APEMAN Posted March 14, 2003 Posted March 14, 2003 Anybody like to skateboard, or just attempt as I do. I'm really trying to just ollie and then land, but I can only seem to get the ollie to an average of four inches high and then I don't land. I really need some help and practice.
Rhys Mayiessen Posted March 14, 2003 Posted March 14, 2003 [color=skyblue]I don't skateboard but my brother does, or did I'm not sure what he's doing now. He was actually pretty good at it. I tried it once but I wasn't really that good at it...its not like I was trying to do jumps or anything...[/color]
Dragonstar Posted March 14, 2003 Posted March 14, 2003 :D I fall of on flat ground so... I would like to acyually be able to do that stuff, but I suck, so I can't. :whoops: :D
Fall Posted March 14, 2003 Posted March 14, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by APEMAN [/i] [B]Anybody like to skateboard, or just attempt as I do. I'm really trying to just ollie and then land, but I can only seem to get the ollie to an average of four inches high and then I don't land. I really need some help and practice. [/B][/QUOTE] That's pretty much all I [i]can[/i] do. I've attempted various other stunts but every time I've failed..
Nate Posted March 15, 2003 Posted March 15, 2003 Same here,.....I've pulled out poles and started grinding, made one once, and i can ollie up a few inches, but that's all....Wish i was better.....
Schrat Posted March 15, 2003 Posted March 15, 2003 I used to skate alot. I ollied a deck or two and pulled off some other trix (pop shovets and kick flips and stuf), it got old after awhile, cause i was tied up in lax and football....
MarkM Posted March 15, 2003 Posted March 15, 2003 Skateboarding: Falling and finally doing one trick for the sake of being able to do it. the problem: you will never be able to do the decent trickes again. short and simple. In my eyes that is Skateboarding... EDIT: and no i dont do skateboarding... and started grinding, made one once-The Trainer
TheShinje Posted March 15, 2003 Posted March 15, 2003 [size=1] [color=blue] I have tried skateboarding, but to my dismay I am no good. I haven't got the patience, to learn it either, considering learning means falling on your a** often. :p [/size] [/color]
GotenksSSJ343 Posted March 15, 2003 Posted March 15, 2003 I can't ollie for beans but I can manual to nose maunal and flat land tricks but I suck at ollies.
playababygurl79 Posted March 15, 2003 Posted March 15, 2003 Yeah skateboarding...kicks ***** but I suck at it, All my guy friends have tried to teach me, But I just can't master it so all I end up with is a crowd of laughing guys and a sore ***** so other than that, I can't really help ya.
Juu Posted March 15, 2003 Posted March 15, 2003 [color=ff00cc] [size=1]All of my irl guyfriends can. ^_^; One of them is actually really, really good. He says he's been skateboarding since he was seven. I guess that's why. ^^ I tried skateboarding before. Jaron told me skateboarding wasn't very different from snowboarding, so I tried it. Oooh boy... >>;;;[/color] [/size]
Nate Posted March 15, 2003 Posted March 15, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by hot head [/i] [B]Skateboarding: Falling and finally doing one trick for the sake of being able to do it. the problem: you will never be able to do the decent trickes again. short and simple. In my eyes that is Skateboarding... EDIT: and no i dont do skateboarding... and started grinding, made one once-The Trainer [/B][/QUOTE] and started grinding, made one once means i grinded and made it out without falling once.
APEMAN Posted March 15, 2003 Author Posted March 15, 2003 yeah, that's cool. I've only just started again like four days ago and have just been getting the hang of staying on, but hey, it's something to do.
Sui Generis Posted March 15, 2003 Posted March 15, 2003 I try to, I can ollie decently. I can grind pretty well. Can't do flip tricks for some reason though.. Skateboarding isn't my thing though, I'm an inliner.
Nate Posted March 15, 2003 Posted March 15, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lalaith Ril [/i] [B]I try to, I can ollie decently. I can grind pretty well. Can't do flip tricks for some reason though.. Skateboarding isn't my thing though, I'm an inliner. [/B][/QUOTE] Same here. I would whather inline skate than Skate-board. It uses less power and you can control it better.
Tommy Vercetti Posted March 16, 2003 Posted March 16, 2003 I have attempted to skateboard although it didnt go down to well as i basically flipped the board up and fell straight on my back. Most of my friends can skateboard i think, although i would like to learn to skateboard as there are some pretty cool and amazing tricks and stunts people can do with them but the accidents and injuries can be bad if your not careful..
BigCajones Posted March 16, 2003 Posted March 16, 2003 [color=royalblue]Tried, failed, bailed, OUCH! Many times and it hurts, but I enjoy pain and also found it is quite hilarious for my mates as well as me. It's definetely not for me though, I've tried to ollie and well I don't think I did it to a great success at all. Bailing is fun, but I'm more BMX and I find I use that way more than I would a skateboard. Probably as it's easier to get around and I can give people a ride, but I will try some tricks in the summer! To add to pain I would really enjoy dropping in on a half pipe! Oooh the pain. :p[/color]
APEMAN Posted March 19, 2003 Author Posted March 19, 2003 Man! I finally ollied over a parking block! I didn't really land on the board, but hey, I'm feeling pretty good considering I busted my bum.^_^
Nate Posted March 19, 2003 Posted March 19, 2003 Really? I can barely ollie over a skateboard with it's wheels and trucks taken off....I truely suck....That is, when moving...most of the time the back truck doesn't come up...but standnig still....can go up a few inches now.........
Syn Posted March 19, 2003 Posted March 19, 2003 I skate. I can drop in on a quarter pipe, shove it, pop shove it, ollie, kickflip, working on a heelflip, I can like....get into a board slide but I dont have the guts to lean back to actually move...so I just stand there. anyway, I can do that, I love skating but I dont have the guts to attempt anything new really. Ish my downfall *sigh*
APEMAN Posted March 19, 2003 Author Posted March 19, 2003 I just found some ramp plans, but I think pretty much everyone that has tried to find plans has the Heckler plans that I have.
Nate Posted March 19, 2003 Posted March 19, 2003 I found some...forgot the url to them though..... One was on MonsterSkate i think..check there...
Guest Reignfire Posted March 20, 2003 Posted March 20, 2003 I gave up on skateboardind loooong time ago. The reason i stoped skating is because i couldnt land a kick flip. Ya, Thats a dumb reason to quite but skating isnt for me.:bawl:
Syn Posted March 22, 2003 Posted March 22, 2003 My deck snapped when I landed an acid drop off the top of a slide at this little park thing near my house (not a skate park) Luckily it was only a cheap united skates deck, so I didnt break my blind one. :P
Bing Posted March 24, 2003 Posted March 24, 2003 [size=1][color=darkblue]I used to skate, I have an expensive Alien Workshop skateboard, with Indy trucks and Ricta wheels, that I don't use and I am hoping to sell. I could land an ollie, a shove it, and go pretty fast, plus do things like manual (kinda) and professional bails! I actually really enjoy it, but it's quite embarrassing when you fall over, especially in front of lots of people. I have some friends who are very good at it, and can land loads of tricks. Apeman, about pulling of your ollie, the secret lies in your pop and jump technique. You really have to pop (slam on the tail) hard and then jump as high as you can. It'll take a few times to learn, and maybe a few painful bails, but when you're landing the biggest gaps, you'll be proud. Pulling of something sick is a great feeling. Keep it up though Apeman. What are you skating with?[/color][/size]
Recommended Posts