OtakuBoards

Rurouni Kenshin

Kinetic

[spoiler]Saitoh stopped and fought Usui while Kenshin and Sanosuke went on. Kenshin then stopped by a door on the way to Soujiro. Behind the door was Aoshi. Kenshin went in and they fought, ending in Kenshin using the ultimate attack of the Hiten Mitsurrugi(sp?) style.[/spoiler] Did you see this saturday's episode?

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh.. that ep.. i luv it.. u should see what happened.. ish not all that surprising but.. pretti cool.. :D...

gamemaster: [spoiler] r u talking about the Ama Kakeru Ryu no Hirameki or the Kuzu Ryu Sen?.. b-cuz if ur talking about the Kuzu Ryu Sen.. then i think that's right.. but not the other one.. if u ppl saw it in the english version.. i dunno how they called it.. but yea.. [/spoiler]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShinobiOfDeath [/i]
[B]gamemaster: [spoiler] r u talking about the Ama Kakeru Ryu no Hirameki or the Kuzu Ryu Sen?.. b-cuz if ur talking about the Kuzu Ryu Sen.. then i think that's right.. but not the other one.. if u ppl saw it in the english version.. i dunno how they called it.. but yea.. [/spoiler] [/B][/QUOTE]

Um Kenshin did use the [spoiler]Ama Kakeru Ryu no Hirameki against Aoshi, not the Kuzu Ryu Sen[/spoiler]. Luckily the english translation kepth the original names of the moves.

I don't know why u people are using the lines for the move names. But now, I must raise a question. How many of you have seen the Rurouni Kenshin movie? The voices were... intresting, I must say. And did you know that Legato from Trigun and Kenshin have the same voice actor? Ironic, isn't it? Well, after a whole series, two movies (one is being made in Japan right now) and a video game, you've got to let yourself go. And I say that with the upmost respect for Kenshin and the upmost loathing for Legato (though he is a hottie!!).

PS. Akuma took the movie back. *cries uncontrolably* I'm sorry for wasting you're time. NOT! I LUV wasting you're time. And now, I will take the RK movie back from her. Goodbye.

[color=hotpink][size=1]Please do not double post. Just go back and edit your original. *QA*[/color][/size]

Man Rurouni Kenshin is like my fav. show eva. But the thing is is that i almost missed Kenshin last week and i got so mad st myself cause i forgot and i kept reminding myself that dat to. They used to have it on weekdays, but then they had to put it for Saturdays. i hated when they did that.whateva. enough wit da mummble jummble. i g2g anyways.l8ta.

• 4 weeks later...
Whoa this page was about to be gone, so I decided to try and bring it back.

Well tonight on CN, the Soujiro/Kenshin fight began, which is, in my opinion, one of the best fights in the series.

But there was some serious editing in the flash back sequence with Senkaku. I guess showing blood flowing down a stream is a little too much.

I just wonder how they're gonna edit the next episode, the one that [spoiler]reveals Soujiro's abusive past, and how he met Shishio. That episode is kinda disturbing, so I'm sure CN will have to chop it up.[/spoiler] Hmm, I guess I'll just wait until next Saturday, to see how they edit it.:D

Which 4 episodes?

CN probably IS going to have to mutilate the episode with Soujirou a little bit. *grimace* But that's nothing, wait until they get to the fight with Shishio. They're going to KILL it. I mean, they even edited Yahiko vs. Henya, and there wasn't anything really wrong with that. It didn't make SENSE after what they did to it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]You guys should just buy the whole Kenshin series like I did and watch it in it's unedited form, original japanese dub with english subtitles [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah I know, I too own the entire series, including the OVA's and the movie. I mostly have the Multilingual DVD's and some VHS's.

I like unedited versions better because it doesn't try to censor the artists original work, thus we get to see it in its original format.

[size=1][color=crimson]Rurouni Kenshin is my favorite anime of all times. But I have missed about 5 episodes and I am so mad at my self. I am thinking of starting to record Rurouni Kenshin so I will have the show to watch over and over.[/size][/color]

Well, in order to record it CN would actually have to show it, wouldn't they? There are 95 episodes...so CN has shown maybe a little over half? They have a lot left.

I buy the DVDs. Much faster way of seeing it than waiting around for CN to show it. And then I can watch it whenever I want. The only problem with that is, they're kind of expensive. (Is it cheaper subtitled than dubbed?)

Guest Anime_Forever
I just saw the newest episode and it was awesome! I FINNALY got to see the Soujiro's past part which Ive been looking forward to, we find out th real reason Soujiro thinks Kenshin is wrong and we see one step short of Shukuchi. That was pure awesomeness.

*Heh, you don't have to buy all the episodes, just the really good ones.

Its best to have all the episodes up to the final battle with Shishio, mainly because the saga's after that one, aren't too good. They were mostly filler episodes, and anime only storylines, not covered in the manga.
And, even worse, Saito doesn't appear in any of them.

But if you're a die hard fan, like me, then save up your money.

*Now that I got that covered, I'd like to take this moment to coment about tonights episode on CN.
Like I had suspected, the episode was highly edited. But they still told the story correctly, so I have nothing to complain about.

:D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WW2 [/i]
[B] Its best to have all the episodes up to the final battle with Shishio, mainly because the saga's after that one, aren't too good. They were mostly filler episodes, and anime only storylines, not covered in the manga.
And, even worse, Saito doesn't appear in any of them.[/B][/QUOTE]

Saito's not in ANY of the Tales of the Meiji episodes?!? Good GRIEF. Curse whoever decided not to animate the Jinchuu Arc!

I forgot to watch RK last night...:sweat: Silly me...But I have the unedited version of it on DVD anyway. I just really wanted to see what they did to it.

[size=1][color=crimson] I wish I had all the episodes of Rurouni Kenshin cause it is my favorite anime. But the cheapest I fount was on e-bay for 120 bucks thats alot of money. Any way what episodes should I buy? Like number and all.[/size][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Aoshi Shinimori [/i]
[B][size=1][color=crimson] I wish I had all the episodes of Rurouni Kenshin cause it is my favorite anime. But the cheapest I fount was on e-bay for 120 bucks thats alot of money. Any way what episodes should I buy? Like number and all.[/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
You can get the series brand new dubbed/subbed on ANIMEniacs.com for 95, so that e-bay price isn't too good. The completely subbed version comes in three sets, while the dub/sub comes in two, and the sub is a tiny bit more expensive. They used to sell all of the OVAs and such in one set as well, but they took it off for some reason. I have the URL to it, but otherwise it's not in the listing, and it won't even let me purchase it.

I recently bought the series from there, myself, but I have yet to watch all 95 episodes of it. I'm on 25, the episode after [spoiler]Sanoske almost goes bad again when he is reunited with his "friend" from that old clan that he used to be in during the revolution.[/spoiler]

The anime has been very enjoyable so far; not my favorite, but good nonetheless. They've come up with some really good plotlines, when almost every episode is a new scenario, and it just amazes me to think that they could draw it all the way out to 95 episodes with so much detail in each episode. Some of the characters [i]do[/i] look a bit similar at times, but that is to be expected, and it doesn't happen that often.

So yeah, great series, but I have yet to watch all of it. I'll check back in once I did.

EDIT: Oh wait, forget what I said about the sub sets. They're selling out of them, and they don't even have any more of set 2/3. Better just avoid that if you want the series.

[size=1][color=crimson] Thank you Syk3. I appreciate you taking the time to post that any way. That episode of Rurouni Kenshin number 25 "The Scarlet Pirate : Kenshin & Kaoru, Torn Apart!" that was a great episode just wait till you see it! I just wish I could get the money but I dont know how....that is how to get the money to buy rurouni kenshin all the series.[/color][/size]