OtakuBoards

All members, please read.

Transtic Nerve

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]Nostradamus said alot of cool and freaky stuff, but none of it was about this. End of story.

Oh, here's another pic I found... People are getting a bit Out of hand, I think... [/B][/QUOTE]

Hahaha I know... we had this whole disgussion on the fakeness of that pic... it's the middle of summer! He's wearing winter clothes... that was the first thing that game it away... alsoa whole buncha others.. it's just terribly fake...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]Leave it up to the republicans to say something stupid like that.... hahaha

Don't you just love Politics :) [/B][/QUOTE]

my mother is a conservative republican politician (i won't say what kind, since i'm not allowed to affiliate myself w/ her anymore--wouldn't be good for her image) & also a member of the christian coalition. it took me a long time to get over the brainwashing of politics. i've met governors, senators, even both george bushes and bill clinton. they all acted the exact same way--shook my hand & smiled & tried to flatter me. if you ask me, all politicians are the same (with VERY few exceptions) & i don't care for either major party. i don't even vote anymore, b/c i never agree w/ either one.
but i think the tragedy might help unify the parties for once.

what do you mean by the brainwashing of politics? politics in general? i try to stay politically active in school and my community and such, but i feel like im the only teenager interested in protesting and the like. if i could vote i don't think i would.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Navi [/i]
[B]what do you mean by the brainwashing of politics? politics in general? i try to stay politically active in school and my community and such, but i feel like im the only teenager interested in protesting and the like. if i could vote i don't think i would. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, even I, who attempts to stay political in some shape or form, can say Politics can be corruptive... you play the people basically, and you make the people believe what you want them to so that you can be elected, then change what you are doing, so technically that is brainwash in some sort of manner. Take Geroge Bush Sr..... he specifically said in his campain, "No New Taxes"... then what did he do after he was elected? Made new taxes... well not right after but he did... he went against what he campained for, made the people believe what the wanted to hear to get votes....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]Nostradamus said alot of cool and freaky stuff, but none of it was about this. End of story.

Oh, here's another pic I found... People are getting a bit Out of hand, I think... [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, very out of hand. And you can tell that's fake a mile away...

what i mean is, politics can make people do things they wouldn't normally do. take my mom. before she became a politician she was a government school teacher & actively involved in community service. she loved teaching the kids & helping people. now it's all about power, image, & money. also, when she had me, she was determined that i become a conservative republican. she told me alot of things & twisted them around to make the republicans look right & the democrats wrong. she really despises the democrats. it's like they're at war. she made me join young repubs even though i didn't want to. she dragged me to all these benefits so i could make political connections early. i found out why later on when i overheard her telling her friend (another politician) that she was grooming me to be president. i used the word brainwashed b/c that's how i feel about it now. but hearing that really woke me up. there's no way i'd ever want to be a politician, i realized.

sorry i've gone on for so long, this is a touchy subject for me. you really can't imagine the pressure.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]what i mean is, politics can make people do things they wouldn't normally do. take my mom. before she became a politician she was a government school teacher & actively involved in community service. she loved teaching the kids & helping people. now it's all about power, image, & money. also, when she had me, she was determined that i become a conservative republican. she told me alot of things & twisted them around to make the republicans look right & the democrats wrong. she really despises the democrats. it's like they're at war. she made me join young repubs even though i didn't want to. she dragged me to all these benefits so i could make political connections early. i found out why later on when i overheard her telling her friend (another politician) that she was grooming me to be president. i used the word brainwashed b/c that's how i feel about it now. but hearing that really woke me up. there's no way i'd ever want to be a politician, i realized.

sorry i've gone on for so long, this is a touchy subject for me. you really can't imagine the pressure. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well proove your mom right, but do it in your own way. Become president, and be the best d@mn president this countries ever had! I may not know you well, but I can tell you are strong in your views and from what you sent me in that PM, we think similar, and I would vote for you in a split second :) Become president, but do it your own way and with your views... show her that just because she thinks it's right doesn't mean it always is.

My mom and I are the only ones into politics.. I'm a registered democrat and she's an Independant. However, just because I'm a democrat doesn't mean I'll vote for a democrat. In fact, if I could have voted in the last election, I would have voted McCain in the primaries and i would have stuck with him the whole way... he's a republican and I think he's **** good at what he does.... I didn't like Gore and I didn't like the other guy (whos name I can't remember)... I guess to be a good voter, you have to open to all sides, and not just to the side you belong to. Whats good for one person,is not always whats good for the country in a whole.

there's no way i could ever become president b/c i have possession charges. it was kind of ironic b/c it was my dad that called the police when he searched my room and found things. my mom was totally furious b/c he'd ruined everything. plus, i've been in & out of detox & i'm sure some reporter would find out & plaster it all over the news.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]there's no way i could ever become president b/c i have possession charges. it was kind of ironic b/c it was my dad that called the police when he searched my room and found things. my mom was totally furious b/c he'd ruined everything. plus, i've been in & out of detox & i'm sure some reporter would find out & plaster it all over the news. [/B][/QUOTE]

Ahh... well you could always get a pardon from some future president :p

Drugs didn't stop Mr Clinton or Dumbass in office now hahahaha

I could be the first gay president, but with all the changes I would try to make, I'd probably be shot and killed... so I don't think I'll do that.... hell I'd probably try to be assinated just because I would be gay and running for president....

I still can't wait for the day a woman and/or a non-white man/woman becomes president.... perhaps they'll show what America can be like......

you're right about that, it's always been old white lawyers. now that's truly not fair representation.
i think it'll be awhile before someone gay or female is elected pres. something about the times...too many stereotypes. but if you want to run, i'll be on your secret service & protect you, i can kick anyone's @ss! of course, we'd have the christian coalition to deal with...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

Ahh... well you could always get a pardon from some future president :p

Drugs didn't stop Mr Clinton or Dumbass in office now hahahaha

I could be the first gay president, but with all the changes I would try to make, I'd probably be shot and killed... so I don't think I'll do that.... hell I'd probably try to be assinated just because I would be gay and running for president....

I still can't wait for the day a woman and/or a non-white man/woman becomes president.... perhaps they'll show what America can be like...... [/B][/QUOTE]

ill have to agree...... most definitely ... when the US can actually deal with another president being a different race, ill be very surprised and thats when u'll know ......US can work together and be actually together as equal as one.....

I ONLY KNOW CERTAIN PARTS OF THE SONG
WHATS GOIN IN THE WROLD TODAY I HAVE TO GO BACK AND TURN MY HEAD AWAY.
FATHER , VERYONE THINKS WERE WRONG.
MY OMMA TRYNA PLEASE MY BABY, MY CHILD AINT DONE NOTHIN WRONG.
BTW, Like what Transtic was saying would be the same probably for a african-american,muslim,buddhist,hindu, hmm sad Gaundi would make a great president and peace leader
Like what Geroge washingmachine said
"Divided we fall"
United we satnd"

• 2 weeks later...