OtakuBoards

So you sing in the shower?

Burori

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1]I've decided to respond through Asuka's questionaire.

[b]Do you sing in the shower?[/b]

I sing in the shower all of the time, actually.

[b]What song do you sing occasionally?[/b]

I usually sing songs from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer musical. ^_^"

[b]And why do you think you sing it?[/b]

It started out of boredom, I guess, and slowly turned into a hobby of sorts. But I would never even connsider singing outside of the shower, I'd be too embarassed.

-Shy[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shy [/i]
[B][size=1]

[b]What song do you sing occasionally?[/b]

I usually sing songs from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer musical. ^_^"

-Shy[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]I never thought I would see "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "musical" used in the same phrase...

Anyway, I sing all the time, in the shower, while playing the guitar, and especially when I'm driving. [/color]

[FONT=arial]considering it's usually about 5:30 in the morning when I take my shower, if I do sing, I sing as quietly as possible. I just sing whatever song I wake up with stuck in my head, and end up singing it for the rest of the day. lately it's been stuff from the Chicago soundtrack. if there isn't anybody at home, then I sing as loudly and enthusiastically as I like. as for if I sing decently, I dunno. I can keep a tune, but I don't know if it actually sounds good. you'd have to ask Samantha or something ^_^'.[/FONT]

I find the natural accoustics of a shower are the best place to refine my Bel Canto technique (you know, the sarah briggtham, andrea bochelli technique, etc). I like to sing opera hits like "Ave Maria" or "Nel Cor Piu Non Mi Sento". Sometimes I sing nice musical songs like "I have dreamed" from the King and I. The problem is, while the music has a discernable taste, my college roomates don't enjoy it.

depends on my mood when I'm in the shower really, sometimes i sing the song i was listening to before i got in, sometimes I quote movies in the shower (monty python's my favorite, "I don't like spam!!!"), sometimes I sing in japanese too, mostly anime theme songs, and I have been known to carry on conversations with myself in the shower (much to my brother's horror, he thought someone was in there with me).

I don't sing in the shower, ever. I do, however, think in the shower. I can think for a long, long time too. I used to take half-hour showers just because I was preoccupied with whatever was on my mind. I've whittled it down to 5-10 minutes, though.

[size=1] I sometimes sing along to Me First and the Gimme Gimmes type tunes, the punk cover stuff, but I'll punk up other songs I haven't heard any one else do, Of course i have to imagine musical backing :p

Other times, I sing along to Pink Floyd, whose music I'm really only beginning to appreciate, or even satellite, you won't know them, they're the Eastercamp band. [/size]

Well frankly I like to sing in the shower. I mean, water is naturally a soothing thing, you have to top it off with music. I love to sing old Metallica songs, Dream Thether songs, Slipknot, Gorefest, pure metal thats it. Sometimes Obsession from .Hack series (jejejeje ooops) and also Please! Teacher begining song!!!!

I sing... I sing all the time. Just not aloud, so no-one can hear it. I sing it in my head.

I tend to do this in the shower aswell. When I feel like that day is gooing to be a good day. If I think it's going to be a bad day, or a "sadness/emotional day", I [i]do[/i] sing, though usually emotional songs... I like emotional songs anyway, but they mean more when I'm in a down mood. :drunk:

well i do sing some times i guess, i brought a shower radio and i listen to that some times but one time i got bored of the music in the mornings and decided to bring in a tape player but i found out that there r no sockets in the bath room so now i use a cd player in a plastic bag to listen to music if i am having a bath or a shower!!!

I sing Christian songs in the shower, because that is the only time I can be alone from my family. I am a pretty good singer, but I don't like to sing in front of people unless I am playing around and am using some wierd or dumb voice to get a laugh. I will do anything for a laugh. But yeah, that is why I sing in the shower.

I sing in the shower....*looks around nervously* Yeah well normally I sing anything that pops into my head...last week I caught myself singing thw who song from Suessical the Musical. But noramlly I sing stuff off of my raido or anime theme songs withch i hum like Saint Tails. God I love the score for that one...oh yeah but one time I caught my brother singing Monty Python's Always look on the bright side of life song from The life of Brain from outside the bathroom door. And being the wicked little sister I am I mock him by singing it in the shower when I know he's walking by...Oh so evil I am:devil: I also sing Smipson's songs :sweat:

Guest Skyechild91
Like i said earlier, when do i not? i men, in and out of the shower. i sing wherever i get the chance, and usually wind up having everi1 staring @ me in amazement when im done. i sing stuff like dream, cheetah girls, sarai, prince, sara evens, and you never know what yur gonna hear out of my mouth one moment, because its always different! but i stil end up amazing everi1 w/ my voice. my voice is like what buffy's should sound like. gorgeous and beautiful, not childish and girly. i cant do bubble gum music any more. i used to be able to sing w/ britney spears, and no one could tell who was singing, me or britney! i blended that well. and when i get compliments, i usually stare @ my feet for ten minutes. my last performance was @ my church, and afterwards someone said, 'i didnt know you could sing! how long have you been able to sing like that?' me,' umm.. forever?' them,' why were you holding back on us? your voice is amazing!' and my mom said,' i got so many compliments on you it wasnt even funny.' okay im bragging, but its true! ::looks confoosaid:: wait, that would meen i wasnt bragging... ::walks of confused::

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SailorStar [/i]
[B]Like i said earlier, when do i not? i men, in and out of the shower. i sing wherever i get the chance, and usually wind up having everi1 staring @ me in amazement when im done. i sing stuff like dream, cheetah girls, sarai, prince, sara evens, and you never know what yur gonna hear out of my mouth one moment, because its always different! but i stil end up amazing everi1 w/ my voice. my voice is like what buffy's should sound like. gorgeous and beautiful, not childish and girly. i cant do bubble gum music any more. i used to be able to sing w/ britney spears, and no one could tell who was singing, me or britney! i blended that well. and when i get compliments, i usually stare @ my feet for ten minutes. my last performance was @ my church, and afterwards someone said, 'i didnt know you could sing! how long have you been able to sing like that?' me,' umm.. forever?' them,' why were you holding back on us? your voice is amazing!' and my mom said,' i got so many compliments on you it wasnt even funny.' okay im bragging, but its true! ::looks confoosaid:: wait, that would meen i wasnt bragging... ::walks of confused:: [/B][/QUOTE]

:rolleyes: Ugh, show off. You're not the only one like that. People stare at me when I sing which is always. And when I'm not they stare at and ask why I'm not. I even get requests for songs. So :p. And people clap while I sing. I can imitate any singer I've heard. Even Britney, even though she sucks. I can change my voice tone which means I can sing at different levels and I have a flexible tongue which makes it easy to sing at any speed and whatever. Stop trying to show off. There's other people in the world too.

Umm....:confused: Was that a little strong?

Guest Skyechild91
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by dayday [/i]
[B]:rolleyes: Ugh, show off. You're not the only one like that. People stare at me when I sing which is always. And when I'm not they stare at and ask why I'm not. I even get requests for songs. So :p. And people clap while I sing. I can imitate any singer I've heard. Even Britney, even though she sucks. I can change my voice tone which means I can sing at different levels and I have a flexible tongue which makes it easy to sing at any speed and whatever. Stop trying to show off. There's other people in the world too.
[/B][/QUOTE]
Never said there wasnt. And so can I. Imitate people. Hehehe...::storytime!:: @ church i sung w/ my mom, a song called strange fire. @ the end, sum1 told my mom,' you werent singing the idigo girls, you WERE the indigo gilrs! you were possesed!' let me tell ya. that freaked me out a little.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ssjBrolli [/i]
[B]Well I just found out that I not only sing Kryptonite in the shower but also Linkin Park song's, lol. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=silver][size=1]My mother asked me to stop doing that. My neighbor's didn't like hearing me belt out 'Don't Stay' at 6:oo a.m.

Do you sing in the shower?[b];;[/b]

Yes. Yes I do. I was in the shower about a half an hour ago, and I was singing.

What songs do you sing?[b];;[/b]

That depends on whether or not I bring my CD player into the bathroom. Though generally the song I sing [ and dance to ] the most frequently, is Christina Aguilera's 'Dirrty'.

But that's not all I'm limited to. The song I sing depends on the mood I'm in a what's in my head. I often end up singing songs I don't know the words to.

Orgy, Mindless Self Indulgence, Principal's List, Nsync, Joan Armatradding, Michelle Branch, Godsmack, KoRn, Hanson, Beyonce, Briteny, Sex Pistols, Billy Idol, Insane Clown Posse, The Misfits, etc.

Why do you sing in the shower?[b];;[/b]

To wake myself up. And to get the song out of my head.[/size][/color]

[color=teal]I'd usually sing something really loud out of spite for my family. They absolutely hate my music. (Rockers own.)

For a joke, however, I start sing "Crazy in Love" when I get out of the shower. It's not like it can be helped. My family thinks I'm insane.[/color]

[color=crimson]Bleh, I like to sing, but I hate it when my brother and sister pretend to be in agony even if I hum. v_v
I sing in the shower, but it echoes so loud, and I always take them late at night, so I am afraid I will wake someone up. I also sing when I walk the dog, no echo, no siblings, just me, my deaf dog, and the trees around me.
I like to sing Colors of the Wind from Pocahantus, I don't know why; Beautiful Goodbye by Amanda Marshall, my favorite song; Valpariso by Sting, I love the lyrics; and Tears by X-Japan. I really like to sing those songs, and maybe in the middle of one, it will become another. Oh, Adam's Song by Blink 182 is another, but that is the last.

~Lumi ^_^[/color]