DuoNDscythe Posted April 3, 2003 Posted April 3, 2003 I wanted to know which is the most popular Gundam Saga, so anyone who wants to contribute go ahead.
Guest God of Death Posted April 3, 2003 Posted April 3, 2003 My fav saga is Gundam Wing because it had the best fighting and a really good story 2 thumbs up
DuoNDscythe Posted April 3, 2003 Author Posted April 3, 2003 That's mine too. I love Gundam Wing for the story, fights, and the coolest Gundams on the Planet. Peace :).
Posthumous Posted April 3, 2003 Posted April 3, 2003 [color=teal][size=1][b]Just so you know, favorite threads aren't allowed.And how'd you get your avatar so big?[/b][/size][/color]
Domon Posted April 4, 2003 Posted April 4, 2003 I agree with Pysco, favorite threads aren't allowed because they lead to spam and spam leads to pointless posts which inevitebly gets you yelled at. So please read the rules.
trackSIN Posted April 4, 2003 Posted April 4, 2003 G Gundam had my favorite Gundams. But like everybody else said Wing was the best. Better story line....
Magnum Apex Posted April 4, 2003 Posted April 4, 2003 [font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]My favorite is [i]New Mobile Report Gundam Wing[/i]. The first Gundam I watched was [i]Mobile Fighter G. Gundam[/i], and the substance of the series motivated me to search for other Gundam shows. My best friend recommended Gundam Wing to me, so I tried it out. To my surprise, it became one of the most enjoyable anime series I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot. There's something about young kids who are smarter, more mature and skilled than stubborn adults. I also enjoyed the purity of the characters. With the exception of psychotic Zechs, everyone followed their heart consistently throughout the series. Great show. [i]Mobile Suit Gundam SEED[/i] would follow at a close second. As far as quality goes, it is superior to most Gundam shows I've watched. The relationships seem to be more outgoing, and really affect the actions of the main characters, unlike Wing. "I will kill Relena" - Heero ^ Not spam. Oh, and how can spam lead to pointless posts, if spam itself ARE pointless posts? Oish, the flawed logic hurts my brain cells.[/color][/font]
VashtheStampede Posted April 9, 2003 Posted April 9, 2003 mine is the all high powerful Gundam Wing DeathScythe Hell Custom is the best
Shy Posted April 9, 2003 Posted April 9, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cyke [/i] [B][font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]My favorite is [i]New Mobile Report Gundam Wing[/i]. The first Gundam I watched was [i]Mobile Fighter G. Gundam[/i], and the substance of the series motivated me to search for other Gundam shows. My best friend recommended Gundam Wing to me, so I tried it out. To my surprise, it became one of the most enjoyable anime series I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot. There's something about young kids who are smarter, more mature and skilled than stubborn adults. I also enjoyed the purity of the characters. With the exception of psychotic Zechs, everyone followed their heart consistently throughout the series. Great show. [i]Mobile Suit Gundam SEED[/i] would follow at a close second. As far as quality goes, it is superior to most Gundam shows I've watched. The relationships seem to be more outgoing, and really affect the actions of the main characters, unlike Wing. "I will kill Relena" - Heero ^ Not spam. Oh, and how can spam lead to pointless posts, if spam itself ARE pointless posts? Oish, the flawed logic hurts my brain cells.[/color][/font] [/B][/QUOTE] [size=1]You are right, [i]your[/i] post is not spam, but the other ones are. A poorly written first post usually leads to follow-up posts that are even worse. I'll leave this open, but just because I enjoy being mocked... My favorite Gundam 'saga' had to be the 8th MS Team. It was one of (if not the) shortest entries into the Gundam universe, but I thought that they did an amazing job of capturing the emotions of soldiers at war. I have never been to war, but all of the characters and their motivations seemed very realistic to me. The ending was very emotional, I couldn't imagine how attached I had become to these characters after only 13 episodes. With 'DBZ' and 'Yu Yu Hakusho' running for 100+ episodes each, it is hard for me to understand why 8th MS Team had to send so soon. -Shy[/size]
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo Posted April 11, 2003 Posted April 11, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i] [B][size=1] My favorite Gundam 'saga' had to be the 8th MS Team. It was one of (if not the) shortest entries into the Gundam universe, but I thought that they did an amazing job of capturing the emotions of soldiers at war. [/size] [/B][/QUOTE] Actually shy hate to be the nip in the bud...but the shortest Gundam saga/series was the ova Gundam 0080 War in the Pocket ranging in at 6 epiodes. As for 8th MS Team it's tied with 0083 Stardust memory for second place with 13 episodes. My favorite Gundam saga aka series would be a tie between Gundam Zeta and Gundam ZZ *double Zeta* best series with some of the best Gundam action and storylines to date, not to meantion old characters from the original Gundam show up for cameos. Coming in at a close second place would be 8th MS Team since I love the whole in "love" with the enemy storylines. ^_^
Ben Holiday Posted April 11, 2003 Posted April 11, 2003 As much as I disliked it the first time through my favorite would have to be Gundam X. It had very memorable characters with a fairly good storyline. The only thing that mildly bothered me about X was that the three main gundams just never seem as cool as all their opponets for some reason all the gundams and mobile suits of their enemies just looked a hell of a lot cooler IMHO. My second favorite would have to be Gundam Z just based on the fact that it had the best ending that I have seen for any of the shows (so far). Watching my favorite characters fighting on the same side in this installment was really great too if only just too see them fight better and out fly Kamille while piloting mobile suits. I also liked that gundams were still just as easy to destroy as mobile suits I always like it much more if having a gundam doesn't mean you're invincible.
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo Posted April 12, 2003 Posted April 12, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ben Holiday [/i] [B]My second favorite would have to be Gundam Z just based on the fact that it had the best ending that I have seen for any of the shows (so far). Watching my favorite characters fighting on the same side in this installment was really great too if only just too see them fight better and out fly Kamille while piloting mobile suits. I also liked that gundams were still just as easy to destroy as mobile suits I always like it much more if having a gundam doesn't mean you're invincible. [/B][/QUOTE] Yeah I have to agree with you on that Ben, thats why I like the older Gundam shows, they were much more realistic and still could be destroyed easily. The pilots relied on there skills unlike, the Gundam Wing pilots that were relying on performance enhancing gundams like Wing Zero and Epyon.
prestongraff Posted April 16, 2003 Posted April 16, 2003 my favorite saga is G Gundam because they dont have to use those buttons and triggers. I think that your Gundam does what you do is better
G.D. Ryoko Posted April 17, 2003 Posted April 17, 2003 I am suprised they did not close this thred. I had a a thred like this a while ago but it was deleted. Anyway my favorite gundam saga is Mobile Suit Gundam wing.
Guest Musahi Posted April 20, 2003 Posted April 20, 2003 In the original thread I stated my favorite series was the [i]08th MS Team[/i], but my feelings on this have changed quite a bit since then. My current favorite is the newest Gundam series [i]Mobile Suit Gundam SEED[/i]. I have seen around half of the episodes released so far, and I am in love with the series. The mech designs are simply genius. The animation is the best in any Gundam series before, and I have fallen in love with Kira?s character. My second favorite series is the [I]08th MS Team[/I], mainly because I love the ending. A close third is [I]Mobile Report Gundam Wing[/I]. I fell in love with the different traits in the 5 pilots personalities. My favorite was Quatre, he blamed himself for everything and I could relate to that. The only character I didn?t think acted real at all was Heero. He was [I]very[/I] boring.
BlackDragon465 Posted April 28, 2003 Posted April 28, 2003 No matter how much people tell me that Gundam Wing is better than G Gundam is not in my opinion. G Gundam was the first serious I watched and my favorite of what I see from Gundam. I like the story best in G Gundam you can say because that is more my kinda taste then the rest of the Gundam series.
caffeinefreak5 Posted May 2, 2003 Posted May 2, 2003 gundam wing was the greatest (endless walts was great to watch)
WW2 Posted May 4, 2003 Posted May 4, 2003 I have to say I prefer the shortest gundam series. I really liked War in a Pocket, as well as 8th MS Team. I think these series had more complex, realistic, characters than others. But thats just my opinion.:D
DuoNDscythe Posted May 11, 2003 Author Posted May 11, 2003 I do believe the more complex characters are found in the shorter Gundam Series; however, the Gundam Wing series had so many deep messages that could only be assertained by watching it 8,000 times like myself. ;)
thewanderer Posted May 22, 2003 Posted May 22, 2003 gundam wing because it seems more in depth and the gundams don't look weird like in ggundam for example toro gundam
Jim_Hawking Posted May 29, 2003 Posted May 29, 2003 Geez, I know Wing was great, and while it is my favorite saga, I also happened to like 0083 Stardust Memory. Though I honestly can't tell ya why, just off the top of my head...
Domon Posted June 2, 2003 Posted June 2, 2003 The original gundam was my favorite hands down. I know the animation is kinda crappy but the plot line and the character development is without a doubt great. G-Gundam is good too, but after watching it over and over the perkiness is getting on my nerves. I want gloom and doom and destruction. I probably will love Victory gundam once it comes out, praying that the stupid english dubbers don't screw it up beyond belief.
Guest RoninDragon Posted June 2, 2003 Posted June 2, 2003 My favorite Gundam series is [i]Kido Senshi Gundam SEED[/i]. A friend of mine sent me the first episode over AIM about a month ago. I've been in love with the series ever since. So far I have seen around 2/3 of the released episodes. I actually started having feelings about the characters/orginizations. I absolutely love Kira, but I hate the [i]ZAFT[/i] orginization. The animation is brilliant, smooth, with vibrant colors. Plus, the mech designs are simply genious. Just check it out: [img]http://www.animedaisuki.net/images/anime-shows/gundamseed.jpg[/img] Thanks [i]Domon[/i].
Guest XBebop Posted June 8, 2003 Posted June 8, 2003 Good Ol' Mobile Suit Gundam. can't beat the original.
T man Posted June 9, 2003 Posted June 9, 2003 I say gundam wing and G gundam are the best because of the gundam and mobile suit fights.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now