Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Is there really a "cool"?


Recommended Posts

Guest Taylor Hewitt
Posted
Is there? Maybe. Maybe not. I don't think so. There may be different people who think cool is something else. Cool is what you want it to be. I want to get you people's opinions on what cool is. Because I'm not going anywhere and I really don't have an opinion ^_^.
Posted
Cool is obviously subjective. It's like trying to define 'normal', except, in my opinion, even harder. However, I think the obsession with it is meaningless.

-Justin
Posted
Saying cool is like saying you like something. Just instead of saying "I like that." you say, "Man, thats cool." Thats why there are alot of different variations of cool.
Posted
[color=purple] Cool is in the eye of the beholder. It really depends on who is looking at it, cool can vary from place to place. For example Good Charlotte was really cool at my school for a few months and then it went out of coolness but while i was at camp everyone was like yeah good charlotte is really cool. [/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][b]Homer:[/b] So, I realized that being with my family is more important than being cool.

[b]Bart:[/b] Dad, what you just said was powerfully uncool.

[b]Homer:[/b] You know what the song says: "It's hip to be square".

[b]Lisa:[/b] That song is so lame.

[b]Homer:[/b] So lame that it's... cool?

[b]Bart and Lisa:[/b] No.

[b]Marge:[/b] Am I cool, kids?

[b]Bart and Lisa:[/b] No.

[b]Marge:[/b] Good. I'm glad. And that's what makes me cool, not caring, right?

[b]Bart and Lisa:[/b] No.

[b]Marge:[/b] Well, how the hell do you be cool? I feel like we've tried everything here.

[b]Homer:[/b] Wait, Marge. Maybe if you're truly cool, you don't need to be told you're cool.

[b]Bart:[/b] Well, sure you do.

[b]Lisa:[/b] How else would you know?
[/QUOTE]
[size=1]Anyway, "cool" is incredibly subjective, and it just depends on the people you are with. For example: While Bosko may be cool to some, he may be uncool to others. You shouldn't worry too much about what is cool and what is not, because everyone has a different view on what coolness really is, so it doesn't matter.

-Shy[/size]
Posted
cool really has no decription and yet it has many descriptions i guess. Its something that if u really think about defining u will see my point. I dont even wanna try.
Guest Crimson Spider
Posted
Cool is a temperature that is a little above cold, and the tolerable point of which it doesn't bother you in the least bit...

Oh! You mean the other cool.

Cool is what people use to describe something that they like. Of course, they are led around like sheep to what is "Cool" or not. For lack of a better word of sorts. Whenever someone says something is cool, I ask them why. Then as soon as they are done, I ask them why that makes it cool, and they can't answer. Or they say it is just because. Then I ask what cool really means, and they can't answer.

Basically, something is cool to someone because someone else said so.
Posted
[color=green][size=1][i]I honestly dont think there is a such thing as cool. I'm with what Chou Long Kai said its just a definetion of something that looks good. So thats what I think there is no such thing.[/color][/size][/i]
Posted
Cool is something that's nice, and good. Stupid is something that's not good or amazing.

That's just my opinion. I think that people should not judge people saying like your cool or something, I think they should only say somethings cool if it's like a game.That's my opin
Posted
[color=green][size=1][i]I totally agree with you. There is no such thing. Cool should only be used, if used at all, to say that a game is coolor something liek that.[/color][/size][/i]
Posted
I just think cool is what you think... an opinion. The things you like are "cool" to you. So many people disagree on what is cool or not and I'm always thinking give it up, there is no "cool". So yeah, I think it's just an opinion thing.
Posted
Cool is the overwhelming minority who are popular, taken up by the majority who are not. Cool is like fog. You can see it from away, but when you have it, it is all around you, not [i]you[/i]. Cool is made up. Fictitious. Entirely in the mind. Cool is whatever the popular kids are doing.....
Posted
[color=blue]I'd have to say cool is all a personal opinion thing. Everybody thinks something different about what is cool. Some people, for instance think sitting at a computer is cool. Some people think acting tough and driving around in a **** car is cool. But most people are idiots.
I'd have to say the closets definition is cool, is Christopher Walken's character in the movie Pool-Hall Junkies. Go see that movie. Incredibly cool.[/color]
Posted
I think cool is what you make it. Cool is what is in and cool is not what is out. ... Arrg I know it's confusing but still.
Posted
as has been said a lot already, Cool is entirely subjective. I know what I think is cool, but then I know many people who would think they were stupid.

I mean, anime, roleplays, rock music, lots of people hate each one of these. I think they are cool as it gets.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...