Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[COLOR=indigo]You know that language that your parents try to speak (at least mine)but can't even if they study it
for years? You got it its slang!!Do you like it? Well, it's addictive, and I know some of it(I don't use it that much...I think)^.^ or does slang get on your nerves? xD

ps:Sorry if it's already been made or so.[/COLOR]
Posted
[SIZE=1][COLOR=dodgerblue]Slang? Well, I used to use all the slang terms on IM and such, but then I started using proper grammar. I don't speak slang though. ^^

-Kitty[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
I guess it depends on what i'm talking about. I used to use some slang on IM if that's what you want to call IM abbreviations. When I first started using AIM I think it was considered to be cool, but now I just think it's annoying. In real life I try to keep slang to a minimum depending on what i'm talking about. Sometimes if I use slang people wont understand me, so what's the point?

Edit: It also depends on who i'm talking to. If they use a lot of slang i'll tend to use it myself.
Posted
Hahaha.. Slang, I use it all the time, though I'm normally making fun of it.. That's off the heezy-fosheazy, fo shiuzzle, from the wiznest siznide! Hahaha. Yeah, but I don't use IM abbreviations, they're annoying.

Now that I live in London, my brother and I are gonna make up fake american slang... Like "Daisy this joint" means enter and "push the roots" means open the door...There's a few more we came up with, just to confuse british people... That's how bored we are. Meh, we just got here, so...
Guest Majin Buu
Posted
Its funny my brother likes to use slang words for jokes sometimes.. Like he'll just come out of his room and start saying things like "Yo home dog wats happening yo" Well he just mimics it and its funny, probly cause hes 35 years old and im only 14. heh
Posted
My friend imitate this guy at our school who uses alot of slang and sounds like a total wacko she came into the classroom the other day and was like "yo g dawg what goin down in my hood why y'all crampin up in my hood you wanna get you azz kicked brother!" omg i never laughed harder!

yeah i only have one slang term that i use and its "Mint" lol it's sumthing i figured out a long time ago i was eating a mint and it felt cool so when my brother asked me what i though of the sneakers he was gunna buy i said "i think they are mint" when i ment to say cool...so yeah thats it
oh in case none oy you got that mint = cool
stitch;)
Posted
It's like my first language. I'd say it's because it's used so much around my school, that it just sinks into my head and I start using it. Every sentence I say now basically has [i]some[/i] slang in it.
Posted
I don't use slang anywhere. I do my best not to use it on IM's. But all in all they annoy the crap out of me. I constantly correct my friends if they use slang. It makes them so mad.. hehe. It's great.
Posted
Haha, I don't use slang anymore, unless you consider "cool" slang. Anyway, my friends all say I sound silly when I talk slang, and they tell me never to use it. I don't even curse, believe it or not... :angel:

When I was extremely young (grade school), a lot of kids my age were saying "Yo, you my number one Negro!" (well, not Negro, but you know). I thought it was a compliment, and I used it while passing some of my friends (same ones who tell me not to use slang these days) out in the open. I was so embarrassed when they later told me what it meant!
Guest Majin Buu
Posted
[QUOTE]instead of slang I throw in a bunch of swears.[/QUOTE]

Yeah thats like the only slang I use.. Hehe :devil:
Guest dayday
Posted
I use slang all the time. But kind of going off topic, there's this girl with a weird voice I know. And she can't pronounce slang words. We had made her say ya'll one time and everyone was just staring at her, then we started to laugh. It was funny as h***.
Posted
[FONT=arial]I speak slang all the time. half the time I don't realize I'm doing it, while the other half I talk like it to sound stupid on purpose for jollies. sad thing is I've got a bad country accent now, so I sound like a total idiot whenever I talk. the [i]really[/i] sad thing is that whenever I try to talk decently, I sound slow. I'm really not........really :flush:. I can seem somewhat intelligent as long as I'm not speaking in person.[/FONT]
Guest Fly-T
Posted
85% of the time I use slang...the other 15% I wouldnt use it only because I'm trying to impress or set a nice impression..lol, I even got made up slang words and swear words....The ish is soo freakin tight, yo...Oh, yeah, watup homie(L-Topsy) Up in da Big Joint doe...
We got it locked fo' ya...Holla back!!!....~1~
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Fall [/i]
[B]It's like my first language. I'd say it's because it's used so much around my school, that it just sinks into my head and I start using it. Every sentence I say now basically has [i]some[/i] slang in it. [/B][/QUOTE]


That`s the same with me. I live in the ghetto so slang is all that I hear. I speak slang or the slang I understand but I don`t right in slang or at least I think I don`t. ^_^
Posted
Pfft - the only slang I use is "Yo" or "Word" if my sister says something wacky, which is always just a joke. If we hear somethjing in a movie or something that goes something like "Yo yo homie g whassup in dis crib" then we both go "Word." and it's so hilarious..i HATE slang it's so...agh...can't find the word. The only slang i use, like most people, is cussing.
Guest The Vietnamese
Posted
wat? u mean 2 tell me u don't like the ghetto's language. dat ain't cool. Every1 talks like dat sometimes ya kno wat i mean babe? lol

hahah, j/k. Is that what u mean by slang? or do u mean the more mature words, like ***** and **** and stuff like that? I don't use those, unless I'm REALLY pissed off
Posted
Yes - that's exACTLY what i mean by slang...*shudders*...yeah I don't use ***** and **** unless i'm really pissed off..you know...to make it easier on other people to know what your saying...you should do this: b***h and ******* or ******* or whatever you were trying to say because, as you can see, it's veyr easy to think that you're saying something else..
Posted
i'm special ^_^
i can talks me the ghetto slang, fo sho, i mean it's practically poetic prose.
then i can talk spanish slang, NICA style.
and then i can talk proper spanish and english without any alterations or anything.

i see nothing wrong with slang, it's a form of expression and everyone has their own way of speaking the english language. and a lot of ppl don't speak it by choice, it's actually what they learn, school or no school. i was lucky enough so that in my ghetto fortified envronment i had a snooty gothic sister. i got the best of both worlds i suppose you could say.

so in the end, don't playa hate pa ticipate!
Posted
I know how to speak various kinds of slang, be it ghetto or white boy. I grew up in a very mixed environment, so I couldn't help but to pick up a few things going through school. That's why it's easy for me to participate in the rap threads and such.

I don't actually speak much slang off of the Internet unless I'm goofing around. So, I mainly use it for humor's sake. For some reason, I just don't think slang sounds right coming out of my mouth. I would probably get beaten up in certain circles for even trying. It would be taken as an insult.
Guest ShadowNinja
Posted
i like to use slang when i type its faster

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...