Shinobi Posted July 1, 2003 Posted July 1, 2003 So yeah i drew Vash on Flash ^^ I drew and coloured it, then out of bordom i added shading, i'm not to sure if the shading did good to it or not, so yeah, after some comment/rating and critique i will post up the NON-SHADED one. So please tell me what you think. There are lots of mistakes but i am still very proud of it ^_^; [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=422355[/img] It took about 2 hours just to draw it, about half an hour for colouring and about anopther half an hour for shading. So over all it was about 3 hours, approx. Do you think it was worth it? I do ^^.
Guest legatos_lover Posted July 1, 2003 Posted July 1, 2003 did you copy this from a picture that kuroneko-sama in the back with dogs
Shinobi Posted July 1, 2003 Author Posted July 1, 2003 Yeah that's the picture i drew it from, yes. I can't draw Vash off by heart i always need a picture to look at ^^. Yeah that's the picture yeah. So here is the non-shaded one. [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=422368[/img]
Syn Posted July 1, 2003 Posted July 1, 2003 I think the shaded one looks better, and it was definately worth the time you spent on it. I think it owns personally.
Boo Posted July 1, 2003 Posted July 1, 2003 It was totally worth its damn time O.O Thats amazing! The shading did it good (so, not bad ;)) and the whole thing it self is great... Now excuse me while I break into your mind while searching for the thing that made you able to do such thing >.>
Guest legatos_lover Posted July 1, 2003 Posted July 1, 2003 go look at the picture of vash the one i drew
Guest Chris Posted July 1, 2003 Posted July 1, 2003 [color=green][size=1] . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . wow that is awesome man. great job. i am really impressed.[/size][/color]
Spikey Posted July 1, 2003 Posted July 1, 2003 [Size=1]You drew that on your computer, like Oekaki?! That's very very good if you did. Great job. I like his cheesey smile. heh. 9/10.[/size]
Vertigo Posted July 1, 2003 Posted July 1, 2003 That's amazing! I can't even draw like that pencil-on-paper! I really like it... Heeheehee...He's so cute...
Epitome Posted July 1, 2003 Posted July 1, 2003 Thats amazing dude, the shaded one looks better but both of them are great. Nice work... *saves for future banners*
Shinobi Posted July 1, 2003 Author Posted July 1, 2003 Wow, thanks alot people. I am very proud of it because my mouse is like 3 years old lol, so it has a dentency to stick. Well thank you all once again for your c&c and ratigs, keep 'em comin' ^^.
Epitome Posted July 1, 2003 Posted July 1, 2003 Heres a banner I made with the pic, made it really simple, and I was bored so I just made it...
SaiyanPrincessX Posted July 2, 2003 Posted July 2, 2003 Wow Shinneh. Those are very good. The shaded one looks better.^^ You've got some talent there, the drawing is amazing. The coloring looks almost exactly like the Anime. Vereh nice indeed. ;)
Shinobi Posted July 3, 2003 Author Posted July 3, 2003 Wow, thanks alot people! I didn't think this thread would get anymore posts, my threads always seem to die really fast lol. And thanks alot for the banner HV i feel so proud ^^. Thanks guys.
Semjaza Posted July 3, 2003 Posted July 3, 2003 I really do not understand why you guys have been using Flash to draw. It's a program for animation, not Illustration. I think you might want to try Freehand, which is also from Macromedia... And integrates itself into Flash as well. Nice job though. Picture turned out very well.
Shinobi Posted July 3, 2003 Author Posted July 3, 2003 Thanks Sem. Well it was actually Ajeh that found it out. He just scribbled in flash and the lines automaticaly smooth and do not pixelate. Obviously when you convert into JPEG it pixelates a tad, but that can't be helped. So yeah to answer your question i use flash becuase it smooths the lines down perfectly. Also i'll check out Freehand when my computer is "fixed" it is really wrecked just now, so after i reformat then i will download it and try it out. Thanks for the comments and info ;).
Sara Posted July 4, 2003 Posted July 4, 2003 [b] That's awesome but his expression is kinda funky [/b] [size=1]....When isn't Vash's expression kinda funky? ^_~ It looks great, Shinobi. It's a little JPEG-y, but it's still a great job.[/size]
Shinobi Posted July 4, 2003 Author Posted July 4, 2003 Wow...a great job. That is a big complement coming from the Queen of CG'ing lol. Thanks Sara, yeah the JPEG really downgraded it. I picked that picture becuase it was a unique one, it wasn't just the usual pictures you see of Vash ^_^.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now