OtakuBoards

Kurookami High School: Where Sanity Is Rare

erinzyger

[color=teal][b]Students bustled through the halls of Kurookami High School, some talking with friends, some talking to no one, and some talking outloud to themselves. Some were also giving swirlies, setting off fireworks, and generally getting into trouble. And some...Well, I don't think we want to know what they're doing. In the front of the school was a large clocktower and on that clocktower was a giant screen. Suddenly, that screen lit up and a girl with strawberry blonde hair appeared on screen.

"Hello and good morning fellow students of Kurookami High!" Aiko Mitsume greeted the school with a smiling face. Everybody looked up to watch the report. The girl smiled again and said, "As you all know, I'm Aiko Mitsume and I'm reporting on the upcoming Kurookami High School Fighting Championship Extravaganza!"

An excited murmur ran through the crowd. The Kurookami High School Fighting Championship Extravaganza was the high point of the year. The best of the best in the school clubs competed against each other to win the greatest honor in the whole school: School Fighting Champion. Aiko coughed to let them know that she wished to continue and they all turned back to the screen.

"As I was saying, I'm reporting on the Championship. The fights are going begin tonight with the opening ceremonies and first fight. The event will start at 6:00 PM at the Mega Dome ((OOC: the fighting arena of Kurookami)) and end...Well, let's just leave it at 'when we finish'. Now for the schedule!"

Aiko's image was replaced by pictures of the six teams: the Fight Team, Goth Incorperated, Digital Starlight, Card Game Masters, The KNIGHTS, and the Weapons Club. The moved to form 3 rows, the first and last of team pictures, and the middle one blank. Aiko's picture appeared in the middle row.

"Now for the schedule! Todays fight is Goth Incorperated versus Digital Starlight. Tomorrow's is The Fight Team versus The Weapons Club. And on Wednesday's fight is Card Game Masters versus The KNIGHTS. That's all we have planned for now! This is Aiko Mitsume, signin' out!"

The screens went blank and everyone resumed what they were doing, most now discussing the fights.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OOC: People who do not have a fight can do other things. They can help other teams, plot against other teams, watch, just not care, or do just about anything. Remember, ANYTHING can happen at Kurookami! Be creative! C-ya on the other side! *flys off on one of her winged monkey soldiers*[/color][/b]

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deep underneath the building of Kurookami High School, in what people nicknamed the dunagen the Weapons Club was perpairing for the match tommorow. "Okay people we have got to train hard to win! We are going to take home that trophy are you guys with me?!" drilled Suziki Kowi leader of the Weapons club was drilling the team as she had every practice for the last fighting season. On the wall behinde her were an isortment of weapons: swords, guns, bows and arrows, prom queen tiras, skateboards. Anything, anything at all, that you could use for a weapon was there. The other 2 members Julius Kaen and Suzuki Tizuma were siting on a bench looking EXTERMLY board seeing as how they had heard this speech too many times to count." Are you guys with me?!" Suzuki asked again. "yea" the teammates muummbled. "Alright then this practice is started!" They each took the weapon(s) of choice and headed into their practice room aka the once ya see it you ain't gonna see ANYTHING again room. Why this title?! Beacause the floor, walls, and ceiling would decide to have things spring out at any given moment. Anivals, bricks sharp object anything goes. Why? Cause it's Kurookami High School: Where Sanity Is Rare duh!

[font=gothic][color=indigo]I'm going to warn this thread once, and after that I'll simply close it, regardless of what the transgression is and who's responsible for it. This thread is going to pick up on spelling and grammar, and other such post quality related things, very quickly, and quite dramatically. I want to see some decent literature people. Then, and this will be a collaborative effort, this thread will actually develop a storyline. It will not consist of fights and nothing else. And while you can make it as insane as you like, make sure it is a) coherent, and b) somewhat possessed of a measure of continuity.

The assured co-operation is appreciated.
Insanely yours
The Harlequin.[/font][/color]

[COLOR=blue]

A tall dark-haired lady stood amoung the crowd of students. Many passed by and acknowledged her while others stood around staring to make sure she didn't notice them. Many of the students like Ms. Narusegawa while others dispised her, she knew it too. Many a day had she seen egg on her car, broken glass and other items that showed dislike. But she went on.

As she passed by the onlookers she acknowledged them and went on. She didn't really care what th students did so after she passed they continued with their activities.

She walked cool and calmly down the hall where Aiko bumped into her.

"Hey Ms. M (for Mitoko)" she said now walking with the lady. "Is everything all set for tonight."

"Yeah, things are in order right now, but who knows, just like last yeah the event can get outta control, but I hope to start that this year."

"How so?"

Ms. M looked down at Aiko and walked quietly along the hall.

"You haven't answered me!"

"Well right here isn't the place that these things should be discussed, we will meet later and talk okay."

"Okay Ms. M, but I'm off. See ya."

The strawberry haired girl quickly turned around and trotted down the hall. Ms M. kept going stoppping an occasional student to either bug them or just say hi. Soon she headed to her office where another day of micheif and mayhem could take place.[/COLOR]

Michael walked into the school's arena, closely followed by the strongest members of the Fight Club. They surrouned him like a barrier. He slowly walked, all of the fight CLub had a smirk on there faces. They slowly walked.

Ars woke suddenly as the announcement blared on the clocktower. He rolled over and hung his head over the edge of the railing to just catch the end of the announcement. "so," thought ars to himself, " I'm up against those damn card carrying freaks first. well they shouldn't be to difficult..." Yes, Ars is part of the KNIGHTS team, but not by choice, they were the only team that was accepting applications. grrrrr. Well Ars began to make his way down the clocktower that had recently become his teams headquarters, the place where he ditched classes and one of his favorite places to take a nap. This year he was going to prove to Kurookami High that he was the true Bandit King and his chance would come in two days when he slaughtered the card freaks in the first round. oooh he could still feel the pain of being knocked out in the first round of last years tournament. " But I've improved since last year," he thought as he walked past the mound of stolen goods he has accumulated," yes I've improved." :naughty:

Guest Wind master
Zel was always late for school.She got up and turned her cd player on.
Babalon A.D. blared into her head as she grabed her skatebord and went outside to head for school than changed her mind and went to her teams headquarters.When she got there no one was there.She dosent mind she takes off her trench coat she had on a leather t-shirt and black paints with leather boots.she turned up her cd player and went to practice.When she went into her traning room she set the room for speed tests.She straped her cd player to her belt and got ready.WOOSH
two darts came at her.she dodged them both with great speed.After speed practice she went fot a work out.she went into the gravity room and turned up the gravety to about 100.she was used to this it was like a warm up.She still had her cd player on while Serpen Toung started.

Nariko sighed, hopping off of her motorbike, throwing her bag of weapons on her back. "Well today's the day." she spoke, stretching her arms behind her back. Walking into the headquarters, she sighed, closing the door behind her.

"Might as well change out of these clothes" and with that, she changed, putting on a red halter top and a pair of black short shorts. She tied up her black heels, sticking a few weapons into the side pockets. She laced her pocket knives inside of her shoestrings.

"I need to talk to Michael before the fight...maybe." she replied to herself, tying her hair into a ponytail and placing on her black and red fingerless gloves. She applied her makeup, using one of her swords as a mirror. She placed a mini katana inside of her hair and clapped her hands, activating the special device planted on it. "Done!"

Pressing the keypad on the machine, she heard it stop, seeing the occupant inside. "I thought it was you Zel...everyone's waiting for you."

"Well, you know me...I'm always late." Nariko nodded, picking up her bag.

"Come on...time to go." she replied, locking the door of headquarters. She walked down the hall with Zel, smirking at the students that were scattered over the hall.

"Why are you always doing that?"

"What?"

"Smirking...it has Fight Club written over it." Nariko shook her head, unable to stop smirking.

"Well, what can I say? It was a habit that I learned while being in Fight Club...don't like it, complain to Michael, not me..." she replied, winking at one of the dumbfounded boys leaning on a locker.

A young looking boy stood in the crowd before school had started, listening and watching an announcement that came. His team the KNIGHTS were fighting against the Card Game Masters, this could be a problem. Removing his arms from his kimono like sleeves, he crossed his arms and rested them by his belt, his left eye closed as he watched the clock tower. After this announcement had finished, Rue sighed to himself as he made his way into the school,? So the Card Game Masters she said my team will be fighting, I hope that my brothers will not show to watch me.?

As the young boy walked through the crowds of students, his dark pink (yeah you read right, dark pink!) colored eyes fell onto two girls that were walking together. Looking a bit nervous he tried not to start anything with the two, so he kept walking, but as he passed them he could feel their aura. They could probably feel his as well, but he was walking too fast in the crowd to be caught by eyes.

?So, right now, I have class of course,? his mind raced with thoughts of the battle, he could feel himself being a bit?excited?

[COLOR=blue]
[I]Walking back from the announcement, Eli got a lot of comments on the upcoming fight. Most of them were negative though, and that upset him a little bit.[/I]
"Why doesn't anyone think I can do this? Is it because I dress a bit differently? Oh well, I can't let it bring me down right now, I have a fight to prepare for. But first..."
[I]Eli pulled a small remote out of his backpack and pushed a large, blue button. Everyone stopped as the lights went out in the school and black lights took their place. some of the students were shining, but he shined the most. He pulled out his Skyliners and was about to write a message when he heard Ms. Mitoko's yell from somewhere in the hall.[/I]
"Eli! Turn on those lights at once!"
"Yes Ms. M!"
[I]Disappointed because his chance for fun had been ruined, Eli put his Skyliners back in his backpack and was about to do as Ms. M said when he saw a group of people walking towards him that the black lights didn't affect. It was Goth Incorporated. A shiver went up his spine as they walked by and glared at him. He restrained himself from doing anything and just glared back. He wanted to make them pay for last year, but it could wait until the fight later tonight. He turned the normal lights back on and looked around the room.[/I]
"Has anyone seen, Hanako?"
[I]No one answered him so he just put on his headphones.[/I]
"...These arms lack a purpose, floating like a hummingbird. I'm nervous 'cause I'm the left eye, you're the right. Would it not be madness to fight...?" [I]He mumbled to himself.[/I]
[/COLOR]

The world spun around Ars at an unbelievably high pace as he spun gracefully around the clocktower, throwing his blades this way and that, acting as if he were floating on clouds. As he slowed to a stop he gazed around the room seeing that each of his blades had taken a bulls eye on the many targets he set up around, each with the face of one of his competitors from the five other teams and of the faces he had tore from the school yearbook. He had only left one picture untouched in his spinning carnage, it was the one face he would never throw a knife at. It was a picture the strawberry haired announcer that he had a crush on since his freashman year. Aiko Mitsume:love:.
Suddenly Ars snapped out of trance, kicked up a piece of loose wood and and caught it with the points of the retractable blades on his wrist. At that moment a dagger flew through the window of the clock tower and he deflected it with the wood he had impaled moments before. He quickly ran over to see one of the Card Game Masters summoned birds fly away with what looked to be his master on his back. Ars looked to see where the stray dagger had been deflected to, and to his greatest anger it aws smack dab in the middle of his picture of Aiko Mitsume.
" This is war," Ars declared as he threw his entire stock of hidden blades into the section where he kept the card freaks pictures, "They will suffer at my hand and no one else's."

Guest Wind master
Zel gose to her locker and takes out her (special) gloves and put them on she hits button on them and she points her hand at a few kids walking by.WHOOSH the slam into some lockers."ha"she laughts.Her long teeth showing she turns her cd player up and walks of to the bathroom to have a smoke.She breaths in and puffs out a ring of smoke."You dont know peace till you've had suffering".Mushroomhead blarrs inot her head as she leaves the bathroom."She ya latta Nariko"She said.She walke slowly off to her first class and made sure her head phones where up all the way to drown out her teacher.she fell asleep.

[color=teal][b]Aiko ran her hand through her hair as she sat in the seat at the desk at the front of the room. [i]Subbing for Mr. Matts in Journalism is sometimes fun but...[/i] She looked around the room at the classroom full of second years, most of whom were talking or passing notes or sending paper airplanes flying across the room. She sighed heavily. [i]Sometimes it's not.[/i] She heard the door open and another student walked in. It was Ars, another second year she knew. He looked pretty ticked as he sat down at his desk, but his mood seemed to lighten a little when he saw that she was subbing.

The third year smiled at the class and cleared her throat. She took out a giant megaphone and yelled, "MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION NOW?!?!"

Everyone stopped what they were doing and sat down. Even a paper aiplane that was still in midflight stopped. Aiko smiled again and put down the megaphone.

"Now, class, I'm your substitute, Ms. Mitsume. But you all can call me Aiko! Now, will you please hand in your homework assignments from your last class?" Aiko asked. The students ((actually, only 2/3 of them)) handed in their homework. She put the papers in a file folder and stood up.

"Class, I'd like you to split up into groups of two and work on the roleplay excercise you worked on in your last class." she instructed. The students split up into twos and found spots in the room to practice. Aiko began to correct the journalism papers. Ars stood up and walked over to her.

"Hey, Aiko, I don't have a partner." he leaned against the desk and smirked at her. Aiko looked up from the papers to Ars.

"Uh...okay. I guess I'll be your partner for this exercise." she replied with a nervous smile.[/b][/color]

"Yes this is moment I've been dying for since I first layed eyes on this goddess," thought Ars. he quickly scanned his brain for some idea of what to replay with her, because to tell the truth he had never come to Mr. Matts Journalism class this semester, but after the attack this morning he decided to go somewhere he could think in safety. This was turning out to be not such a bad day after all.

"Um," said Ars as he quickly try to think of something that was like role-playing," me and my partner were um doing............. oh yeah, the final scene of Romeo and Juliet. Yeah thats it."

"Real smooth casa nova," thought Ars," lets hope she doesn't think I was lying."

"Yeah, ok," responded Aiko. Ars could only wonder what was going through her head. " Well I know this play pretty well, so I'll do the part of Romeo and well you can lay down over there and be Juliet. I'm this part because its a role-playing exercise and your not supposed to play conventional roles."

"I like it this way cause I don't know any of the lines unless you count ' to be or not to be..' and I get to kiss Aiko!!! :love: ," Ars thought.

"Ok so I just lay here, like this, while you act the scene out around me?" asked Ars.

"Yeah, just like that."

Ars just lay there preparing himself for the moment he had been waiting for, not listening to the lines she said or anything that was going, this was his moment. Then it happened, he saw her lean in close, her face was but inches from his and then...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................DDDDDDIIIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGG!!!!!! (That was the bell)

As he rasied his head he watched everyone leave the classroom, leaving him completely alone.

"God damnit you mother%&#$!^%& bell, your a f#$^!ng c*&@sucker you know that ............"

"What?Against The Weapons club!?"Emisu laughed to herself,as she walked beside Michael,"Hey,I'm gonna go to the gym and train if you don't mind."

Emisu said to Michael,he nodded.Emisu ran down the hall to get to the gym,she then saw Ms.M and started to walk,as Emisu walked by Ms.M,Emisu gave Ms.M a little wave,Ms.M eyed Emisu then continued walking,Emisu looked over her shoulder to see if Ms.M was about 5 yards away.Emisu then ran to the gym.The some of the student stared at Emisu as she ran throught the halls and some smiled for she is one of the well known people in school because she has played played her guitar many times in school.

"Well time to train."Emisu said to herself,she then took off her jacket reveling a white T-shirt under it.She then start to kick at the air,it kinda looked like she was fighting an invisible man.

Suziki was walking down the hall to her next class when she heard someone yelling "Su-z-iki!". She turned around to see her best friend Akio running down the hall bumping into a group of 1st years."Yo! What up?" Suziki asked as Akio plowed through a bunch of 2nd years who did not look too happy to come to a walk next to her."No wait let me guess. You had to sub for Mr Matts. AGAIN."Suziki guessed. "Yep, I can't help it if I'm a genuis at Journalism." Akio replied. But to this Suziki just rolled her eyes. "Hey so it was only one period. How did it go?" She asked. "Well it went pretty good actually...One kid didn't have apartner so I had to do Roemo and Juliet with him...."Akio replied. "It was Ars who had no partner wasn't it?" Suziki asked. "Yeah it was...." Akio admitted while blushing. "He has a crush on you ya'know. So did you kiss?" Suziki smirked. "Why don't you ever smile hmmmm? I bet you would if you had a boyfriend...mabey I'll hook you up..." Akio was the one smirking now. "I swear you do and I'll kick you're a-"Suziki started but stopped when Ms. M. came into veiw. "Hey Ms. M.! Suziki and Akio said at the same time. "Hello girls." Ms M. said as she walked on and Akio and Suziki scrameled into class before the late bell.

Sunlight was slanting though the slats of the sole window in Hanako's tiny apartment. It shone upon countless layers of firework shells, old glowsticks and miscellanious junk, before coming to rest on Hanako's face. She groaned and rolled over on her stomach, when the blare of her alarm clock finally broke through her sleep. She glanced at the offending device before throwing against the wall.
She fell halfway asleep before remembering the clock's display.

"Aaack! I'm Late!" She screamed as she bolted up off the pile of blankets that were her bed. She jammed her clothes on in one swift motion, while she hopped over to the her tiny fridge and yanked out an opened carton of orange juice and a peice of toast. Chugging down the orange juice, she pounced on the pile of junk covering her backpack, throwing things across the room before yanking it out of the mess and slinging it on her back. She threw open the window and leapt through to the fire escape and slid down to the street.
She landed in a pile of trash bags and scrambled out before sprinting down the street to her school.

When she made it to the school, she saw it was lunch time already, and floped down in the grass, completely winded from her mad dash to highschool.

She stared up at the clouds, breathing heavily, when the image was repleced by Eli's face, smiling down at her.

"Late again, huh?" He laughed.

Aoi walked into the school like she didn`t miss a thing. She heard that her team would be one of the first going up to fight. She looked at her watch a saw it was lunch time. She went to find a nice place to sit and eat.

"I wonder where my team members are? I don`t feel like looking for them. Anyway tonight, we`ll be fighting the Digital Starlight team.Heh"

She pulled a dagger from a holder that was on her thigh and looked at it.

"I `m gonna cut all members of the Digital Starlight team to little pieces."

She started to laugh evily out loud.

"Mabye I should go to the gym to prepare for the fight."

With that she ran to the gym and begain to run laps, lift weights, and practice her moves.

A flash of a black pants White tanktop wearing , Girl flies thru the halls. She Was going to be late. She runs to the practice area for the Fight Club. She didnt want to make Michael mad. God knows no one wants that to happen. She jumps over a group of the jocks walking thru the hall. The group gasps as she lands on both of her feet. She drops her bag just as she makes it to the area in which the Fight club practiced " Sorry I'm late . Had to make up Biology Test. It sucked" She barely makes out. Michael Eyes her and opens his mouth to speak

[COLOR=blue]
Ms M. stepped back into her office after patrolling the halls all morning. Now that everyone was in class. Or she hoped everyone was in class she stepped in to tak a few breathers before wandering into the masses once again.

[I]Ahh, Tylenol, please please make this day go by quicker.[/I]

She slammed the pills in her mouth and down the hatch they went.

"Now all I need is a strong drink." She stared into the small refridgerator in hre office and pulled out a bottle. "But I guess OJ will have to do."

She quickly chugged the remaining contents of the bottle and threw it in the trash can. She sat don and looked ove the paper hoping that things would slow down for a minute. Too late.

"Ms. Narusegawa, there is trouble in th boys restroom in the left wing, second floor."

"Great, thanks Ms. Hosuki, I'll be there."

She stood up and left her office quickly.

"When I get my hands on those boys....."[/COLOR]

"Your late. WE can't have that. Don't do it again." Michael said to the nervous young woman. He then turns around and looks at competion. Consintrating. He looks over at the card playing kids. They look week, but michale knew not to think that. The cards he onwed were much more powerful than anyone can anticipate. A grin spread on his face.

"your a hyper one aren't you?" Michael said to her. "We need to save our strenght, so just shadow box if you want to practice. Streatch out."

"Oh, hehe, okay." Akasuki said to Michael and put her hand on thre back of her head. She started to frantically stretch her arms and legs.

Michael Cracked his knuckes and neck. he was getting inpatient. he was waiting for this thing to start. A scowl came onto his face.

A sigh came from Rue as he stood in the boys bathroom. A scuffle had broken out between he and a few boys, they were doing something that he hadn't approved of, but wasn't going to say what it was. He assured them he wouldn't tell, but then the boys wanted to fight, badly and there was no way for him to excape.

He was outnumbered, it was 5 to only one boy who wield a wooden katana. As the boy's made cruel jokes about he and his katana, he didn't say anything but "Guys, I won't tell the teacher's what happened, I don't want to fight!"

But these words that came from his lips hadn't work, and now here he was, standing in front of blood thirsty boys. Now, all he had to do is fight them in away that non of them would get hurt seriously. These boys' stood in a pack, huddled neatly in front of Rue, their eyes locked on him as if he were a deer.

Two of the boys' broke from the pack's huddle, racing over toward Rue to send their fists toward his face. Atlas, he was too fast to be caught by these boys eyes, his body and figure disappearing only to reappear a few inches away from their fists. What was going to happen next?

AkaSuki sees the commotioon in the boys' restroom.. " Not again.The upper classmen need to stop picking on the underclass men" she mutters as she runs after the group of three. Michael looks at her and shakes his head. Rue looks at the running AkaSuki " Not another one" he mutters. Aka Suki Sucker punches the five of the guys who were harassin Rue. " You need to stop picking on underclassmen. Pick on someone yer own size. Like... Me." The five guys scowl