OtakuBoards

Rain of Fire

Squall

"Isn't that what you told me before we entered the tower?"Kyru looked away.
"Yes, it was...Go, go fight your battle. I and Haru will go ahead to the next tower. Catch up to us. And don't take too long, we may need you,"Mina and Haru started off. Mina picks up Kovu's body. Kyru looks after the three.
"I won't be long." Kyru turns around and starts walking into the night.
"Oh Kyru!" Mina stops and turns around.
"What?" irritated he turns.
"Quit with the attitude and listen. I noticed your foe, he had a cold and disturbing soul..."
"Yeah, and?"
"Stop it...He had the same soul your father has. I think he may have a connection."
"And your point being?"
"I am serious, stop with that attitude towards me...I just wanted to say be careful in fighting. If he is being controlled or what not, he may have unexpecting tricks up his sleeves. He won't kill you, he wants to capture you. So just be alert to every attack. Especially silent ones..." Mina turns around and they continue to walk towards the village.
[i]Whatever..She doesn't know Kijiro...[/i]

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyru walked into the forest, awaiting Kijiro to show himself. He remembered something with a shock and turned around.
[i] MINAA!!

Ahhh! Geeze, Kyru. You scared the living d-

Listen!! The light tower is the tower of illusions! Do not believe anything you see!!

What? I can't hear you! Some-gs bl--ing th------

Mina?? [/i]

"Suprised? telepathy is so delicate, I couln't help but to interfear." Kyru turned back around to see Kijiro standing right in front of him. "Kijiro... Why are you possessing Kijiro?!!"
"I am not being posessed, Kyru. I have just used my head.

"What are you talking about?"
"The king of souls is steadily growing stronger, I joined him and insured my victory."
"No!! You are NOT Kijiro! He would never do something li-"
"Kyru, you know it's me. You know I can't be posessed."
"SHUT UP!! QUIT PRETENDING!!"
"Me, pretend? I don't think you should be telling who to pretend. After all, your the biggest play yet."
"Me?" Kyru looked questioning, but quickly shook it off. He readied his sword and charged. Kijiro dissapeared and reapeared behind him. With a hard kick he sent Kyru to the ground. [i] Damn... I can't kill Kijiro if he's in his right mind, I owe him too much. What can I do? [/i]

Guest Skyechild91
Kyru heard, [I]Did you seriously think I would let you do this one your own?[/I] Both Kyru and Kijiro spun around. THere stood Kovu, her staff in hand. She had a small smile on her face. Kyru said to her mind, slightly suprised, [I] Ko-kovu? But your-your dead! [/I] Kovu seemed to float across the ground towards the suprised duo. She stod firmly in front of Kyru. She then said out loud, "To get to Kyru, youll have to kill me first."

*Elsewhere*
Mian stared in shock as Kovus body vanished. [I]Wh-what! Kovu's gone-
Mina! IM okay. Somehow Kyru's, yours, and Haru's care for me brought me back. But its only temporary. Ill be gone after this. Il have maybe five minutes when the fight is doen, then Ill vanish. My body will be back at the place I died. Be on your guard. That towers dangerous.[/I] Mina just nodded in shock.
Hope this is okay...

OOC: I was surprised!

"Mina, did Kovu just come back to life?" Haru's voice was quivering and stunned.
"Yes, Haru...But only for a few minutes. Let us continue towards the light tower," Mina picked up her pace. Haru close behind.
"Didn't Kyru try to say something just before Kovu disappeared?"
"Yes, he tried to tell me something about the next tower. It sounded like the tower decieving the eye...I can't remember, someone was tampering with our telopathy."
"In that case we should be most careful, don't you think?" Haru quickly got to her side.
"Yes..*grabs her stomach*I need to go to a doctor...." Mina looks down at her abdomen, it was starting to bleed.
"What on earth...Why are ya bleeding Mina?" Haru concerened.
" I was wounded a while back from that shadow demon..I did have my wound bandaged but it seems it was worse than I thought," Mina grimaced.
"I don't understand. If you are dead, then how are you able to bleed and feel pain?"
" I was resurected by the God Almighty, body and soul. He gave me life, I am not a ghost Haru. I am flesh and blood,"Mina looked at him queerly. That "duh!" look.
"Oh....yeah,"they continued to walk.
[i] Kyru...I am sorry for everything...[/i]

Kyru looked in shock at Kovu. "Kovu... I can't let you fight him."
"Oh, shut up. In your own words: 'There's not alot you can do to stop me." Kyru wanted to argue back, but decided against it. "Right. He's alot faster than he's putting on, so if you hit him, hit him hard." Kovu nodded as Kyru charged forward. He lept into the air and tried to bring it down on Kijiro's head. He jumped back and ran forward. Kyru swung his blade around his head. "Hey look! A distraction!"

"What the hell are you- ooof!!" Kovu pounded him with her staff, and he went careening into a tree. Kovu laughed. "I thought that might work." Kyru snuffed and charged forward. "Dumb luck." Kijiro rubbed his chin and looked up at Kyru, who was now about three seconds away from running his head through. Kijiro dissapeared and reapeared in a tree. "Crafty, Kyru. Your skills have modified, but not all modifications are good."
"You betray me and make me go through hell, and now you wanna preach to me again?! I'll have your head before the sun rises!"

Guest Skyechild91
Kovu suddenly wasnt beside Kyru. Kijiro fell sharply to the ground, a large hole in his back where Kovu's staff had peirced it. "And I thought you were better than that. What happaned to mister-umph!" KIjiro had gotten back up and now had Kovu rammed up against the tree trunk. Kovu laughed. "You really think you can stop me?" Her knee came up into his groin, making him lt go. She flipped down next to Kyru. "[I]Now[/I] Do you belive that you need me?"

"...You have your moments." Kyru crossed his arms and looked away. His face was turning a good shade of red. "Coming from you, thats like-"

"Can we get on with this?!!" Kyru yelled. He looked back at Kijiro. "Why did you betray me? If you weren't posessed, than what purpose would you have of leaving?"

"I just wanted to see you suffer."
"You what?!"
"After you failed the tequnice, I was forced to find your vaccine. I spent three months in a mining tunnel, not thinking about anything but your petty needs."

"No! That's not what happened! You went on your own!"
"Can you tell me what happened? Kyru, I know more about you than even your mother knows." He cackled and floated into the air. "What the hell are you talking about?" Kyru asked demandingly. "Not yet. I would rather watch you stew in your own muck for a few good weeks."
"You may want to just say it now, you won't be alive in ten minutes."

"I am not alive now. Nor am I dead. Just a wandering soul in a world of shadows. Like you, my soul purpose is to fight. But, at least I always fought for what I belived in."

"..."

Guest Skyechild91
Kovu couldnt stand to hear this creep say this type of thing, much less say it to Kyru. " You two are so busy bantering back and forth about how your going to kill one another that I could have killed both of you three times each and you still wouldnt have noticed!" She held her staff infront of her. "Ice Wave!"
YOur turn ::yawn::

Kijiro dodged the attack, or so he thought. "Heh, stupid girl. You honestly think your little shower could stop---Huh! My leg! I can't move it--" Kijiro looked down at his frost bitten leg which was firmly frozen to the ground.
"What were you saying?" Kovu patted her mouth in yawn,"Kyru! What are you doing? Finish him off! My attack will only last a few more seconds!"
"Heh, that's all I'll need!" Kyru charges his sword in front of him............
Meanwhile....
"Mina, the town. We are in town. Let's go to look for a physician,"Haru charged off, draging Mina by the arm.
"Would ya slow it down! You are going to rip my arm out of my socket!! I am not mortaly wounded you know!!"Mina jerks her arm from Haru's grasp.
The wondered through the town which was unusually lively. There were a few pedestrians walking through the streets, a couple of kids chasing eachother infront of a building. Of course, all of the buildings were delapitated and gas lights were dim, casting grim shadows on the streets. They found a medicine man and got Mina's wounds tended.
"So, you two aren't from around here are you?" the old greying man wrapped a bandage around her waist.
"No, we are not from here." Haru answered.
"Where would you have come from?"
"Mind your business old man,"Mina said seriously.
[i] Now you're starting to sound like Kyru.[/i] Haru pointed out to Mina.
Mina's eyebrow twitched. "Do you have any medicines that we could purchase?"
"I do, but I won't charge you,"the man looks at the two who were shocked, "What? I don't need money. Look around, why would I need money? People these days steal. No use for money."
"I suppose so," Mina said softly.
The old man gives her several little vials filled with a blue liquid(energy restorant), a leather pouch filled with a gold powder(when thrown in someones face, paralyzes them), and a few bottles of green liquid(when thrown at an enemy, it explodes and freezes them in their tracks. "Those were something I brewed up myself. The blue vials are all the healing I can give you. Seeing as how you my girl, can heal."
Mina smiled and Haru giggled. The two continued down the muddy streets. Searching for the tower.

Guest Skyechild91
Kovu was right beside Kyru as he charged the man. Her hands curled lightly around Kyru's, and they thrust the sword at the guy. In her otehr hand was her staff, which was also pointed at the man as they lunged.
Sorrry its so short.

"Die!!!" Kyru raised is sword high, preparing to behead Kijiro. "Wait... if you kill me... you'll never find out..."
"What do I have to find out from the likes of you?!!"
"The truth... of your father..." Kyru kneeled down to hear him better. "What tr- AAAACK!!" Kijiro had clung onto Kyru and sunk his teeth deep into his shoulder. Kyru pulled away. The man cackled. "There now your memories, are his memories..." Kovu Crushed his head with her staff and he dissolved into shadow. "Damn! It was a trick! Kyru, I think... Kyru?"

[i][color=blue] "No! Please don't go! You can't do it! Please!"

"That is the purpose of existance, for those who have no life... Kaguro"

"Mangst!!" [/color][/i]

Kyru shook his head violently. [i] Father? [/i] "Kyru!" Kyru almost leaped back. Kovu was standing in front of him. "I said it was a trick. Kijiro isn't here!"

"Yeah, that sounds like him." [i] Mina! Are you there?

Kyru! What happened?!

Who was Mangst? [/i] Even in telepathy, Mina sounded chocked up. [i] Mangst was... he killed himself the day your father completely rose the elemental tower. He was one of your fathers best friends.

What did he mean by "the purpose of existence for those who have no life"?

He... said that?

Yeah.

What the hell are you two talking about? [/i] Kovu interrupted. "Kyru, I'm only here for so long."
"...Right. I'm sorry, I just had to find out about something... hey, can I ask you something?"

"Go ahead." Kyru didn't know why, but he had an impulse about it. "Are you familliar with the name Mangst?"

Guest Skyechild91
Kovu took in a sharp breath, then looked away. "He- Yes I am, familiar with that name. He-he-" Kovu's eyes started to tear up. [I]He was my father, Kyru. My father. I-[/I] She broke off.
Sotty if its short. I didnt know what else to put. If that isnt what you wanted me to post, tell me.

It was a question that you were to decide on. If I wanted you to say something else, I would have posted it myself. *Grins*

Kovu put her head in her hands. "Hey, easy. There's no need for that." Kovu looked at him through teary eyes. "I- I'm sorry. I can never forget when he was killed."

"He wasn't killed-
[i] Kyru, you idiot! That would be a real cheery conversation "He killed himself. By the way, did you know he was the king of skulls's buddy?" [/i]

-in vain. He saved you, and I'm sure thats what he would have wanted."

"...I guess your right."

"Allright. Now that that's out of the way-"

"Kyru, how did you know his name?"

"I... read it on a tombstone." Kovu was suddenly angry. "You just read it on a tombstone!! You decide to make me remember that hell, just 'cause you had a stroke of curiosity?!" She slapped him across the face. "I didn't mean to..." [i] It's for her own good. [/i]

Guest Skyechild91
After she slapped him, Kovu broke down. She let the tears flow, and collapsed into Kyru's arms. [I]Kyru-Im sorry. I just feel useless, left out. You know something i dont, and i hate it. I cant stand this. Kyru-[/I] She couldnt say anything else, and just totally collapsed into Kyru's arms. SHe cried into his shoulder. He hled her, a little suprised.

Kyru patted her on the back and held her away far enough to look into her eyes. "Hey, your not allowed to think like that. The useless crud is why you killed yourself, remember?"

"You're right. I'm sorry."

"No, never say sorry. Learn from your mistakes and don't repeat them." Kyru couldn't help but think about Mangst and Kaguro, but he did well to keep it hidden. "So... what now?" Asked Kovu, who was now wiping the tears from her eyes. "I couldn't tell you, for I am at a loss myself. I guess we should head for the next tower, but... [i] "That is the purpose of existance, for those who have no life..." What did it mean? [/i]

Mina looked at the ground, nearly plowing her head into a street pole before Haru stopped her. "Where's your mind at Mina?"
"In the past....[i]I was hoping that he wouldn't find out about Mangst...So long ago, such a sad story....[/i] Let's continue, Haru."
"Who's Mangst?"Haru questioned.
Mina looked at Haru, kind of shocked. "I see your telapathy is improving."
"Yeah, so who is he?"
"That is of no importance now....[i]Mangst...How he needs you now. If you hadn't killed yourself, you could have stopped Kaguro. He listened to you, and only you..He never listened to me, much like his son....No Kovu, you aren't the useless one...I am...[/i] Tears fell on her cheeks...

Guest Skyechild91
Kyru said," Kovu! YOur starting to fade!" Kovu looked down. She was indeed starting to fade. She looked back at Kyru. "I guess I have to go. Mina will know where to find me." She leaned over, and kissed Kyru, startling him. She winked, teh daid," Careful, Ky. If anything happens to any of you, ill kill you." She faded out completly. Kyru stood there, two fingers to his still tingling lips, blushing.

OOC: to avoid confusion, Mina's telepathy is in [color=blue] blue [/color]

He stood there until a falling pinecone brought him back to reality. He shook his head and looked at the ground.
[i] I'm not doing anything just standing here. I need to catch up with the others, but I haven't won yet... could I really go back?

[color=blue] Of course you cna, Kyru. You can fight Kijiro another day. He'll show himself sooner or later. [/color]

Yeah, I guess you're right... Hey! How long have you been listening?!

[color=blue] *giggles* just started, swear it. [/color]

grrr...

[color=blue] Oh don't get so upset. [/color]

Who says I'm getting upset?

[color=blue] Would you prefer the term emberassed? [/color]

So you were listening!

[color=blue] No, lucky guess. Hurry up and get here so we can start on the next tower. [/color]

*in an annoying little kid voice* Yes mom. [/i]

Mina stood shocked. Haru noticed she stopped walking, "Are you okay?"

"Yes..I am fine. Look, there's another tower over on that hill! We should wait for Kyru in the park,"Mina started to walk again. [i] He called me 'mom'? Wow.."

[color=red][i]Yeah I did. Ya got a problem with that?..Well don't read too far into it..I was just mocking you..[/color][/i]

[color=blue][i]Oh, don't worry. I won't...[/color][/i]

[color=red][i]Hmmph, I am on my way. Don't go anywhere..[/color][/i]

[color=blue][i]Oh, yeah..We are just going to barge into the tower without you...[/color][/i]

[color=red][i] You would..[/color]

[color=blue] No, I would not. I don't want to have to listen to your whining whenevery you caught up with us..[/color]

[color=red]What!? He--[/color][/i]

Mina had blocked her mind. She chuckled to herself as Haru and she sat down on the merry-go-round. It groaned from the stress of the two. Slowly it turned and squeaked. "Hmm, sounds like it hasn't been used in a while,"Haru joked.

"Nope, that it has not,"Mina looked up to the sky.

Kyru frowned and started running through the wood. [i] Maybe there's a way to bring Kovu back in the tower of light... no. That tower is only filled with deception. What were the rumors? [/i] Kyru finally reached the edge of the forest, casting one last glance at where Kijiro appeared. [i] And Kovu came to help me... [/i] Kyru darted across the hill until he found where the village was. For some reason, he could see the tower in his mind. It was pearly white and glowing, no gates or demons around at all. [i] That's because that tower doesn't need guards, it's its own weapon. [/i] A strange ankeling to roll down the hill came, but he shook it off in an instant. [i] I'd hate myself if I decided to do that. [/i] Suddenly, he relized that it wasn't his ankeling at all, but Mina's. *Flashback* Mina laughed as she started rolling down the hill. SHe swerved to the left and hit her head hard on a rock. Someone very familliar walked up to her. "Hey miss! You okay?"

"..."
"Miss?" The man leaned over and relized that she wasn't breathing. He almost paniced as a group of small girls came to see. "Oh my god! What'd you do?"

"Wasn't me."
"Aren't you going to save her?"
"Save her?" The boy scratched his head and looked up at them. "How?"
"CPR, dummy!"
"What?! No way! You do it!"
"She's not gonna hold on much longer! Hurry up!" The boy groans and leans down. Mina's eyes flickered open just as he got closer. "What are you doing?" The boy leaped back in suprise. "I er, I was trying to..."

Kyru couldn't help but laugh. He heard Mina in his mind and immediately stopped.
[i] [color=blue] Fond memories... they're hard to come by these days. That was how Kaguro and I first met. [/color]

Uh-er... that was Kaguro?

[color=blue] Yes. In the few years before he went insane... [/color]

You really loved him, didn't you?

[color=blue] No, he was really a- [/color]

Retorical question. I'm kinda proof that you loved him. [/i]

[color=blue][i] Oh alright..I loved him then. Then he knew nothing of greed, lust for power, and hate...[/color][/i]

"Mina..I don't understand something. Why all of the sudden did he turn evil?"

[color=blue][i]I guess it was because of the war that was going on at the time. He couldn't stand to sit back and watch as other suffering. His dissapointment and frustration turned into hate and rage. The slaughter of innocent drove him to insanity, and when the tournament came around with that opportunity to be granted a wish, that only fueled the flame burning within...It was sad to see him turn. And when his best friend killed himself, that was the last straw....[/color][/i]

Mina grew silent. Kyru looked toward the village and jumped down the hill, rather than rolling down." I don't want to bust my head open..."he giggled at the thought of Mina, a warrior, acting so childish..

Kyru made it to the bottom of the hill and started towards the town.
[i] Mina, I have to ask you something that may be hard to answer.

[color=blue] Hmmm? [/color]

Well...

[COLOR=blue]C'mon, you can say it. What's on your mind?[/COLOR]

It's just... well... nothing. Nevermind, forget about it.

[COLOR=blue]Forget about it? Now I'm curious.[/COLOR]

I said forget about it. We'll cross the bridge when we come to it.

[COLOR=blue]If you don't trust me to answer your question, how can-[/COLOR]

I said forget it didn't I? We should concentrate on the Light tower. All that I've heard, is that it first ensnares tresspassers in a web that shows them their fondest dream. Immediatley after, it's supposed to show you your worst nightmare.

[COLOR=blue]Sounds interesting... what could be on your mind that's so bad or good or whatever, that you wouldn't even be able to trust me to answer it?[/COLOR]

...no. you're not going to badger me into saying it.

[COLOR=blue]Y'know if Kovu were here, she'd probably tell you to stop acting like a little prick! Didn't you learn anything from her suicide? Wasn't it caused from this kind of attitude?[/COLOR]

You're probably right. She said it in the wind tower, to stop running and accept some help...

[COLOR=blue]Look, I'm sorry that she died, but-[/COLOR]

What the hell is that?

[COLOR=blue]???[/COLOR] [/i]

Kyru looked on as a white liquid like silvery... thing started spreading across the horizon. People nearest to it started to flee in terror, but some seemed to welcome it. Kyru looked into the distance, but could'nt see a beginning or an end to it, because his view was blocked by a foreast.

[i] MINA!! GRAB HARU AND GET THE HELL OUTTA THERE!!

[COLOR=blue]Ky.. ca... .ear yo... KYr...[/COLOR]

Mina! Haru! Anyone!! [/i]

Kyru growled and started in a full fledged sprint towards the town.

[color=royal blue][i]Kyru! Kyru!![/color][/i] "Damnit! Huh, what the crap is that?"Mina saw what Kyru must have seen,"Haru!! Let's get out of here!" The silvery liquid poured over the ground and chased after the two.

"What is this?!"Haru called out.

"I don't know! But I don't want to find out!" Both ran over the bridge and stood infront of the tower. Mina looked back to see Kyru running over the bridge.

"Mina!! Keep going!" Kyru ran past her and Haru.

All three kept running full force until the came up to the gate of the tower. Kyru, Mina, and Haru were abruptly stopped by an invisible shield.

"Now what?!" Haru paniced and Mina was looking around for a safer place. The liquid was rushing towards the group.

Kyru turned around and started pounding on the shield. His blows sunk in, but were pushed out like a trampaline. "Damn this thing!!" The liquid rose over a hill and was now in plain sight. "What are we going to do!?"

"Don't ask me! I have no idea!" The liquid roared down the hill like a giant tidle wave. Everyone braced themselves, and the liquid thundered down upon them, washing them away...

[color=darkred] Kyru woke up. He was sprawled across the floor of what looked to be a holy room. In front a casket lay, bathing in the warm sunlight.
[i] I can see with both eyes... [/i]
Mina had already woken up, she walked through the aisle of benches towards the front. She turned around looked at him. "Good, your awake."
"What happened?" Mina shrugged and ran her fingers across the satin benches. "That wave must have washed us inside. I only just woke up." Haru was sitting on one of the benches, examening the wall. "These markings are really cool."
"They're incantations. This one reads Oh fortune, just as the moon you vary your state, always increasing or decreasing, the detestable life..."
[i] Why is this place so familliar? [/i] [/color]

[color=blue] Mina woke up, slumped in the corner of a room. Her eyes hadn't ajusted to the light, so she could barely see. "Hello?"

"Mom! You're awake! Are you okay?"

"Did you just call me mom? Forget about me, Kyru, are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah, everything is okay." She held her hand over her eyes and looked around again. "That title wave must have washed us inside."

[i] I know this place, somewhere... [/i] [/color]

Mina woke up, it was dark. Her head was pounding and she felt that she was alone. She was on her hands and knees, crawling along the ground. Trying to feel around on the floor for Kyru and Haru. The floor was cold, hard and gritty. She scooped up dirt and what felt like bones. [color=royal blue][i]Kyru! Kyru, where are you? Can you hear me? Kyru, please speak to me...[/color][/i]

[color=brick red][i]I can hear you, but I can't see you.[/i]

[color=royal blue]Where are you? Voice please so I could follow it to you..[/color][/i]

"Over here! Hey Mina!!" Kyru kept yelling. Mina stood up carefully followed his voice.

"I thought I was already awake..That was strange. Did that happen to you?" Mina whispered.

"Yeah, I thought we were already awake. I thought we were in a church. Where's Haru?"

"I don't know. I thought I was in a bright room and you actually called out 'mom'...Let's try to find something to light..."They both stretched their arms, hands dragging along the wall.

"Wait, I can't believe I didn't think of this earlier." Mina had that embarrassed tone.

"What's that?"

Mina grabbed her reaprence from her back holster and tapped it on the ground. The blue flame's light flooded the area around them. "Ah, much better."

"Haru!!" both called out.

"Where are you two!!? And where the crap are we!?"It was Haru. He sounded quite mad.

Once they were all together, they started to walk down the corridors of the tower. "What was the meaning of our dreams?" Mina looked over at Kyru.