OtakuBoards

Rurouni Kenshin

Kinetic

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just went to google images and searched zanbatou and got this. At first, I wasn't sure if it really was a zanbatou but then I asked someone who knows a lot more about Japanese swords than I do and told that's indeed a real Zanbatou. Still unsure why Noshuribo Watsuki would use the same name for a completely different type of sword though.

Guest animefangirl
erm...don't some mideval (sp?) swords weigh 20-30 pounds?

the voice actor who did spike also did someone else in the series. i forget who though. (mainly because i forget to remember names O.o)

o.o Uncut versions are always better...

Then again, Kenshin's dubbed voice is pretty sweet...and about the swords? The best kind is the Japanese, trust me. European swords are all like, crappy and stuff, I've seen 'em in an armory.

[color=hotpink][size=1]Please do not double post. I have put your two posts together. Next time, please just edit your first. Thank you. *QA*[/color][/size]

So did anyone notice the voice actor who played faye is also the person playing the voice of the woman at shishio's side?

Also, did anyone notice the changes of artistic style during yesterdays episode?

Kenshin went into a rage and during that time he started screaming loudly and he was drawn in a style that showed large white eyes with no pupils.

That was sorta a suprise, but I liked seeing him get all pissed off like that.

Its sweet when kenshin losses himself and reverts to unrestrained use of his true power.

Anyway... back when ever I get to catch another episode...

Yeah that scene where Kenshin loses it against Chou is pretty cool. But [spoiler]I'm afraid to say that this is the last time he reverts back to the Battousai.[/spoiler]

Oh and Sejuro Hiko kicks so much a** that its not funny.:D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by shadowfire [/i]
[B]Hey, what's the name of that maroon haired, green lipped chick that's almost always by Shishio's side ? [/B][/QUOTE]

Her name is Ms. Yumi Komagata. She used to work in the red light district until Shishio took her under his wing.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Darkness Ruler [/i]
[B]The best kind is the Japanese, trust me. European swords are all like, crappy and stuff, I've seen 'em in an armory.[/B][/QUOTE]

Japanese swords are the best only because they are curved, while European sword are weaker because they are straight

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kiddy_phenil [/i]
[B]sounds to me like she's still working in the red light district if she likes shishio, god knows its not for his good looks.. [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't know why she is all puppy dog like with him because I think he is ugly and it is an eyesore every time I look at him. At least Aoshi is looks cool (compared to all the other bad guys) Probably she is just pretending to like him so that she has a permanent roof over her head along with food in her belly, or she is madly in love, who knows.

Yumi fell in love with Shishio because of his mind. Its like what they say, its whats on the inside that counts.

This becomes apparent later on in the final showdown with Shishio.

for his mind? hm.. have to watch further on (missin about the last two dvd's and up from what they showin on tv, i'm so *ahem* frugal....) i dunno, i woulda never seen her for that type, at this point i don't think shishio does either, as he's been saying, a girl will still love you so long as you have power..

You guys, this is REALLY IMPORTANT!!!!! I just received this from the website of [url]www.tvtome.com.[/url] They say that Rurouni Kenshin will no longer air after tomorrow. Oh I hope that's not true. Rurouni Kenshin is the only thing practically worth watching on Toonami. CN is probably taking it off, if this fact is true, because it is too violent or something. I dunno, what do you guys think?

[B][I]June 28, 2003

Kenshin will be relinquishing its 6:30 timeslot to Yu Yu Hakusho after July 4th. No news yet on when it'll come back.[/I][/B]

Aw that sucks. They can't stop showing RK now, they're about to get to the showdown with Shishio!

Sure the fights that follow are pretty violent, but they're some of the best ever animated!

What I don't get...*points to Justice League* why Justice League is on Toonami. It is just a remake of 1960's American cartoons and comics. It isn't an anime. I think that they should put YuYu Hakusho back on the 5 PM timeslot and never touch RK. (if the news that I found above are true) You never know

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Japan_86 [/i]
[B]What I don't get...*points to Justice League* why Justice League is on Toonami. It is just a remake of 1960's American cartoons and comics. It isn't an anime. [/B][/QUOTE] It isn't anime? Toonami isn't an anime block. Its an animation block, therefore they will show more than just anime. There reason Justice League is on is to promote there new season.
I also hate the fact that RK is going weekly on SVES. I suppose the reason is, is to get more viewers who watch RK on Toonami to watch it on SVES.