OtakuBoards

Rain of Fire

Squall

OOC: No intrusion there terra, that's your job.

*Okay, I promise to stay out of your mind. Get some sleep*Kyru smiled then sat down on a branch which was shaped perfectly for his body,"Ahhh, solitude is beatiful. Hmmm, the air is so fresh and clean." He nods his head and before he knew it he fell asleep.
"Mina, where do we go from here? And when are we going to go to this place that we need to go to?"Haru sat down beside Mina who was sitting on a fallen tree overlooking the creek.
"We need to go to Telsing, the next tower is there. I think it is only about a three hour walk south from here. And don't think that the beast in the next tower is going to be as easy as the last one. They will just keep getting harder and harder...."Mina's voice trailed off into the setting sun.
"Ky..ru..don't..go......stay with us...stay with..me..."Kovu whispered softly.
"Ahh, we got us a talking sleeper,"Haru quirked.
*Hmmm, where is he anyway?* Mina thought to what she thought was herself.
* I'm in the tree above you guys....Did Kovu call for me?* Kyru popped into Mina's head.
*She was talking in her sleep. You too should get some sleep. Really Kyru, sleep.*
*What about you, aren't you tired?*
*Kyru, may I remind you that I just woke up from an "eternal" slumber?*
*Oh yeah, I forgot that you got brought back to life...*Kyru thought deeply.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Skyechild91
-Draemtime-
Kovu flipped over the head of a demon, piercing it with a ice missile. She turned to see Kyru, MIna, and Haru fighting seperate demons. She saw that Mina was having a little trouble, so she sent a wave of ice missilse at it. Mina finished it off. Kovu turned back to Kyru. SHe gasped. He walked blankly towards the demon, who had a cruel smile on his face. Kyru had finally fallen into a trap set by his father, and was being tken unwillingly to him. Kovu choked out," Kyru! No!" She ran towards him and the monster, but the monster grabbed Kyru, and lept into the air, vanashing. Kovu droped to her knees, tears streaming down her face. "Kyru... no.. dont go... dont leave us... dont leave me..."
-Realtime-
Kovu jolted awake, and buried her face in her hands, crying. Mina looked over at her. [I]Kovu? Are you okay?[/I]Mina asked her. Kovu said back,[I]Oh, gods, Mina. That was worse than any memory I could have...[/I]Kovu choked up, and couldnt say anymore.

[i] so, what was death like?

It's hard to explain.

I see... what the?!

Kyru?!

...I'm going to ask that you do rest now, wheather or not you have been sleeping for an eternity doesn't mean sleep isn't a good idea.

Kyru, what happened?

Just, stay there. [/i]

The disscussion ended, Mina looked to the treetops, but couldn't see anything in the pale moonlight. He gave a worried look to Kovu, who had obviously overheard.
Kyru's eyes darted from every direction, following a blur in the shadows. A cold dark voice loomed out at him. "How is it that you were talking? I saw it in your eyes. [i] Aw damn! He's looking into my eyes?!! [/i] "Thats none of your buiseness! Who are you?!!" The blur stopped and stood on the top of a neighboring tree. "I am like you, I have no name."

"I do have a name, its Kaguro. What is it that you want?"
"You have forgotten, the feel of battle, the clashing of bone, and sinew."

Before Kyru could respond, the figure lunged at him and knocked him off the tree. "AW! Damn... you!" Kyru struggled to get up as the figure loomed over him again. The figure kneeled down and stabbed Kyru with a sword. "AARRGH!!"
"I have come to remind you, Kyru, remind you of the joy of battle." The man stood up, the pale moon showing his face. He had long black hair and piercing red eyes. A scar snaked its way down his eye. Kyru growled at him and shot up. He unsheathed his sword and attacked. "Thats right, Kyru. Attack me. Your the only one who can set me free, after all."
"SHUT UP!!"

Guest Skyechild91
Kovu srpung up, staff in hand. She lept up to Kyru, and stood in front of him, despite his protests. *You will leave Kyru alone, got that?* Kovu 'shouted' at the guy. [I]Kovu! Are you nuts? We dont even know who he is![/I]Kyru told her in private mind speech. Kovu didnt answer, and lunged at the man. *DIE!* KOvu put the pointed end of her staff towards the mans chest, and leaned on her staf as she lunged. the guy managed to move, but only just a little. The staff pierced his shoulder. Kovu thought to herself, I lost him then, I wont let that happen now! She felt something heat up, and looked down. Then man formed an energy ball and it was aimed at her. Before she could do anything, she flew back and hit the trunk of a tree, [I]hard[/I]. SHe slid down it, moaning in pain. A few of her ribs were broken, and her shoulder was dislocated. Not to mention teh fact that she was bleeding from where the energy blast had hit her.

"KOVU!" Kyru looked back at her, horrer struck. "Our battle can not be interrupted." Kyru growled and looked back at the man. The man cackled. "Are you already relying on the rage technique? How pathetic."

"SHUT UP!" Kyru charged and hacked at the man. He jumped up to dodge. "DEATH DIMENSION!!" The small black cubes thundered from Kyru's hand and shot at the man. He cackled again and jumped to another tree. Kyru jumped upwards. "DIE!!" He started slashing madly at the man, who dodged with great ease. "You've grown weaker. We used to be at a perfect match." The man sheathed his sword and blocked Kyru's blade with his bare arms. "Do you see? My arms are not even bleeding. Can you remember me now?"
"No!! You died!!" Kyru jumped up and treid to shoot down onto the man's head. The man dodged and hit Kyru across the face. An energy ball formed in his hand. "Should I kill you now? No. I'll do you a favor..." He turned to face Kovu, his face twisted into a demented grin. "AND KILL YOUR WEAKNESS!!"
"HRRAAAA!!" The man looked to the side to see Kyru explode out of the underbrush. His eyes glew red and two fangs were visable inside his moth. In an instant, his grin turned to horrer and they both diisapeared. Blurs, followed by flashes of light and thundering clashes filled the air. They both reapeared, the man flying back, his face gushing blood. Kyru gave a satisfied grin, before his eyes returned to normal and his fangs dissapeared. His face was full of shock as he looked around. "W-what the hell?!"

Guest Skyechild91
Kovu saw all of this, but blood started to blobk her vision. She reached out to Kyru, and a small stone appeared. It was glowing a light blue silver.It floated next to Kyru, who looked at it, shocked. [I]Kovu.. what is that?[/I]Kovu smiled softly, barley moving. [I]Its my heart crystal. Protect it and you protect me. If it gets destroyed...[/I]Her mind voice trailed off as she fel from teh tree, unconcious, making a dull thud as she hit. Mina sat her up, and placed two fingers to her forehead, helping Kovu stay alive. Even with MIna's help, Kovu was barley hanging on.
I got board. Sorry!

"Nnnuuuhhh...Kovu, hold on! Stay alive until I can get there. Come on, girl, don't die on him!!" Mina was running hard.
"Mi..na, Mina help him.."Kovu was fading.
"He can take care of himself, trust me. I am coming to you,"Mina finally found Kovu's limp body on the ground. She kneels next to Kovu and rolls her over onto her back. Mina grabs her platinum dagger out of her boot and cuts Kovu's wrist.
"HEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO HER!!!" Kyru screamed.
Mina ignored him and cut her own wrist.*The same thing I did to you in the tower. Except, you didn't need me to cut your wrist, you had a hole in your chest ,remember?* She smears her blood on the dagger and dug it into Kovu's cut. She whipes the blade and her wound healed. Kovu's wrist healed right infront of Kyru's eyes, and Kovu began to glow a faint lavender light.
"Mina...What happened...I-I am alive.."Kovu sat up, Mina slid her dagger back into her boot and stood up. "Take it easy Kovu. You will get your complete strength back in a short time."
*Kyru...who is this? And how do you know him?* Mina looks up, her turqoise eyes glistened with excitment. Her fists were clinched at her sides and she had a familiar smirk on her face. The wind danced in her hair, she was in a fighting mood. She was ready to fight.

[i] He- well... he was... listen. the only thing you need to remember, is that whenever you see him, turn tail and run.

Kyru...

Look, I already told you that alot happened since you sent me away. What exactly was it that happened is none of your buisness. [/i]

A chuckle snapped his attention away from her. The man had gotten back up, a scar now embedded in his cheek. "That's right, Kyru. that power is just what I had hoped for. Now, show me again. Show me the pain that I long for." He walked towards Kyru calmly, in a meaningfull march and then dissapeared. [i] Oh crap! [/i] Kyru held his sword out in front of him in a blocking position. In an instant, hundereds of cuts found their ways across his body. Kyru was flung back, but the man looked dissapointed. "Where did your power go? Was it... I see." He laughed again as Mina charged.

[i] MINA!! GET OUT OF HERE!!! THIS IS MY FIGHT!! [/i]

Mina paused and waited while Kyru got back up. He shot her a get-out-of-here look and raised his sword. Mina contemplated leaving as Kyru leaped into the air. "SWORD OF THE LEECH!!" The man didn't even try to move. The sword struck him and the dark aura surrounded him. "You think you can handle my energy? Well, here's your prize! 100%!! A beam of light screamed up the sword and into Kyru. Wind shot out of his cuts and light shot out of his eyes. He screamed in pain and flew back.

"KYRU!!! NOOOOO!!" Kovu flung up and tried to charge in, but just as she was airborne, Mina grabbed her around the waist and pulled her down.
"Mina! Let me go!! He's goining to die!!"Kovu was flailing about.
"Let him then!!! He's made it quite obvious that he doesn't need anyone! He wants to know what death is, let him find out for himself!!" Mina's eyes were now dark and cold, she starts to walk away. Kovu sits on the ground, looks after her with fear, then rage.
"Are you just going to let him die?! Why?!! I thought you were here to prevent him from dying!!!" Kovu yelled.
"I said I was here to find him! And to kill his father! AND that's what I am going to do! With or without him!" Mina kept walking straight, then jumped into the air adn disappeared.
"NO! Mina come back!!" Kovu glared up at Kyru who was fighting the stranger. *Now you've done it!*
*SHUT-UP!! I don't need a lecture from you now!*
*No..of course you don't.....*Kovu stood up and started walking towards the campsite where Haru was zonked and completely unaware.
The strange man chuckled, then he roared with laughter as his head fell back. "Uhh..I haven't laughed like that in...wait, I haven't laughed like that ever. Now you are starting to become the boy I once knew....careless, cold, and heartless."

Guest Skyechild91
Kovu sat down beside Haru. HAru looked over to her, thoughtfully. "YOu know, it seems to me like this guy is trying to break us up. Thats the only way he can win. At least, thats what I think." Kovu stared at him, the suddenly kissed him on the cheek. Haru blushed. "Haru, your a geniuss! As long as I dont get mad at Kyru, Mina, or you, he cant win!" [I]Kyru! Dont let him get you mad at me or MIna! Thats his weapon! HE wants to break us apart![/I]

[i] No, he's more honerable than that.

???

You wanna know who this guy is?
Who?
He's my trainer. Everything I know about fighting, I learned from him. Thats why I have to fight him alone. I must kill him with my blade. [/i]

Kyru stumbled back up. He took off his jacket, and his chain mail. He readied his sword again and faced off. [i] My honor depends on it [/i] Kyru charged at the man and hacked through the tree he was leaning against. The man leaped into the canopy with Kyru hot on his tail. The thundering cracks of the death dimensions rang shrilly through the air. "Ha! You never really learned, did you? Allow me to re-educate you." The man stopped leaping back and punched Kyru across the face. He was flung back, through a tree. He stumbled back up and growled. [i] Damn! Sword of the leech is useless, death dimension is too slow, so that leaves... [/i] Kyru balled his hand into a fist. "RAIN OF TERROR!!" The skies grew black and void of stars. It started to rain the familliar black drops. The man growled as the drops burned into his skin. Kyru grinned. "I-I'm really that w-weak, am I?" The man suddenly grinned. "You can't keep it up, can you?" Kyru growled. "I'll show you!!" The rain started coming down hard, but then stopped. The man sunk his fist deeper into Kyru's stomach. "Perhaps, I will not kill you today." He cackled and hit him in the back of the neck, knocking him out.

An hour passed by in silence. Kovu looked worried as she peered into the forest. A smile came to her face as Kyru trudged out of the forest. "Kyru! You're okay!" She ran up to him. "Did you kill him?"
"Get the hell away from me." Kyru walked past everyone, in the direction of the next tower.

*Meanwhile....

Mina was walking about an hour and a half ahead of the others. [i]Who was that man? What did he want with Kyru? Hmmph, why do I care! I am only the kids mother for crying out loud!! Well...he's right, I shouldn't be called his mother. I sent him away...What!? What are you thinking Mina!? You sent him away to protect him, and in doing that I died for that kid! And this is the thanx I get?! Arrrrhhhhuuuhhh! Forget it!....He's becoming just like his father...Kyru, please realize this and change. You can be strong, you can be the best, but don't let that get to your head..or you will suffer your fathers rath..."[/i](not sure if I did that right)
*Mina..can you hear me?*
*Kovu? What's wrong?*
*Kyru's scaring me..He's acting very..*
*You know I am able to hear you!*
*Listen, I stayed out of your damned business, so why don't you stay out of mine!* Mina scolded.
*Fine!*Kyru yelled.
*Fine!"Mina yelled back.

[i] I wanted to ask you something, but I never had the heart. [/i]

Kyru popped into Mina's mind.

[i] What is it now?

Did you really think you did me a favor by letting me live? How do you think a demon would survive in a human world, thats pretty well terrified of the very name?

I...

I mean, if you just planned to find me and kill Kaguro yourself, why didn't you just let me die?

I was trying to protect-

Protect me?!! From Who?!!! Kaguro? I think I may have preferred that, thanks!

Kyru, Mina was just-

And you, Kovu! Why couldn't you just have left me alone? Did you really have to cling onto me?!!

... [/i]

The conversation ended as abruptly as it had begun. Kyru punched the nearest tree in rage. [i] How did I let him get away? [/i]

Guest Skyechild91
Kovu watched Kyru punch the tree in frustration. Her blue eyes flared in anger. She walked to Kyru, and, in mid-punch, slapped him. HE stumbled back a few paces, and gingerly touched his smarting cheek, sending a surprised look at Kovu. Kovu was angry. She said on open mind speech, enabling Haru to hear her, [I]Fine, Kyru. I guess I really am a burden to you. Arent I? I will leave you alone then. After all, why should I help a self centered little brat?[/I] With that, she spun on one heel and followed Mina.

Mina stands in place astounded by what she had just experienced. A single tear fell down her creamy face. Strangely enough, it wasn't a normal tear, it was blood. [i] What's happening? Why all of a sudden is he acting this way? Now he's exactly like his father..[/i]*falls to her knees and the tears of blood fall*[i] What am I suppose to do now Gods!![/i]
"Mina!! Wait! I want to come with you!" Kovu comes running up,"What-what happened to you, you're bleeding!"
"Kovu, what's happening to us? What changed him? I-I--I don't know what I am going to do..."the blood flowed. Then a shock of pain shot up Mina's back and into her chest. The pain was unbearable, she fell to the ground and started coughing up blood.
"MINA!!! Someone please help!!" Kovu knelt down and picked up Mina's shaking body. [i] I will NOT call on Kyru...[/i]

Guest Skyechild91
Kovu held Mina's convulsing body to her. [I]Oh, gods! Gods of my fathers, Wiccan and Christian! HElp her! PLEASE![/I]Mina started to shake, only barley. Tears streamed down KOvus tann cheeks. [I]Oh, gods! Mina! No, dont die on me! I cant lose you! MINA![/I] Haru had heard her desperate call, and called with his mind, futiley, [I]Kovu... Im... com...[/I] His inexperianced mind voiced trialed off. Kovu held Mina tighter as she started to fade, body and spirit. Kovu finally gave into the urge to call Kyru. [I] Kyru! Your mothr is dieng! Help us! [/I] Kovu linked her soul with Mina's, and stated to heal her, using her own life energy. Hari got there, slitly breathless, and kneeled beside the dieng Mina and the constantly weakoning Kovu. Mina kept not dieng, thanks to Kovu. Kovu's eyes gradually closed, as she had no energy to hold them open. She crumpled on the ground, determined not to ler mIna die, determined to give her life to save her if she needed to. [I] Mina... dont.. die.. Mina...[/I]

Mina's weak voice drifted into Kovu's mind [i]Don't give your life for mine. Don't you dare do it! KOVU!! STOP!!! You need to stay alive, you are too young, Kovu...live on...fight for your life..I have lived once and failed to find my meaning. I won't let that happen to you...stop trying to save me...now![/i]
"Kovu!! Wake up!!! I don't need you to die on me as well!!!" Haru shouted desperately.
"Ha-Haru..can you save her?"Kovu's voice quivered.
"With the life energy that you gave her she won't last more than an hour..But I will transfer some of mine and give her some of my power energy, that should keep her alive for atleast 3 more hours. It will give us enough time to get into the town and find someone who can help her," Haru placed his hands on Mina's throat and their bodies began to glow with a purple ora(however ya spell it).....

Guest Skyechild91
OCC: Its spelled aura.
Kovu couldnt stand up. Haru levered her and Mina up once they had energy. They caried Mina between them. Kovu's anger flared again. [I]Damn you, Kyru! Damn you to the lowest of the nine hells![/I] She yelled at Kyru.
Sorry its so short. I dont know exactly what i should have posted.

Kyru looked back in shock, but then looked forward again. [i] No. Don't get too attatched to them. Lesson well learned. [/i] He grumbled something under his breath and looked bak in front of him. [i] Would he go to the next tower? It's been too long...

Kyru! Damn you to the lowest of the nine hells! [/i]

Kyru responded by blocking his mind off and setting the stone she had given him down. Kovu picked it up and growled. Kyru just continued walking. [i] This tower is the light tower, the tower of illusions. Would he go there? Why couldn't I defeat him? I killed him before...

Is that all you can think about? Your mother almost died and your thinking about-

Stay out of my head. [/i]

Kovu looked slightly taken back, but then yelled at him freely. "Fine! I'll yell at you the old fashioned way!! You greedy little brat!!"
"And I will ignore you the old fashioned way." Kyru's voice was suprisingly calm. [i] If he didn't kill me here, he must have something else in mind. Could he be in leauge with my father? No. He would have killed me then. How do I find Him? [/i]

Guest Skyechild91
Kovu stared after Kyru, slightly shocked. She yelled with her mind and voice, making sure he heard her,"[I]FIne! I am worthless![/I]" She threw down her heart crystal, it cracking as is impacted. She hit the ground with just as much force. Her eyes closed, and she let out one more breath. The last thing Kyru, Mian, and Haru heard in their minds was,[I]Why didnt I do this when my parents died? I knew no one would understand. Why did I take the chance...[/I] The stone's fragments glittered, tehn thier glow died out as Kovu died.
Sorry, guys. You can bring her back later, but I want to see Kyru's reaction to her actually getting hurt/dieing.

Kyru paled. He waited. [i] Kovu, get up. This isn't funny, get up. Kovu! KOVU! [/i] He ran over, knocking Haru a good distance out of the way. "Kovu! Get up! Get up..."

[i] "Just because you never had a family who loved you doesnt mean you can spoil it for others who did!"

"So I try to be useful, and this is what I get? Critism?"

" if we dont work together, who is really weak? You are weak. Only if you cant stand to let some one help you. That means your running from us. And running means your weak." [/i]

"Damn Kovu... I couldn't... why didn't listen..." Tears welled up in his eyes. "Kovu, you have to get up. Kovu? [b] Kovu?! [/b] " The tears flowed freely as he shook her limp body. He continued yelling her name until he was well out of breath. [i] Please... I can't do this alone... you have to come back. [/i]

Mina stared at him with tearing rageful eyes. He slowly stood up and placed his sword on her dead body.

Guest Skyechild91
I have to do someone elses. Sorry, amina.
Mian looked at Kyru coldly. "What did you expect to happen, Kyru? She did try to kill herself before. Did you think now was going to be any different?" Her mind was turmoil. [I]Oh, gods, Kovu. Why? You almost gave your life for me, and stopped when I told youy to. But why die now? YOu know Haru and I atleast needed you. We still do. Kovu, oh Kovu...[/I]
Can you tell i got bored? Can you also tel that i want Tsukasa to post again? :sweat:

"Shut-up woman!" Kyru choked.
Mina is now able to stand on her own, "What crawled up your butt and died? Being defeated?! Well guess what, we all were defeated at one point or more. But did you see us*spreads her hand around at Haru, Kovu and herself* take it out on you!? Well! This is exactly what happened between your father and me! He betrayed me and I died to protect you! I [i]died[/i] for [i]you[/i]! And now Kovu has died for you, who else must die before you can see past yourself?!" Mina was furious, her turquiose eyes flared in anger.

"I'm not mad that I was defeated." He said calmly. "You wanna know the story? Fine." He took off his shirt and pointed at the devil sign on his chest. "April 30, this one was burned on with a branding iron the first time I tried the rain of terror attack. This one *points at a horrid gash on his arm* May 9. After the seventh and eith ones, it started to become a tradition. I became a wanderer, never staying more than a night anywhere. I was thrown in jail for malicious intention. Thats when I met Kijiro, that man you saw. He never looked like a prisioner me. He always knew exactly what to do, always calm, like the man I wanted to become. I was still green and he showed me the ropes.

He tought me how to use the Kamenoshi tequniche, where all the tourment a man has faced burst forward. I wasn't strong enough for it. My eye now-" He pointed at his left eye, which shrunk and grew when his hand nearend it. "It's not looking at you. It's watching Kovu die over and over again."

"I don't understand. How does this affect what we just saw at all? Cause if you want sympathy, you-"

"Would you shut up and listen! If I wanted sympathy, I would have told you long ago! After the tequniche backfired, Kijiro blamed himself and went for a cure. I don't know why or how, but he was never the same, like something was controlling him. I- I had to kill him, to set him free! He would have wanted it that way, I know it." He sighed and put his hands over his face. "Now I see it every time I sleep. I keep asking myself if I was wrong. At any rate, he's back now, his spirit is still locked away inside of him because of me! Because I was too weak to fully kill him! Now everyone I come into contact with *Motions towards Kovu* has to suffer because I'm too weak! Now I have no choice, I have to kill him alone. It's the only way."
He got up and looked back at Kovu. "Maybe, when I get back, we can fight together again. But I have to do this first."

Guest Skyechild91
OCC: Since I cant really post now... Has anyone else noticed tha everyone is about two years apart in age? Mina is two years older tha Kyru, and Kyru is two years oldr than Kovu, while she is three years older than Haru.
Haru-12
Kovu- 15
Kyru- 17
Mina- 19
Thought you guys just ight wanna know. I thought it was interesting. Im gonna make Kovu's spitit respond, k?
Kyru heard a faint respond to what he had told Kovu. His eyes widened in suprise. "Wh-what?" Mina had heard it to. "Kovu... Oh, Its her soul..." [I]One last thing, Kyru, before I go. You never really relize what you hae til its gone...[/I]Then, she was gone, spirit, soul, and mind. Part of Kyru's mind went blank as she dissapeared.