OtakuBoards

Rain of Fire

Squall

Guest Skyechild91
[I]Well...
Yeah?
Give a girl a moment, will ya? Okay.
Well?
My parents.. they were murdered before my eyes, and I never seemed to care about anyone. Atleast, after they... died...[/I]
Kovu's mind went out on him, and he saw tears stream down her face as she loked over the railing. Her cerulean hair fel over her face, concealing her eyes.

[I]I.. Im sorry, Kyru. I just cant tell you.
Why?[/I] Then she said, harsher than she ment,
[I] Why dont you just ask mina? She seems to have all the answers. Why do you ned me? I dont get why im in this any more than you do. And i dont think i really help with what i am doing.[/I]

Kovu went over the bridge, away from Kyru, Mina, and Haru. She somehow managed to block her thoughts from Kyru.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[i] Kovu? [/i] There was no response. Kyru felt slightly happy that he was back in his own mind. He watched her walk away, her head hung low. [i] Geeze. Was she mad that I asked Mina more than her? Does that make any sense? How am I always the bad guy?...I shouldn't have asked her, how would I feel if someone asked me about times of old?...She needs to calm down, though. When people get mad, they make mistakes. They start tripping over their own feet, sometimes into a grave. [/i] He put the chicken back in the bag, appperently loosing his appetite. Mina looked at him confused. He pointed at his head and Mina nodded. Haru looked helplessly confused. "So, when are we leaving?"
"Give it some time."
"What exactly has been going on?" Kyru ignored Haru and looked back at Mina. "That reminds me, what is it that we've been chasing?"

Guest Skyechild91
Kovu walked away from the other three. She stuck her hands in her pockets, and kicked at a rock. [I]Stupid Kyru. Why him?[/I] HEr thought was cut off when a figure shot out at her. Her staff was instantly between her and the thing. IT knocked the staff out of her hand, and knocked her to the ground. Kovu struggled to get away, but it wouldnt let her. She opened her mind, and thought desperatley,[I]Kyru! Help me![/I]

OOC: I'm gonna guess that the figure is the inviso dude, right? I don't know what a sillohete is, so i'm guessing it was invisable. Correct me if i'm wrong

Kyru stood up in a heartbeat, kicking dust on Mina and Haru. "What?!" Before they had time to ask exactly what it was, he sprinted down the narrow path that Kovu had traveled on. Haru looked at Mina, shaking off the dirt. 'What was that all about?"
The figure rammed Kovu hard in the stomach and sent her back into the ground. Something flashed before her eyes, but it left before she could see it. Kyru's battle scream roared through the air. He vaulted into the air, his sword drawn. Kovu screamed. Thousands of images flashed before her eyes, so fast she couldn't make out clearly. Kyru dropped, but the figure moved. Kovu felt like her head was going to burst. Suddenly, she was completely drained from anything but the images. Kyru let out another yell as he leaped into the figure, only to be met with a hard blow to the face. The images became a small bit clearer. They were of pain, agony, her own experience flashing before her in a heartbeat. She screamed again, and the images stopped. Her strength returned, and she looked at Kyru, who was staring right at her. [i] Keep this in check for a little bit, got it? [/i]

OOC: A sillohette is like a shadow..

Haru asks Mina.."What exactly are we chasing?"
"We are chasing a henchmen of the King of Skulls, his right hand so to speak. His advisor, call him what you may.."
"Now why are we just sitting here, let's go!" Haru jumps up. "By the way, what the crap is going on w/Kyru and Kovu, they were quiet yet, they looked at eachother and I could see it in their eyes that they were talking to eachother.."
" I think it's best if you don't ask me..I think you should ask them, I get the feeling that Kovu doesn't like me to interfere .."
"Yeah, I sorta picked up on that too. But Kyru's your son.."
"That he is, but Kovu is not my kid. I am not going to interfere with her life anymore than I already have by telling you what was goining on betweent the two..If she wants to tell you, she will..she's a big girl and can make her own decisions.." Mina was stopped in sentance by a plea *"Mina! Help us!!!! Mina!" it was Kyru, screaming in pain through telopathy*
"Haru, go! Kyru and Kovu need your help!"
"But what about you? Aren't you going?"
"No...." Mina sits back down.."You 3 can handle it.."
Haru looks over his shoulder, *"Why doesn't she follow, usually she''s the first in line...Oh well, I had better find them."*

Guest Skyechild91
Kovu heard something, and saw dst go up. She launched herself into the air, knarowly dogding the attack. She tookout her staff, and yelled in the things genarel direction," Lightning Dagger!" A dagger of lightning shot out of the end of her staff. Kyru jumped back. Kovu suddenly hit the ground, holding her stomach. She called out desperatley,[I]Kyru! Where are your mom and Haru?[/I] Kyru shook his head, so Kovu yelled at Mina with hr mind,[I]Mina! Help us! This thing--![/I] Her voice was cut off as she flew back a few feet. She saw Kyru slash at the thing w/ his sword, and yelled, adding her atack to his," Ice Wave!"

Mina suddenly heard,[I]Mina! Help us! This thing-![/I] The voice was cut off, and Mina knew it wasnt Kyru's. She ran after Haru, towards where Kyru and Kovu were battling the monster...

Kyru swung his sword madly, until he finally connected with the figure. It fell back, it's foot twitching. "geeze. What the hell was that?" Kyru turned around, and looked at the shocked Kovu. "Kovu?"
"LOOK OUT!" Kyru threw himself out of the way before the demon thing could hack through him. "What the hell?! That was a direct hit! Nothing could survive that!" The figure sprang around, almost like it had never been cut at all. "RAIN OF TERROR!!" Kyru yelled out. The skies darkened with a forboding sense around them. Something wasn't right, Kovu could feel it. "NOO!!" The rain started to fall. The figure threw it's head back and laughed. It welcomed the rain to splash down upon it. With every breath, it grew stronger, inhaling the essence of the rain. Kyru stood still, the ball of energy clasped in his hand. "THIS IS IT! I"LL FINISH IT!"
"NOO!!"

"Kovu! Kyru!" Haru ran up beside them and pulled out his weapon, then his attention was drawn to the demon, "What the crap is that thing doing?!"
Mina nimbly jumps from branch to branch off of the dead cedar trees. She gasps, *No, Kyru. The Rain of Terror only makes him stronger. You have to stop your attack!*she uses her mind to talk to Kyru.
"Huh? Mina?" Kyru looks around, "Mom?"
Kovu and Haru look at Kyru. "He actually said it. He called her 'mom'." Kovu's shocked expression caught Kyru's attention and he cleared his throat.
*Yes, it's me. Now hurry up and stop your attack!! Hurry before he grows to his full strength!* Mina's pace was faster.
"Right." Kyru closes his fist and the attack stopped. But to their dismay the mysterious demon's power was stronger than when they first encountered him.
Mina jumps down in front of the demon. He stares at Mina and she stares back. "Mina of Legend. What are you doing here w/these kids? Babysitting?" the demon's cold, growling voice laughs in mockery.
*'Mina of Legend'? Wow, I didn't think she was that famous...* Kyru thought.
*Well of course she would be, in her time anyways. We of course wouldn't know.* Kovu answered. *She must have been well spoken of when she went up against your father. And she was the most powerful fighter of her day...Well, more powerful then most men and all of women.*
*Yeah, you're right.*Kyru smiled at Kovu.
*He's smiles?* Kovu tilted her head and lifted an eyebrow. Kyru just blushed and turned back to the demon and Mina.
"Hmmph, I'd rather babysit than be at the disposal of that monster you call your master! What are you doing playing with children?" Mina's sarcasim was irritating the demon, "Didn't your mother tell you to pick on someone your own size?"
"Silence!! I will not be mocked! And him*points at Kyru*, the master wishes his presence immidately! However he did not speak of what he wishes for you." the demon runs a bloody claw down her cheek.
"Ugh." she turns her head away in disgust. The demon was furious and grabs her around the neck and lifts her feet about the ground.
"LET GO OF HER!!!"

Guest Skyechild91
Kyru, Haru, and the demon spun around to face an enraged Kovu. She held a large sword that was engulfed in water. Her eyes flared purple, and she said again, growling it," I said let her go!" With the last word, she sent a large nergy blast at the monster, knocking Mina away from it. Kovu didnt notice, and ran at the demon. She launched herself into the air, and plunged her sword down. It went throught the top of its head, and Kovu landed 50 somewhat feet away from it. She kneeled, breathing hard. The monster crashed to the floor, and lay there, twitching. The sword dissapeared into smoke, and Kovu collasped onto the ground, unconcious. [I]Wow... Whwen she gets mad, she gets mad... But... why did she save Mina? I thought she hated her...[/I] Haru thought as he ran to Mina, and Kyru ran to the fallen Kovu.

OOC: Just wanted to say that I enjoy this story alot, so if I get on your nerves by posting alot, let me know and I will try and limit my addiction.....

"Kovu! Wake up girl!" Kyru picks up Kovu's limp body in his arms.
"Mina, are you okay? Geez woman, why do you do stuff like that. He coulda killed you."Haru kneels beside Mina who is shaking her head. "..."her mouth opens but she couldn't make a sound.
*Kyru, I can't speak. His grasp on my neck damaged my larynx and renders me voicless.* Mina talks to Kyru through telopathy.
*I see, is it permanent?*
*No, it will pass in time. Hopefully within a day.*
"What's going on!? I am tired of being left in silence!" Haru exclaims in annoyance.
"She sa..Well, ya idiot. How would your voice box work if it was damaged by a massive hand choking your neck! I would say it wouldn't work at all!"Kyru grew irritated.
"How did you know that was her problem?"Haru protests with his arms crossed.
"Ugh...it's a small thing called 'commen sense'" Kyru stands up with Kovu and walks towards a clearing of dead, yellow grass.
*Mina, what are we going to do now? Kovu's still out cold.* Kyru looks towards Mina who stares down at the fallen demon.
Mina turns around to face the two and walks to Kyru. She places one hand on Kovu's freezing forehead and the other on her chest above her heart which was barely beating. Mina's head drops and the glowing blue flame surrounded Kovu and herself. The wind starts to pick up and blows upward from the two. Mina slowly throws her head up to the sky and then drops it down to look at Kovu's purple eyes. *She will be just fine.*
"Mina...thanx.." Kovu smiles and then her eyes close.
"Kovu?" Kyru's voice had a slight sense of panic.
*I replenished her energy. Let her sleep for an hour.*
"Thanx Mina." Kyru looks down at Kovu's peaceful face.
*Your welcome Kovu. Sleep.*Mina brushed a strip of hair out of Kovu's face. Mina turns her attention back to the demon, but it was gone!
Haru turns around, "Mina, the demon's gone!!"
"What?! Where did it go?! Ahhh, I can't believe we didn't hear it leave!" Kyru slams his fist into a tree only to blow a hole through it. He blinks his eyes, *Did I do that?*
"Mina, did you know it left?" Haru turns on his heal.
Mina looks at Kyru, *I guess he's gonna have to know that we have telopathy, becuase I will have to answer through you.*
"Okay Mina.......*Kyru looks at her as she explains*. Right..She says that the demon still had energy. But it wasn't enough for her senses to pick up, until it was too late to stop it from leaving. He will return to his master to report, but she believes that he will return either much stronger or with others, or both. So we must be prepared for the next time." Kyru relays.

Kyru sighs and sits down. "This one too..." He mumbles to himself, picking at the grass. "What was that?" Haru looks at him. "Nothing." He looks at him in confusion. "Would you stop looking at me like that!" He yells. [i] This one was looking for me too. They're following me, and they won't stop until I'm dead, or with them. I can't let the others go through that. [/i] He stood up and paced around. He found that Mina was looking at him. "What?" [i] I heard you, you know. [/i] "Can I get a private moment inside my own friggen head?!" He yelled at the top of his lungs. Mina looked down at the ground. Kyru walked away and unsheathed his sword. He swung it around him in a training mannor, and then stood still. [i] Focus. Focus on the rage. power your sword with it. [/i] He waited for something to happen. Finally, a blur appeared in his head, and he started attacking the air. His sword crashed into the ground. Sweat dripped from his face as he looked absently into the ground. [i] It wont be enough.
Why would you focus on those things? [/i] Mina talked to him through telepathy, startling him. [i] Mind your own. [/i] It continued like this for a long time, as Kovu slept and the sun started to set.
He finally stopped. [i] I just remembered. Mina, whats exodia? [/i]

Mina looks at Kyru, *Exodia is the kingdom is which you were born...You are heir to the thrown. The thrown on which your father sits and is trying to protect. All this land used to be Exodia, but through the passing of time it has become this..(Mina extends her arms)..a wasteland that your father controls. Only you can save the planet from his grasp. He has demented it, you can purify it, and that is why he is trying to destroy you. But I won't let him..mark my words, he will fall.* Mina looked to the ground and clenches her fists. *I will not let him destroy you! I was given a second chance..I was dead, Kyru. But God Almighty gave me a second chance to defeat King Kaguro.*
"What was the trade, Mina? He gave life back to you to carry out your vengence, there must be something in return." Kyru's face was full of question. Haru looks at Mina.
"I wish I had telopathy.."
*In giving me a second chance to find you and destroy your father, I had to promise my soul to Him. Once your father is defeated, I will die..again.* Mina gives a little giggle.
"How could you laugh at that? So that's it, you'll die? You will not be part of my life ever again?"Kyru's face was now surprisingly mornful.
"What?! Why is she going to die?" Haru questioned.
"She said that God gave her life to exact her vengence and in return she must go back to Heaven." Kyru relayed with a heavy, choking voice.
*Why do you care anyhow, Kyru? I thought you didn't want me in your life. I thought you said why did I have to come back and interfere with your life? Why didn't I just let you go through life fighting and die and that would be that? Isn't that what you said?* There was a pause as Kyru looked into Mina's firery glance. Nothing was said, Mina turns around and walks down a small trail into the forest.

Kyru fell to his knees. "I-you... were unconcious." His eyes were wide in shock. [i] I kill the king of skulls, I kill Mina. What do I do? I can't kill Mom, but I have to kill the king of skulls. [/i] A burning rage filled him when he thought of Kaguro. [i] It's all his fault! All of this!! [/i] The mundane life he left when he entered the wind tower looked so far behind. He unsheathed his sword, his eyes brimming with tears. "I'LL KILL YOU!!!!!" Suddenly, hundreds of thundering cracks filled the air, black cubes appearing and dissapearing with the trunks of trees and things that were contained in them. The cracks stopped, trees fell and pieces of empty space drifted through the air. Kyru fell face first into the ground. [i] I'll kill god if I have to. [/i]

"Kyru..wha-what's going on. Why are you angry?" Kovu's words calmed him. He walks over to her and kneels.
"Everything's..."he looks into Kovu's eyes which are dancing*You can't lie to me anymore. I can read your mind you dork* Kovu shot at him.
Kyru's face lifted and he chuckled out loud. "You..you called me what?"
"A dork." Kovu said in a squirrly voice. This only made Kyru laugh more.
"What's so funny?" Haru stared in confusion. *He's laughing, should I be scared? Or should I laught with him?*
"Hahaha, uhh..She called me a dork. I have not been called that in many years. And yes you can laugh." Kyru stood up and looked down into Kovu's smiling face.
Haru giggles. "You should call him a dork more often, Kovu."
"That I will.." Kovu says softly.
*Hmmm, that felt good to laugh. I have not done that in ...well I can't remember.* Kyru thought. Kovu just looked blankly at him, Kyru figured out how to block his thoughts.
"Where did Mina go?" Kovu looks around.
"She uhh..Wants some time alone." Haru didn't quite know what to say.

Guest Skyechild91
Kovu's face fell. "Oh, no. This is my fault..." She got up, and ran off. She reached Mina, and said," Hey, Mina. Im... sorry." Mina looked up and asked," Why? What did you do?" Kovu sighed. She sta down next to mina. "Im sorry for the way i treated you. I just guess I was protective and jealous. Of yours and Kyru's bond. I didnt act my age. Im sorry." Kovu looked down at the ground, and waited to see what Mina's reation would be.

Mina's voice came back to her, her expression softened.
"Kovu, I am not going to forgive you..."
Kovu jerked her head up to look at Mina, "What?! Why not?!"
"Because you didn't do anything wrong*she giggled*. You have every right to worry about losing someone close to you. I should be the one to apologize, not you." Mina kneels beside Kovu and places her hand on Kovu's shoulder.
Kovu smiles and whipes the tear from her cheek.
"Kovu!" Kyru runs up, "Don't you ever run off on me like that again! Do you hear me?"
"Yeah, yeah. I hear you...Wait a second, why are you so flustered?" Kovu lifts her eyebrow. As did Mina.
"I umm..I just..I just don't wanna have to waist my time chasing after you, that's all!" Kyru turns around quickly.
"You would chase after me?"
" Alright! That's it! You and me, one on one. Let's go!" Kyru get's into a fighting position.
Kovu looks at Mina who looks back at Kovu, then both look at Kyru and laugh histarically. "What do you think you are doing, didn't your mother ever teach ya not to pick on someone smaller than you......oops, um....*laughs at Kyru's reddening face*" Kovu throws her head back. Mina puts her hands on her knee from laughing.
"Ahh, forget you both."Kyru throws his arms down.
"No wait...Kyru don't be angry. We just wanted to have a little bit of fun." Mina called after him. He just kept walking. He mumbled something but it was too low for the girls to hear.

Guest Skyechild91
Kovu sighed and lay flat on her back. she placed her hands uner her head, and looked over at Mina. [I]Can you belive he was actually orried about me?[/I]Kovu asked Mina in mind speech. Mina nodded, looking up at teh sky. Kovu called to Kyru softly,[I]Hey. You were really worried about me, werent you?
Yeah. But... Nevermind, just forget it.[/I]Kyru broke off, and Kovu let his mind slipaway from her. She closed her eyes, and felt the wind ruffle her ebony hair. She opened her sparkling green eyes and stared at the brillaint blue sky. She smiled. "Hm.. Everything is so peaceful. Almost makes you wish that soemthing would happen..."

Mina looks after the direction in which Kyru left in. *Hmmm, my son. He's so much like his father, then again he's not. He kind of reminds me of me when I was his age...*Mina was cut off.*Oh really? I am like my father?* It was Kyru, Mina took back.
*Uhh, oops, I forgot to block. But yes, you do have your father in you.*
*Like what?* Kyru shot out.
*His charm, wits, strength*
*And what do I get from you?*
*Why do you want to know? Don't you hate me?* Mina quirks.
*Ugghh..Just forget about it..*Kyru disappeared.
Mina smiled and looked at Kovu. *She's the one for him. She's already starting to make a difference.*

Kyru didn't know exactly why he was calm, but for some reason it just came about. He knew that he would be the key to a new era, but Mina's death, but none of that mattered to him at that moment. [i] Maybe it was... rrrr stop thinking! I'm pissing myself off right now! [/i] He shook his head frantically, and then climbed up the nearest tree to relax on a branch. The silvery moon shone brightly beneath the clouds. He tried to relax, but something kept him up. [i] Miru! Let's head out! everyone seems to be awake again. [/i] He waited for a reply, but found nothing. He spun around, which was a bad move on a branch, and toppled off the tree.
[i] Kyru?
Yeah?
I think we'll spend the night here.
Are you serious?
Yep. Make do and get comfy.
Comfy... [/i]
Kyru squirmed around, upside down in the pricker bush he fell into.
[i] Are you mocking me? [/i]

After a good five minutes, he finally found his way out of the bush and brushed himself off. [i] I've changed... I wonder if it was for the better? [/i] He ran his figeres through his hair, pushing out some of the prickers. [i] sleep is for the weak. [/i] he grinned and shot up into a tree. He lept from one to the other, looking over the destruction his attack had caused. He climbed higher, to the top of the highest tree and looked again at the moon.

Guest Skyechild91
Kovu's eyes started to get blurry, and she yawned. Closing her eyes, she said," Mina, Im gonna take a nap. Im...so...stired..." Witht that she was fast asleep. But she sent to Kyru,[I]Ky, Im going to sleep, but I'd like it if you didnt invade me. My dreams always seem to consist of memories, and they arent usually godd...[/I]
Evri1 was waiting 4 me 2 post, werent they...:sweat:

[color=green]Sorry to intrude, but please restrict conversation to PMs as much as possible. I would also appreciate it if you did not post such short posts at all. Perhaps instead you could edit your original post, putting your comment in a different color so it would be noticable.

Thanks,
--terra[/color]