OtakuBoards

Rurouni Kenshin

Kinetic

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rorouni Kenshin s the freakin sweetest show in the freakin world. i know almost all there is to know about all of the seasons. If you have not seen it then you have not lived. You cannot call yourself an anime fan without having seen Rouroni kenshin. I'm telling you right now that if you have not seen it you must or i shall get very mad. You cannot resist Kenshin. He is freakin the coolest guy in the world ever. See it now.

Im happy that a lot of people like Rurouni Kensihin and I can understand because it is truly a great and awesome show. :catgirl: It has great art, the background music is awesome, storyline: great and the characters a flipping hilarious, especially Sano. :animesmil Ga Sukkida, Sano!! ^.< Of course, I love Kenshin because he is the kind of person that you always fall in love with over and over again. :animesmil :animeblus

• 1 month later...
Lets see here. I've seen the 1st 2 arcs and from what I've seen I was impressed... Actually I'll say I was addicted so to speak. The swordplay caught my eye and I. To be more precise, it was Kenshing vs Kurogasa.

I do feel some episodes could've been cut though. (I.e. The sumo episode) Everytime I look at the show I do tend to question Kenshin's concept of not killing. It sort of urks me too because he's trying not to kill people yet he's still using a sword. Even if the blade is on the other side it can still kill. (Hell, a wooden sword can kill) It's nothing major, I just think about it everytime I watch it.

This show is a favorite of mine but it's constantly dropping with all the animes I'm looking at now.

I do have a question though. I have not seen the other arc yet. The one that people say is bogus. My question is what makes it so bogus? Is it the fact that you're expecting to see the Revenge arc and you get that (I guess it's suppose to be a filler arc) or is it just not that great?

Oh yea... Forgot to give my favorite character. 2 people tie in for this spot. Makoto Shishio and Seijuro Hiko.

Shishio because he took down what was suppose to be the greatest fighters in Japan in a little less than 15 minutes.

Hiko because he is full of himself yet he is still laid back and made alot of sense.

I love Hiko....hes better than Kenshin is...thats why they didnt have him shown so much in the anime they didnt want him to steal the spot light ;)

Shishio..only beat them so quickly because he had all of his fighters tire out Kenshin so by the time he fought Kenshin he would be too slow to really cause any damage...shishio is still a cool character

[QUOTE]Everytime I look at the show I do tend to question Kenshin's concept of not killing. It sort of urks me too because he's trying not to kill people yet he's still using a sword. Even if the blade is on the other side it can still kill. (Hell, a wooden sword can kill) It's nothing major, I just think about it everytime I watch it.[/QUOTE]

^^^^
What do you want kenshin to use a paper fan? Hes a swordsman for the love of God. Hes the best swordsman so he can beat oppents without killing them.

Don't get what I'm saying twisted. It's just something I question everytime I watch it. I didn't say anything about taking his sword away from him. He's a master swordsman.... o....k..... I know about all of that. /sarcasm >_> (They're just thoughts that goes through my head....)

It's nothing to really blow your load over.

• 1 month later...
I recently started watching the Rurouni Kenshin episodes again, because I remember having watched some of it when I was young and I just needed to see it. ^^

I really do love it a lot though. The beginning was very slow and stuff, but the show really got worth all of my trouble getting it when the Kyoto Arc came around. It definitely was a great Arc, with lots of suspense. I couldn't wait to watch the next one every time! XD I even started slacking schoolwork because of it!

The filler eps are often boring though, and I wouldn't have loved Rurouni Kenshin half as much if it wasn't for the Kyoto Arc. Kaoru and Kenshin's relationship is painfully slow sometimes. Yesterday I watched episode 66 about Kenshin's 'Wedding Proposal'. I was looking forward to it because I hoped to get some real mush out of it, but it was just awfully disappointing! X.x

Despite that, there are a lot of things that are great about it. ^^ The characters are probably the best as well as some of the fights and suspense in it (Again Kyoto Arc). I also enjoyed the songs and the music a lot, even though the same musical pieces kept returning (Again Kyoto Arc).

My favourite character are:
[list]
[*]Shinomori Aoshi, because as an ally of Kenshin, he's a strong and honorable man. Not to mention sexy!
[*]Anji the Fallen Monk, for making me cry about his life's story so much. Evil!
[*]Makamachi Misao, for being a strong and happy Itachi Musume!
[*]Seta Soujiro, for being slightly psycho (I do know the definition of a psycho and he isn't one, but I couldn't find the lighter version of the word!). It's adorable XD!
[*]Yumi, for just being a fun and beautiful young woman who can handle Shishio.
[*]Shura, for being a female pirate! Respect!
[/list]

Favourite Pairings:
[list]
[*]Aoshi x Misao - I know there are much reasons why this pairing isn't plausible, but I find there are enough plausible reasons for them being a pairing as well. x3 Reading fanfiction about these two makes me feel like a fairy tale princess on the love drug. Pure kawaiiness.
[*]Saitou x Misao - Pure and utter love crack. I prefer the short but ever so passionate romance. XD
[*]Soujiro x Misao - They make the cute couple of this list. x3 This pairing would be pure and utter mush together.
[*]Yumi x Shishio - They truely did love each other in one way or the other. The kiss they shared was breathtaking!
[*]Kaoru x Kenshin - Soooo canon, that's why you just have to like it I guess. XD It's cute!
[*]Kenshin x Tomoe - Angsty but so gentle at the same time! ^^
[/list]

[QUOTE=Byakuya]Don't get what I'm saying twisted. It's just something I question everytime I watch it. I didn't say anything about taking his sword away from him. He's a master swordsman.... o....k..... I know about all of that. /sarcasm >_> (They're just thoughts that goes through my head....)

It's nothing to really blow your load over.[/QUOTE]

Dont worry about. In the end however Kenshin does give up his sword(see Samurai X Reflection)

ok I watched the whole series for 2 whole days! I heard such great news about it... hahaha.. talk about no sleep :animestun is that all? The ending I mean.. I was hoping for a better ending.. does the book have a different ending?

I love it the whole series! Its funny, has its own moments.. the ending just caught me off guard.. :animedepr

[QUOTE=flames]ok I watched the whole series for 2 whole days! I heard such great news about it... hahaha.. talk about no sleep :animestun is that all? The ending I mean.. I was hoping for a better ending.. does the book have a different ending?

I love it the whole series! Its funny, has its own moments.. the ending just caught me off guard.. :animedepr[/QUOTE]

The ending is Samurai X Reflection. Defintly check it out as well as Trust and Betrayal(keep in mind its bloody).

thank you for the info.. I'll definitely find that.. :catgirl: so its two different endings? Samurai X Reflections, and Trust & Betrayal? wow!!!

Ok my fav.. character is Misao she's always happy, I'd enjoy to have a friend like her! She'd probably make my everyday life interesting.

Then there's Aoshi, very mysterious and sexy :animeblus in his own quiet way.

I was looking forward for Kenshin and Kaoru. Especially the episode when Kenshin "supposedly" proposed. After I finished the whole series, I sat back and asked myself, "is Kenshin gay? :animeangr "

One of my chat friends told me that there was a movie about Kenshin's past, that he had a wife/gf :animeswea sorf thing and the how he fought during the revolution and the reason why he fought. He doesn't remember the title though. Does anyone know? He said maybe thats why Kenshin doesn't really want to get together with Kaoru coz he's still inlove with that other woman/girl :animeangr .

[quote name='flames']One of my chat friends told me that there was a movie about Kenshin's past, that he had a wife/gf :animeswea sorf thing and the how he fought during the revolution and the reason why he fought. He doesn't remember the title though. Does anyone know? He said maybe thats why Kenshin doesn't really want to get together with Kaoru coz he's still inlove with that other woman/girl :animeangr .[/quote]

Sorry if I confused you Reflection is the end Trust and Betrayal is the begining. Your friend is refeing to Trust and Betrayl(best movie ever).T&B shows Kenshins life as Battsaoi.Beautiful animation, great plot, insane action this movie has everything. Recently both movies were released for $35 so theres no excuse to miss them. Finally watch T&B first that way Reflection will make alot more sense.
Hope this helps.

I just saw Reflection/Seiho Hen yesterday evening. It was so sad! Although I found Trust and Betrayal better as a flowing story and with characters. The characters here are less worked out but that's probably because most of the things shown are already known thanks to the TV series.

It was really strange though, it seemed like this OVA and the TV series were two different products. I had a hard time getting past the differences between the two. The last half hour was devestating though. And I enjoyed Sanosuke a lot too, his new looks are so grungy! XD

[B]Is there a difference between Samurai X and Rurouni Kenshin? Because I could swear I saw a Samurai X episode when I was young, but now I'm rewatching the series I still haven't found it.[/B]

[quote name='Renate][B']Is there a difference between Samurai X and Rurouni Kenshin? Because I could swear I saw a Samurai X episode when I was young, but now I'm rewatching the series I still haven't found it.[/B][/quote]

[COLOR=Red]Samurai X is before and after Rurouni Kenshin[/COLOR]. Im not sure what you saw thoguh you sure it was Samurai X? Im not saying your wrong but I dont think it was aired on television. Unless you saw the DVD somewhere. Hope that helps

[quote name='Ramen_Mido][COLOR=Red]Samurai X is before and after Rurouni Kenshin[/COLOR']. Im not sure what you saw thoguh you sure it was Samurai X? Im not saying your wrong but I dont think it was aired on television. Unless you saw the DVD somewhere. Hope that helps[/quote]
I'm completely sure it was called that way, and has aired on Belgium TV. I remember well that Kenshin and the gang were in it! O.o But perhaps I was mistaking anyway and it was another anime after all. I remember an episode in which Kenshin was wandering again I think and saved an entire village (Which was not in the Kyoto saga because he was on his own.). I also remember one scene from another episode (probably earlier) in which the whole gang is standing by a river.

^^; I don't know if that's of much help, but I'm quite sure it aired here.

[QUOTE=Renate]I'm completely sure it was called that way, and has aired on Belgium TV. I remember well that Kenshin and the gang were in it! O.o But perhaps I was mistaking anyway and it was another anime after all. I remember an episode in which Kenshin was wandering again I think and saved an entire village (Which was not in the Kyoto saga because he was on his own.). I also remember one scene from another episode (probably earlier) in which the whole gang is standing by a river.

^^; I don't know if that's of much help, but I'm quite sure it aired here.[/QUOTE]

I can safely say none of the parts you metioned are in Trust and Betrayal. Possibly Reflection. I havent watched it in a while so Ill get back to you on it.

Guest sosoChan
YAY, Ruroni kenshin is the best, I'm soo obssesed with tis Anime, but unfortantly, I haven't seen the whole anime. :animecry:

• 1 month later...
Reflection isn't the true ending of the series. The manga's ending was never animated, thus leaving the series open. There is in fact, an ending episode to the anime that's never been seen in America. It's called the Memorial episode and is episode 97. It is a more fitting ending than Reflection because the spirit of the episode is in keeping with the manga.

• 2 weeks later...
Kenshin saying "That it is" in the dub is an indirect translation of "de gozaru yo", which means something like "that it is" or "so says this unworthy one".

I preferred Dick Hayworth to the Japanese actor. C'mon, a [b]girl[/b]? Give me a break. Kenshin may be small and wussy-looking, but he should still sound like a guy!

The clumsiness thing is really irritating. The anime version of his character is rather degraded from the original story. I guess they felt the need to put in stupid comedy.

Seisouhen is no more canon than the third season.

Aww, I liked Kenshin's voice in the Japanses version. He looks young, he sounds young. I didn't think he sounded like a girl. And in anime they use lots of girls to play the voices of younger men.

Dick Hayworth was pretty cool though. I love the outtakes from the Kyoto Arc. when he spouted off about Shishio's sword being soaked in Soilant Green I just about DIED laughing.

And I bet there won't be more than five people who even know what Soilant Green is...De gozaru yo...

Out of curiosity, do people normally call him Dick Hayworth, or is that some kind of affectionate nickname?

Anyway, I liked the Kenshin dub quite a bit, but there's nothing especially unusual about a woman voicing the lead character in this type of series (as thezerosystem said). In fact, I have to admit that I love hearing female seiyuu in similar roles.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Kinetic][color=royalblue]
I just yesterday started watching this series, and have seen the first two episodes...and I have to say it is hillarious! I already like the setting more than evangelion. I really like the comedy level too. Anyone share my views?
[/color][/QUOTE]
:catgirl: yup!!i sure do!!its a good series!!i havent watched the whole thing myself but i have seen some episodes and the first two volumes..just as a warning though,some of the filler episodes are boring!!later!!
Nadeshiko