OtakuBoards

Divorce Court: Worst Anime Couples!

MillieFan

(inspired by the Lover's Lane thread)

What are, in your opinion, the worst couples in anime (either original or fan pairings)?

I'd say Vash and Meryl from Trigun and Cloud and Tifa from FFVII would be at the top of my list of worst anime couples. I mean, they're both just such mismatches. A runner up would be Zidane and Dagger from FFIX: that relationship was *too* good-and obsessive.

So? What anime couples do you think are the worst, the most stupidly mismatched, or just absolutely sickening?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

worst- I'd say Kenshin ad Kaoru. I mean, they're sorta not a couple, and then they sorta are, but In my opinion Kaoru just needs to die. There. I've said it.Yay!
stupidly mismatched- Hm... I dunno..
ABSOLUTELY SICKENING- That's one I can just rant on an on about! Rant...Rant... Well, it just about includes every shounen ai couple excpt Nuriko and Hotohori from FY, and here's another one- Kuwabaka and Yukina from YuYuHakusho! I thinkt's just... absolutely Sickening! Ta da.!

I'm going to take so much heat for this, but...Serena and Darrien from Sailor Moon.

I'm sorry, but I can't stand Darrien, and he got even more annoying when he was with Serena; after they became an item, he lost all personality traits. (Tuxedo Bland, anyone?)

Besides, the thought that Serena, who made googly eyes over every boy she ever met would only have one boyfriend, and be satisfied with that, is wierd.

Also, Ryoko and Tenchi from Tenchi Muyo: that shouldn't happen. Tenchi should end up with Ayeka. I say this because I think Ryoko deserves a lot better than Tenchi, who's the least interesting character on his own show. (Even his Dad and Grandpa are cooler) Ryoko acts so totally sappy around Tenchi, it's sad.

I'd have to say...
watching Jerry Springer w/ Nuriko and Hotohori on it would sure be funny...
also I'd have to say my least fav. couple in Relena and Heero.
She's an annoying psycho* and never gives up on Heero,
...for proof, go to the Heero is not toast website

I hate Irvine and Selphie from ff8, i don't think that they suit each other. Irvine can do way better than Selphie, she doesn't deserve him, he is too cute and she is too annoying. And in ff9 where Vivi and Quina got married in Conde Petie! That sucked! haha, Nah, they aren't really counted as a couple are they :D:D:D

[color=crimson][font=times new roman]So...Most of you have problems with...FF couples? alright then interesting group to pick on... :therock:

Ill have to go with kenshin and kaoru...They dont really flesh this one out much...And kaoru comes off alittle too obnoxious and juvenile to be with kenshin...

Yeah and ill have to agree any girl in an anime thats got the hots for tenchi...I just gotta say...WHY? :p [/color][/font]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ceruleanneko [/i]
[B]also I'd have to say my least fav. couple in Relena and Heero.
She's an annoying psycho* and never gives up on Heero,
...for proof, go to the Heero is not toast website [/B][/QUOTE]

I hate Heero with Relena too. She is a real pain in the butt. I never seen anyone bug a boy like she does except for one of my friends who loves Relena and Heero together. Hmm...

How can some of you not like the relationship between Kenshin and Kaouru?!!!:wow:

Have you seen the last chapter of the series, Samurai X: Reflection? It shows you how deep their relationship goes, and how dramatic it is truely is.

If anybody should be voted worse couple, it should be Heero Yui and Relena. In fact most all of the Gundam Wing relationships suck.

But thats just my opinion:D

Okay Milliefan, I don't mean to insult you, but I can't stand Wolfwood and Millie's little thing! Millie is sooo tall and looks like a man to me and Wolfwood is so fine!!! Grrr...sorry to disagree with ya there Millie, but no hard feelings :)

Well, Kaola,[spoiler] Wolfwood died so you got your wish[/spoiler] :p *also has some qualms about Wolfwood + Millie*

[color=hotpink][size=1]PLEASE use spoiler tags when referring to stuff such as that. Some people may not have gotten that far in the series. Thank you. *QA*[/color][/size]

I hate Kari/TK....they're so annoyingly wholesome. I mean, do either of them have any real personal problems? Nope! They're so bland together. Plus, you know, Davis tries so darn hard...

I also hate Rika/Ryo, because it's so predictable. "Oh, she can't stand him, so of course she likes him." Puh-leeze.

I find the fan-created relationships between Heero and Duo and between Quatre and Trowa to be incredibly annoying. I mean, even granting that the yaoi fans were *right* (which I am not doing), those matches are some of the most mismatched there are.

[color=hotpink][size=1]I happen to like Heero and Relena together. Relena was my favorite character...

I dislike Yui and Tamahome from Fushigi Yugi. I don't know why she bothered so hard to try to get him when he didn't have any interest in her what so ever. I'm glad that he was with Miaka and not her. ^_^[/color][/size]

[color=hotpink][size=1]To read what it says, just click it and highlight. It's called a Spoiler Tag and I'm tired of people in this forum not using them. I am so pissed that I know that [spoiler]Wolfwood dies[/spoiler] since I haven't gotten that far in the series.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MillieFan [/i]
[B]I find the fan-created relationships between Heero and Duo and between Quatre and Trowa to be incredibly annoying. I mean, even granting that the yaoi fans were *right* (which I am not doing), those matches are some of the most mismatched there are. [/B][/QUOTE]

I know this like the second thread I've questioned the yaoi disagreement with ya Millie and I'm sorry cos I don't mean it personnally but seriously, Quatre and Trowa were meant to be together, true Heero/Duo is almost as annoying as Heero/Relena (cos Heero was just meant to live a lonely unloved life lol)..but who else are you going to pair them with. Trowa/Catherine is just bordering on incest and Quatre/Noin was not meant to be (cheers Zechs/Noin)

Oh yeah and I'm a sucker for happy endings so [spoiler]that ending where Zidane and Garnet were reunited just got to me ^_^[/spoiler]

Anyway, couples I don't like...Miaka and Tamahome, just because Miaka is almost as whiny as Shinji from Evangelion and should be shot, figuratively speaking anyway.

NOTE: THIS IS NOT KEYBLADE, IT'S MALADJUSTED. I'm at her house. ^_^

Okay, about this whole anti-yaoi thing. I don't like MillieFan's thinking (I LOVE Shounen-ai...) but she has a right to express her opinions. This is a thread where you post your most hated couples, isn't it? Well, maybe she doesn't. >_< I don't know. But I guess her just not liking shounen-ai is a valid reason. Erm... I don't really care actually. I'd just ignore her post if you didn't like it.
I don't like Trowa/Catherine either, they just seem to love each other in a...'family' way.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by doukeshi03 [/i]
[B]I know this like the second thread I've questioned the yaoi disagreement with ya Millie and I'm sorry cos I don't mean it personnally but seriously, Quatre and Trowa were meant to be together, true Heero/Duo is almost as annoying as Heero/Relena (cos Heero was just meant to live a lonely unloved life lol)..but who else are you going to pair them with.
[/B][/QUOTE]

I'd pair Trowa with me! Because Trowa is So Cool! I mean, I think even Relena/Heero would be betterthan Duo/Heero. that's one of those pairings that just... get to me. But Trowa/Quatre? I've never heard of that one in my life! I just don't get it.......

NOTE: THIS IS MALADJUSTED.....YEAH. I"M AT KEY'S HOUSE.

O________________________________O You've never heard of TROWA/QUATRE? Wow. I don't really like the pairing. Whenever I read stuff about them, people make them seem so PERFECT. It kinda annoys me. At least Heero/Duo would have SOME problems in their relationship. I used to be a fan of 3x4, but not as much anymore. I think the pairing is hinted in the series, but I guess I like 1x3 more. (don't ask)

[COLOR=red]I think Serena and Darien make an aite couple. I have to agree with the Kenshin and Kaoru thing, and AYEKA?!?!?!? You really lost your mind. Ayeka is just too perky for him. I understand if you said Sasami...but AYEKA? I think Ryoko deserves Tenchi out of everyone. She's more adventurous. And I think Tenchi's digging her. Let's see. my worst couple.....uumm...let's see...I'll have to say Kenshin and Kaoru....the two have nothing in common, and I think Kenshin just wants to protect her. Kaoru is too young and wild for him. He's too serious. lol.[/COLOR] :wigout: :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DeathBug [/i]
[B]I'm going to take so much heat for this, but...Serena and Darrien from Sailor Moon.

I'm sorry, but I can't stand Darrien, and he got even more annoying when he was with Serena; after they became an item, he lost all personality traits. (Tuxedo Bland, anyone?)
[/B][/QUOTE]

Can't stand darrien? i can't stand serena, she is so whiney and egotistical it makes me want to just.....errrr smack her!

I find trowa and quatre intriguing............hmmmmm i have never heard of that........personally i think all gundam relationships lack depth.

As for tenchi......those relationships are beyond demented.

The worst anime couple ever would have to be Galaxy Fraulein Yuna and Paulina.....if it ever happened that is.