Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
This isn't just some random question, I actually plan on using this information.

Anyway, the title pretty much says it all. Some of you may have CDs just lying around that you've had since you're 3 and haven't listened to in 10 years... don't count those. Just the ones you've bought recently/still enjoy. Like if you have one of those cases for your CDs, just count those.
Posted
I assume just music CDs?

According to my listing at Guzzlefish... 168 or something. I really have more around 270, I'd say. A good deal I'm embarassed to even own at this point, though.

Still listen to? Who knows. I'd say in the 80s to 120s or so.

I generally concentrate on about the 50 or so I have ripped on my computer though.

I have about 15 burned CDs total, as well. The rest are just mixes of stuff I own.

PS - Sorry, edited this a few times heh.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]I assume just music CDs?[/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah.

Oh, and go ahead and include CDs you burned yourselves (thieves!). Though maybe separate them, that might be helpful to me.
Posted
[color=darkred][size=1]Who needs CDs when you can have Kazaa, I dont buy any CDs and I only have like 1 or too that I got for free hehe, I get all my music on kazaa. I think buying CDs is a waste of my money[/color][/size]
Posted
[size=1] I have about 20 CD's give or take, Double that if you count ones burned :p

I'd own alot more authentic music if the RIAA would be more reasonable in pricing it's flimsy plastic disc's [/size]
Guest pantalaimon
Posted
2 both burned i don't do music i like it but i spend money on ps2 games and the love of a mother.
Posted
dont really know. probably around 95 real cd's an somewhere near 250 burned ones. no joke i have four shoe boxes of burned cds...without any cases. that doesnt include the stacks by my comp, in my cars(i have two but one dont work) and next to my stereo.
Posted
I really dont want to go around the house and count them all, so I will just give some ruff estemates.

Cd's - around 300
(not including burt cd's)
burned cd's - around 50
tapes - around 150
records - around 150 maybe more,I am not sure.

I cant limit my musical tendicies to just one genre of music, as you can see my music spans from records to the modern day CD. I like too many different kinds of music to find one prodominate style that I have more of than the others.
Posted
Back when I had a real job, before the dot.com bust, all I did was buy CDs. So I have quite a few, about 60% of which actually still get rotation every couple of weeks.

Lessee, numbers...

I have two of the big Case Logics, so that's 264 that get listened to, and I have a Uhaul box full of jewel cases, the stuff I never get around to. I don't really have any burned CDs except the comps that I make for myself out of my collection... (what a boy scout! ?_?)
Posted
[size=1] Well, my Dad recently gave me all of his old CDs...

There's Rush in there ([i]great[/i] band), a whole lot of Elton John...basically some stuff that's around the 80s, when I guess he was most into music. I'm sure there's [i]at least[/i] 35-40 CDs there. That's a rough estimate, yeah, but I'm too lazy to look..plus I'm at the library right now anyways.

As for those I've bought? About 15-20. I haven't really bought too much...but my collection is slowly growing.

As for burned CDs...I have a lot..but most are too scratched to listen to now lol. But I have burned about 5 .mp3 CDs recently (just basically burning songs as a regular Data CD if you're not familiar with it. It allows you to fit about 140 songs onto one disk instead of just 80 minutes like usual). So as for burned CDs, I'd say about 15-20 as well.

So about 65, roughly, in total. It's probably over, but whatever. I'm not going to sit there like some geek and count them all up lol.

I do hope to really get a lot bigger collection than this...especially once I get another job.[/size]
Posted
[color=indigo]I probably have 120-130 or so CDs that I listen to regularly and fifteen to twenty ripped CD's (mostly bootlegged songs).

I have at least another hundred CD's that I don't ever listen to and seven or eight box sets that I bought just to have.[/color]
Posted
I have not bought many CDs over all. I probably have a little over 50, and like 20 in heavy rotation. But if we are counting samplers as well, I have well over 300. My friends brother promotes almost every local band and gives out samplers for almost any band that passes through here.

Quite nice actually.
Posted
Let's see...

I have about 20 store-bought CDs, 10 of which I still listen to. Then I have about 7 burned CDs.

I used to have a lot more CDs, but one of my brothers had a habit with borrowing and selling my stuff for cash. I still hold a grude for when he "lost" my Fugees CD.
Posted
[FONT=arial]I own about 50 CD's, if you don't include ones that have gone 'missing' *cough*[size=1]stolen[/size]*cough*. here's the [URL="http://www.guzzlefish.com/collection.php?username=amibasuki&mediatype=C"]Guzzlefish list[/URL] of most of 'em; they didn't list some of the stuff I've got. quite a mixture of things in there. most of the more embarrassing items listed are things I got back in the days of 6th grade, so be nice :p. I think I have around 10 burned copies of various CD's or MP3's. as for what I still listen to, just whatever I'm in the mood for, I guess. some CD's are just played more than others, lol.[/FONT]
Posted
[font=gothic][color=indigo]Well, my father does music reviews for a newspaper, so we get large piles of cds sent to us every month...

So, in total, we have somewhere between 750 and 850 cds total, 95% of them real. Of course, 65% of them bear a "Sample Product, not for sale" sticker, on them.

As for the ones I listen to....Probably around 120 of them, depending on mood.[/font][/color]
Posted
I have 23 CD's, but what I usually do is borrow my friend's CDs and copy them onto mini-discs. Each mini disc can hold usually a maximum of 400 minutes of music.
Posted
I have about 400 Cd's and about 150 Burned Cd's. I listen to about 150 real ones and all of my burned ones. If i include my Dad's and my big brother's Cd's we could easily break the 1000 mark, and that's just the REAL CD's!

PS - I am very curious to what you are using this info for...please tell :D.
Posted
I'd say I have about 10 CDs. They are like Linkin Park, 2, 3 doors down 2, and umm... great, Good Charollete 1, Evanesence 1, oh great, I don't remember any. Well I do have around 10, I just get most of my music from WINMX.
Posted
I have around 70 or so real CDs, but then my brother has well over 100 more that I can borrow pretty much whenever I want. I have quite a few burned cds, maybe around 40.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...