OtakuBoards

Rurouni Kenshin

Kinetic

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tachibana Ukyo [/i]
[B][font=verdana][size=1]hey how many eppys of rurouni kenshin are there[/font][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

There were 95 episodes of Rurouni Kenshin, and 2 different Samurai X OVAs. The first OVA was comprised of 4 episodes, while the second only had 2.

That means that there are 101 episodes in all, and I am proud to say I own the entire series.:D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kiddy_phenil [/i]
[B]there's like one or two more out just not overseas yet, its the very end of kenshin.. [/B][/QUOTE]

The very end of Kenshin? You must be talking about the two episode OVA,[spoiler] in which Kenshin dies at the end.[/spoiler]

If so, that was released by ADV, not too long ago under the name Samurai X: Reflections.:D

Hmmm, what was the name of the first episode they played of the second part of Rurouni Kenshin that started in June? (ack! was that confusing?)

to put it simple... what was the name of the episode after 'Girl Bandit' (may 2)?

Well, the episode after "Girl Bandit" is "The Conquered Village. These episodes have not yet been aired on CN, but should be shown next Monday and Tuesday.

Does that answer your question or are you refering to another episode?
:therock:

Thank you very, very much for bringing this thread back.

About a week ago I went to bring this back (with the new eps airing and all) but I noticed that the last person to have posted in it was me a long time ago.

So now I can post again, and for that I thank you.

However, what I wanted to post about was the new stuff on cn.

I mean, hot damn, that was some bad stuff man.

I was really excited to see the fight between kenshin and saito. (sp?)

Plus, during that fight it showed a side of the show that really hadn't been shown before.

With kenshins progression back to the batosai it showed an element of animation that really hadnt been seen yet.

The tones and shades of the coloring, along with the very style of the art itself all made for a new and wonderful experience.f

I gotta say, the episode where kenshin returned to being the batosai was probably the best ep to be shown yet and I can't wait for the rest of the series so I can see more of this stuff.

Dont get me wrong, the series in general is awesome, but the side of the show that was shown with that one specific fight... well that was just awesome.

It should also be noted that I was really disappointed to see this thread go for so long with no posting.

The new eps had been airing for a while before any one posted here and it really killed me not being able to post on this subject. (avoiding double post like a good member should)

So basically, thanks for bringing this back and showing your intrest.

And thanks for letting me talk about how excited I was after I saw the episode that went by just the other day.

I mean for real... that fight was awesome.

Hey Gotenks!
I personally beileve the Kenshin/Saito fight is the best in the entire RK series.

But if you liked that fight, wait until you see the ones that happen when he gets into Kyoto.
You get to see some really great fights in the Kyoto story arch. All leading up to one of the best swordfights ever animated:
Kenshin, [spoiler]Saito, Aoshi, and Sanosuke[/spoiler] VS. Makoto Shishio.

[spoiler]Just don't expect Kenshin to revert back into the Batousai.[/spoiler]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WW2 [/i]
[B]Hey Gotenks!
I personally beileve the Kenshin/Saito fight is the best in the entire RK series.

But if you liked that fight, wait until you see the ones that happen when he gets into Kyoto.
You get to see some really great fights in the Kyoto story arch. All leading up to one of the best swordfights ever animated:
Kenshin, [spoiler]Saito, Aoshi, and Sanosuke[/spoiler] VS. Makoto Shishio.

[spoiler]Just don't expect Kenshin to revert back into the Batousai.[/spoiler] [/B][/QUOTE]

[font=verdana][size=1]hehe the thing is that if you quote him you'll see what the spoiler is.[/font][/size]

[quote]There were 95 episodes of Rurouni Kenshin, and 2 different Samurai X OVAs. The first OVA was comprised of 4 episodes, while the second only had 2.[/quote]

And then there was the RK Movie :D. Which contary to popular belief wasn't completly horrible .

[quote]I gotta say, the episode where kenshin returned to being the batosai[/quote]

It's Battousai :|!!! It's amazing how people butcher these words... Probably not your fault though...

Apparently, and as I feel, FINALLY, the Manga of Rurouni Kenshin is being released in America via Shonen Jump! I think this is great, as it's more cost effective to buy so much manga all at once than to buy 'em all separately. And besides that, it's Rurouni FREAKING Kenshin!!! *ahem* Opinions?

I saw the ad for the RK manga in the latest Shonen Jump, and it says they won't be out until November.
But oh well, I can wait. I really want to read the full Jinchuu story arch, that they foolishly ommited in the anime.

On a side note, I don't think this thread belongs here. Someone should move it.
Then again I may be wrong:toothy:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hittokiri Zero [/i]
[B]It's Battousai :|!!! It's amazing how people butcher these words... Probably not your fault though... [/B][/QUOTE]

lol !:rolleyes:

Thanks for pointing that one out, I wasn't sure if you guys knew who I was talking about.

jk.

Also and more importantly, WW2, I have heard someone else say that very same thing about the saito/kenshin fight.

btw, its gokents not gotenks.

Unfortunatly I have been dealing with some of the real world stuff like work, so my time to watch kenshin has deminished greatly.

Im not gonna be buying anime anytime soon, so if you guys would like to talk about the more recent episodes in ways that are not expressed by episode summary pages, I would appreciate it.

I will probably come back tommorow after the episode is played. (its my day off to watch)

Hopefully someone will have posted by then...

bye

Im posting at the moment because of a thought I just had...

Is it me or is kenshin slowly growing more "vengful" throughout the series as time progresses?

I think kenshin is very much becoming more of an aggressive fighter.

Maybe its just due to the enemies he is facing in this more recent part of the series, but for some reason it just seems like kenshin is more aggressive than he was at the begining of the series.

What do you guys think?

On a different subject...

Has anyone noticed that the voice of shishio is that of spike from bebop?

Im pretty sure about it, although I cant really use any refferences besides my own collection of recordings and a good memory for voices.

I personally dont really like the fights all that much on Rurouni Kenshin. The show is obviously trying to be realistic, by not shooting balls of energy, charging up, and whatnot, but the way the mave...it's not human. No one can actaully move that fast.

Like the first fight agains Aoushi(sp?), when Aoushi went to do that one attack where he spins three times and slashes his sword while doing so...if you looked at the way he moved, he just kind of leaned to one side, then disapeared.... :therock: Or basically, whenever Kenshin attacks, he disapears and reapears. And when Senkaku(sp?) was actaully doing the same thing the way he was so fast... riiiight.

Oh well, I really like the dub, and the plot, and the swords.. :D Does anyone know if Sanosuke's huge sword, the Zanbatou or whatever, was a real sword? Would be pretty cool if it was.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hot Ice Hunter [/i]
[B] Does anyone know if Sanosuke's huge sword, the Zanbatou or whatever, was a real sword? Would be pretty cool if it was. [/B][/QUOTE]

The sword is completely ficticious. A sword like that would weight 20-30 pounds and thats too much weight for a an person to carry in real life just for a sword. The name Zanbatou, ,however, is the name of a real sword. Here's a picture of it:
[IMG]http://www.kamakuranet.ne.jp/~sankaido/parts/buki/japanese/zanbatou2.jpg[/IMG]

As you can see, it's quite different from Sanousuke's Zanbatou.