OtakuBoards

Zelda: The Wind Waker Banners

Desbreko

[color=indigo]Right, instead of making a separate thread for each one that I make (I don't know how many there will be), I'm just going to use this thread to post them in. So, here are the ones I've made so far:

[img]http://www.angelfire.com/alt/desbreko/TheWindWaker.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.angelfire.com/alt/desbreko/KeepersOfTheForest.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.angelfire.com/alt/desbreko/KeepersOfTheSky.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.angelfire.com/alt/desbreko/KeepersOfTheSea.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.angelfire.com/alt/desbreko/HeroOfWinds.jpg[/img]

The first one I've had in my sig for quite a while and the second one I posted in another thread, but the second to last one I just made. I don't like it quite as much as the forest one, but I still think it's pretty good.[/color]

[color=ff00cc] [size=1]They're all really neat. ^^
My personal favorite has to be your current one. It's so bright and cheerful! The banners look so professional, and I think you did a great job on each of them!

I really hope to see more of your banners! They're all really neat! ^_^[/color] [/size]

Guest Chris
[color=green]the first one has the cropping thing(just fill in the white spots with black and it should be better) and 'the legend of' is a little hard to read.
the secong is good, but it's a little weird . . . maybe i need to see the game first.
the third is also good, but i don't like the font.
overall, they're all very good, but the first is the best.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ssj3 [/i]
[B][color=green](just fill in the white spots with black and it should be better)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Um...what white spots? The only white is in the background or on the pics of the Hero's Sword and the Wind Waker.

And yes, feel free to use them. If anyone likes one and wants to use it, go ahead, I don't mind.[/color]

[color=black][font=rockwell][size=1] Actually, I like the second best. The first one's too goody-goody for me, and the third's just so...plain (for lack of a better word there). Overall, you show talent.[/color][/size][/font]

• 2 weeks later...
[img]http://www.angelfire.com/alt/desbreko/KeepersOfTheSea.jpg[/img]

[color=indigo]As you can see, I made another one. (I also added it to my first post). I don't like it quite as much as the other three, but I think it turned out okay.[/color]

[b]Edit:[/b]
[color=seagreen]Yeah, I noticed it was a bit pixelated too, but I wasn't sure what to do about it. (It resulted from making the pic smaller). I tried using a different program to resize it, though, and it came out a little better. I replaced the old version of the banner, so it should look better now.[/color]

I know you fiddled with the character placement for some time, so I'm not touching that.

I think it's nifty how the merman/fishman looks like he is painting the words. HOWEVER, he looks a little too bitmappy/pixely. My only whine. Be proud.

You have got the most kick-donkey fonts around. Mesa like muchly, heh.

9/10.

EDIT
Looks better without the pixelation. Kudos! ^_^

[color=ff00cc] [size=1]I take that back. [i]That's[/i] my favorite one!

I love the font on that last one, since it blends in with the whole theme. I really like that fish on the far right, too. It's cute. ^ .^

9/10.[/color] [/size]

Jabun cute? Oooo, I've heard everything now. ^______^ Heh, he's actually quite enormous. Whale size. And, um, yeah, a guardian god, too. Go him. ^^;

I woulda preferred to see LaRuto in there, like I told you on AIM/YIM, Des, but you gave a sound reason. Beh. Heh.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Juuthena [/i]
[B][color=ff00cc] [size=1]I take that back. [i]That's[/i] my favorite one!

I love the font on that last one, since it blends in with the whole theme. I really like that fish on the far right, too. It's cute. ^ .^

9/10.[/color] [/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Heh, when I went to choose a font, that one was the last font I had used (on Kevin's banner, actually). So when it came up I was like, "Hey, that's perfect!" when I saw it, and I just went with it. I think it works pretty good with the rest of the banner, too. This was one of the few times where I didn't spend about 20 minutes to a half an hour just trying to find a good font and font colors. :cross:

And yeah, the reason I didn't put Laruto in there is because she's a sage of the Earth Temple. I don't know why, since she's a Zora, but whatever... (Personally, I think it'd make more sense if Laruto was the sage of the Wind Temple and Fado was the sage of the Earth Temple).

Hey, I just realized something. Except for the Forest one, I used the same background picture for all of the banners, just different parts of it at different sizes. Weird.[/color]

How [i]did[/i] you make/get the background for the Keepers of the Forest banner? That one's my favorite, and so is Makar! *huggles the little cutie*

I want to say you probably did something with the blur tool in PS, but I'll wait to hear what you say.

[color=#808080]I think 'breko uses PSP rather than Photoshop.

Anyway, I've noticed these banners on the boards here and there. They're all pretty good. ^_^

The first one is my least favourite. That's mainly because the cropped edges are not anti-aliased. And generally I'd say that it's really important to have edges that are as smooth as possible.

So for the first one, I'd give maybe 6.5/10.

Second one is a lot nicer; I like this one. The background is great and the characters look pretty smooth. Everything's blended together quite well. 8/10 for that one.

Third one...this one suffers from the problem in the first banner; non-smooth edges. For me, that really detracts from the banner. The font you've chosen is quite nice, but it also has very jagged/messy edges, which makes things look a bit uneasy. So I'd give this one 7/10.

And the fourth...this one's kinda in between for me. Some parts suffer from aliasing (most noteably the two fish), but your text is a [i]lot[/i] nicer and the composition is quite good. 8/10 for that one. ^_^[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B]How [i]did[/i] you make/get the background for the Keepers of the Forest banner? That one's my favorite, and so is Makar! *huggles the little cutie*

I want to say you probably did something with the blur tool in PS, but I'll wait to hear what you say. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Heh, I actually didn't make the background. (I use PSP7, not Photoshop, like James said). What it is, is just a background that I found quite a while ago while browsing the net.

I'll attach the file; it's actually not that big, and I ended up having to tile it for the banner.[/color]

[b]Edit:[/b]
[color=seagreen]Right, I made another banner. This one isn't a "Keepers" banner, though; this time it focuses on Link. In fact, the one and only picture that I used, besides the background, is of Link.

Because I only used one pic it's kind of on the simple side, especially compared to the other four banners in this thread, but I kind of like it because of its simplicity. I think it gives it a sort of fresh, clean look.

I added it to my first post, or you can take a look at it here:[/color]

[img]http://www.angelfire.com/alt/desbreko/HeroOfWinds.jpg[/img]