OtakuBoards

All members, please read.

Transtic Nerve

I am quite aware the state of the country of the United States of America, and countries around the free world, are in shock about the current terrorist attacks. And that these countries are in their "revenge mood" if you will.

Despite all this, I really think we need to move on with our lives... Any topic that states ANYTHING about "We Might be going to war" or "What do you think of the terrorist attacks" or whatever associated in the type will be closed/deleted...

Yes it's sad, yes it's horrible that so many lives have been lost, but it happens.... It's part of the cycle we call life. It's happened before, it's been WORSE. WWII cost the Russians MILLIONS of lives... the few thousand (still unsure of that number) lost in the terrorist attack on the 11th of the month is NOTHING compared to that. This is mearly a shock because it happened on home soil... and we as Americans are not used to that. No war was fought here except the Revolutionary War, the French and Indian War, and the Civil War... maybe a few other inbetween, but the Civil war was the last and that was in 1860... OVER 100 years ago.. we simply aren't used to this and thus it is why it's a big shock.

But like I said, it's over with... let us move on with our lives... those effected most, pray, mourn, cry, do what you need to do, but do it to yourself and/or with the family.

This may sound harsh and rude, but the topics here are getting ridiculously repetitive.... and above all they could scare people... NO ONE know whats going on in DC with the President... and untill anything happens, we need not speak about it... talk to your friends on AIM, talk to your parents, but don't post the things we already know. If people want to know what happened, they will watch the news... I don't think somethign like this should be the primary digussion on an ANIME board. If you want to continue to talk about, there are numerous topics still out for you to respond in... Do it there.... thats all I ask and I'm sure some will agree...

Arigatou Gozaimasu (Thank you very much) for your understanding....

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you too Transic Nerve, but let's pray there wont be a WWIII, although Nostradamus, who predicted the first and second world wars, said:

"In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb"
"The third big war will begin when the big city is burning".

Strange

:confused:

Also that dude said this other thing. When i asked my friend ( Alan who knows everything, we call him and gets strait A's) He says this is a revised and newer addition to what was really said. But more or less, it was right. I m talking about how Nostrodamus (sp.?) said that 2 metal birds would collide into 2 metal statues.

[color=deeppink]Transtic, I agree with you for the most part because of the fact that all of the threads started to sound the same, but I also think we need to be very sensitive to others' feelings. Now, I think that you [i]are[/i] showing that sensitivity, but another thing to take into consideration is the age of these Boards. Some members are younger...at the age where this stuff is confusing, and so they probably want answers.

So I'll continue Transtic's very good point with saying we're not being insensitive to your pain, merely trying to keep the Boards tidy. Discuss all of your thoughts in one or two posts, not five or six :)[/color]

People are afraid and terrified of a quote from a man that is not only dead, but rather hit and miss with his sayings at that.

Whereas people refuse to believe there is a God, when I continually see what I consider evidence of his existance (well.... either that or I'm just [i]really[/i] lucky, even though I prayed for those exact things to happen).

I don't want to turn this into a religious debate but I did want to point that out. So I don't really suggest you respond, just take it into consideration. But it's a free country and you're all open to express your own opinions so go I ahead. I probably won't respond though.

I do think it would be wiser to worry about an eternity in hell than an earthly war, however.

everything transtic said I completely agree with, we should all get on with our lives, I mean all I've been getting ever since the incident are questions from morons about the attacks, they think just because I come from the middle east, namely iraq, that I would know all the answers, how pathetic is that....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]everything transtic said I completely agree with, we should all get on with our lives, I mean all I've been getting ever since the incident are questions from morons about the attacks, they think just because I come from the middle east, namely iraq, that I would know all the answers, how pathetic is that.... [/B][/QUOTE]

About as pathetic as my classmates telling me off about my German backround because of the Holocaust...

People just don't get it....

*sigh* thanx for the history lesson there...-.- i think it is a big deal, and since this is a general discussion people should have the right to talk about this to get different points of view, just talking to friends and family isnt enough because it has an effect on the whole nation. and so on bla bla bla bla bla!!!! But since people with higher authority like to demand things, sure..whatever i really could care less.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by TOPAZ [/i]
[B]*sigh* thanx for the history lesson there...-.- i think it is a big deal, and since this is a general discussion people should have the right to talk about this to get different points of view, just talking to friends and family isnt enough because it has an effect on the whole nation. and so on bla bla bla bla bla!!!! But since people with higher authority like to demand things, sure..whatever i really could care less. [/B][/QUOTE]

10 points for TOPAZ

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by TOPAZ [/i]
[B]*sigh* thanx for the history lesson there...-.- i think it is a big deal, and since this is a general discussion people should have the right to talk about this to get different points of view, just talking to friends and family isnt enough because it has an effect on the whole nation. and so on bla bla bla bla bla!!!! But since people with higher authority like to demand things, sure..whatever i really could care less. [/B][/QUOTE]

You're welcome for the history lesson...

You're right it IS a big deal... but this is also an ANIME board... there are plenty of other boards where you can make countless topics repeating the same thing over and over... You want to know what happened, you can go to cnn.com or simply turn on the TV....

If I were demanding that the people stop talking about it I would close/delete the existing topic.... You don't need 8,000 topics to disguss one heading... there are 5 or 6 already out there, use them to talk about it... this sticky post mearly says to not make any new posts.... and it CLEARLY states that you can continue talking about it in the topics already existing... it's not my fault you're too lazy to look in them....

You don't need a message board to mourn in... you have famliy and friends, thats why they are there.... message boards are for disgussing things, which you can, in topics that exist... no use in flooding an anime board with topics about the WTC....

And thanks for being rude.... it shows your maturity.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ~*Anime Girl*~ [/i]
[B]I agree with you too Transic Nerve, but let's pray there wont be a WWIII, although Nostradamus, who predicted the first and second world wars, said:

"In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb"
"The third big war will begin when the big city is burning".

Strange

:confused: [/B][/QUOTE]

It was proven that Nostradamus did [I]not[/I] say that.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by CottemonRuki [/i]
[B] Actually... I dun want my kittyz to die. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Hah...er, I guess that's not so funny...because that's exactly what I do when there's a tornado warning or a really bad storm...I always say "Where's Chloe? Where's Chloe?" Making sure that my Princess Kitty is always safe by my side :love: :D[/color]