Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Pokemon fever has caught me again!!! :D I can't get enough of this game. I only have 2 badges because I have to divide my time between Age of Mythology, Wind Waker, and this, but its still great. Hopefully school will slow down soon and the work load will be less. Then I can play for hours on end!!! :cross:
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
This probably didn't need it's own thread, but I'll answer it. A kid kid inside the Pokemon House at Slateport has an extra, so she gives it to you.
Posted
Heh, I got WW as well. ^__^

I'm currently trying to catch one of those danred Ralts. It sooooooo hard to find one. I'll just keep trying I guess.

Then its off to the next gym! I feel ready. I'm going to evolve my Torchic first to Cumbusken so it can learn Double Kick. ^_^ That'll help a bit.

*Goes to catch the annoying Ralts*
Guest The Bouncer
Posted
There were never many electric pokemon ever. even in red blue and yellow. back then there was only 7. in gols and silver/ crystal there were 6. now only 4 in ruby and sapphire. electric pokemon are great to me. i love electric pokemon and fire pokemon
Posted
Besides the area right before Petalburg, does anyone know where to find a Ralts?
(Before Dewford Town)

I'm having so much trouble...
Guest The Bouncer
Posted
Sorry but my little brother has the guide and the only place to find ralts is right before you get to petlaburg town. but y=if you want you can go ack by using talking to Mr.Briney and hell take yuo back so you can catch one

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

actually it a girl in the contest center in slateport city. she will give it to you to make them you have to talk to the old man across the room and use the berrry blender . also there is a berrry blender in fallabar town
Posted
Hypershadow let me give you a little help with the gym leader.

Pokemon: Geodude and Nosepass.

Geodude: You should easily beat it with Ralts or Wingull.

Nosepass: You should only battle with Ralts, because Nosepass can easily kill your Torchic/Conbusken(in 2 hits in that form I think) and Wingull with Rock Tomb. Double Kick is a good help against the deformed creature.

Note: You can evolve Wingull to Pelipper :D.


I have one question, in the anime is Team Magma and Team Agua on Team rocket's side?
Posted
Heh, don't worry.
I tought my Combusken Double-Kick and raised it one or two levels higher. Then I just blew through Roxanne.

So I finally got my Ralts, and my team is starting to take form (although this is not the team I want in the end). Right now, I'm just training my Pokémon until their all at a labe capable of defeating Brawly without hassle.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]This probably didn't need it's own thread, but I'll answer it.[/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]You're right, it doesn't, really. So, I merged the thread with the main R/S thread.[/color]
Posted
I started out with a Treecko and He's been really useful through out the game. Although there seem's to be a flaw with my team. None of my pokemon can really withstand fire moves (Not even my own slugma! Shameful...I got no water pokemon on my side either).
A Tailow was also one of the first pokemon I ever raised in that game. He's now evolved into a Swellow and was well worth the time to train.
Posted
Ughh...my Pokémon are so under-level. I have to do a lot of training, since I can't beat my rival after Slateport.
What's a place somewhere before Slateport that givs a lot of EXP? I seriously need some help. >.< I can't withstand water moves.

I have:
Combusken - Lv. 22
Tailow - Lv. 16
Poochyena - Lv. 13
Ralts - Lv. 15
Aron - Lv. 12

I need to get these guys in the 20-25 level area.
I'd kill for some of those Rare Candies...
Guest The Bouncer
Posted
you dont need to worry about slatedport because there is no gym. only about 3 or 4 team magam or aqua there. but you can train right under cycling road and you get to fight your rival there too...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by HyperShadow [/i]
[B]Ughh...my Pokémon are so under-level. I have to do a lot of training, since I can't beat my rival after Slateport.
What's a place somewhere before Slateport that givs a lot of EXP? I seriously need some help. >.< I can't withstand water moves.

I have:
Combusken - Lv. 22
Tailow - Lv. 16
Poochyena - Lv. 13
Ralts - Lv. 15
Aron - Lv. 12

I need to get these guys in the 20-25 level area.
I'd kill for some of those Rare Candies... [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't know if you're problem is having your pokemon at low levels but just not having the right type. Consider getting a windgull and raising it to a decent level (15-18). Might have an easier fight with that.
I just had a lv 15 Zigzagoon, lv 16 windgull, and lv 23 grovyle and I managed to beat the rival after staleport. Very tough fight but I managed.
If you're looking for leveling up, make sure you've been fighting all the trainers up to that point and when you're done with that, just walk around in the grass. The grassy areas before you meet the rival are prolly best place to level up at that point. It might be slow, but it's the best way.
Posted
Easy, sail back to Dewford, and go to the cave where Steven is. Then train. Get a Magikarp and train it into a Gyarados. Thats what I did before I battled Brawly to kill some time hahaha.

FOr some experiences, go north of Slateport and you should see a house called the "Trick House". When you enter the house it says " Somebody is watching". Go to the table and search around intil a text box appears. Then after the man has finish blabbering, go to the scroll and start using your Rock smash ability. There some trainers in there that has pokemon about level 12-15. You need a secret code to get inside. Find a scroll and go to the metal door. Press A and it'll open. The guy inside will give you a item and you can leave by going into the hole.

I'd advise you to catch an Electrike so it could beat your rival's starter. The Electrike is around the grass before you fight your rival. Also catch a Geodude from the cave near Dewford so you could destroy the 3rd gym leader. Dump Poochyena, because it isn't that good. Trust me, in each battle Poochyena always get Knocked-out when I use it.
Posted
Hey, I am having trouble beating the third gyn. my team is:

Grovyle: 24
Mawile: 23
Electrike: 22
Wingull: 24
Swellow: 23
and I am raising a Poocheyna which is currently at 8. But I can't find a different pokemon to stand a chance.
Guest The Bouncer
Posted
Put two of your pokemon in the daycare and just walk around for about an hour. your pokemon should have grow at least 5 levels. try to get your grovyle to about 28, Wingul eveolves at 25 and get your electrike to 26 so it can evolve. then try again. or go back to dewford to the cave and catch a geodude.
Guest The Mage Prince
Posted
Yay Pokemon Ruby comes out in aus today and after school im going to get it!
Posted
I just beat the master contest on pokemon ruby my best pokemon is LV:77 it is a groudon
Posted
Well, I haven't actually TRIED trading w/the R/S games myself...so maybe try doing like the old games. Okay, ppl say you should turn the game off BEFORE plugging in the link cable, but I never did, and it worked like a charm. I usually have my friend station themselves at the Trade Booth in the PokeCenter, and I do the same. I'd take a GBA cable (maybe a Universal one'll work?) and stick both ends into both game link cable socket-thingies. Simutaneously, talk to the lady at the Trade Booth, and...just wait. Wait until she says "Before opening the link, you must save your game." It should say the same thing on both you guy's screens.

But waiting is the key to trading (unluckily)
Posted
I have tried it doesnt work!!!! I also tried trading from gold and silver it doesnt work!!:(
Posted
Perhaps you have got either a faulty wire in the cable or the plug itself has something wrong with it?

And does anyone know when R/S is out in the good old United Kingdom?
I'am eagrly antipating the release even though I am nearly 18!
Posted
The Ruby and Saphire versions can not trade with the previous versions. I tried it and then read the booklet which tells you.

Edit: I finally got Manectric and I maight be able to take out Watson soon. But when I get close, he uses his Super Potions, and I have run out of money.

Edit: Over the weekend I beat Watson, and the rest of the game is easy sailing so far.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...