OtakuBoards

Rurouni Kenshin

Kinetic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lone Bebop [/i]
[B][COLOR=limegreen]One of my favorite Rurouni Kenshin moments is after Shisho dies and Cho was telling them what happen to the rest of the Ten Blades and its shows Hoji down in hell and Shishio walks up to him with Yumi and says to him to hurry up, he had plans to take over hell and asks Hoji is has seen Usi, Man that guys is tuff i mean he just won't quite[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree, that scene was HOT. Just read my sig. Very nicely done.

I also love the part after the fight with Saito and Kenshin. Saito decides to pay the assasin guy a visit. The assasin is talking to his boss about Okubo. He decides to go to China. Suddenly Saito is in the doorway. He says he knows someplace safer than China... "its called Hell" [spoiler]he cuts the dudes head clean off. As he walks toward the boss you see the head.[/spoiler]. He walks toward the boss and[spoiler] cuts him down[/spoiler] He then says a wolf is a wolf, shinsengumi is shinsengumi, and a hitokiri is a hitokiri, right battousi?

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say one of the best moments is during the Saito/Kenshin fight at the dojo.
I really liked it when[spoiler] Kenshin and Saito lost their swords, and just kept on fighting.
It was just cool to see the two of them to keep goin' at it, weaponless. [/spoiler]
It really showed each one's determination to kill the other, no matter what.

I also really liked the scene [spoiler] where Kenshin used the double Amakakeru Ryu No Hirameki on Shishio.
Sure the first swing missed, but the second on connected, and sent Shishio flyin'.[/spoiler]

those are all great ones, but one of my favorite parts was when Kauru got kidnapped by the samuri guy who was wanting to fight kenshin, because he wanted to prove himself better than him. and while they were fighting, kenshin's eyes turned ember, and he came really close to become the battosai again. that was great.

I actually have to favourite moments, one in one of the Samurai X movies (something about the Meiji (sp?) revolution) and in that one is where after that guy who was also a great swordsman was shot by one of his 'allies' and kenshins hair starts glowing and he nearly kills the man, going as far as turning the sharp edge of his sword forward, but he stops himself at the last minute, but hits the guy really hard^_^. The Rurouni Kenshin fave is actually the first scene, where Kaoru runs after kenshin, and he does a cool jump...right into a barterers stand (not sure what it was) it was halarious, even more so in the Manga version^_^. She was like 'This is the legendary batousai who killed so many people?' she looks at him and is like 'no'. Funny when you read it^_^.

I consider myself to be at least moderately well-versed in yaoi fanfiction, especially where Rurouni Kenshin is concerned; I've sampled nearly everything, from intensely adorable Kenshin/Sanosuke fluff to abstruse and improbable Sanosuke/Saito lemon. In all my rambles through ff.net and related sites, however, not once have I come across Katsuhiro (Tsunan) Tsukioka, Sanosuke's childhood war comerade. If anyone were to cross the best-friend boundary into romance, I would expect it to be these two, and yet I've only glimpsed faint traces of such. Why is this? Is there something I should know about either of the characters before writing a fanfiction about them? Please, enlighten me, if you would.

• 1 month later...
As you all know, I'm a [b] BIG [/b]Rurouni Kenshin fan. So, naturally, I purchased Tales of the Meiji for X-Mas. My only question is this: WHAT DID I BUY??? (I don't wanna know the plot, for obvious reasons, but just a little background info. Like; When does this take place, how many more 'Tales' are there, etc.) :worried: PLEASE NO SPOILERS.:worried:

Dearie if im right and you purchased Tales of the Meiji that occured after the Kyoto arc ...well youve are now offically a victim of big company moneymaking crap..what happend was everything up till then was following the manga...but then the manga lagged a bit and the anime couldnt follow it as well what they shouldve done was wait for the manga a bit, but no..since kenshin was so popular at that time they continued it making up new "tales" to stall for time..it kinda backfired on them considering the new "tales" were so bad that they show was cancelled and the best arc of the whol RK story the Jinchuu-arc never made it to television..sad ne?? but also if you see Samurai X ,the ovas that is, BUY THEM they are AWSOME the art the story..the everthing..they contain some of the jinchuu story..the one calle dTrust and Betrayal is the story of Kenshin's past and REflection is of his future..they are REALLy wonderful

[color=teal]Let me try to expand on the Rurouni Kenshin anime aspect what Verykawaiineko was saying.

Basically, the anime series itself can been split into three parts: Wandering Samurai, Legend of Kyoto, and Tales of the Meiji. I'm not sure how others can tell what part the series is in, but on my DVDs, one of the three appears under the title 'Rurouni Kenshin' after the opening theme. The OVAs are completely seperate, and include the Rurouni Kenshin movie, Trust, Betrayal, and Reflections.

Wandering Samurai is the first third of the series, and does its job in introducing the characters and showing you Kenshin's ability. They are pretty good episdes, and throw the newly created gang into a bunch of semi-random battles and story lines.

Legend of Kyoto is where the series gets personal, and derives from what happened in Kyoto during the time of the revolution. Many enemies and rivals of Kenshin's during the rise of the Meiji era come back to inact revenge on Kenshin, which I believe is by far the best third of the series. It's also the only time in the series where the episodes are completely continuous, like you would find on Dragonball Z.

Tales of the Meiji isn't very widely known of among those who watch their anime exclusively on TV. Cartoon Network stoped airing "new" Kenshin episodes after the Legend of Kyoto, which is easy to accept as the end of the series anyway. It takes place after the scurmish in Kyoto, obviously, and its purpose is to show the increasing romance between Kenshin and Kaoru. Like the first part of the series, it relies on the random story-lines that are..not exactly on par as the rest of the series. Most likely it's due to the fact that it's stuff we've already seen before, and with 95 episodes, it's difficult to keep everything interesting.

Still, it's my second favorite anime series. I'm sure you'll like it, even though buying the Legend of Kyoto may have been the better choice. ^_^ I can't say that I've read the manga, however, so my comment on translation is blank on that.[/color]

Hah! You actually bought that!
Hahahaha:laugh:

Heh, I'm just kidding 'Tales of the Meiji' is a pretty good story arc, just not as good as the previous 2. Maybe its because it deviates from the manga.

The main highlight of the arc is towards the beginning, [spoiler]the Son Of God story[/spoiler], while the rest is just a bunch of different short stories.

All in all its not a bad buy, especially if you're a RK fan like me. I already bought the entire series a while back, before CN started showing it.:D

The truth is it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. If your a diehard Kenshin fan it won't make a difference, if you didn't like Kenshin but made it this far (then why the hell would you buy this in the first place?) your going to hate it and stress on the negatives. But then again if your just your casual Kenshin Gumi fan you'll actually probaby find a great deal of enjoyment in watching thisd -_+. *wanders off... pfft... I had no idea that's what they named it in the U.S. release I should really keep more in touch with stateside anime instead of always following/watching the shiznet in Japan...*

The Tales of the Meiji wasn't that bad. I loved the whole thing with Shogo Amakusa because it was just so cool! I don't want to give anything away so I'll just say to those who have seen it, didn't Kenshin look so cool with his eyes like that? (Probably no one understood that...) I liked the part when Yutaro came back too. Can't remember what happened with that though... I think I fell asleep again...

Lots of drama with the Shogo Amakusa thing though. I stayed up all night watching it because I couldn't just leave off at one part.

I guess the Tales of the Meiji were better than I was expecting. A few of my friends who were die-hard kenshin fans told me this is the worst trash ever and it's just sad to see the story end this way. I started watching the arc expecting it to be bad but the eps winded up being higher than my low expectations (which doesn't say too much). I found the "Christian Arc" in the Tales of Meiji quite enjoyable and the rest of the episodes were decent at best. The final eps of the show were starting to get a little redundant but it ended up alright.

I still would much rather have preferred the tv company to have waited and animated the jinchuu arc instead which would have been a much better end to this wonderful tale. Everyone look out for volumes 18 to 26 (i think those were the numbers) of Kenshin manga to catch up on the Jinchuu arc. Unfortunately, it'll be a few years till Viz releases them to the states. :(

[quote]A few of my friends who were die-hard kenshin fans told me this is the worst trash ever and it's just sad to see the story end this way[/quote]

Well even as far as the animation goes, this truly is not how it ends -_+. Rurouni Kenshin: Seisouhen (not sure of english name) takes the whole story one step further in what i thought was a little repetitive but nice, sweet, yet sad ending to the RK legacy =P. If you look up reviews for this you'll probably find a mix of good and bad ones I know some of the sites I have gone to have given it a 40%-60% grade while others have totally loved this and gone as far as giving it a 85%-92%. Anywa you might want to check that out now that you've officially finished watching the T.V. Series =). (Oh yes and welcome to the "I have watched all of the RK T.V. series club XD).

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kenshinsbabe [/i]
[B]Tales of the Meiji. . . I think that is when Kenshin first meets Kaoru and everything that we see in the Cartoon Network shown series is shown. [/B][/QUOTE]

The beginning part of the anime where Kenshin first meets Kaoru and so forth is called "The Wandering Samurai". The beginning part of the series where we meet the Kenshin group and they go one their adventures. The "Tales of the Meiji" occurs after the "Legend of Kyoto" and hasn't been shown on Cartoon Network yet. Don't know it'll be on as CN keeps re-airing the original eps.

I [i]just[/i] purchased the Samurai X reflection DVD, and was moved, literally, the the strongest river of tears I have ever encountered in my entire life. Sometimes you have more feelings for "characters" than you know. Anywho, this takes place AFTER all of that, and the Samurai X Director's Cut takes place BEFORE all of that, and I have a DVD of the "Wandering Samurai" series... the introduction of characters, from the first time he meets Kaoru (when she 'attacks' Shinta) until the fight he has with Sanosuke which is interrupted by Kaoru's caretaker/aid's granddaughters' appearance. :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by VP-Master [/i]
[B]The beginning part of the anime where Kenshin first meets Kaoru and so forth is called "The Wandering Samurai". The beginning part of the series where we meet the Kenshin group and they go one their adventures. The "Tales of the Meiji" occurs after the "Legend of Kyoto" and hasn't been shown on Cartoon Network yet. Don't know it'll be on as CN keeps re-airing the original eps. [/B][/QUOTE]

Sorry! I haven't been too updated on things like that for a while! but, I do know quite a bit about the characthers. Like, Kenshin's birthday is June 24(2 days before mine!*squeal*),just little things like that.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Leoko's_Koibito [/i]
[B]um...cookies... o_o;; [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Um...spam? >.<;; Please read the rules on post quality at the OtakuBoards Information Center if you do not want your future posts deleted. Thank you.[/color][/size]

[quote] just purchased the Samurai X reflection DVD, and was moved, literally, the the strongest river of tears I have ever encountered in my entire life. Sometimes you have more feelings for "characters" than you know. [/quote]

ahh i love that movie even though it was too squished together the second part had me sobbing for days. after watching it i had a new respect for kaoru shes so awsome...i wish that they would actually animate the whole Jinchuu arc instead of that lil bit in the second half of Seisouhen(samurai X reflection) where Enishi fights with Kenshin

Yes that would be very cool inded Verykawaiineko =O. But at the same time now that Seisouhen has been released if the entire Jinchuu Arc was animated I am not sure how i'd feel. RK has finally come to a complete close with no further ends to wrap up or paths to walk (unless you plan on starting a new series about Kenji, or Yahiko, or someone else, but then it would not BE "Rurouni [b]KENSHIN[/b]) it's for that reason that even though i'd like a animated Jinchuu arc at the same time I would dislike it because it could end up messing up and undoing all the great work that went into the end of the true ending of RK. But maybe possibly if all the same artists, storywriters and what not were gathered together and asked to create a animated Jinchuu Arc then possibly I could live with it =O. Although it still would go about in udoing a classic ending to a classic anime =\.