OtakuBoards

Rain of Fire

Squall

The sky was a foggy gray, clouds swirling around a tower that shot up high into the sky. A village formed about two miles away from it. Along side the village was an immense graveyard. [i] But I guess that's how it is around every tower. [/i] Thought a boy as he looked through the tombstones. [i] The so-called heroes that set off into the tower of wind, they're all here. It was like a passing fad after the first one went. A huge ceremony was held in his honor, confetti, a feast, the whole nine yards. He failed miserably, clinging to the outer gates. From then, it became a passing thing. Feasts became send offs, and then down to a good luck wave. [/i]
He reached the edge, running his hand through his combed back hair. The villagers were all pale and half starved, grouchy from their windows or porches. The bakery windos were empty, but inside a large amount of dough sat to rot. [i] The dough was pure poisen until touched up exactly right. The baker, and only one who knew what to do with the dough, had left for the tower a week ago. Nothing new happens anymore, death is common and funerals were formalities. [/i]

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Skyechild91
Kovu walked slowly down the street. Her parents had died a few years ago and she was going to visit their graves. She reached the cemetary, and seeing a lone figure in it, puased. The boy didnt move, so she walked in. He still hadnt moved, so she went ot see if he was okay. When she reached him, she put one hand on his shoulder, the other holding her coat closed. He spun around. She jumped back. "Sorry. I thought maybe you were... nevermind." She loooked down, only to see her parents grave. She dropped to her knee's, and started crying. Life had been so hard without them. Her cerulean colored hair fell about her face.

Guest Anime_Forever
Haru was running. 20 demons were following him. He reaches a building and whispers"perfect". He bounces of the wall and flys behind thee demons. He unleashes his wind tunnel and theyy are suucked up.
1 hour Later
Haru thinking [I]Life sucks. Demons everywhere. Im always fighting. Why? Why was I chosen? Why Earth? And most of all... why did they have to die? Oh well. Its better not to think about it. I better find the others...[/I]

The boy looked down at the girl who was weeping over a grave. "Hey, get up. There's no need for that." The girl looked up, her eyes pooling with tears. "Whoever it is that you miss, I doubt they'd like your blubbering all over them." The girl just looked back down at the grave. "Besides, it's your fault for getting too attached to them." He said flatly, turning away. The girl put her hands over her face, tears continuing to flow freely.
[i] People who act human these days almost seem weak to others. At this time, most people will leave the dead behind, or kill themselves to join them. It's almost like a spinning vortex of misery. [/i] The boy looked up. Through the constant gray skies, a darker color shown through. The boy mumbled something about rain, and continued on his way.

Guest Skyechild91
Kovu finally got control of herself. She wheeled on the boy. "Just because you never had a family who loved you doesnt mean you can spoil it for others who did!" She noticed that he looked down, saying nothing to her. Her face went soft. She looked away from him. "Look, the only people i knew who actually cared about me were my parents and their dead now. I-i never thought about what theyed say to this type of thing." As she looked at her mothers grave, she struggled to keep her tears back. She gave a small smile and turned back to the boy. "You know, your right. I bet my parents wouldnt wnat me out here crying over them." The boy just shook his head. Kovu said, softly," I never cry in front of people. Its just that i never saw their graves, except when they were buried. It just.. scared me.. to-to think that that could happen to me." She turned and walked off, and putting a small smile on her face, she left the cemetary.

Guest Anime_Forever
As the 2 walked off in seperate directions... a bunch of demons came into the graveyard. There were 3 of them. They started ravaging the graves to eat the bodies.
Kovu turned "my parents are buried there!" Kovu and the boy came running back to the graveyard. They used their powers but nothing happened. "WHy isnt it working?" the boy asked. Suddenly Haru came up from behind. Haru, "their super demons. Each of us take one okay lets go." Kovu, "what?" "GO!" Haru looked at the demon. "WIND TUNNEL!!!" The demon was halfway sucked in but wascut off at the waist. Still dead. "TORNADO!" The top went flying awy.

The boy charged at one of the demons, A sheath dropping from his large sword. His sword clashed with the demon's claw, each rebounding off each other. He attacked again, still clashing with the demon's claw. The boy shot back, crouching on top of a tombstone. The demon charged as the boy cut the tombstone in two and launched the top into the demon's face. The boy's sword hacked through the tombstone and ran the demon's head through.

The demon fell forward, the boy walking towards Haru. "Who the hell are you and what is going on?" He asked flatly.

Daish walked quietly down the road as it started to lightly rain. She looked up at the sky as mist started to fall from the heavy clouds. She looked back down and continued to walk, as she heard faint yells coming from the distance. As she came closer to the area where the yells were coming from she saw three people fighting a herd of demons at a cemetary. Daish leaned against the fence and watched them fight with the monsters.

After a while a boy knock a demon in her direction. She took a step back as it hit the fence in front of her. The boy glanced at her for a moment then went back to fighting. Daish leaned back agianst the fence contiued to watch the fight between the monsters and humans.

Guest Skyechild91
Kovu lunged past the demo, and yelled," ICE WAVE!" The wave hit the demon, and it froze. Kovu then called out," Lightning Dagger!" A thread of lightning crashed into the frozen demon, breaking it and the ice to pieces. She panted, since the spells had taken a lot of energy. She looked toward the boys, and called to Haru," Exactly! Just who the hell are you and who the hell do you think you are?"

Guest Anime_Forever
The 2 were staring at him.
Haru: I save your lives and I get an interrigation?
Kovu: We could have...
Haru: Not before they had defiled the graves of your parents......
She stared at him in disbelief. [I]How could such a little kid say things like that? Whats with him?[/I] This kid obviously wasnt normal. He turned around and began walking away.
Haru: I am Haru. Oh and... you shouldnt say Hel* so much.
Haru walked away as the 2 stared.Daish dropped down....

OOC: I was on the ground, but anyway whatever.

Daish looked down at the boy and stared at him. "Who are you," she asked. "And you just said hell yourself." She saw out the corner of her eye the other two coming out of the cemetary.

The boy looked up at her with a straight face. "Haru, so who are you? I should at least get your name back."

Daish turned her head and looked at the other two, then back down at Haru. "That's none of your concern," she said as slid past them into into the grave site. She walked up to a tombstone on the far end of the yard and looked down at it. She pulled out something from her pocket, laid it down, then turned and walked away. She slid past the three again and started to walk down the street again.

Guest Anime_Forever
OOC: i didnt say it. I sayd H-E-L-_

Haru: whats with her?
He looked over to see her going down the street. The other 2 looked back at where Haru was but he was gone. Haru was walking down the street. He was walking and walking and walking and thinking [I] Why? Why me? Why? WHY?! WHY DID THEY HAVE TO DIE!!!????[/I]
Haru: WHYYYYY!!!!!!!!!??????
He began running at top speed with one hand on the sheeth of his Wakizashi and th other on the handle. He unsheathed it as he ran. After a minute he came across 1 more demon at the entrance t a town.
Haru: DDDDIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He came running up and cut the monte into thousands of timy pieces. He beathed heavilly, sheathed his sword and walked into town. He found it to be a very small village and completely empty. On the other side of the village was another grayard and the corpses of the 3 burriers...

The boy sighed and started walking out of the cemetary. "Your leaving too?" The boy looked back at Kovu. "I have no buisness here. Why would I stay?" He sighed, wiping off the blade of his sword. The blood dissolved the small cloth like acid, but for some reason didn't affect the blade. With a grunt, he sheathed the sword and reached the building. The staircase was torn apart, but a small pully elevator allowed him to go up. He looked across the graveyard at the girl, who was now looking back at the graves she morned. His gaze lifted to the tower in the distance.

[i] The weird thing is, nobody really had to die. All of them went to the tower, not the other way around. Their pride was too strong, and they couldn't just let it be... [/i]

Guest Skyechild91
Kovu closed her eyes against the tears that threatened to pour again, and dropped a small rose at the foot of the grave of her mother. It withered as soon as it touched hte ground, becuase of the demon blood, but she didnt notice, a she had turned and had her back to it. She opened her eyes, which were wet, and she looked at the setting sun.

Guest Anime_Forever
Shai walked through the graveyard. [I]is there nothig left? Is there a purpose of living?[/I] He looked up. Tears rlled down his cheeks. He remembered, it was 3 weeks ago. He was scared, next to a building, holding tight his wakizashi. He looked around at the flaming town, he couldnt find his parents. He was crying he saw his mother trapped in a circle of flames. She was crying also. He turned his head so he couldnt see her. Then he heard his dad say hold on, Im coming. He looked and saw him save her. She came running toward him with a smile on her face. He stood up holding up his Wakizashi. Suddenly, a demon landed on her shoulders and stabbed her through the top of her head. His eyes went blank. He bent to his knees and closed his eyes. Tears treamed down his cheeks as he heard the sounds of his father being ripped to shreads. Then he suddenly stopped crying. He opened his eyes and opened his Wakizashi. He let out a scream and cut the demon for 3 minutes strait.
He awoke from the dream. [I]There is a reason. I must avenge them. And also for the others...[/I] He remembers the burriers, the girl crying, the demons defiling the graves, and the look on his mothers face...

One hand in the pocket of her jean jacket, the other holding her collar closed, she shudders from the cold rain..
"What's going on, I could have sworn I felt that presence, that evil presence I felt 3 weeks ago..what happened to it? Why did I suddenly feel it..."Mina walks blindly and bumps into Shai...
"Why don't ya watch where you're go--ing...you, I have seen you before.."<--Shai
"No, I am certain you have not, you must be mistaken.."Mina hurridly walks past Shai...*That boy..he was there, I'm sure of it*

Guest Anime_Forever
[I]wasnt that... one of us?[/I] He saw her run off. [I] but... why is she running? Is there a point? If she keeps runnig she'll run into a demon... HOLD UP![/I]
Haru: WAIT STOP!!!
She kept running.
Haru: YOULL BE KILLED!!!
Mina stopped as she saw 6 demons heading here way...
[I] why did she have to run?[/I] Then suddenly someone appeared...

*"Wait, You'll be killed!!!* she ignores him..she stops dead in her tracks.."What's that smell..blood, demon blood.." *a group of demons surround her*
"Aww, what's this a mortal who's lost her way..well, then we'll just have to show her a way out of here..Die, mortal!!!!"<--Demon leader
Mina remains calm, drops her head and chuckles.."You hinchmen are all the same, IGNORANT!! If you had a brain cell in your head you could sense that I am not of this world nor realm!! Fools, you will pay with your lives for you're idiotic accusations!!"
The rain stops, silence falls..Shai stopping dead in his run gasps "What is that energy? Is that coming from that girl?"
Dumbfounded by her emense energy flowing out from her, "What the..it can't be, could it be Mina? AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!" suddenly a burst of energy and light.....silence, not a demon sould exists...
"Heh, that was too simple..."looks at the sky as the rain starts to drizzle down onto her face..."almost too simple.."
Notices Shai's presence, turns towards him and stares
"Who..I mean..what are you?"
"I am that of whom you already think I am.." Mina turns and continues to walk into the night..."I must try to keep a low profile until I can figure out what's going on, the world has changed over time..why am I here?"

The boy yawned, looking over the rising moon. A few people wer fighting with demons, nothing new. A light appeared out of the corner of his eye, but it dissapeared before he could really see it. The demons seemed more fired up than usual, he thought. He jumped over the side of the balcony and landed on one knee on the ground. [i] I may as well get some practice. [/i] He slowly walked towards the graveyard, his sword draped over his shoulder. Finally, one of the demons spotted him, showing a fangy demented grin. It ran towards him, it's claws glistening in the falling sun. The boy swung his sword, casting the sheath into the demon. The demon knocked the sheath up and leaped at the boy. The boy jumped back and charged forward, swinging his sword across the demon's mid-section. The demon cackled insanely and lept up high over head. The boy rolled forward, narrowly dodging the incoming demon, who left a small indent where it landed. two more demons, who were now dripping with the blood of fresh corpses that were only buried this morning, Started running in his direction. "Okay! Here we go RAIN OF TE..." The boy stopped himself shaking his head. [i] no, not here. [/i] He instead charged at the demons, flipping over the leader and hacking at the second one. He flipped his sword around and ran the demon behind him through, blood of the fresh bodies splattering on his back. He slowly drew himself up to full hight, staring at the demon he had first encountered.

[i] Other people may consider this thrilling, but those people never lived here. [/i]

Mina's head jerks up and looks to her immediate right..."Demon's blood..What's this, I am sensing this power..a power no mere mortal could posess..It feels so familiar, yet so different" Starts walking towards the cemetary.
Mina reaches the cemetary just in time to see the last limb of a demon slam to the ground, follows the trail of blood being slung from the boy's blade. The boy wipes the blood from his blade and sheaths the sword, "Who are you and what do you want here, you are on holy ground..."
" Or so it was holy.." Mina quickly finishes.
"What do you mean 'or so it was holy'?" the boy turns around and his blank expression stares into Mina's pale turqoise eyes.
"I mean that..."Mina's attention was drawn toward the top of the delapitated church steaple.."SHOW YOURSELF!!!" *unsheaths from the sling from her back an acient blade that transforms into a flaming spirit reaper...
"What is your name boy?!" Mina turns back to the boy..
"Why does it matter?" he looks away.
......"What's goin on? Are you alright ....Who are you?" Kovu out of breath from running back to the cemetary, notices Mina.
"HEY YOU!!! DON'T RUN OFF LIKE THAT ON ME AGAIN!!" Shai shakes his fist at Mina..then notices that she and the boy are focusing on the tower..
"I SAID SHOW YOURSELF YOU COWARD!!!!"Mina's reaper glows brighter w/anger.....
"What's goin on..."Kovu backs up beside Shai.
"I don't know...." <--Shai..
OOC:by the way guys, let me know how I am doing, this is my first RPstory

OOC: Your doing fine, I would have never guessed you were new.

The boy looked from Mina, to the place on the tower she keeps screaming at. "You got problems, lady." He mumbles under his breath as he drapes his sword over his shoulder, walking towards the tower. "You can't just leave!" Mina shouts at him. The boy crains his neck over his shoulder to meet eye with Mina. "Not alot you can do to stop me." He continues walking, paying no attention to Mina's obvious dissaproval. "Your not going to the tower, are you?"
"..."
"At least tell me your name!"
"I don't have to tell you anything, and you'll be fine with that." He shot back, not even looking back to see Mina.

After a short while, he came within eye shot of the twisted metal gate, which was littered with the bodies of past warriors, who were too close to the tower for anyone to come and properly burry them. The air started to become swifter and harder, in the stench of demon blood.
[i] In the three weeks I've been here, nothing new happens. It was starting to become an adventure sitcom. I'd rather die in a battle than watch any more of it unravel. [/i]

Guest Anime_Forever
Haru suddenly appears behind the boy. He unsheathes his wakizashi.
Haru: Tell me your name, or I will kill you personnaly
Boy: Like you would...
Haru: In that case, let us come with you its pointless to go alone.
Boy: rrrr, SUT UP AND LET ME GO!!!
Haru: Your just afraid, that omeone will be hurt. That you cant even trust us enough to think we'll live. Even after I saved your life.
Boy: NO! SHUT UP!
Haru: ARE YOU JUST GUNNA KEEP RUNNING AWAY?!?!?!
Boy: Running away.... Im not running.
So the whole gang approached the entrance to the tower.

The boy remained silent as the rest of the people approached. "Fine, but I'm not resposible for any of you. Get me?" He shot back spitefully, continuing to walk towards the tower. "Fine." Haru said. The group came closer and closer to the tower, the boy keeping a good ten feet in front of them. The metal gate was locked with a massive padlock, pale bodies huddled around it. The fence was about ten feet tall, more bodies run through on the top spikes. A large drawbridge had fallen over and was no leaning on the gate. A small group of demon's cackled behind the bars. "There should be more of them." Haru said when he came to the gate."
"It's an ambush, beyond that door, maybe twelve feet in." The boy replied. "How do you-" Mina started, but the boy cut her off. "See if you can keep up." He took off on a sprint towards the fence, and started running up it. His foot slit and he grabbed the foot of a run through warrior, using it like a bungee cord to vault himself over. He dropped to the ground, hacking a demon as he landed. With a quick swipe he killed another one and sent one flying over the bars. The demon landed on the other side next to the group. The boy leaped up the side of the drawbridge and climbed inside.