Guest Chris

which is most important  

59 members have voted

1. 1. which is most important

• aprearance
    • personality
    • both

Guest Chris
[color=#707875]well, i was just wondering which you people think is more important, apearance or personality. when you deside if you're going to date some one or not do you deside on how they look, or what they're like? i was just wondering because it seems like i'm the only one who doesn't judge people by their 'hotness'. all my friends pick on my because i don't make perverted jokes anymore (i got saved this year even though i pretended to be saved for a while) and i don't talk about how hot a girl is and stuff like that. i'm not gay or anything, i just don't think apearance is that important. what do you think?[/color]

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Taylor Hewitt
Personality. If everyone thought like me I would have every girl in the world... well that's just how I see it ;). Anyways I mean if the girl has a good figure and body than that is great as well but if the girl has an ok personality and another girl has an ok personality and one if them is hideous of course i would choose the good looking one. But I go for personalities. :D And I hope you guys do as well.

Best Wishes all,
Taylor Hewitt

I'd have to say personality. It's just like choosing your friends: are you going to choose your friends based on how "hot" they are or are you going to choose them based on their personalities? When you're dating someone, they're basically going to be a friend (except moreso, I guess) and you can only look at them so much before you get bored with them. If they have a good personality (and if you have a good personality, too) then hopefully, you hit it off and have a good time.

EDIT: That's not to say looks don't matter, either, because that's really the first thing you usually notice about a person. Darn it, I should've voted for both!

Guest Chris
[color=#707875]heh, i didn't think anyone would come out and say they couldn't care less about one's personality as long as they're hot. heh, you don't have to be honest in your posts, but a tleast be honest in the poll.[/color]

To be completely honest, the first thing that turns my head is a good body. Though my idea of a good body may be different from others it's still the first thing I see.

Afterward, perhaps after a few 'meetings', I find out how their personality is. If it's not compatible, then I usually don't try and take it further.

Overall, personality is the most important factor.

Guest Taylor Hewitt
If the person has a great body then they get your attention and if they have the same personality as someone else and they are beside eachother you would look her way not the other not-so-good-looking person's way and good lookin' peeps have better chance of gettin' someone even if they dont have a good personality because some people are so shallow.

[size=1] Not to be mean or anything, but the people with great figures wearing deisgner clothes tend to be rather popular and 'snotty' so I usually don't start talking to a girl who's like that when I want to make new friends. [/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by maladjusted [/i]
[B][size=1] Not to be mean or anything, but the people with great figures wearing deisgner clothes tend to be rather popular and 'snotty' so I usually don't start talking to a girl who's like that when I want to make new friends. [/size] [/B][/QUOTE] [COLOR=royalblue]She's actually right. My best friend is a designer label girl, and sheis a bit snotty sometimes.... I do have a great figure, you all know that, but I don't wear the really great clothes. I wear what is comfortable....like...jeans and a baggy T-shirt.

I notice both at once. If they're sweet and gentle, sometimes the appearence doesn't really matter. But as my current luck will tell you, I'm dating one who has both an excellent personality and really great looks.

Lord and Lady I hate it when people change their names and don't warn me......*dies*[/COLOR]

[FONT=arial]I admit that when I see a really good-lookin' guy, well, I like lookin' at him (who wouldn't? :tasty: ). if there's no personality there though, then that's all he's good for: looking at. I go with personality hands down. guys I know that, compared to other people, aren't necessarily blessed with the good looks gene come to seem attractive anyway once I get to know them and find out what great guys they really are. if you've got a good personality, it'll show through onto your countenance.[/FONT]

Guest Chris
[color=#707875]uhh . . . ginny's a she . . . .

yeah, most of the good looking/popular kids are jerks. i wonder why that is? -.- that's probably why most of my friends are dorks. heh, i don't care, as long as i don't have to spend another year with devon again . . . .[/color]

[COLOR=darkblue]I'd go with personality as well. I think apperance is the reflection of that personality. But, obviously, looks are the first thing you see (except online). This person that I like isn't really "eye candy," clothes are old and messy, wears a frown most of the time. But after breaking the ice, she's fun to listen and talk to since her interests are not really concentrated on beauty but a whole lot more on the deeper stuff.[/COLOR]

[color=crimson]Cant go wrong with a mix of each, even less than 50/50 is alright in my book. As long as I have something I can talk and discuss serious matters or joke around with and that something is at least somewhat attractive then i'm good to go.[/color]

Pardon me if I mention any points already brought up. I have to get ready for work in about 10 minutes and don't have time to read through all the posts, but I want to add my 2 cents. ^_^

Appearence, no matter what anyone says, is important. Why? Because how someone physically looks is what first attracts you to that person, or doesn't attact you to that person. I've found even online, the way someone's SN reads or the way their profile looks can make you like someone more or less (I've been a part of the online RPing community via AoL for almost 6 years, I've seen it happen). But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and you can find someone who isn't drop dread handsome/beauitful to be attractive, and their personality only helps to make them even a better looking person.

Honestly, from what I've observed? If you stop for a moment and look at someone (I mean, really look. Watch them for a moment or two, see how they're intereacting with people around them) you can see how their personality changes their physical looks. I promise you, a b****y person will give off an ugly glow (or aura, if you'd like to think of it that way). Someone who is nice will be much more pleasent looking to your eye after you've gotten over the intial "wow" of their looks.

Me personally? I think I'll be the first to admit I wouldn't date a person without finding them at least a little bit good looking. Is that shallow? You'll probably say it is...but I ask you this: Would YOU date (not marry, not call your soulmate...DATE) someone you didn't find to be slightly attractive? Of course not...But like I said before, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I'm not asking for a model.

I'm suprised. So many people have the perfect answers, yet when you face it in real life, it's not often that you'd pick someone with more personality than looks... unless it's for the long run, at least. I mean, honestly, how many people would go out with someone that has awful looks, but they don't know them enough to actually *know* their personality? I probably sound like I'm ranting and getting strange, but I'll continue anyway.

I wouldn't date someone I don't know very well unless I actually am physically attracted to them. If I'm friends with the person before-hand, though, then looks aren't really important. O_o

And may I also make this clear: I'm not the kind of person who'd date someone only for looks. If they have looks, but no personality, then they're through asap.

Anyway, I'll stop before I get out of hand.

(Some) looks and (lots of) personality is still the best in my books. ^^;

Guest Chris
[color=#707875]well, i can honestly say that i wouldn't date some one because of their looks. but i don't go on dates. i guess it's because i'm too shy or that know one would go with me, but i don't plan on dating for a while. but that's getting off topic. i think looks should make little difference. personality is what matters. but that's just my opinion.[/color]

Guest Taylor Hewitt
Personality over looks... that's not how it is in the real world. People don't care if the person dropped out of highschool they just want some hot hot hotness and that's about it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Taylor Hewitt [/i]
[B]Personality over looks... that's not how it is in the real world. People don't care if the person dropped out of highschool they just want some hot hot hotness and that's about it. [/B][/QUOTE]
[FONT=arial]ya know, someone who's dropped out of high school can still be a good person. [/FONT]

Guest Taylor Hewitt
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amibasuki [/i]
[B][FONT=arial]ya know, someone who's dropped out of high school can still be a good person. [/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]
Oops when I wrote that post I thought we were talking about dumb people or something sorry! lol

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Taylor Hewitt [/i]
[B]Oops when I wrote that post I thought we were talking about dumb people or something sorry! lol [/B][/QUOTE]
[FONT=arial]heh, s'alright, just makin' sure. got kinda skeptical, cuz I know someone who dropped out of high school; he regrets that he dropped out, and he's still a really sweet guy.[/FONt]

Guest Randleman
My girlfriend has a wonderful personality. Always funny and upbeat. But it doesn't hurt that she is drop-dead gorgeous too. I would say go for a mix. Hot girls are nice to look at, but if they have the personality of a stump, I don't think any relationship would last too long with them.

Weeell...i wear some designer clothes and makeup, cuz mai big sister is like obsessed with looks and stuff..and she kinda harrasses me if i look like crap...but i am not at all stuck up at all and still all of my friends are in the unpopular area...just because i find them kinder and more suitable as friends. As for as far as I go on looks or personality i pick personalitly...b/c if you dont have a good personality..then u are nothing. You can have good looks...but without personality you are like a moving statue.