OtakuBoards

Rain of Fire

Squall

Mina unsheaths her flaming spirit reaprence and throws of her jean jacket revealing her flawless body in a white tank top stained w/blood from an old wound on her shoulderblade.."Wait kid, don't you dare fight w/out me! Quit hogging all the fun!" With that she charges after the boy.
Lifting her reaprence she screams and violently slashes at the demons gut, neck, and chest with the legendary Blue Flame of Agony, at a speed that stunned all..even the mysterious kid.."What speed.." he whispered to himself..
"Hey! Wait for me!" Haru screams and charges sending gusts of wind behind him.
"Well, then..why am I waiting for.." Kovu charges with her twin Ice Daggers in each hand....
"DIE EVIL SCUM!!!!" Mina explodes w/wind, light and blue flames and jumps in the air, coming down and slashing the demon w/her legendary reaprence..Silence fills the air, and the demon's halves fall in opposite directions*Mina kneeling on the ground w/her arm holding her weapon in air behind her*
All watch in amazement as the demon's remains burst into blue flame and disenigrates into thin air...Mina slowly, calmly stands up, the glow of the Blue Flame of Agony around her subsides...

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Nice with the second tower, AF

The boy watches in utter amazement, as Mina draws herself up to full height. "LOOK OUT!" Haru hacks away at a demon behind him. "That's about three times I saved your hide!" Haru grins at him. "And you won't even tell me your name, how's that for gratitude?"
"...It's Kyru."
"No- What?
"You heard me, now get off my back." Kyru runs forward and lands on a demon. "Sword of the leech!" He yells, plunging his sword into the demons head. Miraculously, the demon doesn't die, but a purple aura surrounds it. Kyru pulls up on his blade, the purple aura going with it. The demon melts away and it's bones disinagrate. Kyru holds his sword up high, the purple aura flowing into him. He inhales deeply, as if sucking in the monster's strength. With a rejuvinated look on his face, he charges forward into a patch of demons.

"...I think you've been fighting to long. It's called adrenaline sick ness, it, uh delusions..." He could tell that Mina wasn't lying, or sick, for that matter. His confusion turned to anger, and he fough to keep it inside. He turned around and looked to the ground. "We need to keep moving!" He yelled in a weak, cracking voice. He swung his sword in front of him, and charged into the next wave of demons.
[i] I spent most of my life in an orphinage, and now this girl comes and tells me that she's my mother. All I can do is keep fighting. In a way, Haru was right. I am running, I fight alone to run from the pain. I'm not sure that's what He ment, but it works just the same. [/i]

Guest Anime_Forever
[I] there is a connection and they both know it. [/I] Haru looked up at Mina. Then he started following Kyru. Mina stands next to the now awake ad standing Kovu.
Kovu: Lets go
Mina: right
The two begin followig the 2 and they hack through demons on the way down. [I]Dont run Kyru. Your dong the same thing as Kovu. Your doing the same thing as your mother. Am I the only one... no. I am running away to. And maybe the answer to these questions I always ask are anwered at the end of this.[/I]

Following closely behind Kyru and Haru, Kovu asks.."Mina.."
"Yes."
"Umm..it may be a little out of my place but, how is it that Kyru is your son? I mean, you look so young and Kyru doesn't look too far behind in age...what's going on here? This doesn't add up, nothing does anymore!!! First my parents are murdered in front of me, then demons destroy everything, I run into Kyru and Haru, we all get attacked by hords of demons, then you show up and accuse Kyru of being your son, what is going on?!"
"You have every right to ask me such questions, but for now all I can say is that it's not the time to talk..I will explain myself whenever we find a safe place..wherever that may be..."Mina looks at Kyru who sharply turns his head away from her.
"Do you know this woman Kyru? Do you know what's goin' on here?" Haru questions Kyru who just looks on ahead.
"Keep moving..." Kyru's anger is obvious.
"Kyru, wher-"Kovu is cut off by Kyru's burst of frustration.
"Keep moving, I don't feel like talking about my past at the moment if you don't mind!"*Kyru spins around on Kovu*
"I am sorry..please don't be angry"Kovu's soft expression eased his angry, frustrated soul. *Kyru turns and continues to walk*
"Mina, why have you come? What do you want with Kyru?" Haru looks into her now bright turqoise eyes.....

Kyru suddenly stopped, making the people behind him screach to a halt. "What is it, Kyru?"
"Take a look for youself." He pointed at the nearing tower, which was now fenceless. Haru looked puzzled. "Maybe, they didn't think they needed a fence." Kovu shook her head. "No, I doubt it." Kyru took off at full speed. "Wait! Crazy ****!" Haru shouted behind him. Kyru dived over where the fence would be, and the fence shot up from the ground. Kyru did his best to spin out of the way, but the fence caught him and he shot up with it. Kyru manedged to spring loose and vaulted away from the fence. He landed on his back just as the other got to him. "Are you okay?"
"Why do I have a feeling we've had this conversation before? I'm fine." He sat up and watched the fence sink back into the ground. "What now?" Haru held out his arm in time to stop Kyru from making a second attempt.

"You don't actually think you're going to try again?" Haru looks at Kyru's dancing eyes..."Holy spit, you really are thinkin about it! Then you're crazier than I thought."
"Let me go Haru, or I will make you let go.."Kyru's voice now getting deeper w/anger.
"Kyru..wait a minute-"Mina's sentance was abrubtly interupted.
"Shut up! Don't you ever tell me what to do! You're not my mother!"Kyru's anger quickly shoots up.
"I AM NOT TELLING YOU WHAT TO DO AS YOUR MOTHER!!! I am cautioning you as a fellow fighter. Now, will you please stay, there has to be a way to get through.."
"She's right Kyru, think about it..don't be so rash, we don't need you to die." Kovu's voice was as serious as death.
Kyru sighs heavily and drops his shoulders in minor defeat.."Well then what should we do? If we stay here too long, the demons will find us?"Karu was growing impatient now.
"They will find us no matter what. That's what they are made to do...idiot."Kyru groaned while attemtiing to sit down.."Ouch, what the.."he puts his hand to his chest and looks down to see his hand covered w/his blood."Ah, damnit.."
Mina walks over to him and kneels.."Take your shirt off..."
"I don't need your help woman! It's just a fleshwound anyhow.."
"Do you wish to die now?"
"What?!"
"Look at the wound..."
Kyru looks down and see's that the fence pierced him straight through the heart. "Wh-what is this, I felt nothing before."

Kyru sighed and followed Mina's instructions, unzipping the leather jacket. It fell to the ground like a block of lead. Next he threw a vest of chain link armor to the ground. The white shirt underneath was damp with blood. Along his arms ran various scars and burned in markings. "Alot's happened over the years." Kyru responded to Mina's look. His voice was calmer but still on the edge of eruption. "I need to know one thing though." Kyru's eyes looked into Mina's. Mina could only imagine what his first question would be. What he said suprised her, though. "If I truly am run through, why am I still alive?"

Mina sighs..."Well it's now time for you to know the truth about your past..."*meanwhile she pulls from her long, wavy blue/black hair a platinum dagger*"..lay back.."
"What the crap are you going to do w/that dagger lady?" Kyru's face hide what his eyes could not..uneasiness.
"Calm down, why would I want to kill you? You are after all, despite what you want to believe, my son...*Mina takes in a deep breath and under it she said...Here goes everything* Kyru Kaguro...you are alive because of your father's blood...the blood of the King of Skulls, demon's blood.."Kyru's eyes showed anger, confusion, disbelief, disgust, and pain..Kovu and Haru stood in awe and utter confusion.
"Your father was a different kind of demon, as were all demons, before the Black Light took control over the world.
300 years ago the world was beatiful, lush, green, happy and peaceful..Your father ruled the lands of which we stand upon,of course it looked completely different, he and I met on a summer day when I was attacked by a group of thieves..As soon as I set my eyes on him and he saw me, we connected and we were always together. We never left eachothers side...until one day, the kingdom held a martial arts adn wizardry tournament..
Naturally we both entered the tournament, not knowing one another did..I climbed my way up to the top, as did your father, we saw eachother for the first time in 3 days in our dual and he grew very angry w/me for entering the tournament w/out his consent. A strange old woman climbed up on the arena and offered us a wish, any wish..of course there's a catch, the only person to make the wish had to be the winner of the tournament. Your father had his downfall, and that was power..he wanted power, power and eternal youth..So we battled, he won and he got the wish..I needn't tell you what he wished for..but there was something else, he wished for me to also have eternal youth and beauty. I refused and he grew furious, I told him I did not wish to live forever and see all of my children adn grandchildren and their children grow up and die...He was blinded by his new power and started to transform into a monster, it was during this transition that I concieved you, Kyru..You were everything that I loved, there is more to you than you think..There is a prophecy, the prophecy of which is the cause of misery of the world today..You Kyru, you are the only thing that stands in the way..."
The whole time, silence and staring and attentive listening, not a word other than Mina's was spoken. "In the way of what?" Kyru asked.
"In the way of your father...The prophecy fortells that the first born son of Sonoskai Kaguro will bring about the destruction of Sonoskai and a new, better era would follow..The son would be the best ruler the world would ever know, this drove your father insane w/furry and jealousy..and fear. He hated defeat, he hated anyone being better than him..So, as soon as he found out that I gave birth to you, the first born son, he sought it out to destroy you...I had to save you, I had to send you away..I am of magical ancestory so I created a portal, a portal in which I could send you to a place in time to where I thought you would be safe..
I planned to defeat your father then come after you..but as you can tell, I failed in defeating him..He found out about my portal and used it to travel through time until he found you...when he opened the portal, he opened the gateway for all of his destruction and misery to enter the realm of time in which we exist now.
You wonder why you have been persued all of your life? You want to know why you were different from all the other children? This is why..I have searched the tides of time to find you*touches Kyru's face w/ tears running down her face*..I am so sorry that I did this to you, I am responsible for all of your sorrow and pain..*starts to cry* How could I ever earn your forgivness... and your love?*her weapy eyes looked deep into his soul, suddenly she stops crying and wipes her face* Now, we must find your father and defeat him. You and only you have the power to defeat him. This is your destiny, my Kyru."
Kyru's face in total confusion, looks up and realizes that the feeling in his heart was what he had known all of his life..

OOC: Ok, could you guys please help me out here. I wasn't home yesterday, so I couldn't post. I only ready the last 2 pages, so I don't know what's really going on.

Daish walked along the dark hall feeling her way on the wall. She stopped shortly and heard a faint sound behind her. She turned around and saw nothing. [I] How long have I been here? Probably too long. I need to hurry up. [/I] She started to pick up her pace a little and lightened her steps so they'd be harder to hear.

Suddenly, her hand lost and the wall and went into a blank space. Daish turned her head toward the empty space and squinted her eyes. She could make out steps steps and a door halfway up them. She started to make her way up the steps and walked past the door.

Guest Skyechild91
Kovu decided it was best not to talk to Kyru. she just looked at the ground, and kept walking. She thought, Ko, you are such a fool. And idiot. I cant believe you. She shook her head. She looked at the ground still, and said nothing. She felt lost, unwanted, because, now that mina had com, she felt like kyru didnt need her anymore. she snorted. not that he ever needed me, she thought.

OOC: Dayday, we went to the tower of wind, but it was destroyed and now were in somewhat of a mirror version of the tower, "the tower's true nature" There's a gate we are having dificulty passing, because it shoots from the ground whenever we try to pass it.

Kyru felt like his entire world had torn apart. He could feel his heart thumping in his ears, a heart that ran with demon blood the king of skulls blood. It was that blood that was now keeping him alive. Half his head screamed at him, telling him to disbelive any of this, that this girl was just another bullsh!tter out for cheap laughs. The other half told him this was all a dream, that he would wake up an a half an hour on the patio he watched the graves from. He knew it wasn't going to happen, this was reality, or as close to it as he could ever get. [i] Kaguro... all my life I had been called Starfe, the orphanige... no, I made up Starfe myself. [/i] He rested his hands on top of his face, trying to make sense of anything. [i] Demon blood... so al the rage in every town and shelter, they're all justified?! [/i] He looked around at everybody, who looked away to try and hide that they wer'nt staring. One thought made him sit up, though, the thought that he had followed all his life: [i] I must be strong no matter what happens. Weakness leads to only misery. [/i] "I think I know how to stop the fence." He said weakly, in the worst immitation of calmness he could imagine.
Kyru grabbed his sword and unsheathed it. He lay the sword on the ground and held the sheath out towards the fence. Kyru took it back just as the fence sprung up and lay the sheath between the bars. As the fence came back down, it was trapped by the sheath and couldn't go all the way back in. Everyone was silent, still thinking about what Mina had said. Mina was crying, her eyes in her hands. "Listen, the past is the past, reliving it is a waste of time. I'll live for the moment." He said, getting back on the jacket and armor. He waited for somebody to get up, preferably with a big grin, but nobody moved. "Fine. I'll go alone." He jumped and landed between the spikes of the fence. The fence shot up, and Kyru vaulted onto the other side.

"Wait! Kyru.." Kovu then stood up and sprinted to his side.."I don't know how much help I can be, but please let me come with you." Kovu's eyes were watery and sad.
"Have it your way.."Kyru said calmly and looked once more at Mina w/a look unseen by anyone. The look of pure hatred. *"That look...That's the look his father gave me the day of the tournament..Why am I the hated one, all I wanted to do was protect you Kyru..Why?"*
Mina rises to her feet, whipes her face w/her hand and walks past the 3.."Stupid woman, let me go first.."Haru was sharply cut off by Mina's developing furry.
"Shut up boy!" Mina shouts over her shoulder and continues ahead w/out looking back. Suddenly she stops abrupltly and looks down into an endless canyon that stretched across the bliss for as far as the eye could see...
"Now what are we suppose to do?"Haru threw his hands to his side..
Mina unaware of his voice lifts her face towards the darkness above her and spreads her arms outward, with that a pair of blue flammed wings spread from her back and flapped out to stretch.
"Wha--"Kovu wondered outloud.
"Stay here, I will check out the other side.."Mina jumps into the air and soars over the vastness.
"Wait!!!! Damnit!" Kyru slams his fists into the grassy land.
"Kyru, please stay calm." Kovu kneels beside him and places her hand on his shoulder.
He jerks in surprise of her touching him and looks into her weary eyes. "You need to get some rest Kovu."
"No, what if demons come?"
"You forget..I am a demon! And if they come, me and Haru are here for you.."Kyru sits down, "now, get some rest."
Kovu lays down and Kyru offers her to place her head on his lap.
"Here.." Haru takes off his jacket and covers her w/it.
"We have no choice right now but to wait for that woman to come back..damn her.."Kyru agitated.

[i] Why do I hate her? [/i] Kyru thought. [i] Am I mad at her for boring me? For doing what she thinks is right? [color=darkred] No, for abandoning me in an orphinage and leaving me there to be put through every hell imagineable. [/color] She was just trying to protect me... [color=darkred] Alot of good she did. What's that symbol on my back called? The one that they burned into my skin after the first time I tried the rain of terror attack? [/color] That can hardly be called her fault. If anything, it's my father's fault. [color=darkred] Why? he didn't bring me into this hell called reality. [/color] So, I'm mad at her for existing? That makes no sense at all. [/i] Kyru looked around to make sure nobody was looking at him. [i] Who are you? [color=darkred] I am you. Or, I am me, whichever I prefer. [/color] [/i]
"Kyru? Are you okay?"
"Why wouldn't I be?!" He said more spitefully then he had intended.

Kovu jerks herself up at Kyru's agrivation and looks at him w/confusion, but he just looks back towards the canyon. Kovu gets up and walks over to Haru who was laying on his back.
"Haru, do you think it was right for Mina to tell Kyru of who he is?"
"Well the way I see it is that Mina did what she felt in her heart was the best thing to do..I feel that she didn't want to part from her son, but she only did it out of a mothers love..I wouldn't want anyone to harm my kid if I had one."
*wow, Karu's words were heartfelt* Kovu thought to herself.
All of a sudden there was a cold breeze, Kyru looks up and over his shoulder to see an enormous demon 7 stories tall. "Kyru Kaguro..You will come w/me."
"I will do no SUCH THING!"Kyru jumps up in the air and unsheats his sword and a strange feeling rushed over him as his blade grew heavy, "What the---why is my sword so heavy?!"
The weight from his blade sends him soaring to the ground w/brute force. His body laying on the ground before the demon, Haru charges in at full force, along w/Kovu.
"KOVU! GRAB KYRU AND GET THE HECK OUTTA HERE!"
Kovu grabs Kyru under his arms and puts on arm over her shoulder and grabs him around the waist. "Oww...that's gonna leave a mark." Kyru groans sarcastically.
"Hold on to me..."
"Let me go, Kovu..I am just fine" Kyru springs free from her grip, loses his balance from his swords weight and falls to his knee.."Damn, what's wrong with this sword?!"
Haru attacks w/all his might at the beast, but his attacks are useless as the demon brings his fist w/a swift motion down towards Haru. He stands in shock..."BLIZZARD OF AGES!!!!" Haru is blown by the burst of freezing snow and wind.
The demons fist shakes the ground, "Urrrraggghh!"
Haru stands up to see Kovu standing w/her left hand facing him and the right holding onto her left wrist...
"Thanx Kovu, you saved me." Haru says w/a sigh of relief as his right hand is holding his left shoulder.
Kyru stands, fighting the weight he lifts the sword in front of his body..the sword is shaking from Kyru trying to hold it up. His voice rumbles in furry, "You.."*points sword at the demon*, "you will tell me why you want with me."
"It's not I you insollent brat, the King of Skulls, Sonoskai Kaguro wishes to speak w/you..."
"You go back to your master and tell him that I will NOT speek w/him! DO YOU HEAR!!!"

Meanwhile....Mina soars over the vast canyon and lands on the green grass on the other side..She look outward over the seemingly endless meadow..*What is out there, I can feel a strange energy..It's not evil, but it's not good...*
She starts to walk but feels the cold wind. *Gasps* her head turns swiftly as her thick hair spins in the breeze across her face.
"Kyru...Kovu..Haru, they're in danger, I must go back.." She starts to walk toward the edge of the meadow but a huge bird-like demon swooped down and knocked Mina to the ground..
"Uhh..What?"
The demon shreaks and turns around for another attack!

Guest Skyechild91
OCC: I like the second...
Kovu ran at Kyru, and grabbed the handle of his sword. Kyru: What the hell?! Kovu's eyes turn a deep blue and she starts to help Kyru lift the sword. they struggle as one to lift it, and they hold it together. kovu," Kyru! Help me! We can do this together! You cant lift it by yourself! Let me help!" Kyru's rejection was cut off by Haru's" Idiot! Trust her!" Kovu let go with one hand and said," Damn you demon! YOu'll never take Kyru! NEVER! Ice Wave!" She held up her free hand and a wave of ice burst from it, slamming into the demon. Kovu stumbled, losing her grip on the sword.

Guest Anime_Forever
Haru: Stand BACK!!! Let me handle this.
His eyes turn black.
Haru: FINNAL WIND ATTACK!!! GUST BEAM!!!!!!!
A huge beam of wind hits the demon and goes through it. It starts to get sucked into the whirlwind.
Kovu: What the He...
aru: Say it and you die.
Haru quickly pulls the beam away and uses a wind tunnel to finish the job. His eyes go back to normal but his wakiashi dissolves.
Haru: Itll fix itself. As for him, whats with his sword?
Kyru: D***IT!!!!!!
Haru: SHUT UP!!!! Let us help you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Skyechild91
Kovu grabbed at the sword again. Kyru tried to move it, and he couldnt. Kovu grabbed it, but Kyru shrugged her off. She le go and said," Fine. Be that way. We try to help, but what does that do? Make you look weak. But," she turned her angry face towards him, gesturing to the others. " if we dont work together, who is really weak? You are weak. Only if you cant stand to let some one help you. That means your running from us. And running means your weak." SHe turned away from him and brushed past Haru, who sent an angry glance at Kyru. All of them could tell that Kovu was mad, really mad. She turned an dsaid," So, Kyru. You fight the demon. If you win, its not gonna be with my help." She turned and walked out of sight.

"Screw this!" Kyru drops the sword, but his hand remains glued to it. He drops to one knee, trying to hold up the sword. "AAAH!" Kyru slowly inched his way to the demon, dragging the sword like a ball and chain. The demon mockingly stepped back each time he got closer. Finally, Kyru reacked him and latched onto his foot. His body was drained from carrying the sword, so he just latched on and refused to let go. The demon let out a mocking laughter, throwing Kyru off with one swift kick. He crashed against the wall, his sword sinking deep into the stone. Kyru hung limply from it, still drained. He shook his head and continued to try and pull the sword out. It refused to budge. He let out a long sigh. He still refused to call for help, flinging himself as far out of the way as he could of the demon's thundering punch. "I... can't do this... alone." He said weekly, the demon's fist flying again. This time it skimmed along his side, pounding into his arm. "I need your help." He said at last.

Guest Skyechild91
Kovu was by him instantley. She smiled. "I thought so." she put her hand on his, and smiled, a -lets-kick-butt smile. Kyru looked startled, but let her help. Kovu said," Okay, your gonna feel wierd for a minute, but itll help." She closed her eyes,a frown of concentration on her tanned, lean face. Kyru looked down and his hand heated up. It tingled, and hsi stomach churned. He felt his strength returning, and Kovu opened her eyes. Her eyes went blank, and she fell to the ground beside her friend, unconcious.