OtakuBoards

WWF(E) Review

GhostofSalvtore

Dont worry, I got this one.

* Cue pyro, Michael Cole and Taz welcome you too Smackdown!

* Rock's music hits and he heads down to the ring for the first time in a while. Rock has a new shaved hair cut type deal and a bunch of new tattoos on his left arm. I think the combination of the glasses and the lack of hair looks ridiculous. Rock snatches a mic "Finally...." The people boo him.. They chant that he sucks. "Finally..." more boos and chants. "Finally the Rock has come back to Indianaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapo-who gives a crap" then he says he doesn't mean he doesn't care about Indianapolis know one cares what he says. People chant Hogan. The Rock says he doesn't feel like the people want to hear him say his same old thing. Rock inquires about the booing. People boo more. He bitches about what the people say in the arena.. He says he is still the most electrifying thing they have ever seen. Rock talks about how committed he is to the business when his cell phone rings. He says on the phone that he isn't staying here with all these hick, the people boo, he says he meant hickory trees. The Rock says that the people have no idea what they are doing. He says come No Way Out they will get the Rock they want, the jabroni beating, pie eating, eye brow raising, trial blazing, crystal clear have no fear make more money in one night the we do in a year, climb a tree scratch an itch make Hulk Hogan the Rock's little *****, peopleĆ¢??s champ. "If ya smeeeeeeeellllll....whoa whoa whoa whoa, the people made up their mind, the Rock sing-a-long is over." He calls the people sheep and finishes by saying that only he can say "is cookin'!"

* There are two mysterious boxes at the top of the ramp for Undertaker

* A-Train vs. Chris Benoit
AT goes on the offensive immediately. AT clotheslines Benoit. AT locks Benoit up on his shoulders and slams him back on to the mat. AT pins but Benoit grabs the rope. AT goes for the de-railer and Benoit counters into a cross face. AT is about to tap but then gets out. Benoit locks his arms for a German suplex. AT goes to attack Benoit but Benoit rolls him up quickly for the win.

* Hogan arrives backstage

* Funaki tries to interview the Rock. The Rock's body guards say that the only person Rock will talk to is Hogan.

* Rikishi vs. Johnny Stamboli w/ Nunzio and Chuck Palumbo
Rikishi wastes no time in taking out Stamboli. The ref sends Palumbo and Nunzio back to the backstage. Stamboli delivers a head butt then military presses Rikishi over his head and drops him on the mat. Stamboli covers for two. Stamboli attacks from the top rope and covers again for 2. Rikishi takes over after smacking him around. Rikishi nails a Samoan drop and covers for 3. Palumbo attacks but is thrown out of the ring. Nunzio comes in and Rikishi catches him. The other two Italians come in to save him. They all attack Rikishi.

* Backstage Angle is giving Team Angle a pep talk. Angle says he will compete in Lesnar's challenge match tonight since he is the WWE's only Olympic Gold Medallist. Angle threatens to break Lesnar's Ankle..

* A weird promo for Los Guerreros plays. They are walking around a neighborhood and talking to people. They talk to some woman with a baby and as they do Chavo steals her wallet and her watch. Apparently if you're not cheating you're not trying. Then some Spanish catch phrase.

* Rey Mysterio and Billy Kidman vs. Matt Hardy and Shannon Moore
Matt hates dieting, and finds Shannon hard to teach. They show a clip of earlier at Matt's weighing in. He strips all his clothes to make weight.. Mysterio and Moore start us off. Mysterio gets hit in the face with a spinning heel kick. Rey tags in Kidman. Kidman and Moore slam Moore down . Kidman covers for 2. Hardy tags in. Matt runs Kidman into the corner. Matt nails the side effect and pummels him in the face. Matt suplexes Kidman and covers for two. He locks in a front head lock on Kidman, but Kidman fights out. Mysterio tags in and spring boards on to Hardy. Mysterio cross body's Hardy but Moore comes in to take care of Mysterio. Rey nails a 619 on Hardy. Mysterio attempts the West Coast Pop but Moore breaks it up. Matt power bombs Rey and covers for 2. Kidman nails a missile drop kick and covers but the ref is turned. Matt turns it around gets to the second rope. Kidman gets to to the top rope but Moore distracts him. Mysterio takes out Moore leaving Matt in the ring to twist of fate Kidman and cover him for the win.

* Nathan Jones' promo
Jones talks about serving a prison term for armed robbery. He says he served his time and paid his dues and now he wants to move on. Jones' says he wants the WWE title. Then says he has unfinished business to attend to. but who will he settle it with. He mocks a clock and then the interview is over. Jones' debuts next week.

* The two boxes for Taker are brought into the ring. They show the highlights of the past few weeks and the gifts from Show, like last week with Kanyon. Taker's music hits and he rides out on his bike. Taker goes after the small box first. He opens it up and their is a puppy inside. He picks the dog up and hands it to the guy outside. He eyes up the other crate. He kicks in the door and Show attacks him from behind. Show slams him into the box then choke slams him.

* Torrie Wilson vs. Nidia
Nidia goes after Torrie and send her into the corner. Nidia clotheslines Torrie but Torrie grabs her ankle. Torrie kicks Nidia in the face. Torrie nails a swinging neck breaker. Noble gets on the apron but Torrie clotheslines him. Dawn Marie interferes and Noble power slams Torrie. Nidia grabs the paddle from the top rope and wins the match. Nidia proceeds to beat Torrie with the paddle like a 3 year old in K-Mart. Funaki comes out to aid Torrie. He clotheslines Noble and hugs Torrie.

* Hogan tells the Rock's guys he is ready to talk.
* Hogan comes out to a good ovation. I can only hope this one doesn't last as long as they usually do when he is off TV for a day or so. Thank god it is cut short by Rock's music. The two get face to face with each other. They both get mic's, Rock clears his throat numerous times. He says that he believes an apology is in order after the incredibly rude things that were said. He says that Hogan owes him an apology. Rocks says Hogan should know his role and shut his mouth. The Rock says he can't believe he is being treated this way by Hogan since Hogan was nothing last year with out him. Hogan refuse to apologize. He replies "hell no", because Rock isn't responsible for the rebirth of Hulkamania. Rock says the biggest rematch of all time is on Sunday. Hogan goes after him as if to kick his ***. The Rock tries his millions and millions thing but it doesn't go over. Rock mocks Hogan, Hogan does the shirt rip. Rock gets out on the apron and tells Hogan not to go crazy. Rock says he didn't mean anything and he respects him. Rock says that they will electrify this Sunday like only Hogan and the Rock can. Rock extends his hand. Hogan goes for it and Rock spits water in his face and runs up the ramp.

* John Cena raps about how Lesnar shattered his leg. Then how he is going to stalk Brock and hunt him down because he is angry. Cena says that this is prison and Lesnar dropped the soap. Lesnar's music hits.

* Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle
Kurt comes out with his entourage and asks if Brock really wishes to continue wit this. Angle says he knows he said he'd wrestle him tonight, but he is going to name a stipulation. Brock must first beat Shelton Benjamin but before wrestling him, Lesnar must beat Charlie Haas.

* Lesnar vs. Haas
Lesnar takes Haas down with a suplex. Haas applies a front head lock, Lesnar counters by flipping Haas over his back. Lesnar misses a clothesline and is suplexed by Haas. Lesnar smacks Haas around a bit. Lesnar knees Haas in the stomach. Lesnar nails a release suplex then a back breaker. Brock lifts Haas over his shoulder and hits the trademark F-5. Brock pins and the match is over

* Lesnar vs. Benjamin
After the commercial Lesnar is demolishing Benjamin with a butterfly suplex. Lesnar slaps around Benjamin and nails another suplex. Lesnar displays his strength the nailing a text book delayed vertical suplex. Benjamin delivers a heel kick to Lesnar which takes him to the ground. Benjamin applies an arm submission as Angle says from the outside that Lesnar can't F-5 with one arm. Lesnar turns it around by lifting Benjamin and slamming him down on the mat. Lesnar clotheslines Benjamin to the mat then drives his shoulder in the Benjamin's chest. Lesnar delivers a release suplex. Angle hops up on the apron and distracts Brock. Benjamin goes for a kick but Lesnar counters and clotheslines Benjamin to the mat. Lesnar nails an Angle slam on Benjamin and covers for the win. Angle runs up the ramp. Heyman says that Angle can do it. Angle takes off his medals and marches down to the ring.

* Angle vs. Lesnar
Heyman distracts Lesnar and Lesnar attacks. Angle chokes Lesnar with a rear chin lock type deal. Lesnar throws Angle out of the ring. Lesnar and Heyman are in the ring alone. Lesnar lifts Heyman for the F-5 but Angle disrupts it.. Team Angle moves in for the kill. The three triple team Lesnar. Angle locks in the ankle lock. Benoit and Edge run down to the ring and helps Lesnar out. Edge stomps on Haas and Benoit takes care of Benjamin. Lesnar gets up and points at Angle while mouthing something incoherently while frothy saliva excretes from his mouth.

FINALLY, THE ROCK HAS COME BACK TO THE WWE! ONLY TO GET HIS CANDY *** WHOOPED BY THE FIVE TIME, FIVE TIME, FIVE TIME, FIVE TIME, RIVE TIME DUBBYA C DUBBYA CHAMPION BOOKER T!

Yes, thats right ladies and gentleman, on last night's Raw, Booker T became the number 1 contender for the HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP OF THE WORLD beating 19 other guys including Smackdown's newest edition, THE ROCK! I'll let Sal announce the rest of the matches and what not if he does so desire, but I just wanted to announce Booker T's victory! NOW CAN YOU DIG THAT...SUCKA!

[b]Please do not double post, use the "edit" button instead. --Elite.[/b]

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Outlaw [/i]
[B]NOW CAN YOU DIG THAT...SUCKA! [/B][/QUOTE]

As the sig says, I AINT NO SUCKA!!!

*ahem* but anyway, I'm watchin what happened on tonights...well, last nights Raw right now(since I just got home from work about 30 minutes ago), and I need to know. What in the WORLD is up wit Goldust? Is it me or is he actin like he has Bi-Polar or whatever that disease is(that disease that you have where you just start screamin some sorta babble for like no friggen reason at all.)

But anyway, what I've seen of Raw so far has bee pretty decent. I'm ready to see what else happened(I got to see the ending aswell. Just wanted to see if Austin came out or not, but I saw how Booker T beat the Rock in the rumble.). But I'll tell you this. I cant wait until next week when my boy Steve Austin returns to Raw! :D

Oh, and one more thing.....

[COLOR=royalblue][B][SIZE=4]WHAT!?![/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Rock as a heel, who woulda thunk it, Rock should never be a heel, his new music just is horrible where is the big pop the IF YA SMELLLLLLLL, thats the most electrifying entrance in the WWE. But I guess Rock can pull the heel off but I just can stand that music, now I almost want him to leave cuz I would rather have no Rock then Rock as a heel.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GhostofSalvtore [/i]
[B]Rock as a heel, who woulda thunk it, Rock should never be a heel, his new music just is horrible where is the big pop the IF YA SMELLLLLLLL, thats the most electrifying entrance in the WWE. But I guess Rock can pull the heel off but I just can stand that music, now I almost want him to leave cuz I would rather have no Rock then Rock as a heel. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm guessin that you're somewhat new to the WWE(well, WWF). Well, let me tell ya, the Rock is probably at his BEST when he's a rule breaker(I HATE sayin the phrase "heel".). Like when he was with the Nation and the Corporation(especially with the Nation). Last night on Raw, I saw a shade of his Corporation side. Only one thing he didnt do that I miss, and that was when he would get half way inside the ring, pause and turn his head to the fans and then raise the eyebrow. But he did have that Corporation edge when he was talkin junk about them fans. I loved it when he said 68,000 of you Mother Canuckers(talkin about the Canadian fans). When I heard him say that, for the first time in a LOOOOONG time(since 1999 which was the last time that the Rock was a rule breaker), I actually laughed at somethin that the Rock said. And then later on that night when him and the Hurricane were havin words about the Scorpion King and super heros, I almost fell on the floor rollin at that scene. Its about time that the Rock became entertaining again(comin up wit some new phrases like he did when he was with the Corporation and the Nation).

But I personally can only expect to see good things from the Rock now(oh yeah, I just realized that I dont have to call him the Crock anymore. ^_^). If he goes fully back to his Corporation style, then I guarantee that you're gonna see a Rock like you've never seen before(one that actually depends on his wrestling abilities instead of talkin and tryin to please them nimrod fans. :D)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jinzouningen17 [/i]
[B]

*ahem* but anyway, I'm watchin what happened on tonights...well, last nights Raw right now(since I just got home from work about 30 minutes ago), and I need to know. What in the WORLD is up wit Goldust? Is it me or is he actin like he has Bi-Polar or whatever that disease is(that disease that you have where you just start screamin some sorta babble for like no friggen reason at all.)

[COLOR=royalblue][B][SIZE=4]WHAT!?![/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you missed the Raw about 2 weeks ago. After spliting from Booker T to let him persue a singles career, Goldie was attacked by Batista and Ortan, thrown into a cirut breaker, and "electricuted". Now, he is suposed to be even freakier and wacked out that before.

And I've gotta agree with Jin17, the Rock was at his finist as a heel. He was amazing as the Corperate superstar, especially because he is so good at making fun of people. I mean, he was pretty bad two years as the "leader" of team WWF against the Alliance, and wasn't really amazing again untill he came back and started dissing the fans recently. My favorite line was when he was doing the If ya Smell line on the last Smackdown and stopped the fans from chanting alone. He was like: "No No No, sing along time with the Rock is over. You can't just decide to boo the Rock and than be like Oh Rock, I smell what your cooking." It was hilarious. I just hope he gets a solid fued going with someone with some talent, and not with a shmuck like Steiner.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Outlaw [/i]
[B]I'm guessing you missed the Raw about 2 weeks ago. After spliting from Booker T to let him persue a singles career, Goldie was attacked by Batista and Ortan, thrown into a cirut breaker, and "electricuted". Now, he is suposed to be even freakier and wacked out that before. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw that one. I just didnt think being "electricuted" would have that sort of effect. So I guess they're gonna call him Goldie "The Shocker" now.....okay, that was stupid. lol

Also, about the Rock at WMX9, rumor has it that he's supposed to fight Goldberg there, and that will be his last match so he can retire to persue his movie career. They say he's supposed to come next week or the week after on Raw. I forgot which one they said it would be.

Actually, GhostofSalvtore, there is considerable storyline progression in the Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar feud...

I've heard that the Goldberg negotiations have picked up a lot recently, too. For a while, the situation was looking pretty grim. Goldberg only wanted to work Wrestlemania and Backlash. But, WWE upped their demands. Apparently, Goldberg is very spontaneous when dealing with contract negotiations.

He usually waits until the very last possible second before signing. If he has indeed signed, his contract will be very similar to Hogan's. Meaning, he will make a considerably large sum of money for working limited dates.

Yeah as much as the Angle vs Lesnar thing looks, to me I just can't believe how much has changed. I mean I heard the rumor last year when Lesnar beat the Rock that he would be getting a WWE title show at WMX9 w/Angle, but I couldn't believe it.
If Goldber signs then great, but I would hope he would be a full-time player. If he doesn't sign then I see it as no big deal, but I do think he will sign later on because what could he be doing now that would be bigger than the WWE for him.
The Wrestlemania card this year looks to be pretty good, HoLesnar vs Angle seems to be a good technical match. Then should be Hogan vs McMahon which could be the last of Hogan which I can actually say that I am happy for because he needs to go out and let some of the new guys in. Then there is Rock vs Austin or Rock vs Goldberg pending on the signing and all. That should be a crowd-filler right there. HBK vs Jericho(also a rumored match) should also be a good technical match. There is some speculation on who Undertaker will face and defend his perfect Wrestlemania record. Some say A-Train and if this is true then it will be a dark day for WWE. I don't know who UT will face but I guess it can be that new guy Nathan Jones.

There are two other matches I'm predicting for Wrestlemania along with those. One is Kane v. RVD. They seem to have been setting this one up for a while, especially with Kane costing them Tag Team gold at No Way Out. Also, I'd say a multi team tag team match of some sort for the tag titles, most likely including Storm and Regal, The Dudleyz, Evolution, and 3 Minute Warning, hopefully w/ 3MW finally picking up the win. I mean, these guys are huge, powerful, and somewhat athletic for such biggins, yet they still can't capture tag-team gold. Its crazy.

And ofcource, one of the matches I am really looking, one that I have been waiting for since Triple H was given the old WCW belt, Triple H vs BOOKER T! Finally, the Book will get his first real WWE title shot, and I'm hopeing will win. I mean, I have always been a fan of Triple H, but hes getting to slow, to bulky, and to arrogant for his own good, and its about time that the 5 TIME, 5 TIME, 5 TIME, 5 TIME, 5 TIME DUBBYA C DUBBYA CHAMPIUN took over.

Well I would like to see the Kave vs RVD but I do like em as a tag team but I think it would be a good match if they did have one. That multi-tag sounds pretty cool, but I would like to see it be a T-L-C, that would be awesome. Booker T should win but I doubt it will happen, knowing how HHH makes his own plans in his storylines.

[color=indigo]I would almost guarentee that it will be Austin that "ends" the Rock's career, if it does indeed end at Wrestlemania. The Rock and Austin always have epic battles, because they are epic trash talkers. I am a huge Goldberg fan, but I can't see them signing him to end the Rock's carrer, however, I can see them bringing him out to help Stiener and Booker T combat the Evolution.[/color]

There is alot of heat on Steiner because of his in-ring work, alotta people just don't like his matches or him anymore. He was pushed way to high because RAW needed a big name and now they have taken Booker T to that spot which is good. RAW needs Austin to be there everynite and that will bring back many.

The following is from WWE.Com

RAW comes to you live from Nassau Coliseum at Long Island, N.Y., this Monday night! Catch it at 9/8 CT on The New TNN!
The big news coming out of last week's show is that The Rock has moved to RAW! Because the "Great One" helped Vince McMahon in his vendetta against Hulk Hogan, and defeated the Hulkster at No Way Out, the chairman let the (former?) People's Champion decide which show he wanted to appear on! And The Rock chose RAW! What's more: The Rock has called out Stone Cold Steve Austin! The Rock is irate that the Texas Rattlesnake won Superstar of the Decade at the RAW X show; the "Great One" felt he should have gotten the award. For the first time since last spring, The Rock and Austin will both be appearing on RAW, this Monday night!

Plus, Eric Bischoff has said that he'll have a special "welcoming committee" on hand to "greet" Austin when he arrives at Nassau Coliseum this Monday. What is the RAW General Manager talking about?

There's a new No. 1 contender for the World Heavyweight Championship: Booker T! After winning the 20-man over-the-top-rope battle royal last week, the Houston native earned the right to take on Triple H for the title on March 30 at WrestleMania XIX! Booker already has a score to settle with the Game and his Evolution-mates; two of them, Randy Orton and Batista, took out Booker's good buddy, Goldust. Booker will be looking for revenge and to become a six-time World Champion on March 30 in Seattle; his "Road to WrestleMania" begins this Monday on RAW. What will Triple H have to say about his WretleMania opponent? What will Booker have to say?

The Rock wasn't the only former champion to return to RAW last week. Trish Stratus did too! The blonde bombshell is on the hunt for the "*****" who took her out of action, Jazz. Will the Canadian beauty deliver Jazz a dose of Stratusfaction this week?

This and much more goes down Monday on RAW at 9/8 CT on TNN.

[b]Please do not double post, use the "edit" button instead. --Elite.[/b]

Raw had its ups and downs last night. I was expecting an injury angle to explain the absence of Randy Orton and Batista for the next several months a la Edge, but that never happened.

Also, I thought that Steiner was going to make a heel turn and join with Triple H to make up for the early demise of Evolution. All the pieces are in place. The fans aren't behind Steiner because they've realized his in-ring work is atrocious and his mic skills are laughable. It would benefit his character most to just become hired muscle for Triple H. Furthermore, Triple H hinted at a conspiracy as he finished his promo at the start of the show.

But, instead of turning Steiner heel, Triple H walked down the aisle during the Booker T bout and screwed Big Poppa Pump. How does this make sense?

Another problem I had with the show was that Goldust pulled up and said that he was on his way to speak with Booker T. They never showed the conversation--more sloppy writing. Speaking of sloppy, why would the Dudley Boyz music cue perfectly with their 3-D, if they're "suspended"?

Lastly, I didn't like the hardcore tag match featuring Rob Van Dam/Kane and Tommy Dreamer/Al Snow. The WWE could be doing a lot more with Rob Van Dam, Kane and Dreamer. None of them should be forced to work random tag matches. It's sad that backstage politics are keeping so many good things from happening.

On the bright side, I loved the Rock/Hurricane vignette. The Rock is brilliant on the mic and The Hurricane gives him plenty of material to work with. Also, The Rock has the star power to rub off and get Helms over. It's a situation that benefits both men.

The Austin promo was disappointing in that it was a lot shorter than I expected it to be. But, his confrontation with Rock was electrifying. Those two have feuded many times, but they have a natural chemistry that keeps their showdowns exciting.

There wasn't a lot of solid wrestling on last night's show, but it was entertaining. The buildup to Wrestlemania has been phenomenal so far--even in the women's division. And, some of the mid card matches are solid enough to steal the show. HBK/Chris Jericho is a prime example. Hopefully we'll see some fresh singles angles for RVD, Kane, and a few others next week.

[color=indigo]I was also disappointed by Raw last night...I thought the show card was pretty interesting, but the matches that I was looking forward to ended up being very disappointing. I thought that the Booker T/Steiner match was pretty uneventful and the tag team hardcore match was way too uneventful.

I also was unimpressed by the Rock/Austin showdown. The rock shouldn't be scared of Austin...no matter how much of a heel he is. But, with the guarentee of a Rock/Austin Wrestlemania, things do look electrifying.[/color]

well you guys might of been disappointed with the rock/scsa showdown because u only saw about 25%. After raw went off the air Rock ripped his vest off and ran back down into the ring. Him and austin fought for a minute and then austin hit rocky with the stunner. Austin climbed the turnbuckles and left. Rock got up and started making fun of this asian camera man and then made fun of "skank-island" some more before leaving, i thought the show was great!

Hmm there were a few good matches on RAW, PPV quality.

Just to let everyone know, Kurt Angle does not look too good to be at WMX9 this year. His neck has been really banged up and may miss the rest of the year. This would really suck, now Smackdown doesn;t have anyone. So I would really hope to see Goldberg battle Brock then. Angle is supposed to loose the title in the next few weeks in some angle.

Yes, I've heard that Angle had an MRI. He hasn't received the results yet--but things aren't looking good. I wouldn't say that SmackDown doesn't have [i]anyone[/i] though. The quality of wrestling on the show is still far superior to that of Raw. SmackDown is considered the wrestling brand. Raw is the entertainment brand.

I do agree that SmackDown is taking some blows in the superstar department with the loss of Edge, Angle, Rock, and possibly Hollywood Hogan following Wrestlemania. It's rumored that Austin will make the jump to SmackDown after his 'mania match with Rocky. So, that could make up for some of the losses.

And--I doubt that Goldberg will replace Angle. Goldberg has already stated that he will not job to Triple H or Brock Lesnar. Furthermore, the WWE doesn't have the time to build a proper feud between the two men.

So basically Brock has nothing, he may have a feud with Team Angle, but I doubt that, there is noone on the SD brand that can contend to his level. Well other than the PHENOM, The Undertaker, but thats iffy. Maybe Nathan Jones, he could be considered a big name now, with all the hype he was given. But I just hope they fill in somethin for Brock.

The RAW matches for WMX9 look to be very promising. Booker T vs HHH, Rock vs Austin, Jericho vs HBK(some have said this to be the best match of the night), and I am sure there will be more on the card, namely the Dudleys, Kane vs RVD could be one.. But it used to be that Smackdown was beating RAW in the ratings, until this Angle and Edge injuries happened. I am not as worried about Edge being out of aciton, but Angle will really hurt. And even if Angle is and WMX9, it doesn't matter to me, cuz Angle is the big name on SD. Well maybe he won't wrestle for a while but I hope he is still present, and managing Team Angle.

And now that there will be 4 RAW PPV's and 4 SD PPV's, and 4 for both, I heard they took out the King of the Ring to put in the RAW ppv. This has to be the dumbest idea, well the brand extension is pretty high up there as well. I mean the roster for both isn't that big too split it up. And I know they are in a rebuilding phase to get the smaller talent to get pushed, but honestly I just don't see any of the younger ones being main-eventers The WWE won't admit a mistake and bring them back together anytime soon. I think they will make some desperate signings this year, just my opinion and all,

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GhostofSalvtore [/i]
[B]And now that there will be 4 RAW PPV's and 4 SD PPV's, and 4 for both, I heard they took out the King of the Ring to put in the RAW ppv.[/B][/QUOTE]

Wait a minute, is that supposed to begin taking effect after Wrestlemania THIS year? If thats the case, then you are exactly right. That is definetly the dumbest idea of all time. I mean, this year would be the 10 year anniversary for the King of the Ring tournament, and they're just gonna get rid of it!? I mean sure, the King of the Ring tournament has pretty much been goin down hill since King of the Ring 96(which was the first King of the Ring that they cut down from 7{quarter finals, semi finals, and finals} tournament matches to just 3{semi's and finals}), but still. The King of the Ring was always considered to be the major turning point in a superstars career. I mean, Bret Hart, Owen Hart(RIP), King Mabel(sure, he didnt have much of a push, but he still had a push none the less), Steve Austin, HHH, The Rock, Edge, Angle, and Lesnar(Billy Gunn won one, but he didnt get a push at all after he won it.). Oh well, maybe they'll figure out another tournament type thing to give someone a push or what not for Summerslam(which is usually when whoever wins the King of the Ring gets their first World...Undisputed...whatever title shot). But like you said, that is a VERY stupid idea.

[color=blue]Smackdown![/color]

March 4, 2003
Bridgeport, Connecticut

- Tajiri vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Jamie Noble. The winner of this match would get a title shot at the Cruiserweight championship at Wrestlemania 19. They also announce during this match that Matt Hardy will face Billy Kidman later tonight so I suppose the two winners will face off at the PPV. Rey Mysterio ends up pinning Tajiri to become the #1 contender.

- They announce that Vince McMahon and Hulk Hogan will both be here tonight, the first time they will be face-to-face since the "screwjob" at No Way Out.

- Los Guerreros vs. Chuck Palumbo & Johnny Stamboli. Of course, Nunzio came down with Palumbo and Stamboli but Rikishi was absent due to some PR duty that he had to cover. The Guerreros end up winning after Eddie hits a frog splash and Chavo, the legal man, makes the pin. After the match, the FBI, showing their strength in numbers, beat up Eddie and Chavo.

- Backstage, Paul Heyman ponders what he did to deserve the steel cage match with Brock Lesnar. He says he's not a superstar, he's a super-agent, he's a businessman. Big Show tries to calm him down saying he has Heyman's back, but Angle says unlike some people, he won't use his brawn. Angle says he will use his brain and he will go talk to Stephanie because as WWE champion and his personal relationship with Stephanie if you know what he means, he thinks he can talk Steph out of the match.

- Angle and Heyman go to Stephanie's office and Heyman pleads to her saying Angle has so much respect for her. Stephanie interrupts and says he's not getting out of the match and Heyman says that's not what he's here for, he just wants one concession. Heyman then interrupts in panic, begging Stephanie to cancel the match at which point Angle kicks him out of the office. Angle then tells Stephanie to start off where they left off - at Valentine's Day...does she remember that? Steph says yes so Angle says they have a personal relationship as well and they each have the hots for one another. Stephanie says he's right but there's a time and a place for everything and right now it's for business. They had something special but right now, Kurt should concentrate on Wrestlemania 19. Angle says he's confident that he'll beat Brock at Wrestlemania. Stephanie gets mad saying she can see right through him and his advances. And you know what at Wrestlemania, it might be a REMATCH not a first-time match which confuses Kurt. Stephanie explains that because Angle pissed her off, she has decided that if Brock Lesnar beats Paul Heyman in a cage tonight, he will face Kurt Angle for the WWE title next week in Angle's hometown Pittsburgh. Looks like this is their way to get around the Angle injury.

- Matt Hardy vs. Billy Kidman. As pointed out before, the winner faces Mysterio at Wrestlemania 19 for the Cruiserweight title. Very short but good match with Hardy getting the pin and retaining his title.

- We see footage of Torrie Wilson's Playboy photo-shoot from Los Angeles. She basically says she's dreamed of it all her life and she's excited, etc. etc.

- Backstage, Josh Mathews interviews Nidia, who apparently is angry that she didn't get to be in Playboy. They show footage of Nidia visiting the Playboy mansion and her wanting to give Hugh Heffner a message. She tells a security guard to tell Heffner to watch the Girls Gone Down PPV because she'll prove that she should have been chosen the diva to appear in Playboy. Cutting back live, Nidia challenges Torrie to a "body challenge" at the GGW PPV. Mathews asks Nidia what that is and so Nidia says simple - whoever looks better naked wins. She gives a stunned Mathews a quick preview.

- They hype that in a second we will learn more on the Undertaker/Nathan Jones relationship and soon thereafter, we see Undertaker training Nathan Jones, helping him learn the basics of the ring. Taker tells Jones that the wrestling ring is just like a prison cell - you have to put your time in and you have to make sacrifices. If he didn't think Jones could do it, he wouldn't be here. Jones beats up one of the helpers and doesn't let go until Taker intervenes.

- Undertaker vs. A-Train. Big Show and Nathan Jones are both at ringside. A-Train ends up winning via DQ when Jones interferes. After the match, Jones, Taker, A-Train and Big Show all end up fighting for a bit but Taker and Jones get the better of it.

- Backstage, Hulk Hogan is shown and he tells a referee that he heard what Vince McMahon said last week. Tonight he will prove to the world who the real coward is.

- Backstage, Stephanie kicks out A-Train and Big Show from the arena, despite their protests.

- Another John Cena promo is aired where he talks about getting revenge on Brock Lesnar.

- Hulk Hogan Interview. The crowd gives him a huge ovation again and he says that they are unbelievable. But he has to get something off his chest. He is through with Vince McMahon and is tired with playing games with Vince McMahon. He knows Vince would love it if he just walked out his life forever but that isn't going to happen. Vince can go ahead and screw him out of his match, he can call him a coward behind his back, he can tell the whole world that McMahon-a-mania is running wild. But none of this changes a damn thing - there's an issue between the two and it goes longer than 20 years. Everyone knows what it's all about so all he has to say to Vince is: Get your *** out here now and let's settle this like men. McMahon's music hits but he tells them to shut the damn thing off. He says he has no problem settling any issues with Hogan any time and any place. Crowd chants ******* so Vince says "yeah, there's the *******" and points to Hogan. Vince says he does have a problem doing it as men because quite frankly, Hogan is not a man. Hogan is just a mere shell of a man and he knows it when he looks in the mirror. Vince says that after all he's done for Hogan, he can't believe Hulk would call him out. Hogan tells him to shut up and says that week after week, he says he hates Hulkamania and how he created Hulkamania. But you know what, Vince is dillusional because he did not create Hulkamania. Hulkamania was a success inspite of you, not because of you. It lives because of all the Hulkamaniacs. Hogan says that the fact that he helped built this company makes Vince sick to his stomach. All those billions of dollars, the lear jet, the homes he has - it's all because of Hulkamania. Vince tells him to shut up so Hogan responds by telling Vince to kiss his ***. McMahon says it seems like Hogan has started to believe his own ********. He could have had anyone but Hogan interrupts and says are you serious in thinking that someone else could have ran with Hulkamania? Nobody ran as long and as hard as Hogan. If Vince actually thinks he was just a person in the right place at the right time, then he's a bigger dillusional bastard than he thought he was. Hogan then messes up his lines a little, but he basically tries to say that it was supposed to be Hogan vs. McMahon a few weeks ago but Vince threw in the Rock instead. Hogan challenges Vince to a match tonight. But Vince says "there's no chance in hell" and that he doesn't hate Hulkamania. But for the record, he hates Hogan because Hogan turned his back on him by joining Ted Turner and competing against him. Hogan then says that if it wasn't for him, his *** would still be in prison where the word "screw" would have a whole different meaning. Vince then blabs a little bit more and says Hogan won't have a match, but he'll get a fight - the first real fight Hogan's ever been in. At Wrestlemania. But wait Hogan, there's one stipulation - not if, but when you lose, you will never ever wrestle again as long as you live. Vince says that he created Hulkamania and by God, at Wrestlemania he will kill it. Hogan says hell yes, he's been waiting for this his whole life. Hogan ends with his "you better start training, eating your vitamins and saying your prayers" catchphrase to end the interview.

- Team Angle vs. Rhyno & Chris Benoit. This is a non-title match so you know where they are going with the result. They announce that Edge will undergo neck surgery this coming Tuesday. They interrupt the match with a commercial but the finish sees Benoit hit the Crossface on Haas resulting in a submission victory.

- Backstage, Kurt Angle tries to get Paul Heyman's confidence up. Heyman is discouraged so Kurt snaps and says that if he doesn't win, he'll havve to wrestle Brock Lesnar next week. He tells Paul that he will win tonight because they are a team and no one man is bigger than a team.

- Brock Lesnar vs. Paul Heyman in a Steel Cage Match. Just to re-iterate, if Brock wins, he gets to face Angle next week in a title match. Heyman stalls at first so Lesnar beats up Team Angle before Heyman finally enters the ring and the door is closed. Heyman gets worked inside so Angle continually tries to get inside and eventually succeeds taking out Brock's knee and then hitting the Angle Slam. Lesnar ends up winning the match by hitting the F-5 for the pinfall.