/color]

Well, I don't like to discuss my personal life anywhere really. But sadly this is a topic I know all too well. You see I'm usually pretty s**ty at picking friend, most if not all my past friends have been two-faced a-holes posing as a friend to me to either gain access to something I possess or just to humiliate me in front of others with personal details of myself when I was not around.

This is why I am the way that I am now, which is a very closed off and hateful person towards most. I'm sorry if people can't accept that, but it's been happening since I was too young to know better and now I'm nineteen. My attitude cannot be changed now. It's sunk too far into this thick skull of mine, and it isn't going anywhere. At one point in my life I would be happy to have many friends, I'd want to meet new people to befriend them. But now I just don't give a damn.

I now limit myself to one friend, and he's been a friend I've known practically my whole life. In fact he's the smartest person I know, and his intelligence alone has taught me a lot. So I am not as dumb as I probably would be without him as a friend, so just being his friend seems like a privilege in a lot of ways. Also, even though I act mad or upset that he doesn't like what I like or doesn't always share the same opinion. I am actually very happy because I know that he's not just liking something I like because we're friends, and because of this I also trust him more than I would someone always agreeing with my taste in things.

One friend is all I need, and he's a damn good one. So I'm set.

Now, I'm going to try to forget I even told you people this so don't remind me.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]And if you don't want them pretending to like things just for you, tell them that, don't go posting on message boards about them, yeesh. [/B][/QUOTE]

You do have a point. Can a person close a thread that they started? If any one knows how to, please tell me.

How have you been a jerk. I don't see where all these people who are yelling at you are coming from.

The way I read the thread is:
"My friends are saying they like stuff that they don't so they can do more stuff with me. I don't want this, I like my friends for who they are. Diversity is what makes this world go round. How can I tell them this?"

Well you get the point I'm trying to make.

Oh and Wrist Cutter maybe Key made this thread to ask for help. Maybe Key wanted to keep the friendships and so Key is making sure that he/she (Sorry) doesn't offend people. I don't think its wrong that he/she posted this, I mean atleast Key is comfortable with the boards and is asking for our help. You're better to get out of a sitaution in a better position when you have help.

I don't know how I can help you out though, I mean some people just don't have any confidence and feel they have to fit a certain image. Maybe they're afraid that if they don't like something, and you REALLY like it, they might lose your friendship.

However two-face people. There are two types of two-face people really.

A) People who pretend to be your friend because they want to be popular.

B) People who say things about people, but are too afraid to confront them, so when they see them they act nice.

The first people I want to shoot. I wish people would understand that popularity isn't that important. IT doesn't last into college even. Once you hit college from Highschool, you're gonna know no one. So then whats gonna happen to all those people who thought you were great? They'll be somewhere else. Its just pointless in my opinion.

Although I don't know if that argument is valid, considering I'm a freshman in highschool and never expierenced college. O.o

The second people I feel bad for. They're just scared. I mean they arn't trying to dirrectly hurt anyone, they're just trying to spread the peace most of the time. But hey we all could go for a little confrontation everyonce in a while.

Well thats my opinion on the subject

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lalaith Ril [/i]
[B]How have you been a jerk. I don't see where all these people who are yelling at you are coming from.

The way I read the thread is:
"My friends are saying they like stuff that they don't so they can do more stuff with me. I don't want this, I like my friends for who they are. Diversity is what makes this world go round. How can I tell them this?"

Well you get the point I'm trying to make.

Oh and Wrist Cutter maybe Key made this thread to ask for help. Maybe Key wanted to keep the friendships and so Key is making sure that he/she (Sorry) doesn't offend people. I don't think its wrong that he/she posted this, I mean atleast Key is comfortable with the boards and is asking for our help. You're better to get out of a sitaution in a better position when you have help.

I don't know how I can help you out though, I mean some people just don't have any confidence and feel they have to fit a certain image. Maybe they're afraid that if they don't like something, and you REALLY like it, they might lose your friendship.

However two-face people. There are two types of two-face people really.

A) People who pretend to be your friend because they want to be popular.

B) People who say things about people, but are too afraid to confront them, so when they see them they act nice.

The first people I want to shoot. I wish people would understand that popularity isn't that important. IT doesn't last into college even. Once you hit college from Highschool, you're gonna know no one. So then whats gonna happen to all those people who thought you were great? They'll be somewhere else. Its just pointless in my opinion.

Although I don't know if that argument is valid, considering I'm a freshman in highschool and never expierenced college. O.o

The second people I feel bad for. They're just scared. I mean they arn't trying to dirrectly hurt anyone, they're just trying to spread the peace most of the time. But hey we all could go for a little confrontation everyonce in a while.

Well thats my opinion on the subject [/B][/QUOTE]

***Nods head.*** I agree with Bryan. He has some good points. read them over again sometime. They may help your problem.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lalaith Ril [/i]
[B] Maybe Key wanted to keep the friendships and so Key is making sure that he/she (Sorry) doesn't offend people. I don't think its wrong that he/she posted this, I mean atleast Key is comfortable with the boards and is asking for our help. You're better to get out of a sitaution in a better position when you have help.[/B][/QUOTE]

Its she, just tellin ya so you dont hafta waste so much time typin he/she.

[color=indigo]Have you ever thought that you might make your friend so uncomfortable that she feels that she has to like the same things as you in orderfor you to accept her? Betcha never thought of that! Why don't you try and be more sensitive to your friends needs you ignorant shmo!!

Nah, I'm just kidding, I hate posers to...::goes and hides in a corner, hoping no one noices that he is being hypocritical about hating posers just to fit in::...[/color]

I bet my school is full of two-faced people...I've come across others besides my cousin...A girl that was pals with my cousin would talk behind her back whenever my cuz wasn't around...She would talk about how obnoccious (I know that's not spelled correctly), rude and two-faced my cousin was, but just to keep peace I didin't say anything...See when people get mad because of something I say against my cuz, I feel as if the whole entire area would be against me.....I'm weird aren't I?...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by keyblade [/i]
[B]Any of ya'll have two-faced friends, or friends that are plain old posers?? Like, they'll say that some person is annoying, and then when that person is around...boom they are like that person's best friend. Or they'll be a poser, and pretend to like things just because you like them, like I have a friend who pretends to like the same stuff as me, and then she really doesn't like it...and you can tell...trust me!! I am not mad at my friend or anything...its just that I am worried that they rn't being themselves and are trying to impress me by trying to share intrests with me. I have tried to tell them...but they just don't get it. Anyon egot ideas on how to show them that I like them for who they are?? [/B][/QUOTE]

I know too many two-face ppl, its annoying. I hate it. they all basically are like that! why?! I hate it!! :flaming: lol anyways yeah I know lots of them @_@ i just wish they would get better things to do then be a "poser" or "two-faced" why dont they just be themselves? speak the mind? and just live there life? -___-

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DKsAngel [/i]
[B]I know too many two-face ppl, its annoying. I hate it. they all basically are like that! why?! I hate it!! :flaming: lol anyways yeah I know lots of them @_@ i just wish they would get better things to do then be a "poser" or "two-faced" why dont they just be themselves? speak the mind? and just live there life? -___- [/B][/QUOTE]

You're one to talk, Reina. You have, on multiple occasions, admitted to being 'two-faced' and 'hiding behind a mask'.

....why must you call me that???? Gawd I am gonna kill ken.
not that two-faced you loser XD i am talking about the people who act like they are your best friends but behind your back all like "she is so stupid and ugly.." etc etc and sure I wear a mask but *shrugs*

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DKsAngel [/i]
[B]i am talking about the people who act like they are your best friends but behind your back all like "she is so stupid and ugly.." etc etc and sure I wear a mask but *shrugs* [/B][/QUOTE]

...You just described yourself... God, please. You've admitted it many times before. So, what, public denial now?

Guest Musahi
Yes I have a "friend" who is very two faced. We started out hating eachother and some how we became friends. He was really cool, and we were really good friends. Untill he started hanging ou with another friend of mine, Jacob.

Now he is constantly talking **** about me to Jacob, and of course since Jacob is a good friend he relays it to me. Of course John denies it, but I know the truth. One day, I am just going to snap and punch him in his fat face.

w00t, that was good to get off my chest. :p