OtakuBoards

Rammstein

Moor_Child

No, they don't have a video set to clips of DBZ lol. Thats what is called a home made music video. They used to be and may still be very popular in the anime world.

I think anyone who doesn't live under a rock has heard of Rammstein. If not they've heard of Du Hast.

They are a great band, I have all of their albums. They are one of those few groups who hasn't changed their sound much through their career and popularity. I also like the fact that the American audience once took in a foriegn group that makes music not in English of Spanish. Thats always a good thing. They gave a new sound to American radio, one that completely blew away all others.

Guest Fiasco
Well, first off, I give a big compliment to Rammstein, they sing German in their songs, no matter where they are, and people still like them. That tell's you something.

I think that Rammstein is okay, not the best, but unique since they sing German and not American. :) But my favorite song would have to be Spiel Mit Mir. :)

They haven't released anything since Mutter to even justify touring. I'd imagine they have something coming out rather soon, it has been awhile...

I think they do those big Ozzfest styled tours here... the problem is I don't want to spend $80 to see three bands I like and 10 I can't stand.

I like Rammstein, but not to an insane extent.

[size=1][color=CC0000]I used to like Rammstein quite a lot, I think it was James who told me to download "Engel" at first. I really really liked this song, so I downloaded a few more, but never got any of their albums.

My taste for Rammstein has kinda.. died now though. I don't really like them now, but I can stand them.[/size][/color]

I have a bunch of friends who take German. They all love Rammstein.
"Ich liebe Rammstein," says "ZytaZiouZ".
Ann says "their music is great, but if you take the time to translate it, it's really sick. but since we speak english, who cares."
I think they're a lot of fun to listen to and nice break from all the English.
Rock on Rammstein!!

[size=1] They are okay depending on my mood. It's kind of hard to like anything when you don't completely understand it...but it also give it this nice, "Wow, I can listen and draw my own pointless inclusions!" vibe.

All I have heard is [i]Mutter[/i]. I haven't really gotten to translating any of their stuff other than the song "Mutter" itself.

Not knowing much of anything of German, it's hard to really get into this kind of music. But I do like them when I'm in the mood.[/size]

My friend happens to be (or he was) a big Rammstein fan. We went to a concert together, and it was quite amazing. The lead singer came out on fire, and stayed on fire for the first song. A few of the band members blew fire, shot fire, etc throughout the show.

Rammstein is excellent. Of course the first song i heard was du hast but after that i was hooked. If anyone saw XXX with Vin Diesel theyre in the beginning playing on stage. And the song theyre playing is Fueur Frei or something really close to that. That song is insane, its so good. I had a site with all the lyrics on it, theyre pretty weird. but overall a greeat band.

Du Hast means "you hate" in the song. The whole line is "you hate me to say".

It was rather funny that this was pegged as "German hate music" by the media after Columbine. I suppose just because they say hate in it. The song, from what I remember, seems mostly about him not loving a girl than anything else.

Trust me. I am in my 4th year of German. The official lyrics are "Du hast" which is "you have." If it were "you hate," it would be "du hasst." Also, "Du hast mich gefragt" is in past tense, and it means "you asked me." If you would like me to translate anything else I can try.

Rammstein site's translations of their songs have it as "You hate me". In fact, that's exactly what they say in the English version of the song too. However, if I plug it into some translator it says "You have me in demand", as you said.

I can't argue with you, as I wouldn't know lol. It doesn't make much sense to me though... I guess they just changed the wording in English so people could more easily understand? That, or perhaps it was just written incorrectly in the US version.

Oh well.

Guest EyesofAura
Man i love Rammstein! they are pretty cool.:cool: i love their song Do Hascht Mech or something like that....it means i hate you i think. am i right?

Kind of, technically the song is "Du hast" or "You have," but really I think it is a play on words, or a double meaning. So technically the lyrics mean "You have me," and "you asked me" but I think that it has a double meaning of hate. For one thing, I think that the American version only has "hate" is because they can't have the double meaning. That is just one thing that you cannot fully translate.

On a side note, listen to "Buch Dich." Right now that is by far my favorite Rammstein song, and I can post what a few parts mean.
WARNING! (ACHTUNG!) they are very bad in a sense, that you could be beaten without a thought if you said them to someone. For one thing, "Buch dich" means "bend over" ("bend you" literally).

Rammstein is awsome. And I saw that in the German version Sehnsucht Du Hast means "You Have" and in the English version it means "You Hate", dunno. I have Mutter, Herzeleid and Sehnsucht. My favorite would probably be Sehnsucht. Then again the other two are close to it. My favorite [i]songs[/i] from them are Links 2 3 4, Herzeleid, Feuer Frei!, Mutter, Eifersucht and Kuss Mich (Fellfrosch).

I got into Rammstein by my friend, who also got me into ICP which is another story. And we have actually looked up translated lyrics to different songs. Some of them are weird. Even when translated correctly it still sounds weird. But, meh.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nomad [/i]
Du Hast means "You Have" and in the English version it means "You Hate", dunno. QUOTE]

Read my last post. It explains that. Du hast literally means "You have," but it is a play on words, so it also means "you hate." Essentially, it is supposed to mean both.

I [i]did[/i] read your last post, and I was just stating what I saw and that's it. Don't go into anything because you think I was trying to be ignorant or trying to do something that you have already done.

Anyway, on Thursday I got Live Aus Berlin from my friend, and it's a cool live version of some of their songs like Du Hast, Heirate Mich, Herzeleid, Du Riescht So Gut, Sehnsucht and Rammstein. It's pretty cool.

I love Rammstein,though it's hard to really get into it since I can't understand it.And I can't really sing to it without totally murdering the pronunciations.And I really don't wanna be singing something I don't understand and happen to be walking by someone who *does* understand.I heard that one of the songs is about killing or burning babies or something(can't remember which one).I don't wanna be walking past a German person and be singing about killing kids. . .Anyway,they have a nice mixture of electronic and heavy metal,and I really like it.Plus,German just sounds so much more. . .angrier. . .than english. . .I dunno,maybe it's just me.