OtakuBoards

What songs remind you of anime/manga things?

wiccansamurai

the song "Bring me to life" always reminded me of Kira and rei from the Mars manga, cuz they are both hurting so much, and they hafta save eachother from problems that are emotional, and kira kinda died inside after she was raped by her stepfather, while rei "Woke" her "up inside":p

I can always picture Offspring songs for Anime. My friend and I have made Dragon Ball Z music videos, and with all the action, Offspring was the obvious choice. My favorite was when we made one that was alot of Brolly fighting to Staring at the Sun.

[color=ff00cc] [size=1]'Working for Vacation' by Cibo Matto reminds me of almost any bright moment in bishojo anime. ^_^; It's really cute and bouncy, and it always reminds me of characters running down the street.

'Hello' by Evanescence reminds me of Julia from Cowboy Bebop. The flavor of the song seems to fit Juila's personality alot, since it feels kinda cold, distant, and mysterious all in one.

Also, 'Girl's Not Grey' by AFI reminds me alot of Trunks from DragonBallZ. The whole rhythem seems to fit his style alot.

(I think this thread belongs in the Anime Lounge...)[/color] [/size]

[FONT=arial]the song Crawling by Linkin Park reminds me of mirai Trunks from DBZ. I first heard the song in this awesome music video about all the crap mirai Trunks had gone through in the series, so from that point on I've always thought about Trunks every time I hear it.

on a weirder note, a song called I Fell Asleep On My Arm that the Aquabats did reminds me of Akito off of Nadesico. why? simply because every time the singer yells 'I fell asleep on my aaaaaarm!' in the chorus, I can picture Akito yelling it for some reason. ahhh....good song, that ^_^.[/FONT]

This one song by Creg David "You Don't Miss Your Water" reminds me of anime for some reason, the piano always makes me think of someone crying in the rain. This Song by the Gorillaz "Left Hand Suzuki Method" always makes me thnk of Trigun for some reason.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amibasuki [/i]
[B][FONT=arial]the song Crawling by Linkin Park reminds me of mirai Trunks from DBZ. I first heard the song in this awesome music video about all the crap mirai Trunks had gone through in the series, so from that point on I've always thought about Trunks every time I hear it.[/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]

:D I have seen soooo many videos and songfics using mirai trunks and 'Crawling'. That and 'In The End'... not that I'm complaining, in fact, I agree. Other than that, nope, nota one. :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Juuthena [/i]
[B][size=1]
Also, 'Girl's Not Grey' by AFI reminds me alot of Trunks from DragonBallZ. The whole rhythem seems to fit his style alot.
[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

If you've ever seen the video for "Girl's Not Grey" there is actually a girl that wears an anime mask and runs around with a Pokemon-esque creature. Very strange, but I love it. :p

Mentioning AFI, you reminded me of another song from "Sing the Sorrow" (great album) called "Paper Airplanes (Makeshift Wings)." It also reminds me of anime for some reason. Check out the lyrics [color=blue] [URL=http://www.plyrics.com/lyrics/afi/paperairplanesmakeshiftwings.html]here[/URL][/color]. I can't think of a specific anime that it relates to, maybe Trigun, but just anime in general. Any thoughts?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dragonstar [/i]
[B]:D I have seen soooo many videos and songfics using mirai trunks and 'Crawling'. That and 'In The End'... not that I'm complaining, in fact, I agree. Other than that, nope, nota one. :D [/B][/QUOTE]
[FONT=arial]heh, that's true. DBZ and Linkin Park seem to go hand in hand for some reason *bleH*. the music video I saw was off of a site called Temple O' Trunks (*tells mods* not trying to advertise, just trying to give descriptive information). I'm willing to bet you my left foot that out of all the others it's the best one ever made.....well, that's not really saying much, but even compared to non-DBZ music videos it's one of my all-time favorites ^_^.[/FONT]

"I Can't Live if Living is Without You" by Nilsson always reminds me of Vash and Meryl when Vash leaves having explained everything. Theres a Mariah Carey version, but its just not the same.......

Hallelujah Chorus definately Evangelion and Canon by Johann Pachelbell too.

the song that reminds me dbz is shade of green by freek on a leash.

as well as the song trip to the moon by renaror reminds me of trigun.

[color=hotpink][size=1]PLEASE, put more effort into your post and do NOT double post. It is against the rules. Please also state why you have your opinion, so that it may possibly lead to more conversation. *QA*[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wiccansamurai [/i]
[B] rei "Woke" her "up inside":p [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes he did.....especially in volume ten...........

Well actually the song 3 libras by a perfect circle reminds me of shinji. Not sure why, it just does and then the lyrics eyes of a fallen angel (kaoru or however you spell it)

Tabmow brought one to my attention, Shot through the Heart by Bon Jovi for InuYasha. Well for obvious reasons.

Santa Monica by Savage Garden reminds me of Boogiepop Phantom, just seems so drolling.

Singular Indestructible Droid by papa roach reminds me of vegeta. It fits him PERFECTLY.

of course vegeta rocker would have "read" MARS 10 I personally would never read something like that..... Hmmmmm... maybe a MARS10-Pokeman crossover "Pica-Pica"

As for music reminding you of Anime things
"Crazy about you" for Yurika's persuit of Akito in Nadesico.

Any of the Micheal Jackson stuff for Subaru in Tokyo Babylon ( I'm sorry Subaru reminds me of Micheal Jackson- sorry vegeta rocker)

"California Girls" for Love Hina

"Don't Worry Be Happy" for Boogie Pop Phantom ??????

I don't know why but ever since it was used in the american version of the Tekken movie, "Save Yourself" by Stabbing Westward has always reminded me of anime.
Also, after seeing the video, "The Girls Not Grey" by AFI brings about thoughts of different anime.

Sometimes when I'm watching anime such as DBZ, I mute my TV and play the songs, and oddly enought the lyrics match up with the characters' lip movements.
I know its sad and a waste of time, but hey I'm bored sometimes.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by tabmow [/i]
[B]of course vegeta rocker would have "read" MARS 10 I personally would never read something like that..... Hmmmmm... maybe a MARS10-Pokeman crossover "Pica-Pica"

As for music reminding you of Anime things
"Crazy about you" for Yurika's persuit of Akito in Nadesico.

Any of the Micheal Jackson stuff for Subaru in Tokyo Babylon ( I'm sorry Subaru reminds me of Micheal Jackson- sorry vegeta rocker)

"California Girls" for Love Hina

"Don't Worry Be Happy" for Boogie Pop Phantom ?????? [/B][/QUOTE]

For Yurika's chasing of Akito something more like Stupid Girl by Cold would work.

Subaru DOES NOT look like Michael jackson. Just because he wears leather and gloves and....and......aghghg bite me!

And speaking of Mars 10 what loser pervert would scan it?

(back on topic)

I have actually thought of some more.

Everybody hurts by REM, Walk on by U2,Far away by Stabbing Westward, Sometimes by Ours, and Across the universe by rufus wainwright for Shinji.

A lot of sad songs work for Shinji.......the poor dude.

And ww2 i mute the tv also. I have the x soundtrack and sometimes when i watch the movie i mute it and the music matches up unusually well.

[COLOR=darkblue]Well, bring me to life reminds me of Sailor Moon when Serena always dies and Darien brings her back to life. It's cute...The background of Bring Me To Life reminds me so much of Big O....uumm..I miss you reminds me of Sailor Moon, too...uumm..I can't think of ne other songs...but that's about it so far...[/COLOR] ;) :p :smooch:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by vegeta rocker [/i]

And speaking of Mars 10 what loser pervert would scan it?

[/B][/QUOTE]
why are we insulting Mars? (if its about the whole sex scene, that stuff isnt that big off a deal in Japan, u should know that!)

im trying to think of sumthing that reminds me of vampire princess miyo but....