OtakuBoards

Rurouni Kenshin

Kinetic

[QUOTE=Nadeshiko]:catgirl: yup!!i sure do!!its a good series!!i havent watched the whole thing myself but i have seen some episodes and the first two volumes..just as a warning though,some of the filler episodes are boring!!later!!
Nadeshiko[/QUOTE]
Concerning the Filler Episodes:Basically ALL of the episodes of the anime after the Kyoto Arc are filler. They never made the Jinchuu Arc with the other anime episodes, so you have to read the manga to see the real story. I think the manga is better than the animation either way.
None of the last anime shows ever happened within Nobuhro Watsuki's original story. Note that I am not referring to the OVA's, but I think most of those had nothing to do with Watsuki-san's real story, either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=Queen Asuka][color=crimson][size=1]Aoshi isn't that great of a character and he [spoiler]dies early on anyway[/spoiler]...so yeah. And I DO NOT like Megumi, but I only think that's because she's all macking on Sanosuke, and I like him...

Okay, watch the end of Eva before you dog it, you strange little weirdo Aries, you....*points her finger at him!* J/k ;)[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

O-kay. so uh when does Aoshi [spoiler]'die'[/spoiler]? I haven't seen that yet. I saw all the episodes (until they cancelled it here) :animeangr :mad: :wigout: have all the books they have made into english so far.
Or does his [spoiler]popularity die[/spoiler]. I'm not sure. :animestun You're being too vague.
Anyway the series is awesme.I'm most familiar with the manga.Only b\c they cancelled the show last February. :crying: :animeangr :mad: :faint:

[INDENT][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]#1inuyashafan, I added spoiler tags to your post. Posting spoilers is rude and not permitted in the Anime Lounge. If you're quoting a post with spoilers, you should cover up those spoilers before submitting your post. [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=46199]Click here for more information on spoilers[/URL]. If you have any questions, PM me or any of the other mods. -Arvi[/SIZE][/COLOR][/INDENT]

• 6 months later...
[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]I have mixed feelings about the anime the manga and OVA Trust and Betrayal were fantastic. The anime just lacks what those two had.

Season 1-Introduced all the major characters and had a couple of memorable moments like kenshin vs Jin-e and Aoshi also Aoshi's men [spoiler] getting chanigunned to death was a great scene[/spoiler] other thsn that it flat out sucked like the Sumo wrestler episode , cannon girl, and pirate ones. Overall a 7.5

Season 2- Rocked to high heaven. It followed the manga closely and had great amounts of fights and character devlopment. Kenshin vs Saito, Sojuiro and then Shishio were nothing short of brillant fights. All the epsiodes in season 2 kept the series rolling and wasnt loaded with crap. A 9.0

Season 3- :animeangr Way to **** up an anime. After Season 2 ended they should have either stopped the anime or animated the Jinchuu arch(Enishi arch) into the series. Not the crappy job the OVA did covering the Enishi arch but the way the manga did it. It consisted of 95% filler with a crappy Chrisitanity arch thrown in to make it even worse. A total failure desrves nothing more than a 6.0 .

So I loved parts of Season 1 all of season 2 and despised season 3. So RK isnt an horrible anime but if it had followed the manga all the way to the end it would have been heaven for all RK fans.[/COLOR]

Guest gravesg
whaa Season 3 had it's moments...... wait ur right it did suck hell the damn thing was nothing but fillers (well a few eps i liked) but season 1 in my book was the best, i wish they;d bring it back to cartoon network

[color=#56995e][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Gravesq, please try and improve your first quality, shortning words by sayng "ur" is defined as spam here at otakuboards. Also remember periods are your friends, instead of using elipses try to stick one in a sentance or two. If you have any other questions feel free to Pm either myself or another staff member. ~Ikillion[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]