OtakuBoards

Rurouni Kenshin

Kinetic

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, my first gripe with the rk on cn is now coming out.

Nothing as stupid or cheesy as the usual whining.

This is the real deal... a legit complaint about the way cn did an obvious error in the edit.

This last episode, something about the "rebirth of angi" had a moment where sano was down and about to pass out...

Kenshin walked over to hear sano explain he would catch up, and as he did so, it showed sano's face.

It had a small line of blood coming from his eye and the corner of his mouth. After about 2 seconds of it being there, it just dissappeared.

I dont care about them taking it away, I just care about the fact they couldnt even do it right...

If your gonna edit, atleast edit right.

All or none cn, all or none. lol.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GoKents [/i]
[B]Ok, my first gripe with the rk on cn is now coming out.

Nothing as stupid or cheesy as the usual whining.

This is the real deal... a legit complaint about the way cn did an obvious error in the edit.

This last episode, something about the "rebirth of angi" had a moment where sano was down and about to pass out...

Kenshin walked over to hear sano explain he would catch up, and as he did so, it showed sano's face.

It had a small line of blood coming from his eye and the corner of his mouth. After about 2 seconds of it being there, it just dissappeared.

I dont care about them taking it away, I just care about the fact they couldnt even do it right...

If your gonna edit, atleast edit right.

All or none cn, all or none. lol. [/B][/QUOTE]

Man someone beat me too it. How that was such bad editing i started laughing when i saw it. I mean it was so obvious that they should have just left it on his eye/mouth. Anyway though it wasnt even that bad i mean how horrible could it have been to keep it in there.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GoKents [/i]
[B]Whats sves stand for... a channel of sorts I assume?

[/B][/QUOTE]It stands for Saturday Video Entertainment System. Where I live it starts at 8:00 p.m on Cartoon Network. Its the block were .hack//sign, YYH, Samurai Jack and Pokemon/Yu-gi-oh air. RK will replace YYH on SVES at 10:30 I presume. See heres one of the scheduals for next week:

July 12th:
07:00 Hot Wheels Highway 35
07:30 He-Man
08:00 Samurai Jack
08:30 Transformers: Armada
09:00 X-Men: Evolution
09:30 Rurouni Kenshin
10:00 Jackie Chan Adventures
10:30 G-Gundam
11:00 Pokemon
11:30 Samurai Jack
12:00 .hack//SIGN
12:30 G.I. Joe
01:00 Batman: The Animated Series
01:30 Superman: The Animated Series

Ok, thanks, I just always called that the saturday night adult swim.

I gotta mention on that topic that I love the animated batman and superman episodes. (those are awesome)

I also loved how those two used to be in the "rising sun" hour.

It will be nice to see kenshin move to something and not just disappear like inuyasha did.

once a week is better than nothing, I guess.

I would still prefer to see the daily showings as usual.

Just so you all know, Kenshin moving to SVES is nothing more than a stunt to get the viewers from Toonami to SVES to get it ratings. Adult Swim is kicking major butt in the ratings while everything else seems to be falling behind. If you have the same crowds watching both blocks than you'd get good ratings. Therefore Kenshin will be back on Toonami in no time, possibly September.

If this theory pans out (which, it will. :-P) this means that Kenshin will [I]not[/I] get less cuts. Because Williams Street isn't going to two sets of editing within such a close period of time. They will be at the same level.
-Cyber

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cyber E. [/i]
[B]Just so you all know, Kenshin moving to SVES is nothing more than a stunt to get the viewers from Toonami to SVES to get it ratings. Adult Swim is kicking major butt in the ratings while everything else seems to be falling behind. If you have the same crowds watching both blocks than you'd get good ratings. Therefore Kenshin will be back on Toonami in no time, possibly September.

If this theory pans out (which, it will. :-P) this means that Kenshin will [I]not[/I] get less cuts. Because Williams Street isn't going to two sets of editing within such a close period of time. They will be at the same level.
-Cyber [/B][/QUOTE]

If they [I]were[/I] to put Kenshin back on Toonami in September, they would have shown about 13 episodes on SVES, leaving.... not to many. That would make them repeat Ruroni Kenshin over and over again (Like DBZ). That, after a while would get boring. But anyway, they should think about taking DBZ off of Toonami. All they're doing is wasting a half hour. Don't get me wrong, DBZ is a great show, but I think every one has seen each of the repeats al least 4 times. Toonami stands for Cartoon party in Jappanesse?

There are still around 40-50 episodes that have yet to air, but they aren't that far with the editing. I am just saying September because now that DBZ (their biggest player) is out of commission they are going to have to do some major stuff to replace it. They are even airing four 1-minute parts and one 11-minute part for their Total Immersion Event.

DBZ does need a long awaited rest, but starting this monday they are going back somewhere inbetween the Captain Ginyu/Freeza sagas (Again skipping the final episode) which hasn't been played for over a year. This is an odd move, especially given the odd episode placing. So something is up with that.

Also, once FUNimation redubs all Saban episodes, they will air every episode, no interuptions on Toonami. Once they reach the end, it'll likely leave Cartoon Network [I]a while[/I].
-Cyber

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cyber E. [/i]
[B]DBZ (their biggest player)
[/QUOTE]

yeah DBZ was/is their biggest player and I doubt they would take it off right now. grrrr. >:( why do they have to move Kenshin now?
I've only truly gotten into anime these past three years and only watched the international channel this past year. I've never see kenshin the whole time trough in Japanese or English. and I only have tv for this last week! :_( *sobs*. Stupid evilness! Why won't you set up the satellite dish? WHY? *runs off to cry until Big O*

Its not....that bad.:therock:

First off, if you've seen Rurouni Kenshin, you may be shocked by Samurai X.

Theres just alot of graphic,bloody sword slinging action. If you don't like seeing swords being pulled through peoples faces, and ninja's getting cut in half, Samurai X may not be for you.
Oh, and theres also a [spoiler]brutal slaughter[/spoiler] at the beginning.

Don't get me wrong, its not all blood and guts, theres also [spoiler] a gripping drama/tragic love story [/spoiler]that takes place. Its very well written and animated, I'll go as far as saying that it's compelling.

It would deffinately be a great addition to anyone's anime collection.

Yeah, it's pretty violent and bloody. I saw the first OVA and there's a lot of death. I didn't see any others so I don't know about [spoiler]Kenshin and Tomoe's relationship.[/spoiler] I agree with Dan Rugh, there are lots of ways to kill people with swords and also spears. And, to add to that, if someone has been stabbed and is not dead, their attacker is not satisfied to see them dying on the ground. No; they have to stab them again, preferably through the neck, and kill them for good. Plus, not only is there blood, but large amounts of it per person killed. If someone just gets stabbed through the chest, while the sword is still in them blood goes flying out every which way. I don't know if that's realistic or not; I've never killed anybody, lol. But what the hell, it's anime.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by maladjusted [/i]
[B][size=1] I'm fine with the violence, I was kinda worried about sex and stuff. O_o; Thanks for clearing that up. [/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

There is a very short, sensual scene [spoiler]between Kenshin and Tomoe[/spoiler], but it doesn't really show anything. Plus, during the scene you hear [spoiler]Tomoe's thoughts on their relationship[/spoiler], no heavy breathing or nothing. So, basically its just hinted that they did the horizontal polka.:D

Yeah! I saw Samori X: Betrayal
I was shocked becuase it seemed more realistic than RK. The sex stuff is no biggie, and boy is it bloody. Don't let younger siblings or your moms be around when you watch it. My mom thought it was too violent. (weird, she let me she "The Pianist." Weird o.O)
Anyways, I like it a lot. It was hard to understand at first, but, the reason probably was that I picked an episode in the the middle of the series.

Hahahahahaha! You gotta be kidding me!:laugh:

Ok this has nothing to do with Samurai X, but the Rurouni Kenshin episode that aired last night on Cartoon Network. The episode was "The Wolf Destroys the Shinga", in which [spoiler]Saito faced off against Usui.[/spoiler]

What makes me laugh was the ubsurd edit they did when [spoiler]Saito did his Zero Gattoutsu technique, in which his sword was supposed to pin Usui to the wall. But CN removed the sword entirely, and just had Usui stuck up on the wall, with no explanation on how he was pinned.[/spoiler]

I thought this was funny as hell, but it also upset me. But hey, I guess I understand why it had to be edited. I just hoped they would've done a better job of it.

:D

Hmm...Usui on a stick...sounds good.

That was a bad job of editing, but there wasn't really anything else they could do. At least there wasn't half a sword and little flecks of blood, lol.
I couldn't see the sword, but I just figured that's what happened.

The battle was too short, tho. It would have been better if they didn't do it one strike at at time.

*strike*talk*strike*talk*strike*insult*

I actually came back here because of seeing that episode.

I was just happy to see cn continue with the kyoto stuff and not go back to reruns as they do all to often.

However, I dont think I will get to see many of the coming eps... I've got what I like to call a job. A crappy one.
So saturday night at about 8 or 9 Im always at work... summer jobs always suck like that.

Yeah, it was short. But at least they kept the continuity fresh. And they also got the new Intro song "Sobakusu", which is alright. Are there any episodes after the Kyoto arc? (Please, no spoilers. Just yes or no, and how long. Spoilers make me angry, and you won't like me when I'm angry. RAAAARGH!) LOL

rurouni kenshin! for me its one of the best anime ever created(together with cowboy bebop^_^) it has a very great storyline(though the manga is much more better thanm the series),the animation becomes better as the story evolves,and the character also evolves along with the story and it has such a great soundtrack!

i love everything about rurouni kenshin! may it be the soundtrack,the manga,the series, OAVs and the movie!

its the best!