Heartless Me Posted February 26, 2003 Posted February 26, 2003 So yeah, so i heard this elderly woman was preparing an artichoke somewhere in europe and it spontaneously exploded in her hand. That's some crazy stuff. The police investigated the remains of the vegetable and found no residue of anything that could have been implanted into the artichoke so it wasn't rigged to explode. the lady said she smelled smoke and then saw a spark, then it exploded. What do you think of this people. I thought it was pretty funny. But do you think that spontaneous combustion is possible in anything let alone vegetables and why?
Bing Posted February 26, 2003 Posted February 26, 2003 [size=1][color=darkblue]This is a bit of a strange situation, and a bit of a silly thread, but anyway... I don't know why it happens, but it's very weird. To a vegetable, it's obvious harmless, but with a human it's no laughing matter. This unexpected reaction can be very scary, killing or wounding the victims. It is often taken very lightly, like in South Park, where the bodies explode because they are 'afraid to fart'. Do any of the other members know if this has happened to anyone?[/color][/size]
Transtic Nerve Posted February 26, 2003 Posted February 26, 2003 Are you sure she wasn't on some other type of plant that may have made her hallucinate?
Justin Posted February 26, 2003 Posted February 26, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i] [B]Are you sure she wasn't on some other type of plant that may have made her hallucinate? [/B][/QUOTE] That's the funniest things I've read all day. Exploding artichokes, huh? Well, stuff happens, I guess. -Justin
Posthumous Posted February 26, 2003 Posted February 26, 2003 [b]WTF? Who the hell came up with that? Exploding artichokes? See people what's happening to our freaking plants!Maybe there was "invisible" [strike]deodorant[/strike] bomb residue.Hey it can happen people.[/b]
Bing Posted February 26, 2003 Posted February 26, 2003 [size=1][color=darkblue]I agree, I watched this documentary about Genetically modified vegetables (yes, I was very bored), and they are changed so much, it's actually really bad for us. Do you guys really care what colour your tomatoes are?[/color][/size]
Flash Posted February 26, 2003 Posted February 26, 2003 It's terrorism. They're trying to blow us up through our food.
Justin Posted February 26, 2003 Posted February 26, 2003 Indeed. It's all a plot by 'the Man'(in cooperation with 'da Man') to bring down the good people of this fair planet. Don't eat the artichokes!!!! Somehow, I'm more inclined to believe there is some other explanation. Maybe she had the oven on and it sparked...or something. -Justin
GinnyLyn Posted February 27, 2003 Posted February 27, 2003 Spontaneous combustion. Bwa! I'm sure there's a perfectly good explanation for all this...I'm just laughing too hard to hear it.
Bremma Posted February 27, 2003 Posted February 27, 2003 Heh, thats really freaked up. Was it cooked or heated at all? Could have been holding in steam... still... attack of the exploding artichokes!
Harry Posted February 27, 2003 Posted February 27, 2003 An orange blew up and now I don't have a left arm.
Sui Generis Posted February 27, 2003 Posted February 27, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i] [B]Are you sure she wasn't on some other type of plant that may have made her hallucinate? [/B][/QUOTE] I'm actually going with what he said. I think that either she was smoking, or just trying to get some attention. Also Harry, that was spam you realize that? Just telling ya man. Try and edit it with atleast something you think about this thread O.o
Harry Posted February 27, 2003 Posted February 27, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lalaith Ril [/i] [B]Also Harry, that was spam you realize that? Just telling ya man. Try and edit it with atleast something you think about this thread O.o [/B][/QUOTE] I did, that story was a lie and that's what I think Arikel's is too.
Guest Jenni Posted February 27, 2003 Posted February 27, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Harry [/i] [B]I did, that story was a lie and that's what I think Arikel's is too. [/B][/QUOTE] I'm gonna kick ur *** :P Anywho, I've been hearing alot of stories I don't know whether or not to believe. So I tend to not believe anything any more.. *cough*Harry*cough*Syiod*cough*exploding produce*cough* Sorry I have a cold, does anyone have Robutussin?
Lady Macaiodh Posted February 27, 2003 Posted February 27, 2003 [color=darkblue]Maybe it was the mutating pesticides, like in the move Ticks. Attack of the Killer Artichokes.[/color]
Zephyr Posted February 27, 2003 Posted February 27, 2003 LOL, that is funny. The closest thing I can figure to a reason for the explosion is that an internal section was being broken down by some bacteria, which produced methane and, well, BOOM! The only thing that does not add up is how the methane would explode, since the knife would have to hit something like a rock, or more metal, rather hard to spark. Maybe it is an American plot to quietly get revenge for all the plots Europe has against us. Do not think we do not know. Europe is working with Canada. Playing posum all these years. I know what they are planning. It will.........[Transmission Termiated By The Canadian Defence Force] :p
Fall Posted March 1, 2003 Posted March 1, 2003 Heh. An artichoke bomb. The "smelling smoke and saw a spark" points even more to an artichoke bomb.
Sara Posted March 1, 2003 Posted March 1, 2003 [SIZE=1]I'm sure it was a simple mistake. Maybe she was a little nearsighted. *couldn't help herself*[/SIZE]
conpiracymonki Posted March 1, 2003 Posted March 1, 2003 [b][size=1] *looks at attachment* Yes. Old people are unbelievably blind, lol. Wow. Old lady survived an artichoke/grenade without losing a limb. Lucky her...[/b] *looks at attachment again*[/size]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now