OtakuBoards

Divorce Court: Worst Anime Couples!

MillieFan

[color=darkblue]Alright, just hold on, now.

I don't get this anit-Relena/Heero thing.

Heero was a trained killer. You are all just mad because Relena ****** him all up, in a way. And why? Because his love for her was so powerful.

Relena was not weak. I will never forget the scene where [spoiler]she stood at the foot of his gundam, staring straight up at him, knowing he could kill her at any moment. But she was totally fearless. He slammed the gundam's hand down hard, but instead of crushing her, it landed right beside her, and she didn't even flinch. This was after they'd danced together, and Heero was still in his tux. The blow was so powerful, it cut into the ground and the wind from it blew into Relena's hair and blew through her skirts. And she just looked up at him, right in the face. And he pounded the control pannel with his fists, yelling "What's wrong with me?!" be cause he knew right then that he couldn't kill her, that he could never kill her. He was the perfect killer up until he met her. And that was true love.[/spoiler] So that's why Relena saved Heero from himself. Before her, he was nothing but a machine.

So there![/color]

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tenchi + Ayeka = Me hating Tenchi Muyo for eternity.

I HATE Ayeka. She annoys the living hell out of me. She's a prissy, daddy's girl, stuck up, no personality princess. Sorry, but I have my opinion.

I also didn't really like Ranma X Akane. Sorry. I just don't think they really fit. But I love Mousse X Shampoo so if Ranma married Akane I can be happy so it's a win-win situation!

I also didn't like Serena X Darien. I mean, I think it's cute but for some reason their relationship annoys me sometimes. The episodes of Sailor Moon I own has Darien saving and rescuing Serena's friends that don't even make another appearance in the series. O__o.

Also, Kikyo X InuYasha. That is just a no. NO!

This isn't exactly Anime but I don't like Cloud and Aeris from Final Fantasy 7. I think Cloud should be with Tifa anyway but it seems like the just planned on making Aeris the one who makes it no matter what.
Together they just cofnuse me to much and it looks to weird to see a Flowergirl and an ex army militant together.

I don't see how Cloud can stand Aeris. Too much prissyness mizing with too much hardcore.

For myself, I've never really had anything against the canon couplings. Fan-created on the other hand... HEheh...let's just say I [I]really[/I] don't like the Zel and Lina coupling. (Slayers)

I honestly think Heero and Relena work perfect for each other. They're both boring, never seem to smile, and thus are perfect for each. :p

I think Usagi and Mamoru work really well with eachother. I've never seen the anime, but the manga really shows their relationship very nicely.

What's wrong with Kenshin and Kaoru??? :eek:

I think Tenchi and Aeka make a fine couple--Aeka is not that bad a character at all. Ryoko, while she is fun, she is also very inconsiderate. Like with the episode where they sent her to get food? She spent all the money pigging out and gambling, while they starved. Aeka would not have done that. Now, don't get me wrong, I have no beef against Ryoko & Tenchi either. ^^; To be quite honest, I agree with the idea that most of the girls of Tenchi Muyo deserve more the Tenchi. He's so...boring. O_O;

And for Inu Yasha--I've always liked Inu Yasha & Kikyou. Before Naraku tricked them. Before Kikyou was resurrected. I mean, Inu Yasha & Kagome work really well with each other, I just think that Inu Yasha & Kikyou would've been better. Ah well. Kagome fan may now proceed to murder me. ;)

Now for my least favorite anime coupling (besides Zel/Lina), would have to be Shinji and Asuka. I mean, Asuka has so much power in her personality and Shinji is just...bleah. She deserves much more. Then again, if you go witht he opposites thing, it could work--She might give him a backbone or something, and maybe he could calm her down a bit, but... *shrugs*

[SIZE=1]Darn, I wrote a lot. Sorry if this bothers some people. Gomen nasai! :( [/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Unborn Lord Xion][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1]I'm here to represent Taiora fans everywhere by saying that Sora/Matt (Sorato) is just stupid. Digimon Season 2 really went to hell in the end, especially with those carriers (except Joe, he got a pretty good job).
Back on topic, I just can't see Sora and Matt getting together. They had almost nothing in common. Sora just went after Matt because she's a teenage girl and he's a teen-dream rockstar, which is no basis for a lasting relationship. It's just wrong.
I've noticied a trend in this thread as well. Most of the couples listed you hate because you hate one of the people. Just because the people in it suck doesn't mean they can't have a relationship. I find Serenity (chosen at random) as annoying as anyone, if not more so, but that doesn't mean I think she doesn't belong with anyone. Personally, I think that if Tristin/Honda wants her that much, he can have her (just to see Joey beat the crap out of him. That would be fun to watch.)
I don't really hate that many couples, at least canon ones, simply because that's how the creator planned it. The majority of the couples I hate tend to be shonen ai/shoujo ai, because most of those are non-canon, and feature obviously straight people.
Oh, and I'm in agreement that Tenchi doesn't really deserve any of the girls that fawn over him, simply because he hasn't grown a spine and chosen one. He's an indiscicive loser.
I'm done ranting now. You may commence the stone-throwing.
-ULX[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

My goodness I agree with the Sorato thing. I mean, I went through the entire first season thinking that Tai & Sora were soooooo cute with each other, and come next seaon, they broke up and she marries Yomato. What the heck?! *cries* It went from perfect to bleah in only a few episodes. For digimon, I'm not a big fan of Ken and Yolanda. I can see it happening, and all, but it just doesn't settle right for me. *shrugs*

I also agree with being a fan of canon couplings. The creator made it that way, why should I a mere fan, say no to it? Canon all the way baby! :D

In the future, Saragenyo, don't double-post. I won't delete your second reply, as it's well-written and would have made your original post overly long if I chose to merge them. However, please bear in mind that OtakuBoards' rules strictly forbid any manner of consecutive posting. Thanks! :)

~Dagger~

[quote name='Sarangeyo']For myself, I've never really had anything against the canon couplings.[/quote]

[color=darkviolet]You wrote this which is fine. Canon couples although at times boring can be nice and normal but then you have...[/color]

[QUOTE=Sarangeyo]And for Inu Yasha--I've always liked Inu Yasha & Kikyou. Before Naraku tricked them. Before Kikyou was resurrected. I mean, Inu Yasha & Kagome work really well with each other, I just think that Inu Yasha & Kikyou would've been better. Ah well. Kagome fan may now proceed to murder me. ;)
[/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]The way I've understood InuYasha is that the canon pairings are:

1.) Kagome/InuYasha
2.) Sango/Miroku

InuYasha really can't end up with Kikyo for the simple fact that [spoiler]Later in the series Kikyo ends up dying again. For good this time. I don't know when it's going to happen I just know it happens. I don't think Rumiko Takahashi is going to make InuYasha stay with a dead lady. Especially one who's going to stay dead.[/spoiler]

Nothing against Kikyo, but she doesn't actually love [i]love[/i] InuYasha any more. She died hating him and now her body still hates him. Besides, if she was so easily betrayed by him once who's to say she wouldn't be betrayed by him again?

While we're on the subject of the InuYasha anime and manga I'd like to bring up another pairing which I've always found disturbing. The pairing of Rin and Sesshomaru.

This could never work out becuase they seem to have more of a father daughter relationship than that of two people who will gradually learn to love eachother. Try as I might, I just can't see Sesshomaru as a pediphile. And don't try to convince me that it could happen when Rin gets older. In my opinion, I think that even when she gets older Sesshomaru would still think of Rin as his daughter.

I think that Kagura and Sesshomaru make a much better couple, but for that I'd have to go to the other topic about anime couples.[/color]

[quote name='OtakuSennen]Tsukasa and Subaru of .hack//SIGN. [spoiler] I mean, they are both girls in the real world yet the seem to have a special relationship in The World... Not like friends.. That makes me wonder why you don't find a bunch of shojo-ai fanfics about them.. [/spoiler'] Ew ew ew.. X_X[/quote]

Well, I always interpreted that as a deep friendship, but when you look at it that way, it is ...kinda strange. I only thought about it that way because nothing really happens between them, nothing that close friends wouldn't do anyway...

[quote name='Silent Shadows']Well, I always interpreted that as a deep friendship, but when you look at it that way, it is ...kinda strange. I only thought about it that way because nothing really happens between them, nothing that close friends wouldn't do anyway...[/quote]

[color=darkviolet]What's so bad about two girls being remotely interested in eachother? I fail to see the problem.[/color]

[size=1][color=darkblue]Hmm... there are a few couples I've never liked.

Inuyasha and Kagome - I'll never like them as a couple, it's always been Inuyasha and Kikyo together for me. I just don't think Kagome and Inuyasha go good together. I mean, they are always pissed off at each other and me hating Kagome makes a big difference in the way I look at the two of them together. Inuyasha and Kikyo just had better connections, understood each other better and they hardly fought. In understand that Kikyo is dead and only keeping a body by using other people's souls, but still, why Kagome? You would think that Inuyasha would hate people like Kagome, especially since Kikyo and Kagome are totally different.

Akito and Fuka (Kodocha) - Even though that relationship didn't last that long, I still hated them as a couple.[spoiler] Just because Fuka felt sorry for Akito because they thought Sana was going out with Nao, she didn't have to go and ask him out! I mean, jeez, she didn't even like him. And I also don't underand why he said 'yes', I know he felt lonley, but his feelings for Sana were still very strong.[/spoiler] I also hate Fuka, so, that kind of also makes a difference why I don't like them together. You just can't beat Akito and Sana together, but I hate the fact that Fuka tried to stand in their way.

Ginta and Arimi (Marmalade Boy) - I don't know why, just them together really irritates me. I really liked the pairing of Ginta and Miki, even though I love Miki and Yuu together. I think either one is great. But I just don't like Arimi with Ginta. I can't explain why I don't like them together, I just think Arimi would be better off with someone else.[/color][/size]

I know that the show has lost it, but Brock and every girl (except Misty) in Poke'mon! IT happens in every episode (the old ones anyway, I stopped watching when they found togepi SP), and sometimes more than once! I just got sick of it... :ball:

[QUOTE=Conna_da_fox][size=1][color=darkblue]
Ginta and Arimi (Marmalade Boy) - I don't know why, just them together really irritates me. I really liked the pairing of Ginta and Miki, even though I love Miki and Yuu together. I think either one is great. But I just don't like Arimi with Ginta. I can't explain why I don't like them together, I just think Arimi would be better off with someone else.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1][color=deeppink]Yea, I was never fond of this one either. It seemed like the author was just pushing the rejects of Yuu and Miki together because she needed somewhere to put them. They really didn't fit personality wise. Arimi was a noble, but somewhat arrogant person, while Ginta was just this happy-go-lucky whatever person. In my opinion, that would only make Arimi disdain him, not like him.

Oh well. I'm not author. ;-;

-Karma[/color][/SIZE]

[size=1][QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]You wrote this which is fine. Canon couples although at times boring can be nice and normal but then you have...[/color]

[color=darkviolet]The way I've understood InuYasha is that the canon pairings are:

1.) Kagome/InuYasha
2.) Sango/Miroku

InuYasha really can't end up with Kikyo for the simple fact that [spoiler]Later in the series Kikyo ends up dying again. For good this time. I don't know when it's going to happen I just know it happens. I don't think Rumiko Takahashi is going to make InuYasha stay with a dead lady. Especially one who's going to stay dead.[/spoiler]

Nothing against Kikyo, but she doesn't actually love [i]love[/i] InuYasha any more. She died hating him and now her body still hates him. Besides, if she was so easily betrayed by him once who's to say she wouldn't be betrayed by him again?

[/color][/QUOTE][/size]
I know. I'm just saying that if [spoiler]Kikyou never died and naraku never tricked either Inu or Kikyou[/spoiler], they would've been perfect. I have nothing against Kagome & Inu Yasha. I love that coupling and support it a great deal. I just like Inu and Kikyou more. *shrugs* And I've watched most of the series anyway. I do know that the couplings are Miroku & Sango, and Inu & Kagome. :)

---------

Oh, and to my double post. I'm very sorry! :( I should've edited and added. Gomen nasai! Thanks for telling me!

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]Added [spoiler] tags. Be careful what you might reveal, heh ^_~ -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

Despite all the animes I've seen I still think the worst anime couple is Vegeta and Bulma. You never see the love, and the two are complete opposites with nothing at all in common. I'm not complaining though because if it wasn't for them then there would be no Trunks and he's the coolest DBZ character.......

[quote name='TOTALIMMORTAL']Despite all the animes I've seen I still think the worst anime couple is Vegeta and Bulma. You never see the love, and the two are complete opposites with nothing at all in common. I'm not complaining though because if it wasn't for them then there would be no Trunks and he's the coolest DBZ character.......[/quote]

[size=1][color=darkblue]Yeah, I never really got how Vegeta and Bulma came to be together. All the sudden it was just like "Yeah... I had a baby with Vegeta" and it was just weird. I know that you don't have to have much in common with the person you love and stuff, but I could just never see them together. They always seemed to be fighting about something and their 'getting together' was rather sudden. >> I'd say it confused me...[/color][/size]

[quote name='G.D. Ryoko']I hate Heero with Relena too. She is a real pain in the butt. I never seen anyone bug a boy like she does except for one of my friends who loves Relena and Heero together. Hmm...[/quote]I totally agree with you. I absolutely HATE the RelenaxHeero coupling! Really, I just don't like Relena because she's always bugging the heck out of Heero. It burns me up just to see her hanging on to him like she's his Siamese twin... :mad: :flaming:

Guest Arisa
I think Heero and Relena are the worst couple. Actually, I dont even consider them as a couple =). I dont like her, and my reasons doesnt have to do with her being ugly or flat chested or whatever stupid way to hate Relena, that other anti-relena gives. Stupid proofs that Heero loves Relena was annoying me so I just had to post.

First of all, before you Pro Relena even say that Heero loves Relena and can't kill her or something, recall back to his flash back in Endless Waltz. Heero comes to a nice grassy field, and then a little girl comes up to him asking if he was lost.Heero tells her that his always been lost. Then the little girl replies that she wasn't lost, and that she was just out walking her dog Marry. After she leaves, the little girl gives Heero a flower. And then later on, as Heero was completing his mission, the exploding MS's falls into the residential area where the little girl might've of lived. Of course Heero is shock, because he knows that his powerless to stop it. After the explosion, Heero surveys the ruins, and finds the carcass of the little girl's puppy. He also sees a teddy bear, that might've of belonged to the little girl.

This event strikes Heero hard, but Dekim thought that Heero had gotten over it and really had become a "perfect soldier" without human emotion. When Heero meets Relena, kindhearted and naive,his repressed memory comes back to haunt him.(You gotta admit, the little girl does holds a resemblance to Relena.)

Heero thinks that if he hadn't accidently killed the little girl, the little girl could've of had a chance to grow up into a happy teenager like Relena. So this is why Heero cannot kill Relena.
He killed that little girl once; He can't do it again. Heero projects all the guilt and remorse he owes the little girl onto Relena. He tries to make it up to the little girl he killed by protecting Relena.

About the whole thing of Heero giving Relena a teddy bear, its not because he loves her, its simply because the teddy bear symbolizes innocence, and by giving Relena a teddy bear, Heero returns the innocence back to the little girl.

So just because he saves her from the falling building during the party, doesn't mean he loves her. Come on now! _-_! I mean, even when she asks him to stay with her, he never did. He walked away from her in the end. ([I]Refering to Endless Waltz[/I]).

I think that Koga and Kagome would really be nice together, if Koga would stop being so one-sided and saying stuff like "I'm gonna make you my woman", he might be happy with Kagome, but I'm not loving the Kagome/Inuyasha thing, I am just not feeling it. Vegeta + Bulma just does not make any sense, they just married out of the blue and that was that. WTF!? I don't really mind Kenshin + Kaoru too much, Kaoru may be so whiny at times but she can also be very nice. Tenchi + Aeka is not really so bad either, Ryoko is cool but Tenchi is too boring for her, Ryoko deserves better Tenchi and Ayeka look to be made for eachother. I really like Cloud + Aeris, a flower girl and an ex-military guy, its like a pure heart and some tough guy, I think it looks good, opposites attract. As for Hiiro + Relena, Hiiro is deos not seem to be interested in such things as love. Rei + Shinji = bad because Rei is awesome and Shinji is so whiny. Lafiel + Jinto is not good because Lafiel belongs to me. :love:

I'm definitely not in favor of both Rei+Shinji and Heero+Relena.

Heero+Relena just doesn't make any sense to me. In fact, Heero+ anyone doesn't make sense to me. I mean, the man's a natural-born loner and soldier (ahh, so he was emotionally conditioned. Either way...). Pairing him up with someone, or trying to pair him up with someone, just doesn't work. That's not what Heero is all about. I agree with Arisa too; it's not that Heero feels something for Relena, it's that she reminds him of an incident that happened in the past. That's why he can't kill her, not because he's 'secretly in love' with her or anything. Also, I just don't like Relena's character. Total pacifiscm? Grow up and open your eyes. Even if it was possible, it would take a lot more than a girl like you to make the vision a reality.

Rei+Shinji....don't even talk to me. Sure, it was hinted at during the series, but I think Shinji would more likely end up with Asuka anyways. After all, she represents all of the desire and feeling inside Shinji, which is why he continues to try and understand her or be nice to her. Rei is just too cool for Shinji -- she's still my favorite character in the series and can do way better than the whiny little boy Shinji. Honestly, I'm in favor of a Rei+Kaworu pairing, since they're basically the same anyways and Kaworu is awesome :D

[quote name='DragonessFei']*agrees with everything Arisa just said*[/quote][color=#503f86]That you may, but if you are going to quote an entire post please try to add more than that. It's still spam, even though there's a massive quote in it.[/color]

[quote name='Strayed Soul']Im going to say Kouga and Kagome it just doesnt match up.[/quote][color=#503f86]Strayed Soul, I've already asked you once to include more detail in your posts- please do so. Short posts like this can get annoying to read and really don't add anything to the discussion. Thay are spam and hence against OB [url="http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?"]Rules[/url]. Be sure to watch your punctuation as well, please.[/color]

Sevothart, I totally agree with you about Rei being too cool for Shinji and I think that her(Rei, not Shinji) and Kaworu IS a much better couple, Kaworu is cool enough for Rei and they are pretty much the same. Anyway, Shinji [spoiler]ends up with Asuka in the End of Eva, he and Asuka are the only ones left remaining, pretty much like Adam and Eve and they bring back humankind.[/spoiler]

[color=darkviolet]I've wondered how this would work out Rei Kashino from MArs and Rei Hino from SailorMoon.

This couldn't work out for a number of reasons. For one [spoiler]Rei from Mars ends up marrying Kira around the end of the series[/spoiler]. The another reason is that if you're going to go by the Manga version of Hino Rei she doesn't like men. Meaning she would never date a guy let alone marry one.

That alone should be enough to prove that this relationship would be toxic.[/color]

Now to have a post with HUGE depth.....

Koga and Kagome are the worst regular couple for 5 reasons
1. Kagome likes Koga "Just as a friend" as she told Inuyasha
2. Koga's just so possive, he called Kagome "His woman" WTF?!?!
3. Koga would be deadby Inuyasha IF anything happened
4. Kagome slapped Koga. He deserves it
5. Kagome should be with me! END OF DISSCUSSION!!!

The WORST Yaoi couple would be Sonic and Tails from Sonic X: WHY? 4 reasons
1. Sonic secertly loves Amy, it's known through the universe
2. Tails looks cuter with Cream
3. They love each other in a brotherly way
4. They are both NOT Yaoi

Worst Yuri couple is Rouge and Amy. 3 reasons
1. Rouge should be with me, but loves Shadow and Knuckles...THAT TWO TIMER
2. Amy's so hell bent on Sonic that she won't choose anyone else
3. They are both not Yuri.....like I said above...IT'LL NEVER WORK

and the other worst regular couple would be Joey and Mai
1. Mai belongs to me! NO ONE TOUCHES HER!
2. Joey is a lazy slob, Mai is very neat: See how that works out
3. Joey is annoying...and too herioice for Mai....

TOTAL DEPTH! :laugh: