appearance or personality

Guest Chris

which is most important  

59 members have voted

1. 1. which is most important

• aprearance
    • personality
    • both

I feel that you have to be attracted to them physically and emotionally for it to work. No offense but most people do go for looks at first that is fine, because you have to be attracted to them physically. But most girls that I find attractive think that they could do better which they can or cann't do. Not me to decide but most people think oh he a little geeky and has a funny voice I won't like him. That the case with me but most don't know the real me. But to get back on track after your attracted to them physically then you can get emotionaly involed with that person. This how it usally works in all culture. But with out the emotional attraction you won't be happy that where people go in the wrong direction. Some people go out with them because there in a band , model, has money, or other reason and are not attracted to them emotionally. I call it the popular/celeberty syndrom because that where it mostly happens.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think personality is what catches my attention, but they have to look a little decent. I mean because the only two people I've ever had a crush on weren't that great looking, I "liked" them mostly because of their personality. I don't know if it's just me, but when I get to know someone, their appearance doesn't matter anymore, it's like it just fades away.

[color=ff00cc] [size=1]Yeah... I'll have to kinda agree with you, there. oo;

Your first impression of a person is their appearance, because that's the first thing you see. You can't 'see' a person's personality, and that all comes in later once you get to know each other a little better. And you can't say appearance doesn't matter at all, because the first thing you notice about the person is their appearance, not their personality, because you can't see their personality until later, and... *trails off*

Anyway, of course, personality is most important. However, appearance also plays a small role. They don't have to be Orlando Bloom for me to like them, or anything. Basically, they need to be able to have fun, have a sense of humor, be somewhat kind to other people, etc, etc. Though you really can't say appearance doesn't matter at all. Like Celia said, all of the guys I've met irl won't even talk to a girl they don't find somewhat attractive in appearance. oo;

*nibbles on a cookie*[/color] [/size]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Well... Juu basically said it all.

You can't really 'see' a persons personality, you see their appearence first. I mean, I'd like a girl that is really pretty [i]and[/i] has a great personality, it's just most of the times you won't get that. Some girls can be pretty, yet snotty and mean because they think they have power over the 'uglier' girls.

If it were up to me, I'd definately choose both appearence and personality. ^^[/color][/size]