OtakuBoards

Rurouni Kenshin

Kinetic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Syk3 [/i]
[B]The anime has been very enjoyable so far; not my favorite, but good nonetheless. They've come up with some really good plotlines, when almost every episode is a new scenario, and it just amazes me to think that they could draw it all the way out to 95 episodes with so much detail in each episode. Some of the characters [i]do[/i] look a bit similar at times, but that is to be expected, and it doesn't happen that often.[/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, the series is great. Though, from what I've heard about Tales of the Meiji (the 3rd part, after Shishio is defeated) it isn't very good. Personally I like the Jinchuu Arc a lot, but that's only in the manga, and of course the manga hasn't been released in English. So the only way to know about that is to read somebody's manga translation online. -_____________-

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1][color=crimson] Yes I agree dvl I have not yet saw to where Himaru Kenshin fights Shisio or passed that for that matter. But what I have heard the "Tales of Meiji" is not that good to people. Maybe I will like it but I can't tell the future.[/color][/size]

Arcs? Tales? I'm not sure when one of these ends or begins, so you're going to have to tell me around what eps these eras are that are either good or not so good.

I recently watched episode 28, and it has to be one of my favorite episodes of the series now, if not my favorite. They finally go back to Kenshin's past, and while the individual-stories were fine, I've found that I really prefer personal story episodes the most, when it really gets into the plot. I've noticed that the ending theme has changed for the second time. Does this mean that it has become a new saga, or simple a new season?

I don't mind the dubbed version as much as some of you said. In the first place, I don't mind dubbing in general, and can't see why you wouldn't like that unless you have become accustomed to the voices or reading the subtitles. The two voices I can't stand, however, are the girl with the Southern accent, and the youngest of the little girls. I swear, that little girl is a pscho killer waiting to strike; her voice sounds like a kid's voice in some scary movie or something.

[color=crimson][size=1] Oh episode 26 is about the pirate being a girl correct? Any way I prefer the dubbed because I go to church I don't like cussing but I can let some slide. I can't believe cartoon network let Rurouni Kenshin have cussing in it. Like one time Sano said the D word. I dont want to spell it or anything. [/size][/color]

Whatever do you mean, they cuss PLENTY in the dubbed version. Sano, mostly, but Kenshin said the d-word once...that was kind of OOC...

As far as the Arcs go, that's the different parts of the manga. So I don't know what the first one was called, but then there was the Kyoto Arc, then the Memory Arc (this is basically a really LONG flashback to the Revolution), then the Jinchuu Arc.

And for the anime, there are 3 parts: Wandering Samurai, Legends of Kyoto, and Tales of the Meiji. I'm not sure of the episode number when Wandering Samurai ends, but Legends of Kyoto basically started when Saitou showed up for the first time. Then Legends of Kyoto lasts until episode #62, then it's Tales of the Meiji until the end. But Tales of the Meiji is basically filler for the Jinchuu Arc, because it was never animated. -____________________-

I think Samurai X (the OVA) is the animated version of the Memory Arc, somebody please tell me if I'm right, because I haven't seen it.

Yeah the "Tales of the Meiji" aren't as good as the other story arcs, but they're still good.

Oh, and the Jinchuu story was animated, well a short version of it, was. It can be seen in Samurai X: Reflection. In it we get to see the fight between Kenshin and Enishi. It's short, about 20 minutes, but its satisfying.

As for the Memory Arc, it is indeed the Samurai X OVA, which is, in my opinion, the best part of the series.:D

OK, the Jinchuu Arc was kind of LONG, and you're telling me they condensed it down to 20 minutes worth?!? Pathetic. Truly pathetic. And I bet they left out all the parts with Aoshi, didn't they. -_________________- Aoshi is my favorite character from any anime, and they can't even be bothered to show all the parts when he was a good guy...

Oh, I heard Samurai X was better than the rest of the series. A LOT of people have told me that. Which is why I will be buying it, next time I have any money. If for no other reason than to see Tomoe.

In Rurouni Kenshin Seisouhen parts of the Jinchuu arc are animated, but the real purpose of Seisouhen was to show the relationship between Kenshin and Karou in a new light and to wrap up the entire RK legacy. Seisouhen has a few reanimated fight scenes from the T.V. series mixed with some new stills, but it only contains a very small part of the Jinchuu arc --- mainly the fight between Kenshin and Enishi --- Many people are dissapointed in the Seisouhen OVA only becasue they fail to realize that Seisohen was never designed to make up for the never animated Jinchuu Arc it just takes the Rurouni Kenshin ending one step further than even the manga did x_X. Hope that clears stuff up.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hittokiri Zero [/i]
[B]...it just takes the Rurouni Kenshin ending one step further than even the manga did x_X.[/B][/QUOTE]

OK, I was following you right up until then. Then you lost me. I get the part about showing Kenshin and Kaoru's relationship in a new way, but how does animating only part of a perfectly good manga arc take the anime further than animating the WHOLE arc? *is completely lost*

Just wanted to point out RK is supposed to move to the 11PM timeslot tonight (according to TV Guide). I wonder if this means less edits for the upcoming shishio fight which will definetely be a good thing. 11PM was when Adult Swim started on Saturdays (and when it starts now) back in the day so who knows. It'll be interesting to see what they do tonight but then again, I could be hoping for too much.

Hmm, so they changed RK's timeslot again? Whatsupwithat?
If they keep changing it, then people won't know what time it'll be on, thus its ratings might drop. If this happens they might take it on CN completely!

Heh, I think I may be over-reacting.:D

Oh well, I'm still gonna watch tonight, even though I've already seen the episode. [spoiler]Its the final showdown with Soujiro, in which we get to learn the secret of the Amakakeru Ryu No Hirameki!![/spoiler]

This is really making me mad when they keep switching the shows around cause basically i am busy every Saturday night doing something and i have to tape it and this time i would have missed it if i hadn't seen this. Then i went and looked on the CN website under the schedule part and yes it does come on at 11pm now. I wish they would make up there minds already and just put it somewhere and keep it there!!!errrr.

• 1 month later...
I was thinking. . . wouldn't it be fun to laugh and laugh and maybe laugh a little bit more at the Kenshin characters at their peaks and valleys. I would say that one of my favorite Kenshin moments is the one in the very very beginning episode. . . hehehe. . . where Kaoru jumps out at Kenshin whacks him real hard for being who he is. . . the Battosai. . . then takes his sword after hearing him say that he's not. That was what got me hooked on the series in the first place. . . but back to the thread. . .

That is very hard a question it is, but the following comes to mind it does...

when Kenshin introduces Megumi and Kaoru starts ruthelessly whacking him over the head with the wooden sword. Then Megumi says what a violent girl...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

I tried posting this morning but, saddly it didn't post unless a mod deleted it :-/

but, I have to say my favorite moment is when........

Saitho(sp) is fighting sano with his barehands.

at that moment sano realizes he can't win because saitho uses a bare hand gatsu.

That's way too hard to figure out. Hm. I guess when Sano was battling the fallen monk guy (I forgot his name). Sano could only do that strong move with his right hand while the fallen monk could do that move with his entire body. I find it sort of sad to say that Sano was definitely at a disadvantage. It's really unfair that he couldn't truly master it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=hotpink][size=1]I didn't delete anything.

And if you guys want this thread to keep going, please put more info in your posts. Say why it's your favorite or describe it in more detail. ANYTHING![/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm sorry asuka, I didn't actually think you deleted it. I moreless figured the computers at school had died on me :-/

Another moment that deserves a memory...

Anji vs Sano, sano is beating anji and anji stomps his feet showing his whole body has mastered the force break!

I enjoied it because sano was shocked but so serious.

For me, it is when Shishio is expecting Kenshin is dead but when the leaves start to react and i saw kenshin and the other "came back from the dead" i was like shouting "Yeah Kenshin you're the MAN" I am really amazed at that moment because at first they say that battousai is invincible and after that episode i bacame a believer!!!!

[COLOR=limegreen]One of my favorite Rurouni Kenshin moments is after Shisho dies and Cho was telling them what happen to the rest of the Ten Blades and its shows Hoji down in hell and Shishio walks up to him with Yumi and says to him to hurry up, he had plans to take over hell and asks Hoji is has seen Usi, Man that guys is tuff i mean he just won't quite[/COLOR]

This ones easy...remember when Aoshi promises Kenshin that they will once again fight? They finally meet up after the events of the Kannryu estate and duel...with Aoshi's new double kodachi technique...and Kenshin's strongest move of the Hiten Mitsurugi style of swordsmanship...in the end...[spoiler]the battousai...err...actually...the wanderer was victorious[/spoiler]...but during the fight...Kenshin finally makes Aoshi realize that he was wrong...and awakens him to his normal self...Aoshi no longer remained the way he was...cold...emotionless...seemingly not human...

Guest InuyashasLover
hmmm......I think, well, I dunno, there were some good ones and bad ones, but...the one I remember is Sanosuke getting lost on his way to Kyoto and he's Punching down trees...that was wild ^_^