OtakuBoards

Divorce Court: Worst Anime Couples!

MillieFan

I'll admit, my first thought was of Relena & Hiiro from GW. (Subtract three points for complete lack of originality.) But after seeing--and being completely intimidated by--the perpetual arguements on the subject, I'm going to traverse a somewhatless beaten (and pothole-ridden) path.

I really can't see much of a future for Kamui Shiro and Kotori Monou of X/1999, literally. In a tale where the end of the world is the inevitable 'happy ending', the sweet optimist with latent super-duper powers and childhood attatchments to the presumed saviour of the World is not only slightly out of place, but also incredibly irritating (signified buy the fact that she was [spoiler]offed not once but several times throughout the series/movie, [/spoiler]or so I've heard.) For his part, Mr. Messiah has similar naiivete, and is smitten with her just as badly as she is with him in the introduction of the story, but more capable than she of accepting the change forced by circumstance. [spoiler] That is to say, he lives to see beyond Volume 9. [/spoiler] Within the context of the plot, it is inevitable that they will mature at different speeds [spoiler] (this is rather obvious, seeing as she's too busy shuffling off her pink and sparkly mortal coil to do anything but provide Kamui with angst and abandonment issues... But I digress yet again.)[/spoiler], thus making them incompatible.

Plus, her elder brother's tedious little habit of stalking Kamui and trapping him in compromising positions to lick blood from his neck might make dinnertime conversation a bit awkward. (Which it would have been anyway, seeing as she's [spoiler] tiringly dull. What, you thought that I was going to say dead? What a one track mind you have.[/spoiler])

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rouge, my love']5. Kagome should be with me! END OF DISSCUSSION!!![/quote]

[B][COLOR=YellowGreen]Bagh!!Take her! No one wants her! :rolleyes: I call dibs on Inuyasha!!!!!!!!! :p [/COLOR] [/B]

[QUOTE]2. Joey is a lazy slob, Mai is very neat: See how that works out
3. Joey is annoying...and too herioice for Mai....[/QUOTE]

[B][COLOR=YellowGreen]But Joey's so sweet and innocent!!! With his annoying little attitude and acting like a hero! So kawaii! :)

~vanna~[/COLOR][/B]

[QUOTE=DeathBug]I'm going to take so much heat for this, but...Serena and Darrien from Sailor Moon.

I'm sorry, but I can't stand Darrien, and he got even more annoying when he was with Serena; after they became an item, he lost all personality traits. (Tuxedo Bland, anyone?)

Besides, the thought that Serena, who made googly eyes over every boy she ever met would only have one boyfriend, and be satisfied with that, is wierd.[/QUOTE]

[color=teal]I couldn't agree more. I just don't like them two as a whole.

Darien is well, (lack of words) I just don't like him, for some reason he gives me the feeling that he thinks he's better than everyone, because he's smarter? I don't know, I barely watched the show.

Serena is just plain dumb. I'm sorry, but come on. Sure she's sailor moon but who wants a heroine who thinks about food most of the time and is even less intellegent than her younger sister (erm.. daughter?). Its pretty sad.

I think that Keiko and Yusuke are a bad match. I love the show but I don't think that was a match made in heaven.

Keiko naggs. I don't like people who nag. Okay, she's worried about Yusuke but he's beaten up demons, do you really think he needs a babysitter? She always tells him to go to school and yada yada. Well, he never will keep going to school even if you make him go some days. He is never going to like it so why don't you give it up.

Besides, Yusuke is too cocky for her. He's always running and getting into fights. Maybe their 'relationship' would work better if she had like a tracking device.[/color]

For ones who don't like Releena and Heero as a couple, I've got to agree with you, I can't stand Releena shes too much into her peace crap. I suppose she means well but shes far too annoying!!! Heero should of killed her!!! By the way talking about annoying Releena...I met a girl called Releena and man...she was truely annoying, I tried running away from her but no matter which shop i went into she was always there smiling and staring at me damn i hate that...I don't know but it must have something to do with the name!!!

Guest Fairybells
I just find the relationship between InuYasha and Kikyou [B]TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE.[/B] I mean, they had a break-up and everything all because this guy called Naraku kind of put them off 50 years ago, and they knew it some 50 years later. So WHY CAN'T THEY MAKE UP ALREADY?! You'd at least expect them to be friends. Kikyou actually crosses between evil baboon Naraku's and InuYasha's sides now. IT'S CONFUSING. She says she vows to kill Naraku, and she says she wnats to ring the life out of her ex-boyfriend. I just TOTALLY don't get that. So that's my opinion. *gulps down water* Phew!

[quote name='CelinaR][FONT=Arial][COLOR=Magenta]yamato/sora of digimon[/COLOR][/FONT'] :flaming:[/quote]

Welcome to OtakuBoards, CelinaR. ^_^

I strongly advise you to read the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?][u]Rules[/u][/url] before posting again. One-word replies are strictly forbidden at this forum. By a similar token, any post which does not consist of one or more coherently written complete sentences will be identified as spam and immediately deleted. In threads like these, it's important to justify your choices and to explain what made you select them. This encourages the discussion to continue thriving.

If you have any questions, you're welcome to private message me or one of the other moderators. Thanks!

~Dagger~

[quote name='Davethestampede']However I do find humor in the two lesbian salior scouts. lol[/quote]

[color=darkviolet]You really should get out more. How the hell are Lesbians humorous?

Okay anyways I would like to say that it would be hilarious to watch ChibiUsa and Shippo try to make a go of it.

Come on who hasn't thought of it? They're both hyper at times, the youngest (debateably) of they're respective groups and there are probably anti-shippo websites out there.

However, Shippo is still somewhat cute where as ChibiUsa is just so not cute. And while Shippo is a demon, ChibiUsa is devil spawn.

My guess is one would probably destroy the other with an obscene amount of uber kawaiiness. Or they'd try to knock the other person off either with their attacks or their groups. I can just picture Shippo telling InuYasha that ChibiUsa has a shard of the Shikon no tama and she's calling it the silver crystal. Sayonara ChibiUsa! :laugh: [/color]

[QUOTE=WW2]How can some of you not like the relationship between Kenshin and Kaouru?!!!:wow:

Have you seen the last chapter of the series, Samurai X: Reflection? It shows you how deep their relationship goes, and how dramatic it is truely is.

If anybody should be voted worse couple, it should be Heero Yui and Relena. In fact most all of the Gundam Wing relationships suck.

But thats just my opinion:D[/QUOTE]
I know! How can Kenshin and Kaoru be a mismatch?! To you all that thinks kaoru and kenshin are mismatch ur wrong! I thought they were the perfect couple because kenshin needs someone who's bright and always smiles by his side... :love:
[IMG]http://www.trinitycross.net/rkwindow/gallery/ova08.jpg[/IMG]
I believe Hiro and Relena got to be the worst couple...how can hiro even like that annoying girl!? :laugh:
Secondly it got to be sailor moon and her prince charming...my gosh! what a mismathch... :flaming:

Man the worst fanfiction couple I've heard of is Jaken and Rin from Inuyasha. :sick:

That wrinkly nasty smelling toad with that care-free girl thats got to give you the willies!!*runs toward the bathroom*

[QUOTE=VicT-chan]Man the worst fanfiction couple I've heard of is Jaken and Rin from Inuyasha. :sick:

That wrinkly nasty smelling toad with that care-free girl thats got to give you the willies!!*runs toward the bathroom*[/QUOTE]
EWWWWWWWWW...........! :mad: that [I]is[/I] a mistmatch! I mean, a toad! a TOAD!! how the heck does a woman goes insane for a toad?!

[quote name='Wasabi']The worst couple would have to be...Kenshin and Kaoru. I really don't think they are meant for each other. People that's just my opinion, no hard feelings...[/quote]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]How can ANY BODY HATES KENSHIN AND KAORU!!! They got to be the most perfect couples!!! r u insane!!!!!!! i think that they are the perfect couples because there's the opposite about them....a man with dark past and a woman with a fun childhood....OKAY!!! Tell me reason why you ppl who are against this couple.....?! PLEZZ.....[/COLOR] :mad: :devil: *sigh* finally....

[color=#503f86]As many replies as this thread is getting, I feel it ought to be closed now. Not only was the original over a year old when it was revived, the replies in it since on the whole have been pretty average, and a lot have even been below that. I apologise to those who were doing their best to create intelligent discussion, but roundabout arguments about Kaoru and Kenshin that go nowhere really aren't worth keeping up.

Thread closed.[/color]