OtakuBoards

Lower post limit flood time

Guest Taylor Hewitt

Guest Taylor Hewitt
I think the admin should lower the flood rate from 70 seconds to maybe 30. Just a suggestion.

The reason the flood control is in place is because new people (such as yourself) tend to come in and make short, incoherent posts and want to get their post count as high as possible (no offense).

I think this all started in V2 or V3 when there was a new post in every thread, practically every 5 seconds. At that point a 60 second time limit was put in. I'm not sure when it was upgraded to 70 seconds, but I encourage the flood control.

Guest Taylor Hewitt
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kinetic [/i]
[B]The reason the flood control is in place is because new people (such as yourself) tend to come in and make short, incoherent posts and want to get their post count as high as possible (no offense).

I think this all started in V2 or V3 when there was a new post in every thread, practically every 5 seconds. At that point a 60 second time limit was put in. I'm not sure when it was upgraded to 70 seconds, but I encourage the flood control. [/B][/QUOTE]
"No offence."
I am offended. I didn't make any short useless posts. I don't care about my post count as much as I did in the good old days. Anyway that's fine with me but pffff it would be nice.

I said no offense because I was just using newbies as an example, not saying that you're one, which you obviously aren't because of your good grammar and spelling. I was just saying that some people tend to come here and post a lot of senseless, incoherent things. I should know, I used to be one of them. Back in V2, when I first came here, that's how I was. I would post something completely irrelevent and try to get as many posts as I could in one day.

So, I say again, No Offense.

Guest Taylor Hewitt
That's ok. I must of took the post wrong. Anyways thanx for taking the time to explain that. Heh.

[color=#707875]70 seconds seems to be the ideal time for us. We've had both higher and lower...and while 70 might be higher than other forums, it's also true that on average, most people here tend to producer slightly longer posts than at other places.

Once again, it comes back to our desire for quality. If you are posting so frequently that our flood control is interrupting you, it's possible that either your posts aren't high quality enough...or that you're simply a very fast typist. ~_^

I'm a pretty fast typist, but I've never been interrupted by our flood control. So, I'm not too concerned about it being a problem. If it's an issue, you might just want to slow down a bit. ~_^[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#707875]I'm a pretty fast typist, but I've never been interrupted by our flood control. So, I'm not too concerned about it being a problem. If it's an issue, you might just want to slow down a bit. ~_^[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Yeah, me too. I type pretty fast, but I never have any problems with the 70 second limit. A good way to keep it from being a problem, though, is to go back and proofread your posts to correct mistakes after you're done typing. That way you won't have problems with the limit, and your posts will also be better quality. That's probably the biggest reason why I never have problems with the limit; I proofread almost every one of my posts. (Which usually ends up taking as long as typing out the post itself, after adding up the time of the proofreading and editing mistakes/adding in bits here and there to make it more clear).[/color]

Guest Taylor Hewitt
Well I am a very fast typist as well. The limit isn't too much of a problem for me. The thing is that n00b would get annoyed with it, or people who don't type or spell correctly and they type fast. Here would be a messy version of what I'm typing without correction:

---
well i cm a very dast typist as well. the limit isnt too much of a problem for me the thing is that no0b would get annoted with it or people who dont ype or spell correctly and they type hastr here would berr a messy version of what im typing with out votrrrexrtion:
---

See what I mean?

So, you're saying you want the Flood Limit down so you can post like that?

I'm a pretty fast typist (when one of my fingers isn't broken o_O), and i've only had trouble with it once or twice. Those times were because i had already posted the message, but the window didn't come up.

Now, like Sko, i go back and proofread my posts. Stops me from making stupid errors, too.

Guest Taylor Hewitt
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zeh [/i]
[B]So, you're saying you want the Flood Limit down so you can post like that?
[/B][/QUOTE]

No I was saying that's what some people type like when they don't correct it. And like I said I don't really care because I make high quality posts.

The only time I've found the flood limit to be a problem (that only way I'm aware of it, in fact) is when I'm sending Private Messages. Sometimes I forget to add something on, and have to send another PM. coming up against the flood limit only happened to me once, and it was a little frustrating, since I'd spent the whole 70 seconds solidly typing. But, I don't really mind, since I know it's there now I wait for a few minutes before sending what I want to add.

The only suggestion I could make for this would be maybe removing it from PMs, but like I said, it's not really an issue anymore. I just wait a few minutes. ^_^;;

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Taylor Hewitt [/i]
[B]No I was saying that's what some people type like when they don't correct it. And like I said I don't really care because I make high quality posts. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#707875]Well, you obviously haven't read the rules. You had two banners in your sig; I deleted one. We only allow one image per signature.[/color]

70 seconds...seem find to me.
I like that time because:
My computer is real slow, when I post, it takes like an hour for it to say 'waiting for site to reply'. I get really mad and click on the 'post reply' button until it works. Later, it will come up 'sorry! The blah, blah, blah only let you post in 70 seconds'. So, if that didn't come up, I would have double, triple, or even posted 7 times in a row with the same text. So I think nothing is wrong with it.

[color=royalblue]Well, it only bothers me when I'm trying to send private messages......which doesn't make any sense. But, maybe just a little. Are those two limits; posting and PMing the same? Cause if the PM one was lowered a tad...it'd be nice.[/color]

It used to bother me alot,...when i got 3 or 4 emails for threads..i'd post on one..and then i'd use the link to post on theo ther..and i type fast enough where i finish my post and everything and then send it with in some 30 seconds. Especialy if it's a short post...like this this. Not short in the sense of spam...because it has a nice begining...ending..and middle...but short text wiase. Did i make sense? didn't think so...

Guest Taylor Hewitt
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Braidless Baka [/i]
[B]The only time I've found the flood limit to be a problem (that only way I'm aware of it, in fact) is when I'm sending Private Messages. Sometimes I forget to add something on, and have to send another PM. coming up against the flood limit only happened to me once, and it was a little frustrating, since I'd spent the whole 70 seconds solidly typing. But, I don't really mind, since I know it's there now I wait for a few minutes before sending what I want to add.

The only suggestion I could make for this would be maybe removing it from PMs, but like I said, it's not really an issue anymore. I just wait a few minutes. ^_^;; [/B][/QUOTE]
Actually I did just now (yes just now I got here yesterday so don't say anything about it). And I don't recall it saying anything about only one banner but I'll check that but thanx for telling me! ;)
All the best.

Edit: Checked it yep says one image terribly sorry about it.