OtakuBoards

Anime Music

G.D. Ryoko

What do you think about this idea?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about this idea?

• An excellent idea
    • An okay idea
    • It`s alright I guess
    • This thread is stupid

:) I noticed there wasn`t a thread about anime music so I decided to make one.

I was wondering what anime songs you like. I have a few favorites most of which comes from Inuyasha and Outlawstar. I just wanted to know. If this thread has to be closed then feel free to close it.^_^

[color=hotpink][size=1]*Looks at the thread* I think I'll keep it open just to see how it goes at first. It's not a favorites thread yet.

I am a fan of anime music just because it's something unique and different. There is so much emotion in the songs. You don't even have to know what the words are saying because you can feel the emotions that the song is portraying. There's so many anime songs that have touched me. Especially the very sad ones. ^_^;[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anten69 [/i]
[B]It sounds like an Excellent Idea. My favorite Theme song is Run Through the Night from OS. good luck. [/B][/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure it's just "through the night", actually. That's what it even says on the original OSTs. o.o; lol.

I love all the music from OS. It's just fast-beat, and catchy music. So I bought both the OSTs. ^^;;;

But I really like anime music because it's so different from American music. There always more instuments in anime music, it seems. American music is all guitars and drums, which get old after a while. Not to mention all the rap invading the radio these days. -_-; But anime music has so many different tunes and sounds, and you can find a good song for almost any mood you're in. It's just...really different. A lot of it's very pretty, also, and there are more instumental songs, which are nice some times. ^_^ I have tons of anime music on my computer... That's all I listen to anymore. ^^;

I'm a big anime music fan ^_^ I haven't downloaded any, though. I buy CDs, which is more expensive. But I'd rather that then have them not release music at all due to not having enough money because of everyone downloading them.

I like the way it manages to encompass almost all styles of other music, from classical to pop, so seamlessly. It all fits together so well, and the songs are written really well. But I think the thing I like most about the anime songs is that, listening to them, I don't actually know what they're singing. I know that if you understand Japanese you do know, but I don't, and then my imagination isn't inhibited to the words of the song (I like to daydream along to my music and English words can put me off because I have to think of a story that matches the lyrics).

My favourite soundtracks are Zoids, Evangelion, Yu-Gi-Oh (Japanese version), Digimon and Pokemon. Mostly I like the instumental bits, either more traditional classical music or stuff with electric guitars and synthesisers. A mix (like most of the above) is very good for me.

Well, like Solo, I LOVE anime music aswell. As far as soundtracks goes, I've been listenin to that Lupin III soundtrack lately. Got some nice tracks on there. Okay, its my own made up CD of Lupin III music, but still. But anyway, I like to listen to all the openings of Lupin III on that soundtrack.

Also, I'm a huge fan of all of the Gundam soundtracks, mainly the soundtrack to G Gundam and Gundam Wing. Gundam Wing could quite possible have the best music to ever be released on a CD(anime wise anyway. American cartoon wise, I'm still listenin to the Transformers: The Movie soundtrack. Hey, you cant mess wit "Dare To Be Stupid" by Wierd Al Yankavich{sp?}. ^_^). I mean, Gundam Wing has a little bit of techno, a little bit of rock, and a little bit of orchestrated music on there. You definetly cant go wrong wit that soundtrack.

Other songs I listen to from animes are....well, you can find the rest of my tracks on the other thread about anime music which can be found at [url]http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18113&perpage=15&pagenumber=2[/url] (which was done a good while back, so I dont expect you to see that thread. lol) I dont feel like typin my stuff all over again. ^_^

*begins to listen to the theme of Lupin III from 1979. Nice disco type track. ^_^*

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by G.D. Ryoko [/i]
[B]I had downloaded almost all of the Inuyasha songs. I really like the melodies of the songs. I also like the lyrics,especially to Fukai Mori(Deep Forest). I just find anime music to be interesting. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, Fukai Mori is a great song. I just love the sound of it. It's beautiful. ^_^ But when I first downloaded, I listened to it too many times, so I can hardly hear it anymore. o.o;

I love the music from the .hack series. My favorite would have to be Evolution, and Tasogare no umi, from .hack//liminality. They're great. ^^ But even just the background music, it all sounds so different, it's amazing to find soundtracks like that with so much variety. I can't stand things that all sound the same. o.o;

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jinzouningen17 [/i]
[B]American cartoon wise, I'm still listenin to the Transformers: The Movie soundtrack. Hey, you cant mess wit "Dare To Be Stupid" by Wierd Al Yankavich{sp?}. ^_^).[/B][/QUOTE]

Transformers: The Movie has an amazing soundtrack. I have the songs and the score by Vince DiCola (a BotCon exclusive CD- ain't I jammy?). I love Stan Bush's 'Dare', and Lion's version of the theme. It's great to listen to, if for nothing else than the copious amounts of bass and electric guitar usage. 80's cheese always lifts my mood.

I have three Evangalion soundtracks which I listen to lots, along with two of the three Zoids CDs I have (the third wasn't that great). I'd say those are probably my very favourites, although I started off on the background music for Pokemon which I think is also very good. The Japanese score of The First Movie is amazingly emotional and haunting in places. The American score I have as well, but it's more twee and melodramatic. I still like it, though, along with the US second movie score, along with it's James Bond rip-off piece of music.

The .hack//SIGN soundtrack's always interested me. I've heard it's very good, but I've never managed to hear any of it.

Don't get upset because you got something wrong. We all make mistakes and amiboshi wasn't meaning to be rude by quoting you. Besides, it makes more sense to quote because it makes clear the single point you're trying to address.

One anime soundtrack I really wish they'd release is the English Digimon dub. Haim Saban et al do a great job with the score, but the studio doesn't seem to want to release anything other than the main theme >_< It's a pity, because the music's great. I have the Mysterious Cities of Gold soundtrack by Haim Saban and Shuki Levy. They've always been two of my all-time favourite composers, also doing things like He-Man, Power Rangers and huge amounts of other things.

Good idea.I like anime music ,one there are sow many types.There is just not one topic and thats it.It has lots of different feelings put in to it and meaning.
One of my faves that i can list right off the back is "tank"frome cowboy bebop.And if you have never heard this you have not lived.I like tank because of the jazz and rock all put together.
My second is "The Real Folk Blues"its a good song .Even better in japanese.It has jazz in it but more of a clasical taste but still livley.
That was also from cowboy bebop.MY third from cowboy bebop is eddwards theme called catz on mars i think.I like this one because it suits me and edward but it is funny.I like it.
These were all done by Yoko Kanno.
She is a very good creatar and one of the top 10 from anime invasion.
-hiei
One eye sees the future the other the past and the third the future.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anten69 [/i]
[B]amiboshi your quotes piss me off and they seem like a waste of time if your going to correct someone you dont have to quote them just mention it in your reply, but any way I also forgot to mention another song I like very much the Z.O.E song Kiss me Sunshine (amiboshi please make sure to quote me if i've typed any thing incorrectly.:naughty: [/B][/QUOTE]
Well excuse me. >.> It wasn't like I was correcting your typos or anything, I was just mentioning the real name of the song. And it was a real post, not like I was specifically yelling at you or anything. You don't need to flame me for it. Sorry if that's a sensitive spot or yours or something... >.>

Another anime I REALLY love the music from is Gravitation. The anime [i]is[/i] based on the bands, so of course they have great music. But it's all got great tuns and rhythms. Most of it's...I dunno, soft rock, maybe? And the crew did a great job making them all. I have tons of songs from the show. I just love them all. XD

I also like The Real Folk Blues. I love the lyrics to the song. It is so beautiful. I also like the first Outlaw Star ending theme song.(Forgot the name.) What I really wish though is that on the anime they would not make the song shorter but, thenthe show would be longer going off and we might miss other shows.

[FONT=arial]I really like Cowboy Bebop's, Macross', and Trigun's soundtracks, or at least what I've heard from them. and I like about 15 songs collectively from the Fushigi Yuugi soundtracks. individual songs could go on for a while. some I really like at the top of my head are Kimi Sae Ireba [sp?] from Love Hina, Toki no Kioku from Please Save My Earth, and Heart of Sword from Kenshin. naming all of 'em would be kinda tough, but I don't want to make it look too much like a 'favorites' post, so I'll just leave it alone ^_^'.[/FONT]

Guest Watinabe
I like the cruel angle thesis song Rei Ayiname birhtday mix it whoops the crap out of the other versions with its electric gatair and other instruments~_~

I personally like the following Anime Songs 5) Cruel Angels Thesis
4) The ending song for Blue Seed I'm not sure what the name is.
3) The opening theam for Nadesico You get to Burning
2) Dearest- the ending theme for the Nadesico Movie
and number 1) Watashi Rashiku - the ending theme for the nadesico episodes.
All of these songs a calming and soothing after a hard days work and the words just seem to flow. I am learning a little Japanese ,but I still don't understand most of the songs. I like the music and the lyrics are not distracting they are auctually a plus to the music.

[color=ff00cc] [size=1]I like listening to Anime music once in a while. I can't stand just listening to songs without lyrics for [i]too[/i] long, though. ><

I don't really have any anime music downloaded on my Kazaa except for 'Tank!' from Cowboy Bebop. ^_^;[/color] [/size]

• 1 month later...
I was just thinking though, how come toonami doesn`t show the opening theme songs for the anime. I think it would be really cool if they did.(I am not trying to bash CN or anything and if I sound like I am then I am sorry.^_^)