OtakuBoards

Rurouni Kenshin

Kinetic

Well I had to "be that guy," but this isn't a sub vs dub debate and that sort of thing always leads to useless arguments that always ruin the thread and end in closure...

So I just want to know from an informed member...

Will they be releasing new eps. for toonami any time soon?

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=teal]Though it may be annoying to some people that the episodes are rerun, it's actually quite useful in some instances. I mean, what if one day you had to cram at school and missed an episode that was totally revealing? Just for recapping purposes, at least.

Oh, and the dub isn't too bad, it being on daytime television now.[/color]

Man screw (sorry)cartoon network. Not only have they seriously edited Rurouni Kenshin, but also started rerunning the show when they reached the showdown with the supreme bad ***** Saito Hajime.(sorry)

You might ask yourself why they are rerunning the series already, while Media Blasters have already dubbed the entire series. I believe its because CN is still editing the Makoto Shishio saga. I can't wait to see how bad they screw up the final showdown between Kenshin and Shishio.(sorry)

Basically I wish CN had never bothered showing Rurouni Kenshin.:angry2:(sorry)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WW2 [/i]
[B]Man screw cartoon network. Not only have they seriously edited Rurouni Kenshin, but also started rerunning the show when they reached the showdown with the supreme bad ***** Saito Hajime.

You might ask yourself why they are rerunning the series already, while Media Blasters have already dubbed the entire series. I believe its because CN is still editing the Makoto Shishio saga. I can't wait to see how bad they screw up the final showdown between Kenshin and Shishio.

Basically I wish CN had never bothered showing Rurouni Kenshin.:angry2: [/B][/QUOTE]
Okay, that's [i]enough[/i]. Not only was your bashing of Cartoon Network completely immature, but it's been done a million times in the past, as has our request, as moderators, for it to stop. How many times must we tell you before it sinks in? If you open your eyes you'll see that CN is showing as much as they are allowed to show, within the limits of cable television. Bashing them and totally hating them won't have any effect at all; if you don't want to watch it, then don't, and buy your own $200 series so you can watch it yourself with all of your blood and cussing that you need for an anime to be a great show. If you wern't introduced to anime on Cartoon Network, then you are at least preaching your opinions to many of us who were.

That's is your final warning. One more slip and I'll personally see to it that you are gone.

Sorry! My bad. I didn't really know you took Cartoon Network bashing so sereously.
Oh, by the way I do own the entire series, and I do watch it uncut. I guess I should have kept my big mouth shut. Next time I'll keep my preaching to myself.
Sorry Cartoon Network, you know I still love you!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WW2 [/i]
[B]Oh, by the way I do own the entire series, and I can watch it uncut.[/B][/QUOTE]
I thought you might...it's a lot easier to pick out an anime's faults if you have something to directly compare it too. It really encourages someone to get angry at CN...I've seen it happen before on this very anime, the disease is quite bad. -__-

Guest vash7371
im new at this but i have seen all current CN episodes compared to the origional it sucks all it is the bare bone i want the meat of it all the gore

Kenshin is fun to watch, its funny\.
Ok time to get serious i have no prob with the dubbing or anything i mean cmon i was raised on kung-fu moviesso im used to it, the only prob i have is that there is a severe lack of violence i mean its kool but kids arent dumb i think they will get the drift if one minute a guy is holding a knife over his head and the next minute he's on the ground dying i mean cmon they (kids) can put 2 and 2 together and get that the guy stabbed himself so i say in my humble opinion that they should show more violence. thank you

[COLOR=purple]I love the show so much! I can't believe that he can go from being so silly, to being so serious....I like when he hit that man up into the ceiling....WITH HIS SWORD! A reversed blade sword.....amazing....[/COLOR] :eek: [COLOR=indigo]And to think...this serious killer is now a GOOFY wanderer....[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kiddy_phenil [/i]
[B]you know, why even bother having a blade on the other side, why not just a metal bar or something, he wouldn't have gotten stopped all those times for carrying a sword.. [/B][/QUOTE]

*Possible Spoiler*

There is a perfectly good reason why Kenshin uses the reverse blade sword. It was given to him by a legendary swordsmith,who was an old friend of his. When learning about Kenshin's mission to stop killing, he gave him the reverse blade sword in order to see if he could could keep his word.( Or something like that )

This is all revealed later in the series, after Kenshin's sword is broken.

Using a metal bar and using a sword is really, really different phenil... The sword is a deadly weapon because of its agility and strength, while a metal bar will only have brute strength :p

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
I'm personally a fan of Kenshin, however not of it's dubbed format. Over the little that has been shown on TV much of the story especially certain episodes have been toned down political issue wise to appease the general audience that watch toonami.

In short the dubbed format is very lackluster, however if any of you have a chance to watch the sub version please do so and compare the two. The scenes cut out or storylines altered in the dubbed format are amazing altered beyond belief. Once you go subbed you'll definitely not want to watch the dub version anymore.

I was also severly disappointed with the way Kenshin talks in the english version with comments like "That I am", "That it is", he sounds more like Forrest Gump then Kenshin when he starts speaking in those type of conotations. -___-

Funny my 1000th post, and I would of never thought it would be in a Kenshin topic.

I beleive the person doesn't know what they're talking about. I've seen all of Kenshin, including the OAVs, and the best Arc ever, The Jinchuu Arc, and the Cartoon Network dub of Kenshin is as good as they can get without showing too much blood. I'm kind of doubting if you've seen the original Kenshin.

[color=hotpink][size=1]Alright, Kenshingirl, apparently you didn't read the rules, but I'm glad you like the Otaku.

Just a few warnings:

1. Do not double post, much less triple post. They have to be deleted.

2. One word posts are not allowed.

3. If there is already a thread for a certain topic/subject, please post in that one. Here, I've merged your Kenshin thread into this already existing one.

I hope this helps and enjoy your stay here. :)

*QA*[/color][/size]

oh, sorry... I didn't know... ya know, I just signed up tonight... Shoulda read the rules... sorry... ok then hello fellow Rurouni Kenshin lovers! :)

I would really like an answer, if anybody doesn't mind. I would really appreciate knowing why it's called 'Rurouni Kenshin' and not 'Kenshin Himoru'... I mean, what does 'Rurouni' have to do with anything there, on that show? I don't get it!

Lost and very confused,

Kenshin girl

[color=hotpink][size=1]PLEASE do not double post. *QA*[/color][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for answering me, Metatron!!! I get it now. Thanks bunches!!

did anybody see tonight's episode on Toonami? *that's all i watch to see it.. idk what you lot do, but... w/e* I liked it. Poor Kenshin!!! I should be saying Poor Bad Dudes!! lol Kenshin's gonna whoop their asses! *am i allowed to swear?* haha anyway... i'm a freak! don't mind me! :p :tasty: (that face is cool)