1. 1. which is most important

• aprearance
    • personality
    • both

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe...well both matter of course. You not going to hit on just anybody, you going to hit on the most attractive thing you can find. You can't be to restrictive in what looks you'll settle for, but there is always the "ideal." Personality is a differnt thing...I have a huge long list of "musts" for personality. Personality is after all what you enteract with most of the time.

Appearance is always a first appression while personality is the deeper meaning found in someone. Of course personality is more important if your going to date someone. For a one night stand i would say just appearance but to go out with someone for a while, it has to be personality all the way. If i cant stand a persons personality i dont even try to get to know the person cause i know it will only lead into arguements. Trust me think of someones appearance as a bonus but always like someone for who they are, not what they look like.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]Looks get you in [/B][/QUOTE]

:drunk: Is that supposed to be a pun or something.

[color=red][font=times new roman]Heh well speaking as one who does date a fair amount(Not really cause I like to but how else ya gonna meet misses right :D ) looks do matter to me...But my perception of beauty or what I like in a girl isnt always what most guys think of as a great looking girl.

Couple times that I brought a date to the bookstore some of my less evolved co-workers have commented that she isnt as great looking as I said she was...But im not big on caring what others think :p

That said a good personality is a must have definetly...I think semjaza hit the nail on the head...looks reel you in and personality keeps you on the line...

Unfortunatly the dating pool down here seems to have one or the other...The search continues :laugh: [/color][/font]

A good looking girl will turn my head. But if when I talk to her and she's a biatch, I'll leave. But in truth I'll talk to anybody, I like talking to people, even though they do most of the talking.
So if a girl that isn't the greatest looking, I'll pick her over a girl that is hotter than hades, and is snobby.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by pbfrontmanvdp [/i]
[B]:drunk: Is that supposed to be a pun or something. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, I wasn't meaning it in any perverted way... and the only way I figure you could look at it that way is if you didn't notice the context of the rest of the sentence... but eh lol.

I know guys who go around, going out with real hot girls, thinking they're [i]all that[/i]. Then a week later, they break up. *gasps* "Oh no! What happened?!". That's usually what they always say about a day later.

If they had a good personality, this mightn't happen. Good looking girls are awesome, no doubt, though they're not always what they look like. Personality is the base building block. Without it, no relationship can happen. I do tend to chase the looks side of girls.. nearly every guy I know does. Though you have to crack that shell. Once you do, the personality jumps out.

I'm not going to stay with someone who can't talk and a smile would crack their face. It doesn't work.

Well I would say personality, but the first thing is appearances. If I am not attracted to that person physicaly then I will not approach the,(I dont mean that I will run away from them because they aren't beautiful to me). But I guess thats kinda sad because that person could really have a personality that fits with me. But the only way to have a long lasting relationship, one that lasts more than a day, is to have a compatible personality.

Call me vain but I say both...
I though, have a differant view on what's "attractive" then the main stream view of the tanned, A&F sporstie muscle model man, I like bookish smart skater looking guys...shrug. I guess it's all perspective...

[color=darkgreen][font=gothic]Well, although Harlequin and I are the epitome of beauty now days, we weren't when we started going out. Although he thought I was beautiful, I wasn't currenly overwhelmed with hormones and so I could see that neither of us was particularly head-turning in our appearence. But we are now...
When I met him, the thing that struck me was his manor. The way he moved, spoke, interacted with other people... his apparent outlook on life... I suppose that's personality. But he came to me, and when we began talking, it was through email. Hundreds, perhaps thousands of them. And then, it was entirely personality based. No looks involved.

So in our case, personality came before looks. And now that we're going out, we're starting to grow into pretty god-damned beautiful people. Strange... but that's the way I like it. [/font][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by juna [/i]
[B]Call me vain but I say both...
I though, have a differant view on what's "attractive" then the main stream view of the tanned, A&F sporstie muscle model man, I like bookish smart skater looking guys...shrug. I guess it's all perspective... [/B][/QUOTE]
Thats not vain, there needs to be both in my opinion. For example, if you met someone that was stuningly beautiful, but had a personality that anoyed you to the point of wanting to rip you hair out, a relationship just isn't going to work, and its the same the other way too, there needs to be some kind of pysical attraction for a relationship to work, other wise you'll just end up being friends.

The thing that gets my attention first is if a girl has piercings, for some reason, Im strongly attracted to girls with lip piercings, but they have to have a personality i can get along with well.

***one thing I'd like to state is that my post deals ONLY with human beings unless stated otherwise***

to start off i'd like to point out that i agree with Semjaza Azazel in that "Looks get you in, personality makes you stay. That's the basics of it, although I'd have to say there are far more factors around that that affect all of it" and while I'm also sure that there are other factors thats the jist of it, I voted both but there IS another way to look at the whole [i]"appearance or personality"[/i] thing...

the other point of view that people seem to be overlooking is survival. Appearance, in essence is the second most basic tool for survival (the first being basic instincs). Now with that in mind I'm NOT talking about relationships right now, just surviving as a species. appearance was a vital to survival because feminine qualities(wider hips, larger busts, etc...) were an indicator of fertillity, and fertile females(and males) were essential...really too sum it up, if it weren't for attractive people there would be a much smaller chance you would be here right now...but this survival isn't as relevant in today's world but it's still a good point to bring up in my opinion

overall, a person's personallity has incresed in value but a person's attractiveness has remained pretty much just as important. but really when it comes down to the bare essentials a person's attractiveness is whats most important

[color=indigo]Personality is overrated...

I am a shallow, egotistical individual. I care not how my significant other for the week views politics, religion, ect...
I care only how they look on my arm. If a girl is not attrctive enough to make everyone else in the room envious of me, then she is not worthy enough to be at my side...

To be honest I really think that I look at the girl in her entirety to decide. I have seen really beautiful girls that I am not the least bit attracted to and I have met girls that are both pretty and that I get along with that I would never date...[/color]

I'd say neither.

There's just something about someone that you just fall in love with, and it's not necessarily anything to do with appearance or personality.

I mean yeah, they look attractive to you, and you really need to be able to get on with them for it to work- but there can be a load of others like that too that you just don't feel anything for.

At the end of the day it's not appearance [i]or[/i] personality that makes me decide who I like- it's whether or not I actually feel anything towards them- and that's something you can't classify either way.

I've seen plenty of cute guys, but they have the nastiest attitudes. I think a person's personality is more important. It's like it's been said: Beauty is Only Skin Deep.

Take me for instance, I'm not cute to plenty of people, but I'm one of the nicest they'd ever find. Usually, cute girls (at my school) are always stuck on themselves and trying to get a boyfriend (or keep one for that matter). The nicest gifts are in plain looking packages....Okay, I love you. Buh-bye...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]Looks get you in, personality makes you stay. That's the basics of it, although I'd have to say there are far more factors around that that affect all of it. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#707875]I agree. Looks are obviously the first thing you notice, no question. You're not going to know someone's personality until you spend time with them.

Hopefully, you'll meet someone who is physically attractive, but who also has a strong personality to keep your interest for a long period. If you manage to find someone like that, you're pretty lucky. ^_^[/color]

[SIZE=1]Well most of the people I know think about the body, and if shes hot or not. Thats pretty much what a lot of people look for. Yeah thats okay for them, they can do that. I have nothing against it, but again I would like a good pretty girl that has a good personality. Most girls now just want to be pretty and they're trying to get the boys, but they don't remember they're personality, and then they get rejected. I have seen that happen a lot.

I'm sure all of you who think they're personality is more important don't want to go out with the ugliest lookin' girl in school, even if her personality is real good. Now come on, think about. I know I wouldn't. Personally I don't want to get married, and I do not want to have children. Sure that's my personal opinion, I just don't want to. Though I would want a person with a good personality and a farely good body.

I would want both. A good personality and a good apearance. I'm sure we all would. But if she was real pretty and had a horrible personality I wouldn't want her. So basicly we all want somebody that looks half way decent with a good personality. I could care less if I don't have a "girl-Friend" I don't want one, but if I did, she would atleast have to look half way decent, with a good personality.

But since I can get into it, and more important is a good personality, I think personality should come before apearance. I'm just making the statement that she should look atleast half way decent, and if she was the ugliest girl/boy in school with a god personality you probably wouldn't go out with her.[/size]

well, i won't lie to you, i do have a thing for 6-packs, i'm picky, but at the same time the only men i've EVER really felt for aren't all that attractive. i mean, as my emotion deepens for them, so does my attraction until i find him irresistable and i just can't live without him. in the end i prefer a decent man that treats me right and looks a little not pretty, rather than a hot *******. . .so yea

What??? Image and Personality are both important; you need personality to build a realtionship on, but if there's no attraction you are better off talking to a wall. Personality is the 1st choice though, but he better have some good features or no go.