OtakuBoards

Gorillaz?!?!

Guest Tec-9

Guest Pikeon
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kireikage [/i]
[B]Supposedly, the band Gorrilaz doesn't actually exist. It's a manufactered band with cartoon characters representing non-existent members, and they have other bands create their music. This is just a rumor though, i don't know if it's true. As to whether they're good or not... it's hard to say. I respect them for breaking away from the mainstream, and they DID make an interesting combo of music styles... although I doubt that country's one of them ;) [/B][/QUOTE]
It is a cartoon band.
The first one since some other band.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=royalblue][size=1][b]I like Clint Eastwood, but I also like 19/2000...which I didn't like at first. lol

But now I'm really starting to like it. Their songs kind of grow on me...[/b][/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

I like M1-A1 Alot...that might be my fave song, that and Man Research (or Main...i dunno)

i take it all back! it just needs some time gettin' used to! it's so tight!!!! they even have a spanish song! lol... ne way, continuin' after AJ2K1(sp??):

The essence, the basics.
Without them, ya make it..
So Allow me to make this,
Child, as in nature!
Rythm(sp??)-
Ya have it or ya don't.
It's a falasy!
I'm in them,
Every sproutin' tree,
Every child apiece,
Every cloud ya see!
Ya see wit you eyes!
ya see destruction and demise,
Corruption in the skies,
From this F*cken enterprise!
And i'm suckin' to your lies.
Through Russel, not his muscles but cuz of the precussion he provides!
Ya'll see me as a guide!
Ya'll don't see me now cos y'all don't see wit you eye!
You percieve with yo mind!
That's the inner!
Now i'm gonna stick with russ to be a mentor!
Bust a few rhymes so muthaf*ckas remember what the thought is,
I brought all this so you can survive when law is-
Lawless!
Fearless, sensations that you thought were dead!
No squealing, just remember
[whispered]That's it's all in your head!

Chorus
pretty nice, eh? i memorized the whole song! although i have a problem towards the end of the first verse.... now lemme go check if these lyrics are right..... they're rite!

• 3 months later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Master G [/i]
[B]They are made up of dif members of diff bands

like i said b4...2-D is from blur

well, atleast he is

Noodle is a 10yr old chinese girl

murdoch & Russel...beats me [/B][/QUOTE]

Let it be known before I start that I do not like the Gorillaz...I'm just musically knowledged.

Noodle isn't really 10 years old, just to let you know, though she is a short Chinese girl. 2-D is Damon Alburn form Blur, yeah. Murdoch, beats me...Russel is Dan the Automator, who's a DJ that's fairly well known to the underground hip hop world (one of my favorites).

Personally, I think that without Del the Funky Homosapien, the Gorillaz would have never really gone anywhere.

:freak: / forever hieroglyphical
sHin

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tec-9 [/i]
[B]hahahaha!! who said they "rocked?" seriously.. who said they rocked, they don't rock. their mixed... as in hip hop/alternative/country/etc... ne way, i listened to their cd.. eh.. only good song is the only one they play on the radio... Clint Eastwood... i would burn the cd, but i don't wanna waste ten minutes on a cd dat's so cheap! j/k.. but they ain't as good... [/B][/QUOTE]

What's wrong with you?!!! Gorillaz is tight!! Their high tempo beats are strictly contagious!! That kind of music you can play in the clubs! Are you sure you were listening right?:demon:

Here I am, and I have a question. What happened to my "Gorillaz" topic that I posted just a half-hour ago? Oh well. Gorillaz kick azz, I like tomorrow comes today, and 19-2000. Anyone seen the music video for that? That's the tightest music video. With cars, freeways doing loops, a giant moose and UFO's. It's beast.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]I can proudly say that I have never heard ANY Gorillaz songs.

Any group that has the name "Gorillaz" and has a song called "Clint Eastwood" doesn't deserve to be listened to... and I won't.... but thats just me... [/B][/QUOTE]

That's a shame TN I can't believe your judging them by their names...LOL
Just kidding...but I have to agree w/ the other "Clint Eastwood" is and awesome song!!!! I'm not sure about the rest of te CD though!!!!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sweetreyes [/i]
[B]

That's a shame TN I can't believe your judging them by their names...LOL
Just kidding...but I have to agree w/ the other "Clint Eastwood" is and awesome song!!!! I'm not sure about the rest of te CD though!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, since the time I posted that, I've actually heard Clint Eastwood...

To say the least, I wasn't impressed at all. It was too boring and just... no... not worth my time... I'm sure the rest of the songs just don't cut it... so I won't bother... plus... American bands aren't my thing... or American "bands"... after all Gorillaz is just some animated gimmik...

Guest FoulZWash
:babble: lol.. hehe, y is this ol' thread still here?! I'v forgotten bout it since i first posted in it!! lol.. well, time has changed, and so have i... and lemme just start by saying, I haven't heard the gorillaz for a very long time, but don't get me wrong-- they still "Rock!"

The Gorillaz have made a couple of more songs and even made one with The dirtiest dozen you'll eva hear, D-12!! they've made quite a name for themselves...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by FoulZWash [/i]
[B]:babble: lol.. hehe, y is this ol' thread still here?! I'v forgotten bout it since i first posted in it!! lol.. well, time has changed, and so have i... and lemme just start by saying, I haven't heard the gorillaz for a very long time, but don't get me wrong-- they still "Rock!"

The Gorillaz have made a couple of more songs and even made one with The dirtiest dozen you'll eva hear, D-12!! they've made quite a name for themselves... [/B][/QUOTE]

I am the original D-12 fan!!! They are so cool!! They're the black group version of Eminem!!! I recommand them to anyone as insane and demented as me!!!!:whoops:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Panny Chan ;) [/i]
[B]

I am the original D-12 fan!!! They are so cool!! They're the black group version of Eminem!!! I recommand them to anyone as insane and demented as me!!!!:whoops: [/B][/QUOTE]

I liked "fight music"...
And they're the black version of Eminem because Eminem was part of D-12 before he went solo. That's for yo out there who don't know, but I bet Panny C; does

Oh, yeah, and Gorillaz do rock. I got their album Russia, who sold me a REAL copy (Very rare for the market dealers I bought it from, and a snip at £2)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by D. Dark [/i]
[B]

I liked "fight music"...
And they're the black version of Eminem because Eminem was part of D-12 before he went solo. That's for yo out there who don't know, but I bet Panny C; does

Oh, yeah, and Gorillaz do rock. I got their album Russia, who sold me a REAL copy (Very rare for the market dealers I bought it from, and a snip at £2) [/B][/QUOTE]

Yup!! That's right!! I like "Fight Music" also, but anyone know from what movie they made the video after? I've saw it but forgot the name!!:mad: